PDA

View Full Version : Fyvie injury

Zazu62
19-11-2016, 07:22 PM
Didn't look in a good way any news on him?

tamig
19-11-2016, 07:24 PM
Hopefully he will be fine but it didn't look good. We miss him more than any other player imo. He had another great game today.

Famous Fiver
19-11-2016, 07:24 PM
Thought he should have been subbed straight away but it took a while to happen.

He had a great game today. Extra class which shines like beacon in this division.

HappyAsHellas
19-11-2016, 07:25 PM
Hope it's not serious as the difference in performance with both him and Mcginn out was painfully obvious.

blackpoolhibs
19-11-2016, 07:25 PM
I thought it was a kick in the knackers at first, but obviously not. At least we have 2 weeks before the next game.

Billy Whizz
19-11-2016, 07:26 PM
I thought it was a kick in the knackers at first, but obviously not. At least we have 2 weeks before the next game.

In hoping that's what it was, rather than something too serious😄

monktonharp
19-11-2016, 07:30 PM
I thought it looked like a hernia strain , or similar. initially did look like he'd been hit in the knackers too

Tom Hart RIP
19-11-2016, 07:35 PM
Lennon said it was a recurring groin problem and hopes the extra week will help him be ready for tannadice but too early to tell

theonlywayisup
19-11-2016, 07:45 PM
Hopefully he will be fine but it didn't look good. We miss him more than any other player imo. He had another great game today.

:top marksthank goodness there's someone on Hibs.net that knows his/her football.

Last season, we were on the up. Still well positioned in the league and had just beaten St Johnstone in League Cup semi, when he got injured at Morton. That then started the run of poor results. He was also missing when we lost the League Cup final.

In the Scottish Cup final, he was immense. He played really well that day and we are lucky to have a player of his calibre.

Diclonius
19-11-2016, 07:47 PM
Our best midfielder this season IMO. A rich man's Brian Kerr.

GreenCastle
19-11-2016, 07:47 PM
:top marksthank goodness there's someone on Hibs.net that knows his/her football.

Last season, we were on the up. Still well positioned in the league and had just beaten St Johnstone in League Cup semi, when he got injured at Morton. That then started the run of poor results. He was also missing when we lost the League Cup final.

In the Scottish Cup final, he was immense. He played really well that day and we are lucky to have a player of his calibre.

This ! Under rated and a winner.

McGinn, Fyvie and Keatings out would be far from ideal.

Hopefully those waiting for game time step up like BG today.

Borderhibbie76
19-11-2016, 08:03 PM
Not ideal if he is out but ready made replacement in Dylan

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
19-11-2016, 08:07 PM
It's not ideal but I'm quite comfortable with the idea of Dylan McGeouch coming in if Fyvie is going to be out for a bit.

Hopefully the extra week off will allow him the time he needs to recover.

Golden Bear
19-11-2016, 08:07 PM
[QUOTE=Borderhibbie76;4862200]Not ideal if he is out but ready made replacement in Dylan

Sent from my

Much as I like Mcgeoch, I doubt if he could get thru 90 mins injury free. He has obvious fitness problems and is more suited to bench duties.

HoboHarry
19-11-2016, 08:21 PM
Our best midfielder this season IMO. A rich man's Brian Kerr.
If I was Fraser I would track you down and chap your door then boot you in the baws just for bringing up Kerr's name......

:greengrin

Famous Fiver
19-11-2016, 08:25 PM
Fyvie was immense today.

Auld claes and porridge when he and McGinn departed the scene.

How lucky are we to have them both?

Hibeewilly
19-11-2016, 08:29 PM
Fyvie was immense today.

Auld claes and porridge when he and McGinn departed the scene.

How lucky are we to have them both?
:top marks

PPZPOL
19-11-2016, 08:29 PM
Hope he's back for next game. Pivotal to how we play and makes a bit difference when in side.

Gogs07
19-11-2016, 08:53 PM
Still remember kerr's goal against the Huntz at the bus shelter in a glorious 1-0 win. But still worth a kick in the baws though!!:greengrin

andy1875
19-11-2016, 09:02 PM
Looked like it was his groin when he went down and appeared to be in a fair bit of discomfort.

Fingers crossed its not serious as others have said, pivotal to our game imo. Hopefully a new deal being discussed as im sure he is out of contract in the summer too.

Pretty Boy
19-11-2016, 09:08 PM
Said on the match day thread he should have been subbed straight away, it was obvious he was in a bit distress. Hopefully the extra 5 minutes or so it took to sub him didn't add to any damage.

J-C
19-11-2016, 09:15 PM
Jarred his groin/hip in the challenge and he tried to run it off, I'm glad he used his brain and kicked the ball out so he could come off, he's been crucial for us this season and we'll miss him.

matty_f
19-11-2016, 09:42 PM
Thought Fyvie had his boots on the wrong feet for a spell in the first half, he put six or seven passes astray in quick succession.

That spell aside, he was terrific again. I think he is the most important part of our midfield.

The Harp Awakes
19-11-2016, 09:52 PM
Brilliant performance today from Fraser. He's been getting better and better with every game and it's gutting that he's picked up what looks like a serious injury. He was struggling to walk coming off the pitch.

Golden Bear
19-11-2016, 10:05 PM
Hopefully the injury is not as bad as it first looked. It makes it even worse when it came from one of our free kick routines. I don't believe for a minute that the three players involved knew exactly what the supposed "plan" was!

O'Rourke3
19-11-2016, 10:10 PM
Thought Fyvie had his boots on the wrong feet for a spell in the first half, he put six or seven passes astray in quick succession.

That spell aside, he was terrific again. I think he is the most important part of our midfield.

3 or 4....Said when he lobbed the ball up the left shy line and Louis didn't chase it there'd be a 14 pager on what he brings to the team. Thought he was excellent today. Not getting a hard time because he looks injured.

stoneyburn hibs
19-11-2016, 10:25 PM
It was groin I think, sit just up from the dug out and that's where he signalled when he was walking down the tunnel.
Hopefully it's not too bad as he would be a big miss.

hibby6270
20-11-2016, 10:51 AM
The annoying thing is that if "the plan" at the free kick hadn't been cocked up, the tackle leading to the injury would never have happened. Shinnie, McGinn & Fyvie were obviously trying to confuse the defence by attempting to make out they'd made a mistake in taking the free kick "badly" and ended up confusing themselves. Pity really!!

Billy Whizz
20-11-2016, 11:22 AM
Lennon said on Hibs TV, that he'll give him some rest this week, and should be ok for the United game
Seemingly he's been cutting back on his training due to this injury, can't afford him and McGinn out at the same time

greenlex
20-11-2016, 01:54 PM
Jarred his groin/hip in the challenge and he tried to run it off, I'm glad he used his brain and kicked the ball out so he could come off, he's been crucial for us this season and we'll miss him.

If he'd used his brain he would have sat Down until McGeouch was ready fireplace him.

NadeAteMyLunch!
20-11-2016, 02:04 PM
Not having much luck with injuries to our midfielders at the moment

J-C
20-11-2016, 02:56 PM
If he'd used his brain he would have sat Down until McGeouch was ready fireplace him.

I think he thought it would be able to run off but as soon as he kicked the ball he realised there was no chance, so put the ball out, hindsight is a wonderful thing eh?

brog
20-11-2016, 03:03 PM
I've been a huge fan of FF since he arrived on loan & was astonished & delighted that we got him on a permanent deal. His contribution to our last 2 goals in THAT game was superb, particularly the winner where his tremendous attitude shone through. A fine player & we're lucky to have him.

Hermit Crab
21-11-2016, 01:01 AM
He wasn't at the cup final dinner tonight. Keatings was though, walking fine.

jax67
21-11-2016, 06:10 AM
Fyvie is a cracking player. Does the basics very well, only ever takes chances in the final third with his passes. I like the way he always slots in when one of our backies goes marauding. Looks a natural leader.

bigwheel
21-11-2016, 08:55 AM
it was noticeable after Fyvie went off injured on Saturday, that our shape and performance levels dropped...he plays such a key role, linking defence to attack..Hope he isn't out for long

Gmack7
21-11-2016, 09:50 AM
How long does he have left on his contact, is this his final year?

Earlydelivery
21-11-2016, 09:58 AM
Absolutely important player for us ,hardly ever gives the ball away ,and most importantly never ever hides .

Earlydelivery
21-11-2016, 10:08 AM
Absolutely important player for us ,hardly ever gives the ball away ,and most importantly never ever hides .

greenlex
21-11-2016, 10:28 AM
I think he thought it would be able to run off but as soon as he kicked the ball he realised there was no chance, so put the ball out, hindsight is a wonderful thing eh?
He could have stll sat down after putting the ball out till Dylan was ready. There was a danger as he was heading off we were gonna be with ten men for a bit or Dylan still readying himself whilst on the park.

Big L
21-11-2016, 11:03 AM
How long does he have left on his contact, is this his final year?

This is his final year and Hibs need to do something about it now! We can't afford to lose players of his calibre, same gies for McGregor', he should also get a new deal now!

scoopyboy
21-11-2016, 12:08 PM
This is his final year and Hibs need to do something about it now! We can't afford to lose players of his calibre, same gies for McGregor', he should also get a new deal now!

The same could be argued for around eight of them.

Won't be much done until we find out what League we are in, NL has said as much already.

ahibby
21-11-2016, 12:37 PM
it was noticeable after Fyvie went off injured on Saturday, that our shape and performance levels dropped...he plays such a key role, linking defence to attack..Hope he isn't out for long

I get that but I'm not sure you can attribute all of that to Fyvie going off. Ultimately we changed to a 5 1 2 2 formation and for me when Bartley went on that was as good as saying it's going to end 4 0 (barring one marauding run forward).

theonlywayisup
03-12-2016, 06:07 PM
I think last night was another confirmation of how important Fraser Fyvie is to Hibs.

He was absolutely brilliant in the Scottish Cup Final. His injury against Morton last year was the start of a depressing period of results. Let's hope that his current injury does not have the same impact on our league form.

Massive player for Hibs. I fear that he'll be away at the end of this season. The longer we go before promotion is confirmed, the more likely he'll be off.

Del Boy
04-12-2016, 05:36 PM
Do we know how long he's out for?