PDA

View Full Version : Shinnie

Billychaotic182
19-11-2016, 06:37 PM
Thought he was fantastic today. Always has that killer ball and had it not been for poor finishing he could have ended up with 4 or 5 assists. But where I'm sitting he is constantly getting pelters from the stand. Does my nut in. At one point some fool shouted to sub him and this was in the first half. Seems he is the new boo boy for some. Took great delight when they announced him as man of the match.

Shrekko
19-11-2016, 06:41 PM
Some sublime stuff from him today but it's still not enough for some of the morons in the stands. Some of them were delighted that they got the chance to mock the MOM. Embarrassing people.

PISTOL1875
19-11-2016, 06:41 PM
Thought he was fantastic today. Always has that killer ball and had it not been for poor finishing he could have ended up with 4 or 5 assists. But where I'm sitting he is constantly getting pelters from the stand. Does my nut in. At one point some fool shouted to sub him and this was in the first half. Seems he is the new boo boy for some. Took great delight when they announced him as man of the match.

One problem he has is that he takes far too many touches at times. This was displayed when allowed two QOTS players close him down and he fell over the ball.

Thecat23
19-11-2016, 06:43 PM
One problem he has is that he takes far too many touches at times. This was displayed when allowed two QOTS players close him down and he fell over the ball.

Said the very same. Played well today but he dwells on the ball to much.

Billychaotic182
19-11-2016, 06:43 PM

He was also sandwiched by two queens players and managed to play an inch perfect pass to Boyle to make him through on goal.

hibee_girl
19-11-2016, 06:44 PM

Exactly this, he seems quite indecisive as well.

He wasn't my MOTM!

danhibees1875
19-11-2016, 06:46 PM
Looked good. He has a good turn on him which seems to work most of the time. Someone near me complained that he hadn't once passed the ball to Graham. It wasn't something I'd been overly aware of, I can remember one incident where Graham was clean through but Shinnie chose an ambitious ball to Boyle - but nothing else stuck out on that front.

Shrekko
19-11-2016, 06:46 PM
Said the very same. Played well today but he dwells on the ball to much.

That's good you said the same👍🏻 So what?

Does the fact that he seems to see and pick out passes better than any other player maybe suggest he knows what he's doing in terms of when to release the ball?

BlackSheep
19-11-2016, 06:48 PM
Exactly this, he seems quite indecisive as well.

He wasn't my MOTM!

Out of interest... who was?

J-C
19-11-2016, 06:50 PM
He's not blessed with speed or pace but he has a very good quick football brain and quick feet to match, almost everything went he rough him.

hibee_girl
19-11-2016, 06:56 PM
Out of interest... who was?

I thought McGinn was very good today

HFCdeb
19-11-2016, 06:59 PM
He was fantastic today, a well deserved man of the match. All of our great play came through him.

onfire
19-11-2016, 07:08 PM
Some sublime stuff from him today but it's still not enough for some of the morons in the stands. Some of them were delighted that they got the chance to mock the MOM. Embarrassing people.

Are people not allowed an opinion!?

steelendhibs
19-11-2016, 07:09 PM
He runs directly at opponents with the ball, forcing them to commit. Great to watch

Hiber-nation
19-11-2016, 07:10 PM

If you mean the cretins who were screaming for Lennon to take him off after 20 minutes then no.

Thecat23
19-11-2016, 07:12 PM
That's good you said the same👍🏻 So what?

Does the fact that he seems to see and pick out passes better than any other player maybe suggest he knows what he's doing in terms of when to release the ball?

What you on about? I wasn't having a go it's purely an observation as he actually got caught today doing it. Settle yourself down to a panic!!

onfire
19-11-2016, 07:19 PM
If you mean the cretins who were screaming for Lennon to take him off after 20 minutes then no.

The post was about his man of the match award - not everyone agrees with who was the motm- that's what I was asking. I thought he played well but not motm.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-11-2016, 07:21 PM

Some games will be at a pace or style where that can be allowed but in the Championship, teams who are a bit short on quality will be told to close down players quickly. That's more an awareness issue than anything else.

matty_f
19-11-2016, 07:24 PM
I thought he was well with his MotM awarded today. He did well and was at the heart of most of the chances we created.

emerald green
19-11-2016, 07:36 PM
I thought Andrew Shinnie had a really good game today. Guaranteed there will be those that disagree with that though.

Super_JMcGinn
19-11-2016, 07:47 PM
I thought Andrew Shinnie had a really good game today. Guaranteed there will be those that disagree with that though.
Even Ray Charles couldn't disagree with that, he and McGinn were superb for the first hour.

eastcoasthibby
19-11-2016, 07:49 PM
When Shinnie is playing well we are a better team he li nd up play and has an ability to drive at players and go Dr pockets of space that help make things happen, pretty rare

As I said a clever and influential player when he's on his game, he will be a really important player to us this season ..I predict !!

bookert
19-11-2016, 07:49 PM
I thought Andrew Shinnie had a really good game today. Guaranteed there will be those that disagree with that though.aye thought he was excellent,picks a pass and gets into great positions.

ronaldo7
19-11-2016, 07:54 PM
I watched him closely today, and he was always on the look out for the ball. His best work is done further up the park, and when he's threading the ball in for Boyle, he's a joy to watch. At one point when all around him were on their heels, he was moving into space to receive the ball and start another attack.

gaz1875
19-11-2016, 07:56 PM
He's a very good player, but like others have said some people around me only notice the odd misplaced pass out of a dozen. Some of his defence splitting passes today were sublime. To be fair there were a number of players that could have picked up the MOTM he did and it was well deserved.

Highland_Hibee
19-11-2016, 07:58 PM

You sit in the East mate? Some of that pish was filtering over to me. I must admit I was surprised he got MotM but it certainly wasn't the tragic display some folk in the stands were seeing.

We see it far too often at ER. Player wants on the ball at every opportunity. Player misjudges the space he has a couple of times early on. Player gets pounced on by sections of the crowd for every misplaced ball there on after. Doesn't matter if he's delivering killer balls and forcing runs every other attempt.

Even SJM isn't immune as shown last weekend. It's fair to have an opinion and it's fair to have a level of expectation but bloody hell appreciate them when they are doing things right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
19-11-2016, 08:04 PM
Shinnie and McGinn and McGeouch will always have stray passes, thats because they will sometimes be trying to thread the ball through a needle.

These players are our creative men, the ones trying to pick the lock from packed defenses, we could always replace them with Bartley who does not try these passes.

This is not me having a pop at Bartley, but it's horses for courses, and Bartley is more of a defensive midfielder who prefers to break play up.

If we are to open teams up, we really need to be prepared for quite a few passes to be intercepted.

West lower
19-11-2016, 08:08 PM
He's a very good player, but like others have said some people around me only notice the odd misplaced pass out of a dozen. Some of his defence splitting passes today were sublime. To be fair there were a number of players that could have picked up the MOTM he did and it was well deserved.

I thought Shinnie had a fine match today, but MOM for me was bid Daz at the back. Think he won every single challenge. Immense today.

Shrekko
19-11-2016, 08:09 PM

Thanks for saving me the bother of saying the same.

People can have their opinions just like I'm entitled to say they're moronic.

Shinnie is easily our most creative player but some folk think he's indecisive and holds on to the ball too long. It's laughable.

He's not the strongest so does get dispossessed at times but that's usually happens when he's waiting on something to open up.

He's not perfect but he's damn good- yet some are DETERMINED to have a pop. The boy played fantastic today just like McGinn- another one who folk seem to want to criticise .. along with Fyvie.

A boy in the FF upper shouted 'Fyvie's doon- dig a hole!' when he got injured today - that's why I'm sick of these loud mouthed morons.

Great performance by Hibs today too.

Booked4Being-Ugly
19-11-2016, 08:21 PM
Shinnie's a bit of an enigma. He seems to have the heart of a mouse sometimes and couldn't tackle a fish supper which can be quite frustrating, however can dance through opposition defences and thread some sublime balls through to the forwards.

He wasn't at his best in the 1st half but was exceptional in the 2nd and deserved the MoM award.

tamig
19-11-2016, 08:22 PM
I thought Shinnie was excellent today but the MOTM could have gone to either of him, Fyvie, Boyle or Fontaine. Thought Fonts was superb today.

Billy Whizz
19-11-2016, 08:24 PM
Shinnie's a bit of an enigma. He seems to have the heart of a mouse sometimes and couldn't tackle a fish supper which can be quite frustrating, however can dance through opposition defences and thread some sublime balls through to the forwards.

He wasn't at his best in the 1st half but was exceptional in the 2nd and deserved the MoM award.

Isn't it nice to have players running at the opposition, which Shinnie does, rather than players who make side ways passes. He's not successful all the time, but at least he's positive and makes things happen

Billychaotic182
19-11-2016, 08:25 PM
You sit in the East mate? Some of that pish was filtering over to me. I must admit I was surprised he got MotM but it certainly wasn't the tragic display some folk in the stands were seeing.

We see it far too often at ER. Player wants on the ball at every opportunity. Player misjudges the space he has a couple of times early on. Player gets pounced on by sections of the crowd for every misplaced ball there on after. Doesn't matter if he's delivering killer balls and forcing runs every other attempt.

Even SJM isn't immune as shown last weekend. It's fair to have an opinion and it's fair to have a level of expectation but bloody hell appreciate them when they are doing things right!

Aye mate I'm in the east. I don't mind fans criticising players but when it is out of order I'll speak up. I did today. Some roasters in our fan base.

Scouse Hibee
19-11-2016, 08:36 PM
Even Ray Charles couldn't disagree with that, he and McGinn were superb for the first hour.

Was far from superb for the first half but had a great second half. Are you Ray Charles?

Tom Hart RIP
19-11-2016, 08:38 PM
Always looks for the ball to help a team mate. My motm today.

Galahibby
19-11-2016, 08:41 PM

There wasn't any mocking going on, but everyone around me was a bit surprised by the MotM award. Opinions, eh?

Ozyhibby
19-11-2016, 08:45 PM
Thought today was his best game since his debut. I've been critical so only fair to say he had a good game today.

Jonnyboy
19-11-2016, 08:46 PM

Funny you should say that as the guy behind me asked if it was Ray Charles that had selected Shinnie as man of the match.

FWIW I though Shinnie was very good, after a poor first 25 minutes or so.

DaveF
19-11-2016, 08:53 PM
Funny you should say that as the guy behind me asked if it was Ray Charles that had selected Shinnie as man of the match.

FWIW I though Shinnie was very good, after a poor first 25 minutes or so.

I find him a frustrating watch as I feel is capable of so much more than he has brought so far.

Gives away the ball far too easily at times, but does some great direct running and some sublime through balls.

If he could be a bit more consistent he'd be a star for us.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-11-2016, 08:54 PM
Brilliant thread when we are talking about so many genuine candidates for MotM. Shinnie has been a different player recently and shaded it for me today. Shooting boots on a bit tighter and it would have been Boyle all ends up but the downer being that he only got one is surely not all that bad.

Libby Hibby
19-11-2016, 08:55 PM
First time ever that a MOM has been awarded to someone who tried to beat a player but only succeeded in actually falling over his own feet 😂

LaMotta
19-11-2016, 08:57 PM
I thought he was abysmal in the first half and sublime in the second.

It was the same at Dunfermline.

Either Lennon puts something in his half time tea or he has an identical twin who is much worse/better than him and they switch from time to time.

Diclonius
19-11-2016, 09:00 PM
Shinnie's problem is that he's not Liam Henderson. He's a more than capable replacement but when you're coming after a legend you're always going to fight an uphill battle.

I didn't think he was up for it after his first few games but he's grown into the creative midfielder we need.

Smartie
19-11-2016, 09:07 PM
I'm not sure he was MOTM and I remain to be 100% convinced by him. It was a solid team performance imo and every man can be satisfied with his contribution with nobody a standout.

Today was vintage Shinnie. He can go from looking like he's the best player on the park, possibly the best player in the league one minute to looking like he's a pub league footballer with his boots on the wrong feet the next.

I maintain though that he is worth persevering with because he has an excellent end product at times, and that is something we've lacked. It more than allows you to overlook the odd bit of clumsiness or sloppiness in possession.

Highland_Hibee
19-11-2016, 09:13 PM
Shinnie's problem is that he's not Liam Henderson. He's a more than capable replacement but when you're coming after a legend you're always going to fight an uphill battle.

Same battle Rocky is fighting in goal. He will never fill Conrads shirt.

Dom'sFirstTouch
19-11-2016, 09:21 PM
All our best attacking play comes through Shinnie. When he's not at his best (e.g. against Falkirk last week) we really struggle to create clear cut chances. A hugely important player for us this season.

HoboHarry
19-11-2016, 09:23 PM

Three Shinnie's and two of me couldnae fill Conrad's shirt.....:greengrin

Sir David Gray
19-11-2016, 09:31 PM

Metaphorically and literally speaking. :greengrin

simple
19-11-2016, 09:33 PM
He runs directly at opponents with the ball, forcing them to commit. Great to watch

Exactly runs forwards rather than side wards.
I thought shinnie was awful in his first few games, but now a very good addition to the team.

Famous Fiver
19-11-2016, 09:36 PM
Conrad enjoyed a fine 4-0 home win today too!!!

Wonder what the odds on a Hibs Rochdale 4-0 home win double would have been? Any of our bookmaking fraternity got any idea?

Pretty Boy
19-11-2016, 09:40 PM
Well deserved MOTM. There were a few contenders today but I struggle to see how anyone could mock Shinnie getting it. Actually I don't struggle at all because I learned a long time ago a lot of football fans don't have a scooby about the game.

Onceinawhile
19-11-2016, 09:46 PM

Furthest West section of the North lower?

That was a fun argument.

3pm
19-11-2016, 09:47 PM
Well deserved MOTM. There were a few contenders today but I struggle to see how anyone could mock Shinnie getting it. Actually I don't struggle at all because I learned a long time ago a lot of football fans don't have a scooby about the game.

You better put me in that category. One or two others around me surprised as well.

Dashing Bob S
19-11-2016, 09:53 PM
Some people in the stands make me want to procure a bunch of vouchers for Scorpio Leisure and just hand them out and say: "FFS do us all a favour and get laid for the first time ever, and hopefully you will not bring your neurosis into the stadium with you and inflict it on everyone within earshot."

allmodcons
19-11-2016, 09:53 PM

:agree: 100%. Thought he was really good. Excellent at finding little pockets of space and confident enough to attempt/play killer passes.

I don't get to many games nowadays, but the only thing I could criticise today was our final ball. Created loads of good positions but, at times, lacked composure with final ball.

I guess a could also have a go at Boyle for the chances he passed up in the first half but thought he played well and deserved his goal.

Pretty Boy
19-11-2016, 10:04 PM
:agree: 100%. Thought he was really good. Excellent at finding little pockets of space and confident enough to attempt/play killer passes.

I don't get to many games nowadays, but the only thing I could criticise today was our final ball. Created loads of good positions but, at times, lacked composure with final ball.

I guess a could also have a go at Boyle for the chances he passed up in the first half but thought he played well and deserved his goal.

Agreed. His ability to find space and receive the ball in it is second to none.

It doesn't always comes off but his movement and ability will be very much appreciated by the other players.

Smartie
19-11-2016, 10:09 PM

I actually thought our final ball was largely excellent today.

Shinnie played a few beauties through, as did most of our midfielders at various times.

I wasn't there last week and I heard a lot about Stevenson's poor final ball. I thought he was excellent today and counted about 4 very decent final balls that he delivered from the left.

I was chuffed that Boyle got his goal because he'd played well and his pace has played a big part in creating his chances. At least he ended up getting a reward for his efforts but I suppose if we're being very critical I'd say his missed chances were the main negative today.

Hard to find negatives though as I thought we were excellent.

andy1875
19-11-2016, 10:12 PM
The guys in front of me found it hilarious that Shinnie got motm which I found hard to understand as I thought he was very good. Looks like he is really splitting opinions though based on this thread.

If we could have given the award to the whole team the day I would have, such was the performance from all the players with nobody performing significantly better than another.

neil7908
19-11-2016, 10:14 PM
We definitely need someone playing that role, an attacking midfielder who links midfield and the forwards. He does it well but there is still room for improvement in his game and too often he picks the wrong pass. Having said that I thought he played well today and playing where he was rather than out wide we are a much better team.

Definitely not MOM though.

Highland_Hibee
19-11-2016, 10:18 PM
I'm gonna say it. I honestly believe he is the type of player we have to sign permanently if we want to make an impact upon promotion.

Crammond Hibee
19-11-2016, 10:20 PM
We definitely need someone playing that role, an attacking midfielder who links midfield and the forwards. He does it well but there is still room for improvement in his game and too often he picks the wrong pass. Having said that I thought he played well today and playing where he was rather than out wide we are a much better team.

Definitely not MOM though.
I agree with all of that
Great link man
Surprised he got MOTM but wouldn't argue too much with it

Hiber-nation
19-11-2016, 10:47 PM
Furthest West section of the North lower?

That was a fun argument.

Nah it was in the East but I'm not surprised to hear that.

wookie70
19-11-2016, 10:57 PM
Thought Shinnie was excellent today and may be the quality player needed to get us over the line. There were a couple of times he was caught in possession but as I watched it the reason was more there were no runners than he was dwelling on the ball. Deserved the MOTM today although for me SJM ran him close.

poolman
19-11-2016, 11:03 PM

Not when they get on a players back just for the sake of it

Sad

JohnM1875
19-11-2016, 11:23 PM
He had a fantastic second half. Really good weight of pass and is sublime at through balls. But possibly the funniest thing I've ever seen at ER is when he tried skill then just fel over. Thank god we were a few up at the time or he would've been crucified by the fans.

Zazu62
19-11-2016, 11:33 PM
Some people in the stands make me want to procure a bunch of vouchers for Scorpio Leisure and just hand them out and say: "FFS do us all a favour and get laid for the first time ever, and hopefully you will not bring your neurosis into the stadium with you and inflict it on everyone within earshot."

I honestly think that u are Irvine Welsh, u are eh?

Drumlanrig
19-11-2016, 11:50 PM

There were some sweet sucking senile citizens in section 12 West upper row NN who were on his case from the kick off today! What game are they watching? I though some of his play was our most penetrating moves.

Ricky Bobby
20-11-2016, 08:39 AM
Deserved man of the match yesterday. His movement was terrific, never stood still all afternoon.
Starting to really look like a top player.

Brightside
20-11-2016, 09:36 AM

spot on. i thought he was poor...if he moved the ball quicker he would be a decent player

lucky
20-11-2016, 09:44 AM
Shinnie and McGinn and McGeouch will always have stray passes, thats because they will sometimes be trying to thread the ball through a needle.

These players are our creative men, the ones trying to pick the lock from packed defenses, we could always replace them with Bartley who does not try these passes.

This is not me having a pop at Bartley, but it's horses for courses, and Bartley is more of a defensive midfielder who prefers to break play up.

If we are to open teams up, we really need to be prepared for quite a few passes to be intercepted.

I'm confused your post makes perfect sense! When did you start posting like this?

FifeHibs
20-11-2016, 09:47 AM
Shinnie glides past players but at times has too much time on the ball. Some of the passes he plays and at times don't come off are different class. Too many years of Rowan Vine, Tawio, Rankin passing sidewards.

His football brain is at times outstanding, execution lets him down at times.

If rather watch shinnie trying some skill than someone finding a sidewards safe pass all day.

onfire
20-11-2016, 09:47 AM

Sad

Yip I agree.

onfire
20-11-2016, 10:04 AM
There were some sweet sucking senile citizens in section 12 West upper row NN who were on his case from the kick off today! What game are they watching? I though some of his play was our most penetrating moves.

Sounds like you just want everyone to agree with you- you thought some of his play - so not all of his play. Shinnie was good not Motm. If you have a problem with people near you take it up with them # coward

Billychaotic182
20-11-2016, 10:25 AM
spot on. i thought he was poor...if he moved the ball quicker he would be a decent player

Move the ball qucker? Did you not see some of his inch perfect passes. He was brilliant yesterday.

hibby6270
20-11-2016, 11:23 AM
You could tell by the buzz in the crowd that it was an immediate talking point when it was announced. So, some agreed, some disagreed.

As a few have said here, his first half was pretty ropey but second half was much better and probably a better reflection of the type of player he really is.

If Boyle had taken his chances yesterday, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

legends of 73
20-11-2016, 11:29 AM
Thought today was his best game since his debut. I've been critical so only fair to say he had a good game today.

You've changed your tune since you sneaked away early:greengrin:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
20-11-2016, 12:10 PM
I'm confused your post makes perfect sense! When did you start posting like this?

I was told to get a grip yesterday, i think it's worked. :wink:

Iggy Pope
20-11-2016, 02:33 PM

You don't think he's already a 'decent' player?
You with all your agent contacts too.
Think you need to get on Bob's list for that ****.

HibsNutter
20-11-2016, 03:07 PM
We shouldn't be moaning when his passes don't come off, he tries to be positive. This will obviously have a negative effect on pass success rate. Look at the top playmakers in the world Ozil, De Bruyne etc, they will lose the ball countless times in a match whilst trying to create chances, but when it clicks chances/goals are created.

Same applies with Shinnie, he has created loads of chances for strikers. Look at the highlights yesterday, he finds space with ease and at times his weight of pass is excellent. I'd be shocked if doesn't top the assist table for the league come May.

Dashing Bob S
20-11-2016, 03:17 PM
I honestly think that u are Irvine Welsh, u are eh?

I would never be seen dead wearing a green fleece, as I once saw Welsh sport at Easter Road.

Thecat23
20-11-2016, 03:18 PM

Sad

Who was doing that? Can't see any post on here that was slating him.

Wigson13
20-11-2016, 04:00 PM
I thought Shinnie was excellent today but the MOTM could have gone to either of him, Fyvie, Boyle or Fontaine. Thought Fonts was superb today.

Agree about Fonts seemed to be everywhere in the second half!

southsider
20-11-2016, 04:41 PM
IMO Shinnie is a bit too lightweight & gets pushed of the ball to easy. Would be the man to move over when our transfer sighing of Henderson or Commons arrives (if only).

persevere1962
20-11-2016, 08:39 PM
Shinnie was a joy to watch yesterday. I was glad he go MOTM. I was baffled that some folk in the stand were moaning about him. Yes he made a few errors, but what he contributed was incisive and impactful and changed the outcome of the game. Most opportunities came through him he was a lynchpin. I agree with a few posts and agree I'm utterly fed up of sideways and backwards passing, there is a time and place for it, and often players bottle it and are afraid to push forward and thread defence splitting passes into the channels. When you have someone with the pace of Boyle, then Shinnie is the perfect midfielder. Flanked by the grit of Fyvie and McGinn is a good balance. I was disappointed in Fontaines perpetual (hopeful) hoofing the ball up the park, massively frustrating when McGinn and Shinnie often peels off into space to accept a wee threaded ball through into space. Mon the Cabbage!:flag:

Allant1981
20-11-2016, 08:44 PM

He is much better than a decent player

ACLeith
20-11-2016, 08:47 PM
I think he's a very clever player. He creates space out of nothing - how many times does he receive throw ins, kills the ball and moves it on? There was one perfect example in the first half when nothing appeared "on" until he moved back into space between their banks of players and made something happen.

He also makes loads of perfectly weighted passes. OK they don't always work but I hope he's a player we can sign permanently.

Albanian Hibs
20-11-2016, 09:05 PM
Who was doing that? Can't see any post on here that was slating him.

The idiots in front of and behind me in the east

Drumlanrig
20-11-2016, 10:41 PM
Sounds like you just want everyone to agree with you- you thought some of his play - so not all of his play. Shinnie was good not Motm. If you have a problem with people near you take it up with them # coward

Just reviewed my post mate and can't quite work out what makes you think that I want everyone to agree with me? Perhaps you can enlighten me?
To be honest I dont give a hoot who agrees with me or not, but I've sat in that patch for 15 years now and have a lot of new "experts" who have arrived on the back of the cup win, OK they can shout what they like but ffs the guy is a class above a lot of what I have suffered over the years and he needs some support. So give him some support rather than the sh+t he got yesterday!

Like to expand on the coward bit or are you going to rustle your sweetie papers too?

Else ,dry up and blow away!

Scouse Hibee
20-11-2016, 10:58 PM

What's with the coward comment? No need.

Rougier45
20-11-2016, 11:02 PM
Shinnie was a joy to watch yesterday. I was glad he go MOTM. I was baffled that some folk in the stand were moaning about him. Yes he made a few errors, but what he contributed was incisive and impactful and changed the outcome of the game. Most opportunities came through him he was a lynchpin. I agree with a few posts and agree I'm utterly fed up of sideways and backwards passing, there is a time and place for it, and often players bottle it and are afraid to push forward and thread defence splitting passes into the channels. When you have someone with the pace of Boyle, then Shinnie is the perfect midfielder. Flanked by the grit of Fyvie and McGinn is a good balance. I was disappointed in Fontaines perpetual (hopeful) hoofing the ball up the park, massively frustrating when McGinn and Shinnie often peels off into space to accept a wee threaded ball through into space. Mon the Cabbage!:flag:

agree with all of that -if Shinnie plays like yesterday every week we will skoosh this league .

The other contenders for me yesterday where boyle and Fyvie --Boyle however missed 2 sitters and Fyvie whilst excellent didn't create as many chances as Shinnie .

I thought it was Paul Hanlon who fell over the ball ?

Shrekko
20-11-2016, 11:05 PM
Like to expand on the coward bit or are you going to rustle your sweetie papers too?

Being branded a 'coward' for not confronting every moron who abuses Hibs players for no reason is a cracker. Why in earth would anyone want to spend their afternoon engaging with those clowns? The best thing you can do is ignore them if possible. They're generally attention seekers.

Onfire seems to want to justify people's right to have an opinion even when it includes folk shouting abuse at a player who clearly doesn't deserve it over and above the fact he wears a Hibs shirt.

There's no need for any of the current crop of players to be getting abused but some people can't enjoy their Saturday afternoons without ripping into Hibs players even when they're winning 4-0. Morons.

onfire
20-11-2016, 11:43 PM
Just reviewed my post mate and can't quite work out what makes you think that I want everyone to agree with me? Perhaps you can enlighten me?
To be honest I dont give a hoot who agrees with me or not, but I've sat in that patch for 15 years now and have a lot of new "experts" who have arrived on the back of the cup win, OK they can shout what they like but ffs the guy is a class above a lot of what I have suffered over the years and he needs some support. So give him some support rather than the sh+t he got yesterday!

Else ,dry up and blow away!

You named and shamed the people who sit next to you for not having the same opinion as you - if it's that big a deal to you have a word with them. Not blurt it out here. I've said before he played well but I didn't think he was motm. Are folk ok to drink coffee near you

onfire
20-11-2016, 11:53 PM
Being branded a 'coward' for not confronting every moron who abuses Hibs players for no reason is a cracker. Why in earth would anyone want to spend their afternoon engaging with those clowns? The best thing you can do is ignore them if possible. They're generally attention seekers.

Onfire seems to want to justify people's right to have an opinion even when it includes folk shouting abuse at a player who clearly doesn't deserve it over and above the fact he wears a Hibs shirt.

There's no need for any of the current crop of players to be getting abused but some people can't enjoy their Saturday afternoons without ripping into Hibs players even when they're winning 4-0. Morons.

I'm not saying any player should get abuse - there wasn't one player yesterday who didn't play well. I didn't hear Shinnie get abuse from anyone - just don't think it's on someone naming where someone sits - insulting them all because they don't agree. What has been shown is that the motm could have gone to several people per opinions so far and you should be allowed to have an opinion who the motm was.

onfire
21-11-2016, 12:24 AM
[QUOTE=Drumlanrig;4862981]Just reviewed my post mate and can't quite work out what makes you think that I want everyone to agree with me? Perhaps you can enlighten me?

Else ,dry up and blow away![/QUOTE

Ps I've been thinking about the #coward and I was wrong to say that - apologies.

patlowe
21-11-2016, 07:03 AM
Shinnie's weight of pass is sublime and even in his "abysmal" :greengrin first half this led to a number of very decent opportunities to score. Would love to see him signed up permanently as we have been crying out for a midfielder with genuine creative quality for years.

Drumlanrig
21-11-2016, 09:23 AM
I'm not saying any player should get abuse - there wasn't one player yesterday who didn't play well. I didn't hear Shinnie get abuse from anyone - just don't think it's on someone naming where someone sits - insulting them all because they don't agree. What has been shown is that the motm could have gone to several people per opinions so far and you should be allowed to have an opinion who the motm was.

Look mate these guys spent 90 mins shouting abuse at a player who was trying his best for our team, I had a word with them about it and got pelters from them in front of my young son. I have not seen this group anywhere near section 12 in 15 years. They have there opinion, they can rustle sweeties , drink coffee wear a bowler hat an a lady's girdle if they like, but if i think they are out of order abusng a Hibs player then I will have a word and I will feel free to mention it on here!

Unless of have to get your approal first that is!

The Leith Dutch
21-11-2016, 09:37 AM

In the context of a football forum and down the pub I'd say yes.
In the context of sitting in the home support shouting abuse at our own players I'd say they should stfu.

Debate over the merits of a player is great but if you're at the match and the player has a Hibs strip on then there's a clue in the words "Hibs Supporter".

And no we shouldn't "Accept mediocrity" or any of the other cack that gets thrown back at anyone suggesting screaming insults at our own player is a dumb idea.

Billychaotic182
21-11-2016, 02:26 PM
In the context of a football forum and down the pub I'd say yes.
In the context of sitting in the home support shouting abuse at our own players I'd say they should stfu.

Debate over the merits of a player is great but if you're at the match and the player has a Hibs strip on then there's a clue in the words "Hibs Supporter".

And no we shouldn't "Accept mediocrity" or any of the other cack that gets thrown back at anyone suggesting screaming insults at our own player is a dumb idea.

If these so called fans think that playing Shinnie is accepting mediocrity then I'd love to see who they would play in his place haha. Messi? Pogba?

You've hit the nail on the head though. We are meant to support them not get on their back after one bad pass.

Only hibs fans could be having a debate about a player not being good enough after a man of the match performance in a 4-0 game. Some folk are never happy unless they are moaning.

onfire
21-11-2016, 07:31 PM
Look mate these guys spent 90 mins shouting abuse at a player who was trying his best for our team, I had a word with them about it and got pelters from them in front of my young son. I have not seen this group anywhere near section 12 in 15 years. They have there opinion, they can rustle sweeties , drink coffee wear a bowler hat an a lady's girdle if they like, but if i think they are out of order abusng a Hibs player then I will have a word and I will feel free to mention it on here!

Unless of have to get your approal first that is!

I think I've got the wrong end of the stick, you are right, you should not have to put up with what happened and well done for having a word with them. And you don't need anyone's approval to stick up for a player - more so when he wasn't even playing badly. #not a coward:aok:

Hope you don't have to put up with them again.

BSEJVT
21-11-2016, 07:40 PM
Shinnie is a bit of a conundrum.

At his best he is very good, full of skill, good control, runs well with the ball and certainly can pick a pass.

He is however a very mediocre finisher.

At his worst he looks languid and clumsy and with the touch of an elephant.

I guess however that that is why he plays for Hibs and not Barcelona

I can see why he is an easy target for some and I have not been above criticising him for passages of his play.

Is he worth his place in the team, on form undoubtedly

Drumlanrig
21-11-2016, 09:41 PM
I think I've got the wrong end of the stick, you are right, you should not have to put up with what happened and well done for having a word with them. And you don't need anyone's approval to stick up for a player - more so when he wasn't even playing badly. #not a coward:aok:

Hope you don't have to put up with them again.

Well done on stepping back, sometimes difficult to do in the heat of a thread like this. Think you did get the wrong end of the story but appreciate you recognising this.

Hopefully we can all cheer On Shinnie in his next MOTM display!

Ta

onfire
21-11-2016, 10:20 PM
Well done on stepping back, sometimes difficult to do in the heat of a thread like this. Think you did get the wrong end of the story but appreciate you recognising this.

Hopefully we can all cheer On Shinnie in his next MOTM display!

Ta

And we can sing - Sun shinnie on leith:cb:flag: