PDA

View Full Version : Boyle could have had us 5-0 up at half time!

California-Hibs
19-11-2016, 03:49 PM
Gotta be more clinical!!! 3 huge, HUGE opportunities. You could actually say all 3 were sitters. The last one of the lot from the cut back was for sure!

Happy to be 2-0 up but it could be a massive half time score line if we took those chances!

kentao
19-11-2016, 03:52 PM
I've got graham and 2-0 so I'm delighted :)

Smartie
19-11-2016, 03:52 PM
Boyle's all-round play has been superb but he's been shocking in front of goal.

A wee swap for a finisher who offers a bit less elsewhere for the second half?

Diclonius
19-11-2016, 03:53 PM
If only there was this player we could bring on who scores goals. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
19-11-2016, 03:55 PM
How did he miss that last one, it was unmissable????????????????????????

500miles
19-11-2016, 03:55 PM
To be fair, it was his pace that made the chances, and the first two were great saves.

SlatefordHibby
19-11-2016, 03:57 PM
To be fair, it was his pace that made the chances, and the first two were great saves.

:agree:

Let's not let common sense get in the way of another thread that's having a pop and will no doubt turn into a Cummings fest.

Since90+2
19-11-2016, 03:58 PM
If only there was this player we could bring on who scores goals. :wink:

Good point (ignoring the fact we have scored 2 in 45 minutes. Cummings never misses chances.

Mr White
19-11-2016, 03:58 PM
Cummings has missed easy chances too but hasn't let it get him down or affect his game. Hopefully Boyle can do the same and stick one away in the second half. He's been good lately and his pace helps us to create opportunities that we probably wouldn't without him.

Onceinawhile
19-11-2016, 04:00 PM
Could have.

Not could of.

But, yes, yes he should have.

HoboHarry
19-11-2016, 04:05 PM
Gotta be more clinical!!! 3 huge, HUGE opportunities. You could actually say all 3 were sitters. The last one of the lot from the cut back was for sure!

Happy to be 2-0 up but it could be a massive half time score line if we took those chances!
No they weren't and their keeper made two really good saves.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-11-2016, 04:09 PM
But a player with that pace and touch who can put away most if not all the chances he gets would be playing at a much higher level than the Championship.

California-Hibs
19-11-2016, 04:10 PM
No they weren't and their keeper made two really good saves.

I highlighted the 3rd being the biggest miss of the lot but in my opinion the first 2 should of been off

California-Hibs
19-11-2016, 04:13 PM
C'mon Martin, surely a goal has to be coming today after all these chances! Delighted Gray just stuck in the 3rd. Clinical!

blackpoolhibs
19-11-2016, 04:15 PM
Martin Boyle is having a very good game, but his finishing has let him down.

Diclonius
19-11-2016, 04:16 PM
Make that 7-0 after 60 minutes!

nonshinyfinish
19-11-2016, 04:21 PM

You could, but you'd be wrong.

No doubt he should have a goal or two by now, but only the open-goal miss can accurately be described as a sitter.

California-Hibs
19-11-2016, 04:23 PM
There we go Boyle! What a bit of play, great goal!

nonshinyfinish
19-11-2016, 04:23 PM
Get in son!

Diclonius
19-11-2016, 04:24 PM
Lol he scored the most difficult chance.

blackpoolhibs
19-11-2016, 04:25 PM
Thats why Lennon plays Boyle. :top marksNo moaning, no panic he just gets on with his job. :flag:

Since90+2
19-11-2016, 04:28 PM
Well in Martin. How many goals is that now since he started playing upfront?

Diclonius
19-11-2016, 04:52 PM
Well in Martin. How many goals is that now since he started playing upfront?

tamig
19-11-2016, 06:20 PM
Could have.

Not could of.

Indeed. Gets on my wick and happens on here far too frequently. Definitely not Hibs class.

19-11-2016, 06:44 PM
How Boyle didn't get at least a hattrick is beyond me. Thankfully his missed chances didn't cost us in the end but he really should be puttting them away.

Anyway, not complaining. Good performance today, clean sheet and a 4-0 win to increase the gap at the top of the table. Happy days!

monktonharp
19-11-2016, 07:07 PM
Could have.

Not could of.

as said :agree: typical americanising:wink: would accept ....could hae.

northstandhibby
19-11-2016, 07:14 PM
Delighted with a clean sheet and a thoroughly decent performance. Additionally a draw between Morton and Dufc was a bonus for us. Just a pity there is a wee break until the next game at Tannadice.

Can't wait for it.

Mon the Cabbage

147lothian
19-11-2016, 07:22 PM
I remember thinking how did Martin manage to make that sitter sale past the post then thinking at least he got into the right position, im not sure Cummings would have, some really bad finishing today but apart from that his all round game was good IMO

Highland_Hibee
19-11-2016, 07:47 PM
Reckon the QotS lad has Boyle beat for worst miss of the day. It wasn't even a miss really he just made a total arse of being gifted an opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
19-11-2016, 07:57 PM
I think Boyle's best when he has less time to think about things.

The chance he scored with was quite difficult and he just hit it, whereas the ones he missed he was running with the ball towards goal for a number of seconds beforehand and there was time for a few things to go through his mind.

There's no doubt he's keeping his place in the team after another goal today though.

hibby6270
20-11-2016, 12:10 PM
Could have.

Not could of.

:top marks
Bugbear of mine as well. No excuses subbing 'have' with 'of'. Unacceptable. :wink:

matty_f
20-11-2016, 12:14 PM
Could have.

Not could of.

:agree: changed the thread title.

Spike Mandela
20-11-2016, 12:28 PM
The whole team needs to get more clinical.

Excellent performance yesterday, it was 4 going on 10 really but against Utd we might only get one or two clear cut chances. Whoever these chances fall to, be it Boyle or not, has to have a better goals to shot ratio than our players have at the moment if we want to realise our ambitions of winning this league with room to spare.

brog
20-11-2016, 12:43 PM
I remember thinking how did Martin manage to make that sitter sale past the post then thinking at least he got into the right position, im not sure Cummings would have, some really bad finishing today but apart from that his all round game was good IMO

Really?? Off the top of my head I can think of at least half a dozen JC goals from a similar position including a far more difficult & much more famous one vs Yams in the cup. I'm a big MB fan but we don't need to knock JC in order to praise Martin. Incidentally I agree with those who said this was MB's only real sitter though he should have passed to Graham for the 1st one.

Brightside
20-11-2016, 02:33 PM
Thats why Lennon plays Boyle. :top marksNo moaning, no panic he just gets on with his job. :flag:

He must be a dream of player for a manager. Yes he missed easier chances yesterday but his work rate is exceptional. Cummings may be a natural goalscorer but unless he picks up the good habits Boyle has he will never play above this level.

147lothian
20-11-2016, 09:19 PM
Really?? Off the top of my head I can think of at least half a dozen JC goals from a similar position including a far more difficult & much more famous one vs Yams in the cup. I'm a big MB fan but we don't need to knock JC in order to praise Martin. Incidentally I agree with those who said this was MB's only real sitter though he should have passed to Graham for the 1st one.

Im not questioning Cummings scoring ability m8, I just wish he had half of Boyle's pace, I would love to see Cummings fighting for his place in the team by closing players down and being a more all round player, this may come time will tell. What I was saying was Boyle burst a gut to get on the end of the sitter he missed and im not sure Cummings would have done the bursting a gut part

brog
20-11-2016, 10:41 PM
Im not questioning Cummings scoring ability m8, I just wish he had half of Boyle's pace, I would love to see Cummings fighting for his place in the team by closing players down and being a more all round player, this may come time will tell. What I was saying was Boyle burst a gut to get on the end of the sitter he missed and im not sure Cummings would have done the bursting a gut part

I wish most of our team had more of Boyle's pace! Finding space in a crowded box isn't really about pace though. Many of the greatest goal scorers of all time, most notably Gerd Muller & Jimmy Greaves, had no real pace but had the knack to be in the right place at the right time. At present JC, IMO, has that ability more than any other current Hibs player. Again, go back to his winning goal vs Yams in the cup, his movement between 2 defenders & his anticipation of the cross is exceptional. I think we're in general agreement though! :wink:

southern hibby
21-11-2016, 01:16 AM
No bothered had HIBS to win 4-0 and won a tidy sum.

Would Like to thank Marathon bet for odds of 14/1

GGTTH

Phil MaGlass
21-11-2016, 06:03 PM
Im a greedy ******* would have preferred more goals.