PDA

View Full Version : Liepzig

h1bee123
18-11-2016, 10:56 PM
Don't really follow the bundesliga but now that RB Liepzig now top by 3 points seems quite interesting. Can they keep this up?

Does anyone know how much game time Burke gets there? Should he be starting for Scotland?

sparky
18-11-2016, 10:59 PM
Making regular sub appearances.

Pretty Boy
18-11-2016, 11:17 PM
Don't really follow the bundesliga but now that RB Liepzig now top by 3 points seems quite interesting. Can they keep this up?

Does anyone know how much game time Burke gets there? Should he be starting for Scotland?

Came on after about 65 minutes tonight.

As for Liepzig? Meh, no fairytale just another team having money thrown at them.

h1bee123
18-11-2016, 11:31 PM
Came on after about 65 minutes tonight.

As for Liepzig? Meh, no fairytale just another team having money thrown at them.

Read they had a 50m Euro transfer budget on promotion to the bundesliga. That isnt that much compared to top teams in Germany or any team in EPL. Red Bull are very wise when investing in sport - see F1, Vettel, Ricciardo, Verstappen. Also with extreme and lesser known sports, bmx, surfing etc.

Lancs Harp
18-11-2016, 11:40 PM
The most unpopular team in German football ever.

www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/08/why-rb-leipzig-has-become-the-most-hated-club-in-german-football

Are Lokomotive still going?

h1bee123
18-11-2016, 11:47 PM

www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/08/why-rb-leipzig-has-become-the-most-hated-club-in-german-football (http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/08/why-rb-leipzig-has-become-the-most-hated-club-in-german-football)

i like this quote from the comment section

"Couldn't agree more with the hated. I much prefer a club like Bayern who use their entrenched champions league and commerical sourced wealth to buy up the most talented players of anyone who dares oppose them. All Germany clubs should doff their caps to Bayern and anyone dreaming of the sort of investment required to play catch up with them should be rounded up and shot."

I guess Gretna was Scotland's Leipzig.

NAE NOOKIE
19-11-2016, 12:06 AM
It must have been tough for the clubs from the former east Germany to compete with the comparatively rich west German clubs after unification and as far as I know none of the clubs from the former DDR have managed to make much of a dent in the Bundesliga .... perhaps its only fair that a club has been able to challenge the dominance of the west German clubs in the way RB Liepzig have, even if they are an artificially produced club who play fast and loose with the 50 + 1 rule. They certainly seem to play dynamic football if what you see on the highlights show is anything to go by.

I have to say I'm a big fan of the Bundesliga highlights show ... even if my team of choice Werder Bremen are currently stinking up the league :greengrin

h1bee123
19-11-2016, 12:11 AM
my team of choice Werder Bremen

Is that because they play in green?

NAE NOOKIE
19-11-2016, 01:05 AM
Is that because they play in green?

Actually no, I just liked the name, it doesn't hurt that they do play in green though, but I have to say this seasons home strip is boggin' :greengrin

I'm not very good at being a neutral so I tend to pick teams to support in whatever league I can watch on the telly, though I would never pretend to be a real supporter of any of them ... so far its:

England ........ Everton ..... I've actually been to Goodison a few times, though always when Hibs are away.

Italy ............. Fiorentina ..... liked the name

Spain ........... Rayo Vallecano .... a tiny club surrounded by giants

France ......... St Ettienne .... coz they play in green

Argentina ..... Newells Old Boys ... the first Argentinian team I saw on the telly, thought their fans were great

Netherlands ... Not that bothered, I think Dutch fitba is boring, but if I had to pick it would be Groningen coz they appear to have a link with us.

USA ..... Portland Timbers ... as close as you will get to a US team supported like a European team, oh and they play in green.

Forza Fred
19-11-2016, 01:42 AM
Actually no, I just liked the name, it doesn't hurt that they do play in green though, but I have to say this seasons home strip is boggin' :greengrin

I'm not very good at being a neutral so I tend to pick teams to support in whatever league I can watch on the telly, though I would never pretend to be a real supporter of any of them ... so far its:

England ........ Everton ..... I've actually been to Goodison a few times, though always when Hibs are away.

Italy ............. Fiorentina ..... liked the name

Spain ........... Rayo Vallecano .... a tiny club surrounded by giants

France ......... St Ettienne .... coz they play in green

Argentina ..... Newells Old Boys ... the first Argentinian team I saw on the telly, thought their fans were great

Netherlands ... Not that bothered, I think Dutch fitba is boring, but if I had to pick it would be Groningen coz they appear to have a link with us.

USA ..... Portland Timbers ... as close as you will get to a US team supported like a European team, oh and they play in green.

And can I suggest, as you have not nominated one in Oz that you hitch your wagon to the Western Sydney Wanderers.

A team supported by the solid working class citizens of western Sydney, who were only formed a few tears ago,but have already won the Asian Championship, and are currently going through a Hibs period.....ie play ok, but don't put the ball enough.

Forza Fred
19-11-2016, 01:44 AM
And can I suggest, as you have not nominated one in Oz that you hitch your wagon to the Western Sydney Wanderers.

A team supported by the solid working class citizens of western Sydney, who were only formed a few tears ago,but have already won the Asian Championship, and are currently going through a Hibs period.....ie play ok, but don't put the ball enough.

In the net enough, that is.

Scott Allan Key
19-11-2016, 03:45 AM

www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/08/why-rb-leipzig-has-become-the-most-hated-club-in-german-football

Hated does seem a bit hypocritical if it is their commercial interests involved in 50:1 rule. Bayer Leverkusen are Europes Monsanto Town, so good on the East German side, although in principal the rule does seem fairer than here.

lord bunberry
19-11-2016, 06:18 AM
Read they had a 50m Euro transfer budget on promotion to the bundesliga. That isnt that much compared to top teams in Germany or any team in EPL. Red Bull are very wise when investing in sport - see F1, Vettel, Ricciardo, Verstappen. Also with extreme and lesser known sports, bmx, surfing etc.
The best thing red bull invest in is that thing we're people build a cart and ride it down a hill, or the one we're people jump off the pier and try to fly.

NoTottiNoParty
19-11-2016, 08:04 AM
Emile Forsberg who scored again for them last night played against us for Malmo

Highland_Hibee
19-11-2016, 11:23 AM
"Red Bull Hibernian" not doing anything for anybody then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bristolhibby
19-11-2016, 11:32 AM
Rumour down here last week was Red Bull taking over Swindon. Turns out the press conference was just unveiling Tim Sherwood.

Top trolling by Swindon though, they left loads of cans of Red Bull on the desk at the press conference.

J

Scott Allan Key
19-11-2016, 01:27 PM
Rumour down here last week was Red Bull taking over Swindon. Turns out the press conference was just unveiling Tim Sherwood.

Top trolling by Swindon though, they left loads of cans of Red Bull on the desk at the press conference.

J

If anyone it'd be Aberdeen up here with their Aberdeen Angus's and red strips already.

Bishop Hibee
19-11-2016, 01:35 PM
"Red Bull Hibernian" not doing anything for anybody then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There have been threads about this sort of scenario. Change the strip to red and stick RB in front of the name? I'd be supporting the reformed FC Hibernian at Meadowbank.

Keith_M
19-11-2016, 04:55 PM
Apparently they have cheerleaders and the fans favourite chant is...

"Leipzig, Leipzig, ra-ra-ra!"

Anyway, what's the big deal? Wolfsburg are a club owned and paid for by Volkswagen and Bayern have been subsidised by Adidas, dodgy money and the Champions League gold for decades now

Diclonius
19-11-2016, 04:58 PM
There have been threads about this sort of scenario. Change the strip to red and stick RB in front of the name? I'd be supporting the reformed FC Hibernian at Meadowbank.

If we became a Red Bull Edinburgh that'd be me from day one - out the door. No idea who I'd support.