PDA

View Full Version : Kris Commons

Salt N Sauzee
18-11-2016, 12:28 PM
http://www.scotzine.com/2016/11/commons-link-as-mcginn-set-for-two-months-on-sidelines/

Would love this to materialise.

Nicho87
18-11-2016, 12:39 PM
Makes sense. If not fit, ill settle for Hendo.

Highland_Hibee
18-11-2016, 12:40 PM
I'm neither here nor there with it. Good name to see us associated with but is he just going to come in for a few months on a bigger pay packet than some of our players combined and say thanks very much while doing very little? Might score us a few more goals than our current midfield I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macca70
18-11-2016, 12:44 PM
Short term fix to get us up, happy with that.

He needs to hit the ground running though, we are in the middle of a dog fight with United for top spot and can't afford for any passengers to give them time to bed in.

Salt N Sauzee
18-11-2016, 12:44 PM
I'm neither here nor there with it. Good name to see us associated with but is he just going to come in for a few months on a bigger pay packet than some of our players combined and say thanks very much while doing very little? Might score us a few more goals than our current midfield I suppose.

Which is exactly what we need. Think he'd stroll this league.

Brightside
18-11-2016, 12:45 PM
http://www.scotzine.com/2016/11/commons-link-as-mcginn-set-for-two-months-on-sidelines/

Would love this to materialise.

We were very close to getting him in the last window...and he's now fitter than he was then. No brainer. I'd take him in a second.

hibee_girl
18-11-2016, 12:45 PM
Which is exactly what we need. Think he'd stroll this league.

We said that about Stokes and Holt :greengrin

Lee Marvin
18-11-2016, 12:50 PM
Not like for like cover for mcginn but would be a very welcome addition nonetheless.

Direct competition for shinnie in the formation we are currently playing

Highland_Hibee
18-11-2016, 12:51 PM
We said that about Stokes and Holt :greengrin

Beat me to it. I think the problem is he will have the same attitude as Stokes and think he should "stroll it". Wasn't until towards the end of his loan he adapted which erupted into a crescendo for our cup final.

Not that I'm against anybody coming in and winning us the Scottish Cup again.

ancient hibee
18-11-2016, 12:57 PM
How many months is it since he played.At his age it will take him as long as he's been inactive to get up to speed.Waste of money for me.

Big L
18-11-2016, 03:28 PM
Not for me!! I think he's past it and this league won't suit his style of play. I'm quite happy with Shinnie in that role and he is starting to hit a bit of form. Bring someone else in to replace McGinn if we have to but let it be like for like, or maybe try Scott Martin!

Ozyhibby
18-11-2016, 03:36 PM
Not for me!! I think he's past it and this league won't suit his style of play. I'm quite happy with Shinnie in that role and he is starting to hit a bit of form. Bring someone else in to replace McGinn if we have to but let it be like for like, or maybe try Scott Martin!

I haven't seen anything from Shinnie yet? He's been poor so far.

Michael
18-11-2016, 03:37 PM
Would rather we got someone in who's been playing every week this season (obviously not a "big name"). I can't see a rusty 33 year old being much good regardless of the level he was once at.

Andy74
18-11-2016, 03:53 PM

I could see Shinnie going back to the McGinn role and Commons at the tip of the diamond. It would be a good option for when McGinn will be out.

CapitalGreen
18-11-2016, 03:55 PM

What makes you think he's past it? 33 games and 9 goals from midfield from the Scottish champions last season suggests he could probably do a job in this division.

hibbyhabit
18-11-2016, 03:56 PM
It's really hard to judge how good he'd be as he's been out for such a long time, the Commons we saw play a year or so ago would be a great addition, who knows what Commons we'd be getting now?

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-11-2016, 03:57 PM
Probably consistently the highest scoring midfielder in Scotland in the past 10 years. Our entire midfield struggle to score. Absolute no brainer imo

CapitalGreen
18-11-2016, 04:00 PM
Probably consistently the highest scoring midfielder in Scotland in the past 10 years. Our entire midfield struggle to score. Absolute no brainer imo

Takes a decent corner too, something our team was evidently lacked against Falkirk.

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-11-2016, 04:01 PM
Takes a decent corner too, something our team was evidently lacked against Falkirk.

Correct, and free kick. Also crap last week

Waxy
18-11-2016, 04:20 PM
Think we've seen enough of the championship to realise no one can come in and stroll it. It's not that far off the bottom six spfl standard, perhaps equal to it.

wookie70
18-11-2016, 04:25 PM
Feel the same about Commons as I did about Lennon. No idea until he gets here. I think I would rather we tried someone younger. The issue we have is if we bring someone in who is in the least bit fragile they will spend the whole time here in the stand given the tackling and refereeing in this league.

NikGunnarsson
18-11-2016, 05:38 PM
Looks like it will happen, the guy is a bit of an arse but everything he has said before has happened

User Actions
Following

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000043859748/8dce2d7e1203bc685bd64107a0822ccd_bigger.jpegInside The SPFL‏@AgentScotland (https://twitter.com/AgentScotland)

Hibs want Kris Commons on loan in Jan for the rest of Season, Celtic would prefer a club that could pay higher % of his wage but would deal.

Franck Stanton
18-11-2016, 05:39 PM
Age is just a number, the man has skill, [remember George Best - alcoholic, unfit, overweight, however....what a player]. Commons would be a great addition to our side. I hope and pray this happens with every fiber of my being.

thebausburst
18-11-2016, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE=Salt N Sauzee;4861124]http://www.scotzine.com/2016/11/commons-link-as-mcginn-set-for-two-months-on-sidelines/

Would be great signing, end of, look at the guys record I mean c'mon.

SouthMoroccoStu
18-11-2016, 07:43 PM
Him and GMS on loan

Henderson on a permanent

There we go, January transfer window sorted

147lothian
18-11-2016, 08:56 PM
I would love to see Kris Commons at Easter Road, IMO he would bring just what we need at this moment in time to get out of this division, which is goals from midfield, in fact I can't think of a better realistic signing to break teams down that put ten players behind the ball

Big L
18-11-2016, 11:10 PM
What makes you think he's past it? 33 games and 9 goals from midfield from the Scottish champions last season suggests he could probably do a job in this division.

33 yr old overweight and injury prone. When was the last time he played?

SteveHFC
18-11-2016, 11:30 PM
Him and GMS on loan

Henderson on a permanent

:hyper

CapitalGreen
19-11-2016, 01:15 AM
33 yr old overweight and injury prone. When was the last time he played?

How do you know what weight he is?

He has recovered and back training after a bad injury - that does not make him injury prone. A player who is supposedly injury prone would not have made 205 appearances over the last 5 seasons. That's an average of 41 games a season if you can't do the maths.

Hermit Crab
19-11-2016, 04:11 AM
Him and GMS on loan

Henderson on a permanent

It's strikers we're needing right now as our boy wonder couldn't hit the ground if he fell on it! That is a mouthwatering trio though.

SouthMoroccoStu
19-11-2016, 04:52 AM
Him and GMS on loan

Henderson on a permanent

Apologies.

I should state this is based on ZERO "in the know" information

Just my humble opinion

GGTTH

Jim44
19-11-2016, 05:15 AM
Apologies.

I should state this is based on ZERO "in the know" information

Just my humble opinion

GGTTH

I don't think anyone for a second thought there was any basis to your wishful thinking. :greengrin. My humble opinion is that Chris Commons is an unknown quantity and is he worth the gamble? Henderson seems to have become established in their squad and, although he needs game time, he doesn't want to go on loan. GSM might be a possibility but, no matter what happens with Celtic players, Lennon has to bring in some players to avoid the unthinkable possibility of not getting automatic promotion.

Big L
19-11-2016, 01:30 PM
How do you know what weight he is?

He has recovered and back training after a bad injury - that does not make him injury prone. A player who is supposedly injury prone would not have made 205 appearances over the last 5 seasons. That's an average of 41 games a season if you can't do the maths.

He's apparently on £18K a week, he obviously wants the money so he's coming on loan. If he's coming on loan just how much of that wage do you think we wI'll be paying and when you arrive at a figure, ask yourself if he's worth it! I'm quite sure we could do better than him and as to his weight, if his erse gets much bigger , he'll be carrying it around in a barrow.

Dashing Bob S
19-11-2016, 02:10 PM
I suspect Commons is all but finished and happy to sit on his Celtic contract. I doubt he has the engine and desire to do much of a job for them, us or anybody now. When you've had a lay off like that at his footballing age, it exerts a significant toll. But it's Lenny's call...

Big L
19-11-2016, 06:43 PM
I haven't seen anything from Shinnie yet? He's been poor so far.

Shinnie has been getting better as he gets match fit, been really good the past couple of games and really good today!

Ozyhibby
19-11-2016, 07:50 PM
Shinnie has been getting better as he gets match fit, been really good the past couple of games and really good today!

I agree he was good today. Much better performance from him.

jdships
19-11-2016, 08:32 PM
I suspect Commons is all but finished and happy to sit on his Celtic contract. I doubt he has the engine and desire to do much of a job for them, us or anybody now. When you've had a lay off like that at his footballing age, it exerts a significant toll. But it's Lenny's call...

Agree totally :agree:
Can't see what he can " bring to the table " which will improve the squad
Would imagine that Lennon is is well on with planning to bring in " younger quality" players for next season
Probably the injuriy situation could have a short term affect on January " movements but it's a " No" to Commons for me !

Famous Fiver
19-11-2016, 08:34 PM
Remember the last time a 'fatty' played for us.

See how that turned out...............

Enough said
19-11-2016, 09:34 PM
Would imagine that Lennon is is well on with planning to bring in " younger quality" players for next season
Probably the injuriy situation could have a short term affect on January " movements but it's a " No" to Commons for me !

You can't see what he can bring to us??? Surely your at the madam?? A scoring midfielder with champions league experience, league titles cups and more . But he won't improve our team . Astonishing post if I must say !!!

keep the faith
19-11-2016, 09:39 PM

Yep. Not the right signing for us. Will satisfy those who want "a name" brought in, but bringing someone of that age with so little match time will never hit the ground running.

Moulin Yarns
19-11-2016, 09:53 PM
It's strikers we're needing right now as our boy wonder couldn't hit the ground if he fell on it! That is a mouthwatering trio though.

Thank goodness you don't pick the team. 4-0
18 shots
12 on target
4 goals

But you think we need strikers

Big L
19-11-2016, 11:04 PM

See how that turned out...............
What are you talking about?

MWHIBBIES
19-11-2016, 11:50 PM

See how that turned out...............O'Connor and he was pish 2nd time round.

stoneyburn hibs
20-11-2016, 12:12 AM
O'Connor and he was pish 2nd time round.

Think he's talking about the one and only Conrad Logan.

hibbysam
20-11-2016, 06:21 AM
O'Connor and he was pish 2nd time round.

Pish?? The guy was unstoppable for parts of that season, scored in about 10 games on the trot, was being touted for a Scotland call up, probably single handedly kept us in the league.

Famous Fiver
20-11-2016, 07:29 AM
Indeed, I was talking about the one and only Conrad. Legend.

I'll never forget the reaction when he ran out at Hampden in that semi final. Pub team goalie didn't even come close, then the ref blew the whistle to start the match............