PDA

View Full Version : McGinn Injury

Peevemor
18-11-2016, 06:36 AM
Lennon says he's going to be out for a couple of months at some point.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-star-john-mcginn-facing-eight-weeks-out-of-action-1-4292666

Tyler Durden
18-11-2016, 07:15 AM

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-star-john-mcginn-facing-eight-weeks-out-of-action-1-4292666

Win the next 2 games then get him operated on with McGeouch coming in. If we stop this 3-5-2 we shouldn't be so reliant on him anyway

QMU-1875
18-11-2016, 07:54 AM
Reliant on him how? He's been anonymous. Should be bossing this league and isn't.

scoopyboy
18-11-2016, 07:59 AM
Reliant on him how? He's been anonymous. Should be bossing this league and isn't.

Not in my opinion.

calumhibee1
18-11-2016, 08:00 AM
If McGeough is genuinely 100% fit again then get him operated on soon. Not been great recently so do it while he's out of form a bit and we have McGeough available.

calumhibee1
18-11-2016, 08:01 AM
Not in my opinion.

Or mine, however I would say he's not been at his best. Definitely not anonymous though.

scoopyboy
18-11-2016, 08:01 AM

After Dundee Utd game is a possibility from what I've been told.

CentreLine
18-11-2016, 08:06 AM
Not in my opinion.

Nor mine. Imho SJM has been immense in the middle of the park, breaking up play of the opposition and bringing our players in to the game. Now that he is not shy about having a pop at goal he also makes space for others as defenders try to close him down. It is ridiculous to suggest he is anonymous and that anyone could form that opinion beggars belief. SJM is right up there with some of the best players we have had at ER in my 50+ years as a supporter.

Enough said
18-11-2016, 08:24 AM

Far to many fans like yourself that don't have a clue about football... stick to picking flowers my friend

J-C
18-11-2016, 08:49 AM
Maybe a chance to play Martin again.

JimBHibees
18-11-2016, 09:11 AM
Maybe a chance to play Martin again.

More likely Dylan or Marv.

Iain G
18-11-2016, 09:24 AM
Win the next 2 games then get him operated on with McGeouch coming in. If we stop this 3-5-2 we shouldn't be so reliant on him anyway

Hendo signed in January to allow McGinn to get operated on? :wink:

Betty Boop
18-11-2016, 09:32 AM
Hendo signed in January to allow McGinn to get operated on? :wink:

Henderson is getting games for Celtic now.

AlbertK86
18-11-2016, 09:40 AM

Are you drunk ?

Iain G
18-11-2016, 09:41 AM
Henderson is getting games for Celtic now.

Good,nice they are getting him match fit for joining us in January :greengrin

Dublin07
18-11-2016, 09:50 AM
Since we went to 3-5-2 he has been much better. He is playing through pain due to ankle and knee injuries. Refused an operation until we had decent cover. Should be applauded rather than slated for a couple of average performances. He was the best player on the park last week.

GreenNWhiteArmy
18-11-2016, 10:30 AM
Win the next 2 games and get the op pencilled in for the week after. Back for late January

Also allows his body to recover as he's played a helluva lot of football over the last 2 years with barely any time off. He'll come back in for the run in and be refreshed and raring to go

Billy Whizz
18-11-2016, 10:34 AM
Win the next 2 games and get the op pencilled in for the week after. Back for late January

Also allows his body to recover as he's played a helluva lot of football over the last 2 years with barely any time off. He'll come back in for the run in and be refreshed and raring to go
Makes sense

neil7908
18-11-2016, 01:22 PM
Since we went to 3-5-2 he has been much better. He is playing through pain due to ankle and knee injuries. Refused an operation until we had decent cover. Should be applauded rather than slated for a couple of average performances. He was the best player on the park last week.

This 1000%.

He's been such an important player for us the last couple of years I think we forget sometimes how lucky we are to have him

He's playing in the Scottish Championship and selected for Scotland squads! His form has dipped slightly this season and the tail end of last but he's a young guy carrying what sounds like a fairly heavy injury.

He'll go far in the game and needs to be backed from the stands and on the pitch (without Dylan I feel too much is asked of him)

Bishop Hibee
18-11-2016, 02:20 PM

Good post although McGregor was good too. I'm enjoying him while he's here as I doubt he'll be at ER next season whether we go up or not. Someone will be in with a big bid.

southsider
18-11-2016, 02:43 PM
Get him in for the op Monday am. We have a Scottish Cup to defend.

Highland_Hibee
18-11-2016, 07:16 PM
Good post although McGregor was good too. I'm enjoying him while he's here as I doubt he'll be at ER next season whether we go up or not. Someone will be in with a big bid.

I wouldn't be so sure, I reckon promotion would see another season out of him. He's a level headed laddie and we already turned down a big offer for JC. I do however think as a business no promotion would see us HAVING to sell whether he wanted to leave or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-11-2016, 08:32 PM

I would think he would almost certainly be with us next season if we get promoted.

Tamhere1875
18-11-2016, 08:41 PM
The manager stated at the AGM that John would need attention to his ankle injury and that the club would be keeping an eye on him. Word is that if Dylan can stay fit it will be sooner rather than later.

Ronniekirk
18-11-2016, 09:35 PM
The manager stated at the AGM that John would need attention to his ankle injury and that the club would be keeping an eye on him. Word is that if Dylan can stay fit it will be sooner rather than later.

This is a blow ,8 weeks out and ,at least three or four games playing to get match fit Dylan hasnt managed 8 games in a row so whenever S J M gpes in it s a risk ,given united have closed the gap on us
Think the Transfer window is now pivotol for us
Those that think united have settled for second spot are mistaken If they are right there with us in January i think they will strenthen with a view to trying to push on to try and win the title
We may have to do more business than was planned to keep them at bay

superfurryhibby
18-11-2016, 11:45 PM
Or mine, however I would say he's not been at his best. Definitely not anonymous though.

This. McGinn has not been prominent enough for much of this season. No shortage of effort though. Hope the surgery clears up the injury issue. As for one of the best of the past 50 years, Get a grip, decent potential but nowhere near the standard suggested, not even close.

CentreLine
19-11-2016, 12:03 AM
This. McGinn has not been prominent enough for much of this season. No shortage of effort though. Hope the surgery clears up the injury issue. As for one of the best of the past 50 years, Get a grip, decent potential but nowhere near the standard suggested, not even close.

Oh really?
Let's have it then? In more or less his position I'll suggest Pat Quinn, Jimmy O'Rourke, John O'Neill all as good or better. Then who? We've had a lot of players playing in that role but not too many more spring to mind that were better than SJM at a similar stage of their Hibs career IMHO. But then it's all about opinions.

Cameron1875
19-11-2016, 01:34 AM
Lucky if the guy had 3 weeks off after playing 60 odd matches, being away with Scotland in the summer etc. This might turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

Pete
19-11-2016, 05:35 AM
Oh really?
Let's have it then? In more or less his position I'll suggest Pat Quinn, Jimmy O'Rourke, John O'Neill all as good or better. Then who? We've had a lot of players playing in that role but not too many more spring to mind that were better than SJM at a similar stage of their Hibs career IMHO. But then it's all about opinions.

It's hard to compare McGinn to these players because the roles and demands of similar positions have changed slightly over time.

One thing we do have right now is a special talent who will go far in the game. I remember feeling gutted after losing Scott Allan and wondering how a couple of spotty kids from St. Mirren and Celtic could ever make up for it.

The biggest compliment that I can pay him is the observation that he doesn't look out of place in a Scotland shirt. I hope Liam is looking on at John's progress and thinking about his development...

PiemanP
19-11-2016, 08:17 AM
With Marv and Martin (who I rate highly) on the bench and our two perennial injuries players mcgeouch and handling looking like they may be coming back, I don't have any worries about cover - best to get the op now and look after his long term health.

superfurryhibby
19-11-2016, 10:37 AM
Oh really?

TBf, you initially said one of the best players. You've added the qualifer of this stage of their career and role.

Comparing directly is hard because the game has changed so much and formations and roles have shifted with it. If we were just comparing midfielders of the past 50 years, then all of Turnbulls midfielders, the likes of Cormack, Rice, Mc Ginlay, Collins, MacNamara, Sauzee, Latapy, O'Neill, Brown, Thomson, Beuzellin.

Like Mc Ginn a lot and sincerely hope the way the injury is being managed is not detrimental to him. He is a lynchpin in this team and with McGeouch being so unreliable due to his own injury issues, I would say he is a big factor in whether we achieve promotion this season. Then we can see how good McGinn is when playing against the standard of player that the aforementioned competed with every week.

southsider
19-11-2016, 10:44 AM
SJM is not a fancy dan player like Cormack or Latapy but glides rather than runs over the pitch. Very much (and I can give him no higher praise) like the young PS.

Scouse Hibee
19-11-2016, 10:47 AM

He's not been at his best for a while and has flitted in and out but hardly anonymous,do you actually watch Hibs?

Highland_Hibee
19-11-2016, 11:05 AM
Even when he's not at his best he's unmistakable with his wriggly unconventional ways getting stuck in. We will most certainly feel his absence. Wish you back well John.

Shrekko
19-11-2016, 11:13 AM
Great player and huge presence in the middle of the park. He misplaces a couple of passes in a game now though and folk are trying to say he's had a poor game because of it!

I don't know if people's expectations are way too high but it's unfair on him to be receiving criticism- especially when he's playing through injury in a very combative style. We'll notice when he's not playing, put it that way.

Brooster
19-11-2016, 11:27 AM
Great player and huge presence in the middle of the park. He misplaces a couple of passes in a game now though and folk are trying to say he's had a poor game because of it!

I don't know if people's expectations are way too high but it's unfair on him to be receiving criticism- especially when he's playing through injury in a very combative style. We'll notice when he's not playing, put it that way.

Spot on. McGinn drives in at every opportunity and looks for the defence splitting pass, of course it will not always come off but when it does we are in. He could take the Marvin Bartley approach and refuse to step up with ball then pass backwards but where would that get us?

Highland_Hibee
19-11-2016, 11:47 AM
Spot on. McGinn drives in at every opportunity and looks for the defence splitting pass, of course it will not always come off but when it does we are in. He could take the Marvin Bartley approach and refuse to step up with ball then pass backwards but where would that get us?

Hey did you never learn not to compliment a girl by calling her prettier than another!

where'stheslope
19-11-2016, 02:35 PM
Biggest worry for me with Mcginn is with this type of injury, if he keeps on playing then other injuries start to appear as he is trying to save further damage to it!
Over the years plenty of players have tried to play through injuries and end up finishing their career early as a result!
Let the guy get his treatment and come back near the end of the season when he should be refreshed and ready to take us up!!!!

JimBHibees
19-11-2016, 07:28 PM
Though He was brilliant today. Really sharp and powerful.

matty_f
19-11-2016, 07:34 PM
I love John Mcginn. He was a joy to watch this afternoon at times.

HFCdeb
19-11-2016, 07:39 PM
You missed a trick by not naming this thread "McGinnjury".

bigwheel
19-11-2016, 07:40 PM
You missed a trick by not naming this thread "McGinnjury".

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Jim44
19-11-2016, 07:47 PM
On Sportsound today the muppets were wondering how McGinn had scored. According to them, he was out injured for two months and wasn't playing, until Tam McManus, I think, put them straight. Another annoying thing was, when discussing Strachan's situation, they focussed on his failures, bad decisions and his decision to continue in the job, and the only player mentioned was McGinn, as if his selection had been a major Strachan mistake.

Hamish
19-11-2016, 07:56 PM
Biggest worry for me with Mcginn is with this type of injury, if he keeps on playing then other injuries start to appear as he is trying to save further damage to it!
Over the years plenty of players have tried to play through injuries and end up finishing their career early as a result!
Let the guy get his treatment and come back near the end of the season when he should be refreshed and ready to take us up!!!!

Lennon says his right knee is starting to show some wear and tear as he is favouring that side trying to protect his left ankle.

The Green Goblin
19-11-2016, 08:00 PM
Scottish cup winning legend John McGinn is one of my favourite Hibs players ever. Class, humility and talent personified. I hope he is with us for a good long while yet.

Famous Fiver
19-11-2016, 08:05 PM
If that is him playing when injured what will he be like when fit?

MOM by a country mile today. Shinnie was good but only thrived because of the stranglehold Fyvie and McGinn had on the game. We didn't half drop a few notches when these two went off.

where'stheslope
20-11-2016, 07:15 PM
Lennon says his right knee is starting to show some wear and tear as he is favouring that side trying to protect his left ankle.

I rest my case!!!
Next he will be carrying 2 injuries (ankle and Knee) then it will be his back as he tries to cover up for these injuries?????

Heisenberg
23-11-2016, 11:25 PM
Surgery tomorrow. Out for up to 12 weeks.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/213843/hibs-star-john-mcginn-faces-12-weeks-out-after-ankle-surgery/

Steve20
24-11-2016, 03:40 AM
Huge loss. Chance for McGeouch but while he's good, he's not near McGinn's class. Can he stay fit for 12 weeks as well? Fyvie will probably miss Tannadice too, so we're up against it unless someone like Scott Martin can step up.

Since90+2
24-11-2016, 06:22 AM
Huge loss. Chance for McGeouch but while he's good, he's not near McGinn's class. Can he stay fit for 12 weeks as well? Fyvie will probably miss Tannadice too, so we're up against it unless someone like Scott Martin can step up.

McGeouch is not near McGinn's class?

Can't agree with that at all. If anything I would say a 100 percent McGeouch is better.

Libby Hibby
24-11-2016, 06:30 AM
This should not be about comparing our players, it's a squad game and injuries are a part of football.

Whilst McGinn, Fyvie and Shinnie have been starting recently, I will have no fears for a Bartley, McGeoch and Shinnie midfield with Allan in reserve.

It does, however leave us a bit light in midfield cover.

Smartie
24-11-2016, 06:32 AM
McGeouch is not near McGinn's class?

Can't agree with that at all. If anything I would say a 100 percent McGeouch is better.

I don't know what a 100% McGeouch is like any more, we've not seen it for a while.

He is still pretty handy at 70% fit, or whatever it is that he is.

I'm happy to see McGinn having the surgery and also a rest. He's a cracking player but it is risky playing with injury.

I think we'll be better for this long-term.

JimBHibees
24-11-2016, 07:40 AM

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/213843/hibs-star-john-mcginn-faces-12-weeks-out-after-ankle-surgery/

Ouch hopefully goes well and back earlier. Opportunity for others certainly not the time for Fyvie to be injured also. Bartley, Dylan and young Martin are all decent options

Hibs1969
24-11-2016, 07:59 AM
McGinn's performances for the first 6 months of last season were outstanding. He hasn't hit those heights so far this season but will hopefully do so after his op. I met McGeouch at the U-20s game recently and he said he was fully fit but just couldn't get back into the starting 11. I just hope Fyvie isn't too badly injured we can't afford to lose both.

Brightside
24-11-2016, 10:07 AM
Great chance for Scott Martin i think... he has the industry and resilience that very few players in the squad have.

Baldy Foghorn
24-11-2016, 10:11 AM
What a nightmare, with McGinn, Fyvie and Keatings all out. Hopefully Bartley can come in and do well, Martin possibly but important Dylan remains fit

GreenCastle
24-11-2016, 10:27 AM
Not ideal - he's played a lot of football with not much rest.

He will be a loss as definitely adds quality to our team and while he doesn't score loads he is a player who makes things happen.

It will give others a chance to stake a claim and Dylan is a quality player.

If all 3 are injured we are going to make sure others step up. We have some very important games coming up and hopefully McGinn comes back fresh in 2017.

Broken Gnome
24-11-2016, 10:39 AM
Worry a bit about McGeough, Fyvie and Bartlet as a midfield three. Not bad if looking to avoid defeat, but prone to all playing on top of each other.

If Fyvie was out and we had to play Martin for instance, wouldn't necessarily hinder us in some ways.

We'll still be top whatever happens mind, barring a total thumping, but a good steady draw would do fine if we're short on the right players.

HibsNutter
24-11-2016, 10:43 AM
Chance for an emergency loan?

Wilson
24-11-2016, 10:44 AM

I get paid on Friday, I'll see what I can do.

Baldy Foghorn
24-11-2016, 10:47 AM
Worry a bit about McGeough, Fyvie and Bartlet as a midfield three. Not bad if looking to avoid defeat, but prone to all playing on top of each other.

If Fyvie was out and we had to play Martin for instance, wouldn't necessarily hinder us in some ways.

We'll still be top whatever happens mind, barring a total thumping, but a good steady draw would do fine if we're short on the right players.

Fyvie is injured now too

Baldy Foghorn
24-11-2016, 10:48 AM

Possibly, maybe that's why JP is seemingly in training with us?

Billy Whizz
24-11-2016, 10:51 AM

Is he?

Baldy Foghorn
24-11-2016, 10:52 AM
Is he?

Blackpool saw it on Facebook, rumours (I know nothing)

Billy Whizz
24-11-2016, 10:53 AM
Blackpool saw it on Facebook, rumours (I know nothing)

Must be true then😂

Baldy Foghorn
24-11-2016, 10:55 AM
Must be true then😂

:greengrin

Greenworld
24-11-2016, 11:58 AM
JP is ?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
24-11-2016, 12:45 PM
JP is ?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Jermaine Pennant (allegedly)

Tom Hart RIP
24-11-2016, 01:45 PM
Danny Handling is back training. Possibly not in starting xI but on bench.

scoopyboy
24-11-2016, 01:46 PM
Danny Handling is back training. Possibly not in starting xI but on bench.

For Danny that is great, for Hibs I'm not so sure.

JimBHibees
24-11-2016, 01:51 PM
For Danny that is great, for Hibs I'm not so sure.

More than likely in good timing to get a loan or a move in January, maybe not.

MWHIBBIES
24-11-2016, 01:57 PM
Huge loss. Chance for McGeouch but while he's good, he's not near McGinn's class. Can he stay fit for 12 weeks as well? Fyvie will probably miss Tannadice too, so we're up against it unless someone like Scott Martin can step up.McGinn without Fyvie isn't near McGeouchs class.

scoopyboy
24-11-2016, 02:01 PM
More than likely in good timing to get a loan or a move in January, maybe not.

Read back over my post and it looks a bit harsh on Danny, it wasn't meant to be.

I think he is decent but not sure that he will make a huge difference to our fortunes in the absence of SJM and FF, would love to be wrong.

Tom Hart RIP
24-11-2016, 02:12 PM
I know I'm in minority but still feel Sam Stanton could do a job for us. Not sure how he is doing at Dumbarton but I wouldn't be upset to see him back. Of the three ALex Harris, Danny Handling or Sammy, I thought he had the most potential.

southsider
24-11-2016, 02:24 PM
Look on the bright side at least no-one will bid for him come January. If Celtic sign this Darlington fella that's Henderson further down the pecking order. Our gates are up by around 4,000 from last season. Now is the time to push on and get Hendo back.

staunchhibby
24-11-2016, 02:53 PM
Sam is doing fine at Dumbarton.Would not be averse to see him back and fight for a place.Playing well at Dumbarton.

CallumLaidlaw
24-11-2016, 03:13 PM
Must be true then😂

My guess is, Pennant and his missus have been up in Edinburgh visiting the Christmas markets (which she put on her twitter/instagram) - someone has spotted them, and put 2+2 together and decided he must be training with us.

Billy Whizz
24-11-2016, 03:35 PM
My guess is, Pennant and his missus have been up in Edinburgh visiting the Christmas markets (which she put on her twitter/instagram) - someone has spotted them, and put 2+2 together and decided he must be training with us.

Or he's asked if he can train with us, while he's up here

JDHibs
24-11-2016, 03:40 PM
McGinns just put up on Insta that the OP was a success!

Great news.

Radium
24-11-2016, 03:48 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161124/73495ceea4f27d499c00d5a0f1ea2b7f.png

Bishop Hibee
24-11-2016, 04:14 PM
McGeoch hasn't had a long enough run in the team to decide if he's better than McGinn or not. I hope he can keep fit until the January transfer window or we have real problems.

As an aside, McGinn, Boyle and Stanton were at Celtc v Barca last night.

SingaporeHibs
24-11-2016, 05:00 PM
However we deal with SJM's injury period I hope that the rumours of JP remain only that. He was in Singapore playing in the S league this year, from Jan to Oct, being paid way over the odds for the league at about £2.5k a week. His arrival created some interest with 2k fans turning up to his early games but that soon dwindled to nothing again. He was a waste of space in Singapore's S league which I find hard to place in rank along side any of our Scottish leagues. He was offered a new contract at reduced terms but knocked it back. I can only Guess at his salary expectations but I've seen his quality and it's absolutely no use for us.

JohnMcM
24-11-2016, 05:44 PM

12 weeks? Phew!

Hopefully that's to get him back to full match fitness with a game or two with the development squad under his belt.

HibbyKeith
24-11-2016, 06:06 PM
12 weeks? Phew!

Hopefully that's to get him back to full match fitness with a game or two with the development squad under his belt.

Lennon on HTV saying he's hoping he'll have him back by the middle of January.

JohnMcM
24-11-2016, 06:10 PM
Lennon on HTV saying he's hoping he'll have him back by the middle of January.

That feels much more positive. :top marks

Thecat23
24-11-2016, 06:12 PM
I get paid on Friday, I'll see what I can do.

😂😂

emerald green
24-11-2016, 06:27 PM
However you look at it, this is not good news coming as it does on top of losing James Keatings to long term injury. Just hope that Fraser Fyvie is going to be fit to play at DU, and Dylan McGeouch can stay fully fit...

Injuries to key players can wreck a club's season. Hopefully it won't come to that, but this is just one of the reasons why it was daft to talk about "skooshing" the league (any league) practically before it had started. It's called tempting fate.

Hope John McGinn is fit to play again real soon.

Zazu62
24-11-2016, 06:29 PM
How long is Fyvie out for ?

Famous Fiver
24-11-2016, 06:48 PM
Hope I am wrong but we are going to miss him big time.

All his critics on here might be able to say 'I told you so' if we are 10 points clear by the middle of January but I somehow am not that confident.

Get well soon John,make sure you are 100% when you come back, and hopefully help us regain any lost ground.

Fyvie and McGinn are fundamental to our team.

brog
24-11-2016, 11:02 PM
You know what, this is where we're tested as a club & as to how our squad copes. Lets be honest, we have guys on the bench most wèeks who would be automatic picks for every other team in our league. Boyle has proved that. Lets take the worst case scenario & we're missing SJM, FF & Keats against Dun U. That means with our usual back 5 we can still play Dylan, Shinnnie & Marv in midfield & JC is stil on the bench! We have a great squad, time for them to step up.

superfurryhibby
24-11-2016, 11:09 PM
Hope I am wrong but we are going to miss him big time.

All his critics on here might be able to say 'I told you so' if we are 10 points clear by the middle of January but I somehow am not that confident.

Get well soon John,make sure you are 100% when you come back, and hopefully help us regain any lost ground.

Fyvie and McGinn are fundamental to our team.

No critics on SJm on here pal, although some folk do think he's still a work in progress. 10 ahead after the next 7 games, possible but not very likely. We'd have to win most/all and Utd would need to lose /draw at least 3.

Agree with the last sentiment, but we should have enough to cope so no lost ground scenario to worry about.

emerald green
25-11-2016, 10:17 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/fraser-fyvie-joins-john-mcginn-on-hibs-injury-list-1-4300510

This is being reported today regarding the McGinn & Fyvie injury situation.

Hibs90
25-11-2016, 10:24 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/fraser-fyvie-joins-john-mcginn-on-hibs-injury-list-1-4300510

This is being reported today regarding the McGinn & Fyvie injury situation.

Fyvie allegedly said himself that he's out for 6 weeks

superfurryhibby
25-11-2016, 11:43 AM
Fyvie allegedly said himself that he's out for 6 weeks

Lennon saying the physio team are working hard to get Fyvie fit for, eh, the game.

JimBHibees
25-11-2016, 01:15 PM
Lennon saying the physio team are working hard to get Fyvie fit for, eh, the game.

Maybe doesnt want United to know he is out prior to the game.

NAE NOOKIE
25-11-2016, 02:16 PM
There was never a good time to lose SJM so getting his operation sooner rather than later is probably a good move ... if what we have seen of him in the last couple of months is him playing in pain we are going to get some player back when he is fit. He has played so much football over the last two seasons the enforced rest probably wont do him any harm either.

The Fyvie situation is a bit of a worry .. it looked to me like he was in agony when he went down in the QOTS game and with Lennon saying there is swelling around the injury I'm not convinced this injury isn't going to be more long term than NL is making out. To be honest after Kitty McKinnon left the club I thought our problem with groin injuries would have cleared up :greengrin

I haven't seen much of Scott Martin, but he certainly looked decent against Birmingham City and he gets good reports from the people who have seen more of him perhaps this is the door opening for him, he wouldn't be the first player to have his career kick started through injuries to other players.

brog
25-11-2016, 03:00 PM
There was never a good time to lose SJM so getting his operation sooner rather than later is probably a good move ... if what we have seen of him in the last couple of months is him playing in pain we are going to get some player back when he is fit. He has played so much football over the last two seasons the enforced rest probably wont do him any harm either.

The Fyvie situation is a bit of a worry .. it looked to me like he was in agony when he went down in the QOTS game and with Lennon saying there is swelling around the injury I'm not convinced this injury isn't going to be more long term than NL is making out. To be honest after Kitty McKinnon left the club I thought our problem with groin injuries would have cleared up :greengrin

I haven't seen much of Scott Martin, but he certainly looked decent against Birmingham City and he gets good reports from the people who have seen more of him perhaps this is the door opening for him, he wouldn't be the first player to have his career kick started through injuries to other players.

Scott Martin started 1st game away against Falkirk & other than the Turriff game he hasn't been seen since. At best he'll be on bench for United game. You can pretty much guarantee that if FF is out our mid 3 will be Bartley, Shinnie & McGeouch.