PDA

View Full Version : Riordan v Hearts

GGTTH07
17-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Could anyone tell me how many goals he's scored against hearts? Sure it's over 5, in a debate who has more Derby goals him or that ***** Skacel.

Diclonius
17-11-2016, 06:24 PM
Riordan has 7. Skacel has 5.

Smartie
17-11-2016, 06:42 PM
Riordan has 7. Skacel has 5.

If we make the appropriate adjustment for "financial doping" I make that a 7-0 win for the boy in green and white.

3pm
17-11-2016, 06:47 PM
Everyone talks about the 30+ yard raker into Gordon in that 1-1 game but we drew 2-2 with ****bags in Mowbray's first season. His goal in that game was, IMO, better than the one everyone remembers.

Onceinawhile
17-11-2016, 07:57 PM
Archive macpherson calls it an exocet I'm sure.

TonyStokeprano
17-11-2016, 08:24 PM
Everyone talks about the 30+ yard raker into Gordon in that 1-1 game but we drew 2-2 with ****bags in Mowbray's first season. His goal in that game was, IMO, better than the one everyone remembers.

Left foot top corner from left edge of box ? One of my favourites deek goals, they got a ****my equaliser at the death.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-11-2016, 08:44 PM
Deeks hates the herts :greengrin

The_Exile
17-11-2016, 08:48 PM
My favourite was against them at Tynie, ball from Murphy was exquisite as per usual and he rifles it across the keeper inside the far post. There's very few goals I've seen since then (think it was 2004-05 season?) that I've thought the technique was as flawless as I saw that day. I was right in line with it and it was beyond sublime. Sure we got beat 2-1 but that was worth the admission money :greengrin

From 4:20 in this youtube vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2lcK-Kjx88

3pm
17-11-2016, 08:54 PM
Left foot top corner from left edge of box ? One of my favourites deek goals, they got a ****my equaliser at the death.

That's the one. :aok:

silverhibee
17-11-2016, 10:25 PM

I don't think he ever scored a poor goal against them, the Casper penalty was big pressure game and we all know how the tramps behaved after that goal, his volley from Murphy was special and even under Yogi when he scored at the asbestos dome the technique was superb, sure Yogi said after the game that it was no fluke as he would practice it at training.

Think it was the week before the Casper game we played Rangers and scored a peach, Fletch passed it to him and there looked to be nothing on and he just stopped the ball and hit it in to the top corner, his dink at Parkhead and other goal where Stokes laid it of to him were top notch as well, I have a liking for a goal he scored against St Mirren through there and it was one of the best goals he has scored, his best ever goal if you were a neutral, apart from the one that was called offside which never was against Dundee , folk would maybe pick a goal against Livi while he played for Celtc.

TonyStokeprano
17-11-2016, 10:31 PM
I don't think he ever scored a poor goal against them, the Casper penalty was big pressure game and we all know how the tramps behaved after that goal, his volley from Murphy was special and even under Yogi when he scored at the asbestos dome the technique was superb, sure Yogi said after the game that it was no fluke as he would practice it at training.

Think it was the week before the Casper game we played Rangers and scored a peach, Fletch passed it to him and there looked to be nothing on and he just stopped the ball and hit it in to the top corner, his dink at Parkhead and other goal where Stokes laid it of to him were top notch as well, I have a liking for a goal he scored against St Mirren through there and it was one of the best goals he has scored, his best ever goal if you were a neutral, apart from the one that was called offside which never was against Dundee , folk would maybe pick a goal against Livi while he played for Celtc.

One of my favourites was his opener for his hatrick against killie, not a typical long range special, a few nice touches and turns in a crowded box then tucked into corner and all made to look so easy.

.Sean.
17-11-2016, 11:23 PM

That goal against Rangers is one of my favourites. No backswing, hardly any pace but chipped I think it was Neil Alexander? From about twenty yards. The ball seemed to hang in the air for an age but there was only one place it was ending up.

Was at Celtic Park the day he dinked Foster and it's hands down the best goal I've seen in the flesh.

Legend :aok:

Haymaker
17-11-2016, 11:48 PM
Reckon he could still do a job for us.

Tyler Durden
18-11-2016, 06:11 AM

What's the goal under Yogi you mention? I can only count five against Hearts... Raker vs Gordon at home, back post volley vs Hearts, scrappy finish at home on New Years Day/2nd Jan, left footed after great run against Neilson and Gordon in 2-2 draw at home. Then the Casper goal. Which ones have I forgot about?

The only sour note for me with Deek was what I recall being his last game against them. Calderwood the boss, we were one down and Zaliukas sent off. Liam Miller scored penalty and we pounded them until Vaz Te finally scored. Only for Elliott maybe to equalise late on - the sort of equaliser we've seen far far too many times after games we dominated. Anyway Deek had 2-3 sitters in the game. 2 in the final few minutes when it was 2-2. One of the few games I came away thinking maybe he was finished

3pm
18-11-2016, 06:24 AM
He scored down the home end l at the PBS, think we got beat 2-1. Think it clipped the bar then went in.

We beat them 2-1 the Derby after the Scottish Cup semi final. Scored at Easter Road at the away end. Cross in, touch and half volley if so recall.

Smartie
18-11-2016, 06:36 AM
The goal he scored at Hamilton to announce his return was pretty special.

I was expecting him to be half fit and go through the motions a bit, which to be fair he was and he did, but he also chucked in an outrageous finish for a vital goal.

Mr White
18-11-2016, 07:43 AM
The goal he scored at Hamilton to announce his return was pretty special.

I was expecting him to be half fit and go through the motions a bit, which to be fair he was and he did, but he also chucked in an outrageous finish for a vital goal.
:agree:

As soon as he cut inside you just knew it was going in the top corner.

Tyler Durden
18-11-2016, 11:41 AM
He scored down the home end l at the PBS, think we got beat 2-1. Think it clipped the bar then went in.

We beat them 2-1 the Derby after the Scottish Cup semi final. Scored at Easter Road at the away end. Cross in, touch and half volley if so recall.

Was the latter not the Benji game? Hibs were 1 down but Dalglish equalised for Hibs and Benji grabbed the winner was my memory.

Diclonius
18-11-2016, 11:46 AM
Was the latter not the Benji game? Hibs were 1 down but Dalglish equalised for Hibs and Benji grabbed the winner was my memory.

Dalglish never scored against Hearts. We went 1-0 up through Riordan, Zibi gave Hearts a goal near the end of the second half, and Benji scored the winner.

Tyler Durden
18-11-2016, 11:51 AM
Dalglish never scored against Hearts. We went 1-0 up through Riordan, Zibi gave Hearts a goal near the end of the second half, and Benji scored the winner.

I must be getting old when I can't remember Deek goals against that lot :rolleyes:

Think maybe I'm confusing the Dalglish goal with one against Livi or Killie at Easter Road towards the end of that season. Although Dalglish did set up that Benji goal against Hearts I think.

3pm
18-11-2016, 11:59 AM
I must be getting old when I can't remember Deek goals against that lot :rolleyes:

Think maybe I'm confusing the Dalglish goal with one against Livi or Killie at Easter Road towards the end of that season. Although Dalglish did set up that Benji goal against Hearts I think.

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=16286

Some team! Jay Shields crunched Hartley which led to Derek's goal if I recall.

dangermouse
18-11-2016, 12:04 PM

I was bang in line with that "goal" in the West Upper, never offside :grr:

overdrive
18-11-2016, 12:23 PM

Best tackle-come-assist I've ever seen.

HibsNutter
18-11-2016, 01:01 PM
He should be playing in the English Premier League and leading the line for Scotland, it really is a shame the way things worked out. An unbelievable talent but sadly lacked the application.

HibbyAndy
18-11-2016, 04:27 PM
My favourite ever player :not worth

keep the faith
18-11-2016, 04:45 PM

Can't recollect omar konde at all!!

Hamish
18-11-2016, 04:49 PM
Can't recollect omar konde at all!!

http://www.transfermarkt.de/oumar-konde/profil/spieler/413

lord bunberry
18-11-2016, 06:47 PM
My favourite ever player :not worth
And mine, absolute legend. He hated hearts and he had a phenomenal record against them even if he didn't score.

Diclonius
18-11-2016, 06:53 PM
And mine, absolute legend. He hated hearts and he had a phenomenal record against them even if he didn't score.

His Hearts record is W6 D9 L9, which isn't great - however most of the losses were in his second spell when he was past his prime.

There is one player from the Riordan era who has a 100% winning record against Hearts (i.e. no draws either) - it's not a name one would expect.

Mr White
18-11-2016, 07:01 PM
His Hearts record is W6 D9 L9, which isn't great - however most of the losses were in his second spell when he was past his prime.

There is one player from the Riordan era who has a 100% winning record against Hearts (i.e. no draws either) - it's not a name one would expect.

Humphrey Rudge?

Pretty Boy
18-11-2016, 07:08 PM

He also scored a great volley in a 2-1 defeat at Tynecastle in the 1st derby of the same season, last couple of minutes.

Think we had a free kick from about 30 yards in injury time that Gordon just held on to.

Pretty Boy
18-11-2016, 07:10 PM
That goal against Rangers is one of my favourites. No backswing, hardly any pace but chipped I think it was Neil Alexander? From about twenty yards. The ball seemed to hang in the air for an age but there was only one place it was ending up.

Was at Celtic Park the day he dinked Foster and it's hands down the best goal I've seen in the flesh.

Legend :aok:

People still talk about Ronaldhinos goals with no backswing for Barcelona at Stamford Bridge. That Riordan goal against Rangers (RIP) was better.

Favourite Riordan goal for me was Mowbrays 1st season away at Pittodrie. Cross field ball, 1st time hit and right in the bottom corner. 1-0 win and it started to dawn we had quite a good team.

Skol
18-11-2016, 08:34 PM
The best Riordan goal was actually disallowed in a 4 - 4 draw a thome to Dundee

Memories are hazy, but think we were 4-2 up and we had strung a few passes together. Brown on the east stand touchline had the ball just over half way and fired a ball to Riordan on the left edge of the box and he dispatched a left foot volley into the top corner. He was somehow flagged offside and what should have been a winning goal turned to a draw. It was however the best finish I have ever seem

Diclonius
18-11-2016, 08:36 PM
Humphrey Rudge?

Joe Keenan.

Mr White
18-11-2016, 08:48 PM
Joe Keenan.

:aok: 2 out of 2 for Keenan. I would never have thought of him tbf.
Denes Rosa is also undefeated but he only played in the one derby.

Broken Gnome
18-11-2016, 08:49 PM
The best Riordan goal was actually disallowed in a 4 - 4 draw a thome to Dundee

Memories are hazy, but think we were 4-2 up and we had strung a few passes together. Brown on the east stand touchline had the ball just over half way and fired a ball to Riordan on the left edge of the box and he dispatched a left foot volley into the top corner. He was somehow flagged offside and what should have been a winning goal turned to a draw. It was however the best finish I have ever seem

By saying this I'm in no way accusing you of being alone in it, but time has done wonderful things to that goal.

It was bottom corner, it wasn't even going that quickly and it even bounced on the way in :greengrin

renato
18-11-2016, 08:55 PM
By saying this I'm in no way accusing you of being alone in it, but time has done wonderful things to that goal.

It was bottom corner, it wasn't even going that quickly and it even bounced on the way in :greengrin

Yep. Still a great finish though - 5 mins 30 secs on this:

https://youtu.be/D7tTGZAw4Jo

Worth watching the whole clip for the memories, however, have a look at 8 mins 30 secs for an even cleaner strike. I still think he struck the ball cleaner and more accurately on his left, despite being a right footer. Technique to die for..

Pete
18-11-2016, 10:19 PM
People still talk about Ronaldhinos goals with no backswing for Barcelona at Stamford Bridge. That Riordan goal against Rangers (RIP) was better.

:hmmm: I'm not sure about that as that goal was one of the best I've ever seen, especially when it's slowed down.

Need to look Deeks goals on YouTube as there are some belters, especially that one at Parkhead. You can't teach that.

silverhibee
18-11-2016, 11:08 PM

Favourite Riordan goal for me was Mowbrays 1st season away at Pittodrie. Cross field ball, 1st time hit and right in the bottom corner. 1-0 win and it started to dawn we had quite a good team.

Was it Caldwell that put the ball in to him.

My_Wife_Camille
18-11-2016, 11:58 PM
:hmmm: I'm not sure about that as that goal was one of the best I've ever seen, especially when it's slowed down.

Need to look Deeks goals on YouTube as there are some belters, especially that one at Parkhead. You can't teach that.

https://youtu.be/3ACdH__eWRc

Never gets old:not worth

Pete
19-11-2016, 12:22 AM
https://youtu.be/3ACdH__eWRc

Never gets old:not worth

Some long forgotten about ones that are outrageous. That one on 58secs! :applause:

Our best ever perhaps.

19-11-2016, 06:26 PM
He should be playing in the English Premier League and leading the line for Scotland, it really is a shame the way things worked out. An unbelievable talent but sadly lacked the application.

Exceptional talent, as you say very sad he never lived up to what he could have. Another talent ruined by celtic.