PDA

View Full Version : Malonga

Oscar T Grouch
17-11-2016, 05:54 AM
Article in the EEN about King Dom. Good read, feel for him and I hope he finds happiness soon, maybe back at Hibs 🤔
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/dominique-malonga-my-regret-over-leaving-hibs-1-4291656

hibsbollah
17-11-2016, 05:59 AM
The coolest dude of all. Loved him. And on a footballing level is exactly what we need now; a creative link between the midfield and striker.

Oscar T Grouch
17-11-2016, 06:02 AM
The coolest dude of all. Loved him. And on a footballing level is exactly what we need now; a creative link between the midfield and striker.

I think the same. Dom could be an ideal January signing. I love the big man and he's goal against the sheep 🐑 was a beautiful thing to behold.

hibsbollah
17-11-2016, 06:03 AM
I think the same. Dom could be an ideal January signing. I love the big man and he's goal against the sheep 🐑 was a beautiful thing to behold.

I was there. One of the best ER nights of all :agree:

KazaHibs
17-11-2016, 06:03 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/dominique-malonga-my-regret-over-leaving-hibs-1-4291656

NorthNorfolkHFC
17-11-2016, 06:04 AM
Scored some rakers. When we played well last year it was usually cause he was playing well.
We missed him after christmas as stokes wasn't fit and different.

Would have loved to see Malonga lift the cup. His antics would have been nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Col2
17-11-2016, 06:06 AM
Would just bring him back for THAT song only!

My son still sings it!

Pretty Boy
17-11-2016, 06:10 AM
Very good player and when he was on song he was close to unplayable.

I'm assuming the family issues that helped him make his decision to leave haven't disappeared though and it's probably easy for him to say he'd love to come back when it's hypothetical.

hibsbollah
17-11-2016, 06:12 AM
I like his understatement 'when I lose my mind it's not good for me' :faf:

I'm sure we all feel similarly big man.

Pedantic_Hibee
17-11-2016, 06:13 AM
God I love him. Bring him back, Neil.

danhibees1875
17-11-2016, 06:52 AM

I do enjoy how one of the first lines in the article is how dom stops short of using the word regret, yet theyve chosen to use it as their headline anyway. I should have been a journalist. :greengrin

I'd love Dom back though. His goal to send us on our way to victory against rovers in the cup last year was sublime, as was his solo effort v the sheep. Plus, he does not care about The rangers.

JDHibs
17-11-2016, 07:04 AM
Malonga was a very good player for his, very under rated by fans who didnt get his style.

It isnt a coincidence that our form went down the tubes when we lost Hanlon and Fyvie to injury and sold Malonga. Thats the spine of our team last season. We only replaced Malonga with an unfit Stokes who was no where near match ready.

Bostonhibby
17-11-2016, 07:42 AM
Take him back in a heartbeat; has to be a place in a Hibernian team for a guy with his talent.

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Golden Bear
17-11-2016, 08:12 AM
I don't think Malonga's mind set and Lennon's mind set would be a good match.

Craig_HFC
17-11-2016, 08:22 AM
The archetypal Hibernian player, in my opinion. Moments of utter brilliance coupled with moments of frustration.

You'd never see a player like Dom play for the paedos across the city; they only employ hammer throwers and sex offenders.

I love King Dom.

Vault Boy
17-11-2016, 08:34 AM
Fantastic interview, great guy and a very good player. Bring him home.

Ozyhibby
17-11-2016, 08:36 AM
Walked out at a crucial point in our season. No thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oneone73
17-11-2016, 08:46 AM
Just read the article. I want to cry.

Smartie
17-11-2016, 08:53 AM
The archetypal Hibernian player, in my opinion. Moments of utter brilliance coupled with moments of frustration.

You'd never see a player like Dom play for the paedos across the city; they only employ hammer throwers and sex offenders.

I love King Dom.

I totally agree.

Bonkers, unpredictable, mercurial, misunderstood, sometimes infuriating.

We should ALWAYS have a Malonga somewhere in our side.

Centre Hawf
17-11-2016, 09:10 AM
Wether it be in my heart or in the Hibs team. I can always make room for Dom. Was gutted when he left, he may be a frustrating player at times but the moments of magic he could produce made it all worth it.

Neil. Please bring King Dom home.

greenpaper55
17-11-2016, 09:11 AM
For this goal against Aberdeen, one of the best i have seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uJ-zopNKVU

Brightside
17-11-2016, 09:14 AM
Why would you re-sign a player who would walk out every time his Girlfriend wanted to go back to Italy. (Flights available daily)

Smartie
17-11-2016, 09:16 AM
Why would you re-sign a player who would walk out every time his Girlfriend wanted to go back to Italy. (Flights available daily)

We did very well out of Malonga.

Sometimes players are worth a bit of hassle.

It's a bit like saying you wouldn't go out with *insert name of attractive lady here* because she'd probably dump you at some point.

eastcoasthibby
17-11-2016, 09:17 AM
I might be totally wrong but I think the door is open if NL fancies having him back here, he might just be one of the missing links ..I didn't realise he had such a high goals to games ratio ..I think there is room for him, ..get Keating s and Boyle wide doesn't matter if Boyle doesn't like it out wide, get the job done we pay his wages and he will get goals from there as well ..3 at the back Boyle and Keating s wide ..Holt, Graham, Cummings and Malobga..Can fight for the 2,central forward roles !!

The Modfather
17-11-2016, 09:27 AM
Not for me, he could be be just as annonomyous and like a man down as he could be a game changer IMO.

We need players who can contribute every week. We should have the budget left to aim higher than Malonga.

snooky
17-11-2016, 09:32 AM
Not for me, he could be be just as annonomyous and like a man down as he could be a game changer IMO.

We need players who can contribute every week. We should have the budget left to aim higher than Malonga.

:agree: Good player, but only when he could be @rsed.

Northernhibee
17-11-2016, 09:41 AM
Capable of the sublime. Would have him back in a heartbeat.

Andy74
17-11-2016, 10:12 AM
:agree: Good player, but only when he could be @rsed.

Which is total nonsense and based on little more than repetition of a view that is lazier than Dom ever was.

Big_Franck
17-11-2016, 10:32 AM
I don't think Malonga's mind set and Lennon's mind set would be a good match.

I agree, he doesn't strike me as Lennon's type of player at all. I think this will be a common theme in the rest of Malonga's career. He'll move about playing for a different side just about every year and for one reason or another it won't really work out.

woodythehibee
17-11-2016, 10:35 AM
I would take King Dom back in a heartbeat. Hugely popular with the players and the majority of the fans. Great to watch.

ancient hibee
17-11-2016, 10:38 AM
Would loved to have seen a fit Stokes and Malonga.

brog
17-11-2016, 10:43 AM

I love King Dom.

Pretty much! A modern day Ally McLeod, not the manager! My only, very minor, disappointment with the Time For Heroes dvd was there was no comment from Dom re our triumph. Good to know he still cared!

Stevie Reid
17-11-2016, 12:15 PM
Never, ever understood the debate over what he brought to the team, especially given the dearth of quality in forward positions we had had before his arrival - never mind the 22 goals in 42 starts. The fact that he was a free signing outwith the window is pretty amazing really.

Loved him, and would take him back in a second.

frazeHFC
17-11-2016, 12:19 PM
Would love him back in January!

California-Hibs
17-11-2016, 01:12 PM
Malonga was a very good player for his, very under rated by fans who didnt get his style.

It isnt a coincidence that our form went down the tubes when we lost Hanlon and Fyvie to injury and sold Malonga. Thats the spine of our team last season. We only replaced Malonga with an unfit Stokes who was no where near match ready.

.......until May 21st. He was very match ready then! 😎

heretoday
17-11-2016, 01:36 PM
Come back to Easter Road!

GlasgowHibee
17-11-2016, 01:37 PM
One of my favourite players in recent times, fantastic player to watch.

Hibs90
17-11-2016, 01:47 PM
I don't care about the rangers...

.Sean.
17-11-2016, 02:15 PM
Yes please

Cat Stanton
17-11-2016, 05:47 PM
He refers to Jason Cummings is his "little bro". Now that's one karazeeeee family...

renato
17-11-2016, 06:44 PM
Dom's awareness, movement and ability to bring midfield runners into play was key to our winning streak and quality of play. He looked languid at times but he (along with Dylan) probably had the best footballing brain at the club.

He wasn't playing every week but I'm still convinced him leaving in Jan cost us the chance to keep pace with the Rangers till the bitter end.

Jonnyboy
17-11-2016, 06:47 PM
Which is total nonsense and based on little more than repetition of a view that is lazier than Dom ever was.

:greengrin

Said at the time that Dom was the most naturally talented player we had but apparently not running around enough was a mortal sin

heretoday
17-11-2016, 07:17 PM
I think he'd bring a quality we lack - a big guy to hold the ball up and lay it off. Not sure if Lennon favours that kind of play but in the Championship why not have the option?

Big L
17-11-2016, 09:28 PM
Scored great goals, held the ball up well, brought people in to play, had a bit of pace and a real character. Love to see him in this team at the head of a diamond. Bring him back,

jacomo
17-11-2016, 09:47 PM
Never, ever understood the debate over what he brought to the team, especially given the dearth of quality in forward positions we had had before his arrival - never mind the 22 goals in 42 starts. The fact that he was a free signing outwith the window is pretty amazing really.

Loved him, and would take him back in a second.

That scoring run he went on soon after arriving pretty much kick started Stubbs' time at ER and gave a new team and gaffer time to bed in. The right signing at the right time.

He couldn't sustain that, but a quality footballer.

jacomo
17-11-2016, 09:49 PM
Scored great goals, held the ball up well, brought people in to play, had a bit of pace and a real character. Love to see him in this team at the head of a diamond. Bring him back,

All of that, but he's not a midfielder. You need him up top.

Sir David Gray
17-11-2016, 10:48 PM
If there was a possibility of signing him either permanently or on loan, I would take it.

jacomo
17-11-2016, 11:19 PM
If there was a possibility of signing him either permanently or on loan, I would take it.

Oh yes.

Mon Lenny do it! He works well with JC too.

My_Wife_Camille
17-11-2016, 11:24 PM
One of the most under rated and underappreciated Hibs players I can remember

ChooseLife
18-11-2016, 10:44 AM
Yes please, come home Dom :thumbsup: