PDA

View Full Version : Waghorn wanting to fight a school kid

H18 SFR
16-11-2016, 09:50 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/watch-rangers-striker-martyn-waghorn-9274053

Unseen work
16-11-2016, 10:00 PM
Well that's not accurate at all.

He done nothing wrong to the young guy who was giving him stick

GreenNWhiteArmy
16-11-2016, 10:07 PM
Daily record link?

No thanks,I'll search online elsewhere for it!

oneone73
16-11-2016, 10:08 PM
Daily record link?

No thanks,I'll search online elsewhere for it!

We'll said

keep the faith
16-11-2016, 10:13 PM
Yet more DR links! Why??

Navids Numpties
16-11-2016, 10:18 PM
MW: Say it to me face, go on say it to me face

MW proceeds to walk to wards the kid and go face to face with him.

MW: Am a ***** aye

Kid: You're *****

MW walks away hahahahahahaha couldn't make that stuff up

Sir David Gray
16-11-2016, 10:21 PM
I've seen the video on Facebook and there's nothing in it to be fair to him.

From the footage I've seen, he appears to be going about his business quietly when the boy starts abusing him in the street. I would say he's entitled to stick up for himself under those circumstances.

He doesn't assault him or say anything towards the boy so I really don't see what the big deal is.

hibsbollah
16-11-2016, 10:26 PM
Record Links No Thanks.

Dashing Bob S
16-11-2016, 10:29 PM
Not opening a Record thread. Was it a dispute over who was taking a penalty?

Danderhall Hibs
16-11-2016, 10:30 PM
Not opening a Record thread. Was it a dispute over who was taking a penalty?

Looks like he wanted a bit of the boy's chip roll.

ian cruise
16-11-2016, 10:30 PM
I've seen the video on Facebook and there's nothing in it to be fair to him.

From the footage I've seen, he appears to be going about his business quietly when the boy starts abusing him in the street. I would say he's entitled to stick up for himself under those circumstances.

He doesn't assault him or say anything towards the boy so I really don't see what the big deal is.

Kind of agree, initial reaction is that he's a grown man and he's having a go at a wee boy but in all fairness even to use the phrase squaring up is a push. The boy is being wide in front of his friends, waghorn challenges him to say it to his face, boy does, waghorn replies "good lad" and walks off. At no point does he suggest he's going to hurt the boy except, you could argue, by his proximity, and maybe the lad will learn to be careful what he's saying and who he's saying it to. He could have done it to someone else and not been so fortunate. If the story was about a 15 year old boy shouting abuse at a pensioner we'd be up in arms.

I think the real regret for waghorn was taking Lee Wallace with him to get chips....

Viva_Palmeiras
16-11-2016, 10:32 PM
I was not thinking about not clicking on a DR link until I didn't read this thread.'

snooky
16-11-2016, 11:22 PM
Surprised that no W of S FC supporters didn't race in to defend Waggers.

silverhibee
16-11-2016, 11:26 PM
Wee beibs at it again. :greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
16-11-2016, 11:58 PM
I'd be more concerned that a guy who's meant to be a professional athlete eats crap out the chippy. But he's a hun so **** him.

AgentDaleCooper
17-11-2016, 12:35 AM
Well that's not accurate at all.

He done nothing wrong to the young guy who was giving him stick

well, he did basically try (and fail) to intimidate him, which given that this lad, albeit a cheeky lad, is still at school, is pretty pathetic when he could have just ignored it. what he gets paid in a week is more that i earn in a year, and i'm sure he gets worse if he goes out on the town - it's surely part of playing for the ugly sisters. he's clearly just having a square go with this chap because he knows he won't get a finger laid on him, and wants to look like the big man. so yes, he's not caused any harm, but he's acted like an absolutely pathetic, cowardly imbecile. :aok:

southern hibby
17-11-2016, 12:42 AM
Obviously it'll be reported that the lads a Hibs fan and thinks it's still cup final day. They'll be reports of assault and call to arms to defend waghorn from the vicious attack, he obviously was subjected to.

GGTTH

hibbiedon
17-11-2016, 04:50 AM
Buy read or click on links
Record Links No Thanks.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I don't buy, read or click on links for that vile rag or the s%n either

Aldo
17-11-2016, 05:13 AM
Point being here I think is its School kids. Would he have done the same to a group of hairy arsed labourers from a nearby building site?? I would suggest not!

Coward!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenLake
17-11-2016, 05:15 AM
I'd be more concerned that a guy who's meant to be a professional athlete eats crap out the chippy. But he's a hun so **** him.

:top marks

TAHibby
17-11-2016, 07:42 AM
He's been wound up by a school boy

Bostonhibby
17-11-2016, 07:45 AM
Goading of the worst possible kind, I expect the the rangers board will send some of their fans in to protect him

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
17-11-2016, 07:46 AM
Truth probably hurts.

Fat reject who's been well found out.

lord bunberry
17-11-2016, 08:01 AM
I expect a statement from ibrox condemning the actions of the schoolboy and demanding this thugs school is banned from every chippy in Glasgow.

Unseen work
17-11-2016, 09:06 AM
well, he did basically try (and fail) to intimidate him, which given that this lad, albeit a cheeky lad, is still at school, is pretty pathetic when he could have just ignored it. what he gets paid in a week is more that i earn in a year, and i'm sure he gets worse if he goes out on the town - it's surely part of playing for the ugly sisters. he's clearly just having a square go with this chap because he knows he won't get a finger laid on him, and wants to look like the big man. so yes, he's not caused any harm, but he's acted like an absolutely pathetic, cowardly imbecile. :aok:

A square go?! Come on

All he does is challenge a little idiot for giving him abuse on the street.

If it was any other everyday person or even a hibs player in that video people would not be using the word intimditating or square go.

Although he should of just ignored it he done nothing wrong.

I often think some people just see what they want to see.

LaMotta
17-11-2016, 09:11 AM
The most shocking thing about that video is Waghorn's abysmal half mast trackie bottoms. Totally unacceptable.

1875STEVE
17-11-2016, 09:19 AM
here it is NOT on the daily hun website.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKj3di1_K4M

ancient hibee
17-11-2016, 10:30 AM

Tosh.Why should he ignore it?I wouldn't.

High-On-Hibs
17-11-2016, 10:35 AM
Incidently, when I was coming home from college the other day, I was waiting on the tram platform and who should come running across the tracks to get to the train station? No other than Tom Taiwo in his Falkirk strip with some other Falkirk player. A guy across the platform from me was giving the guy absolute dogs abuse for his tackle last weekend.

Got me thinking, players must have to put up with this sort of thing all the time. Not sure I could ignore it if I was a player.

ancient hibee
17-11-2016, 10:37 AM
Incidently, when I was coming home from college the other day, I was waiting on the tram platform and who should come running across the tracks to get to the train station? No other than Tom Taiwo in his Falkirk strip with some other Falkirk player. A guy across the platform from me was giving the guy absolute dogs abuse for his tackle last weekend.

Got me thinking, players must have to put up with this sort of thing all the time. Not sure I could ignore it if I was a player.
You're absolutely right.It's cowardly .

JDHibs
17-11-2016, 10:38 AM
Imagine if you got dogs abuse every time you left the house for doing your job?

Eventually you would react. He gets it every time hes on the pitch and cant react, on the street is different, all he done what chin the lad who was being billy big balls infront of his mates.

Nothing wrong with it in my eyes, bit stupid if anything, due to it being school kids. He didnt want to fight the lad, he didnt want a square go, he just wanted to see if the lad would say it to his face, accepted it and told him to get back to school. That lad will now be bragging about it like hes a real gangster, a real hard man, hes just a silly wee school kid.

But because of who he is and the fact hes at a high profile club means the media will blow it out of proportion. From what im hearing he isnt happy and wants a move back down south anyway, so this will just help that happen in January.

JJP
17-11-2016, 11:27 AM
Joke that he has to put up with that from a daft looking overweight school kid.

high bee
17-11-2016, 11:31 AM
I'm sure a few of their fans will be down soon to trash the chippy's toilets.

WeeRussell
17-11-2016, 11:46 AM
here it is NOT on the daily hun website.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKj3di1_K4M

Is that it?

Wa*khorn is a fat Hun who I don't particularly like.. but that isn't worth an article - not even from the DR!

Biggie
17-11-2016, 11:49 AM
Surprised at the DR publishing anything untoward about the the rangers

Mikey
17-11-2016, 12:15 PM
Point being here I think is its School kids. Would he have done the same to a group of hairy arsed labourers from a nearby building site?? I would suggest not!

Coward!

And I'm sure the school kid wouldn't have done it if he was on his own.

There's a guy who likes to shout abuse at me if he sees me at games but he only ever does it when he's with his pals, he's never done it when he's been on his own. Kinda falls into the same category really.

Deansy
17-11-2016, 12:27 PM

Agreed - THAT is the biggest thing in this that got me !!, Its a strange - if not worrying/puzzling - article for the 'tard' to do - printing an article which is NOT blatantly pro-Hun, if anything, it's a 'Bad news' story !!. WTF is the 'tard' up to - how on earth did this story pass it's 'Anything that paints a bad picture about Rangers' fully-manned 24/7 check-desk ??. It's got to be a first - a football-club's own, personal publication printing an bad/poor article about its own club/employee ??

Danderhall Hibs
17-11-2016, 12:55 PM

They'll be giving the laddies address as well so the west of Scotland football fans can defend his honour.

RabMohr
17-11-2016, 01:12 PM
Could it be the Daily ****** is paving the way for Waghorn's departure from greyskull?

HibbySpurs
17-11-2016, 01:19 PM
Geezo... That's not even newsworthy.....

He simply calls the lad out who to be fair is at least brave enough to "say it to his face", or maybe clever enough to have weighed the situation and realized the chances of getting a skelping are pretty non existent...

Someone posted would he have called the abuser out if it was a hairy arsed labourer who had shouted it at him? I expect perhaps not but who knows?

Then again would the lad have shouted "you're a fat hairy arsed labourer" at a construction worker? I think not....

I know he's a hun but the guy is only walking down the street minding his own business and shouldn't be subjected to abuse from anyone, however though he surely realizes that being a pro footballer it comes with the territory as they say...

matty_f
17-11-2016, 01:31 PM
Keith Jackson's already writing the article to say that all the The Rangers players were abused coming out of the chippy. By Hibs fans, obviously.

Craig_HFC
17-11-2016, 01:35 PM
Keith Jackson's already writing the article to say that all the The Rangers players were abused coming out of the chippy. By Hibs fans, obviously.

I heard there were a number of Hibs fans stood outside the chippy in Glasgow armed with bottles of chippy sauce with the intention of 'assaltnsaucing' the Huns chips.

:doh:

:duck:

CallumLaidlaw
17-11-2016, 01:36 PM
He's been a bit daft Waghorn. Rightly or wrongly, footballers get stuff shouted at them every day in life. The recent video of Kenny Miller being abused in a supermarket is a prime example. But Kenny ignores them and the Celtic fan looks like a total bellend. If waghorn approaches every single person that shouts "you're sh***" then he's gonna get in trouble eventually. He needs to be a bit more savvy that's all.

blackpoolhibs
17-11-2016, 03:11 PM
If it had been half a dozen brickies,, he'd have done a Kenny Miller and walked the other way. It was a couple of school kids so he suddenly got all brave. :rolleyes:

17-11-2016, 04:51 PM

Coward!

Exactly. Tryna act the hard man by squaring up to a bunch of kids. Yes they shouldn't be shouting abuse at him in the street but their just a bunch of silly young laddies, just ignore it ffs. As you say, doubt he would have felt so big and tough had it been a group of grown men.

Northernhibee
17-11-2016, 05:14 PM
Little ned tries to act the big man and is cheeky to someone who's not at their place of work. Gets made to look silly in front of his mates without the other person having to resort to violence. Well played if you ask me.

1875STEVE
17-11-2016, 06:10 PM

If Tom Taiwo was wearing his Falkirk strip on a tram platform, he deserves every bit of abuse he gets.:faf::faf:

Beefster
17-11-2016, 06:12 PM
Tosh.Why should he ignore it?I wouldn't.

If nothing else, because he's an adult and the other person is a child. Shouting something back is one thing, following and trying to intimidate a kid is another.

JJP
17-11-2016, 06:30 PM
If nothing else, because he's an adult and the other person is a child. Shouting something back is one thing, following and trying to intimidate a kid is another.

Kid didn't need to be shouting anything at him in the first place. It's not like he hit him. Hopefully a lesson learned.

Aldo
17-11-2016, 06:38 PM
Kid didn't need to be shouting anything at him in the first place. It's not like he hit him. Hopefully a lesson learned.

Waghorn should have ignored it and walked away simple as that. Waghorn put himself in a position of allegation and has left himself wide open IMHO! It's not like the laddie hit him.

For me it's about perception and Waghorn's behaviour could be perceived in a number of ways!!

Like I posted earlier I can bet Waghorn wouldn't have confronted a group of men having their lunch!!

3pm
17-11-2016, 06:57 PM
I like Waghorn. His ***** touch was key in the 1st goal at Hampden.

Dunbar Hibee
17-11-2016, 09:19 PM
I like Waghorn. His ***** touch was key in the 1st goal at Hampden.

I just we'd stop posting links to that ****ing ****rag. They are ****.

Sammy7nil
17-11-2016, 09:51 PM
He does absolutely nothing wrong the sad thing is the wee laddie will dine out on that and it will encourage others to do the same.

FranckSuzy
17-11-2016, 09:55 PM

Pete
18-11-2016, 05:48 AM
Waghorn should have ignored it and walked away simple as that. Waghorn put himself in a position of allegation and has left himself wide open IMHO! It's not like the laddie hit him.

For me it's about perception and Waghorn's behaviour could be perceived in a number of ways!!

Like I posted earlier I can bet Waghorn wouldn't have confronted a group of men having their lunch!!

I keep hearing this but I bet a bunch of builders wouldn't have dished out the abuse that a "child" hides behind.
One, because they are too mature to do so and two, because if a professional footballer did take the hump and actually get physical they know they would probably lose out.

Waghorn played a blinder. Going up to a boy who probably acts the big man to adults who he is comparable in size to and teaches him a life lesson in the process: if these cameras weren't here or if you were on your own then you'd say **** all...get back to school.

Strange that this is the one time the Daily Record has got it "wrong" when it comes to rangers. Maybe they've heard something about Waghorns future and don't care if the story is twisted.

Keith_M
18-11-2016, 05:56 AM
Could it be the Daily ****** is paving the way for Waghorn's departure from greyskull?

Funnily enough, that was my first thought. Sounds like a Level 42 (or whatever they're called) mischief making article.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-11-2016, 07:47 AM
Has Super Ally demanded to know who the laddie is yet?

lapsedhibee
18-11-2016, 08:30 AM
it's about perception and Waghorn's behaviour could be perceived in a number of ways!!

Indeed. When a the hun approaches a youngster like that, my first thought is always that he might try to abduct him.

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-11-2016, 07:11 PM
Waghorn really missed a trick to be fair. A simple "so's yer ma" would have completely ruined the chubby kid and resulted in his pals rinsing him for eternity. The big man could have sauntered off in his trackies and enjoyed his carrier bag of fish and chips with a wry grin on his face.

Scouse Hibee
18-11-2016, 08:32 PM
I woukd have dealt with the wee dick and frightened the life out of him. Hate these erse holes who think they can hide behind their age when giving out abuse.