PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Handling

Unseen work
16-11-2016, 09:25 PM
We th Danny returning to injury does anyone know if Lennon has plans for him in the current team or will he allow him to leave?

Also, judging on his Instagram he is out every week? Does anyone know if this is true or what his lifestyle is like?

Dunbar Hibee
16-11-2016, 09:42 PM
We th Danny returning to injury does anyone know if Lennon has plans for him in the current team or will he allow him to leave?

Also, judging on his Instagram he is out every week? Does anyone know if this is true or what his lifestyle is like?

He has plans for him yes.

And he goes out often yes, he's a young lad who's suffered a long term injury, so not exactly crime of the century.

Unseen work
16-11-2016, 10:00 PM
He has plans for him yes.

And he goes out often yes, he's a young lad who's suffered a long term injury, so not exactly crime of the century.

Plans for him as in at hibs?

I know and I often defend younger players when they go out. He seems to go out a lot more than most tho

Danderhall Hibs
16-11-2016, 10:28 PM

I know and I often defend younger players when they go out. He seems to go out a lot more than most tho

He should have a lot more cash than boys his age.

That though doesn't make it a good idea - if he wants to make the breakthrough I'd have thought he'd beat sacrificing the high life. His choice though...

Dunbar Hibee
16-11-2016, 10:32 PM

From what I know yeah plans for him at Hibs.

ian cruise
16-11-2016, 10:36 PM
He should have a lot more cash than boys his age.

That though doesn't make it a good idea - if he wants to make the breakthrough I'd have thought he'd beat sacrificing the high life. His choice though...

If he's still completing his rehabilitation to the level the club would wish him too then I see no problem. Plenty players smoke and/or drink, Danny isn't exactly falling about steaming, he might even be completely sober on a lot of these occasions. He's a young lad who can't play football due to injury, I'd rather he wasn't just moping about feeling sorry for himself.

I believe the boy has the drive to succeed, he's overcome a fair amount of adversity in his short time already and had horrendous luck. I actually believe if he can get passed this latest injury there is a career at Hibs as a first team player. Let's not turn the boys instagram as a reason to hound him out.

Edit - not saying you personally were trying to hound him out, but others will be doing so on this thread in no time at all.

Danderhall Hibs
16-11-2016, 10:37 PM
If he's still completing his rehabilitation to the level the club would wish him too then I see no problem. Plenty players smoke and/or drink, Danny isn't exactly falling about steaming, he might even be completely sober on a lot of these occasions. He's a young lad who can't play football due to injury, I'd rather he wasn't just moping about feeling sorry for himself.

I believe the boy has the drive to succeed, he's overcome a fair amount of adversity in his short time already and had horrendous luck. I actually believe if he can get passed this latest injury there is a career at Hibs as a first team player. Let's not turn the boys instagram as a reason to hound him out.

I'm not. Those that make it generally have a desire and single mindedness though. He's had a couple of bad injuries and will have needed those qualities to get through them. We'll see what happens when he gets himself fit.

ian cruise
16-11-2016, 10:39 PM
I'm not. Those that make it generally have a desire and single mindedness though. We'll see what happens when he gets himself fit.

Yeah I realised my reply sounded like I was saying you were was not my intention. Added a wee edit to be clear.

Danderhall Hibs
16-11-2016, 10:40 PM
Yeah I realised my reply sounded like I was saying you were was not my intention. Added a wee edit to be clear.

:aok:

lucky
16-11-2016, 11:39 PM
In the games he's played for us he's shown very little. I was amazed he was given a 4 year deal by Stubbs. I can't think of any game where he's been a stand out. But NL will decide on him if he ever gets fit for long enough to judge him. It appears he's been injured for about 18 months

Smartie
16-11-2016, 11:43 PM
In the games he's played for us he's shown very little. I was amazed he was given a 4 year deal by Stubbs. I can't think of any game where he's been a stand out. But NL will decide on him if he ever gets fit for long enough to judge him. It appears he's been injured for about 18 months

He was a very solid performer when we got a foothold in the Championship in midfield with Scott Allan and Liam Craig after we'd made a poor start.

When we horsed Dumbarton 6-2 away he was immense and he played a very good supporting role in that 4-0 home win against The Rangers.

He's not shown it enough, but he's got something.

Tom Hart RIP
17-11-2016, 05:26 AM
Think he is back training this week

JDHibs
17-11-2016, 07:12 AM
Handling has more chance of making it at Hibs over Stanton and Harris.

Just a shame hes been constantly hammered with injuries.

Chip shop Joe
17-11-2016, 07:25 AM
Can't remember exactly when it was but Handling was outstanding against The Rangers at Ibrox a couple of years ago. I think he got injured either in the game or very shortly afterwards.

Salt N Sauzee
17-11-2016, 07:32 AM
Can't remember exactly when it was but Handling was outstanding against The Rangers at Ibrox a couple of years ago. I think he got injured either in the game or very shortly afterwards.

Sure he scored our goal as well then got sent off!

Enough said
17-11-2016, 07:33 AM
From what I know yeah plans for him at Hibs.

Has till end of season... to be honest not good enough not hard enough... to injury prone

Brightside
17-11-2016, 07:34 AM

He gets tested the same as every other player. IF he was actually getting pissed up on these nights out he would be nowhere near the squad and would be on his way out. Plenty young guys go out now without getting plastered.

andrew70
17-11-2016, 07:47 AM
Has till end of season... to be honest not good enough not hard enough... to injury prone

The injuries he's had are hardly showing he's injury prone. Both pretty serious long-term injuries.

He's a player of good ability and was just beginning to establish himself under Stubbs. He's been out a long time, will take a while to get back up to full fitness but he's a while left on his deal to make it happen.

I am sure he will if he gets the chance.

He and Harris are too good to be just dismissing them. They could easily come back to haunt us should we let them go.

Handling's only error for me was saying that Hibs should allow Scott Allan to go to Rangers...other than that the lad is a fine footballer.

Andy74
17-11-2016, 07:54 AM
The injuries he's had are hardly showing he's injury prone. Both pretty serious long-term injuries.

He's a player of good ability and was just beginning to establish himself under Stubbs. He's been out a long time, will take a while to get back up to full fitness but he's a while left on his deal to make it happen.

He and Harris are too good to be just dismissing them. They could easily come back to haunt us should we let them go.

Handling's only error for me was saying that Hibs should allow Scott Allan to go to Rangers...other than that the lad is a fine footballer.

He wasn't really establishing himself under Stubbs. Stubbs had said he could go. In reality the only reason he is still here is because he has been injured and we can't move him on.

Him, Harris and Forster aren't good enough and are backward steps for this squad.

Keeping them in case they come back to haunt us is not the way to look st it. So what really if they do well somewhere else. The fac is they aren't sing well enough here to justify being part of the team. He

calumhibee1
17-11-2016, 07:54 AM

I couldn't disagree with that second last paragraph more, especially Harris. Handling at best will go on to have an ok career at a mid table team in this league. Harris' lack of any sort of confidence whatsoever will see him fall out the pro game completely.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-11-2016, 08:03 AM

He'll be re-Appearing in "scapegoat of the week" before the season is out I'd imagine...

Ozyhibby
17-11-2016, 09:06 AM
He'll be re-Appearing in "scapegoat of the week" before the season is out I'd imagine...

I doubt it. I don't think he'll play any meaningful part for us again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

since90plustwo
17-11-2016, 12:29 PM
Danny Ings was injured for a similar time to Danny Handling - similar age. I bet you he is not out every weekend and its certainly not plastered over his Instagram and social media. This is the difference between young scottish and english players -football is ther life down there whereas up here too many like the tag of being a fooballer rathr than the nitty gritty of doin it. Theres nothin wrong with going out now and then; but not every week. I can count on one hand the amount of times ive seen hearts young players out on GS on a saturday night, and coincidently the majority are being touted to play at a higher level. Priorities

17-11-2016, 05:02 PM
Such a hard player to judge as he's had a rotten time with injuries and therefore we just haven't seen enough of him to be able to say whether he's good enough or not.

Really hope he can get fully fit and more importantly stay fit and make a case for himself at hibs. Still a young guy with plenty time to create a career for himself (whether that be with hibs or not). Time will tell really.

As for him going out a lot. I dont have a problem with that. He's a young guy and just wants to go out and have a good time with his friends like most folk do. He just needs to make sure that he's careful about it and is still putting the hours in at the gym etc to keep himself fit.

ancient hibee
17-11-2016, 05:05 PM
I just feel he's got something about him to make a player.

calumhibee1
17-11-2016, 05:10 PM
Danny Ings was injured for a similar time to Danny Handling - similar age. I bet you he is not out every weekend and its certainly not plastered over his Instagram and social media. This is the difference between young scottish and english players -football is ther life down there whereas up here too many like the tag of being a fooballer rathr than the nitty gritty of doin it. Theres nothin wrong with going out now and then; but not every week. I can count on one hand the amount of times ive seen hearts young players out on GS on a saturday night, and coincidently the majority are being touted to play at a higher level. Priorities

What Hearts players are getting touted around? Paterson is the only one. We've got two in Cummings and McGinn.

sarfoftheborder
17-11-2016, 05:27 PM
I too think that Danny Handling has something about him. In that The Rangers game where he scored and was later sent off he was excellent. On the official site listing of the first team he is classified as a striker. I see him more as an attacking midfielder who certainly scores goals, something which we all know our current midfield rarely does.

Danderhall Hibs
17-11-2016, 06:01 PM
What Hearts players are getting touted around? Paterson is the only one. We've got two in Cummings and McGinn.

And it's only them that tout Paterson around. No ones interested enough to pay a fee for him.

CRAZYHIBBY
17-11-2016, 07:19 PM
I don't see what he offers us....who would you drop for him?

Enough said
17-11-2016, 07:23 PM

Nobody mate.

jacomo
17-11-2016, 10:01 PM

I'd like a goal scoring midfielder in the mix, please.

Andy74
17-11-2016, 10:16 PM
I'd like a goal scoring midfielder in the mix, please.

Who did you have in mind?

TheGreenMan
17-11-2016, 10:19 PM
The phrase that springs to mind when thinking of him is Powder Puff.

Does he improve anything we have starting just now? No.

No idea how many goals or assists he has for us but i'd stab at under 10 combined?

Did he do enough to earn another 4 year deal? No. Mystery. Must be great in training.

Just my opinion.

Plus the stuff you see on social media of him really doesn't help his case to be honest.

jacomo
17-11-2016, 11:10 PM
Who did you have in mind?

Well, probably not DH.

But if he gets an opportunity, he's surely got to bust a gut to do something.

What's he got to lose? He's had bad luck and I like him, but he probably will be looking for somewhere else in January.

Smartie
18-11-2016, 06:39 AM
The phrase that springs to mind when thinking of him is Powder Puff.

Does he improve anything we have starting just now? No.

No idea how many goals or assists he has for us but i'd stab at under 10 combined?

Did he do enough to earn another 4 year deal? No. Mystery. Must be great in training.

Just my opinion.

Plus the stuff you see on social media of him really doesn't help his case to be honest.

He can finish so should be capable of getting goals from midfield.

He has a nice weight of pass, so on days like Saturday when we're toiling to break down a packed defence, he may well provide us with something we lack a bit right now.

I'm not 100% convinced by him but I'm in no way writing him off.

since90plustwo
18-11-2016, 01:38 PM

Paterson. Walker & Nicholson are good players whowill move on to good things. Jordan McGhee is currently on loan at a Premier League club. They constantly have 3/4 players in u21s and have two players currently in the Scotland set up. Im not saying we dont have talent. But if you look at Handling, Harris & Stanton while in the development teams were at a similar level to Walker, King Nicholson, Paterson etc and all of them are playing consistently at a good level. In handlings case he was a standout for our u20s but has never kicked on like those across the city, and i believe Handlings lifestyle has played a part in that aswell as injuries etc of course. Hes been around the fist team for nealy 4 years and sill hasnt made any impact

lord bunberry
18-11-2016, 03:40 PM
He's definitely got something about him. He's put in a couple of performances where he has been outstanding and controlled the game in the middle of the park. The problem is he's had chances and not shown enough consistency. His next chance may well be his last, but I'd certainly give him another go.

portyhibernian
18-11-2016, 11:01 PM
He's played well about 5 times since being around the first team. Nothing I've seen of him makes me think he was worth the 4 year deal he was given by Stubbs. Doubt he'll make any impact when he returns from injury either.