PDA

View Full Version : "Henderson To Deliver"

Thecat23
16-11-2016, 08:45 PM
The line that all Hibs fans will never forget. But what I just noticed is he doesn't say that! He says "it's Liam Henderson to deliver."

I only checked this because of a mate who swears down he doesn't mention his first name. Pointless but it was annoying me so had to check 😁

danhibees1875
16-11-2016, 08:50 PM
Yeah, but that would take me much longer to unlock my laptop if that was my password. :greengrin

Thecat23
16-11-2016, 08:53 PM
Yeah, but that would take me much longer to unlock my laptop if that was my password. :greengrin

You and thousands more... If of course that was our password 😉

s.a.m
16-11-2016, 08:57 PM
I think we get "Henderson to Deliver" at the first corner. So it's not COMPLETELY wrong...

danhibees1875
16-11-2016, 08:57 PM
You and thousands more... If of course that was our password 😉

Of course.

"Whatamomentthisisitsliamhendersontodeliverrrrandda vidgrayhasscoredthecaptainandhibsarestandingontheb rinkofhistory210516#"

The Spaceman
16-11-2016, 09:03 PM
Ian Crocker was my favourite football commentator before this day...this has now immortalised him alongside everything else on 21.05.2016.

He captures the magnitude of the moment perfectly!

SaulGoodman
16-11-2016, 09:23 PM
Henderson delivers for the equaliser

It's Liam Henderson to deliverrrrrrrjfkdudgvwhshdudhdbdbdhdududbbdbdhaisy dh for the winner

Thecat23
16-11-2016, 10:11 PM
I think we get "Henderson to Deliver" at the first corner. So it's not COMPLETELY wrong...

He was saying it was the third. But yeah think it's that for the 2nd.

GreenNWhiteArmy
16-11-2016, 10:31 PM
I still get goosebumps every time I hear the commentary for the winner.

Naturally I have it set as my notification sound for pretty much every form of notification I receive on my phone

Twiglet
16-11-2016, 11:34 PM
I thought he says "it's William Henderson to deliver", it's too long for it to be "Liam". "Henderson to deliver" is for the corner for the second goal.

Onion
16-11-2016, 11:58 PM
The line that all Hibs fans will never forget. But what I just noticed is he doesn't say that! He says "it's Liam Henderson to deliver."

I only checked this because of a mate who swears down he doesn't mention his first name. Pointless but it was annoying me so had to check 😁

Abbreviated version.

patlowe
17-11-2016, 07:29 AM
Ach, I guess I should put myself through the hardship of watching it again, just to be sure.

Disc O'Dave
17-11-2016, 08:32 AM
To be fair, all the best historical quotes are actually mis-quoted....

Frazerbob
17-11-2016, 09:33 AM
Liam McLeod on the BBC coverage at full time gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. As its my ringtone, that's quite often.

"Ladies and gentlemen you are witness to a moment of Scottish sporting history, Hibernian have won The Scottish Cup"

Craig_HFC
17-11-2016, 09:36 AM
Pretty sure Crocker doesn't say 'Henderson to deliver' at the equaliser.

He says 'and Liam Henderson will [small pause] take this corner... He's done it again! Anthony Stokes!'

SON OF PADDY
17-11-2016, 10:11 AM
Liam McLeod on the BBC coverage at full time gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. As its my ringtone, that's quite often.

"Ladies and gentlemen you are witness to a moment of Scottish sporting history, Hibernian have won The Scottish Cup"

Any chance you could tell me how you got that ringtone ?
I must have it. 😁😁

snooky
17-11-2016, 10:12 AM
:agree:
"You dirty rat" - James Cagney
"Play it again Sam" - Humphrey Bogart
"And I said this at the Brighton Conference" - Harold Wilson
"Blood, sweat & tears" - Winston Churchill
"Beam me up, Scotty" - Captain Kirk

Misquotes or were never said.

High-On-Hibs
17-11-2016, 11:15 AM
It's whats known as the mandela effect. Most people remember certain things as they aren't.

Frazerbob
17-11-2016, 12:18 PM
Any chance you could tell me how you got that ringtone ?
I must have it. 😁😁

Hibernian Retro have a few on iTunes. Cost £1 I think.

Peevemor
17-11-2016, 12:32 PM

I often wonder if Hibernian Retro know about copyright laws.

Frazerbob
17-11-2016, 12:36 PM

There's something that doesn't sit well with me about them to be honest. I asked them a couple of months back if any of their merchandise sales benefit the club in any way and told unashamedly 'no'.

Having said, I've been trying to work out how to get the ringtones for ages so all morals went out the window!

CropleyWasGod
17-11-2016, 12:51 PM

I stopped wondering ages ago.

I know that they don't. :greengrin

Lago
17-11-2016, 01:02 PM

Maybe we should now call you pedantic hibbie:greengrin

Thecat23
17-11-2016, 01:04 PM
Maybe we should now call you pedantic hibbie:greengrin

Haha, no I think one is enough 😁

SaulGoodman
17-11-2016, 01:29 PM
Pretty sure Crocker doesn't say 'Henderson to deliver' at the equaliser.

He says 'and Liam Henderson will [small pause] take this corner... He's done it again! Anthony Stokes!'

"Liam Henderson will take this corner... Henderson delivers.. He's done it again! Anthony Stokes with another goal and Hibs are not giving up on their shot of glory yet! It's 2-2! In an excilerating final!"

Pedantic_Hibee
17-11-2016, 01:29 PM
Haha, no I think one is enough 😁

Reported.

17-11-2016, 01:32 PM
"What a moment this is, its Liam Henderson to deliveeeeeeeeeeer"

The greatest line of all time, it was almost as if the commentator just knew what was about to happen, that this was it, the moment.

Craig_HFC
17-11-2016, 01:33 PM
"Liam Henderson will take this corner... Henderson delivers.. He's done it again! Anthony Stokes with another goal and Hibs are not giving up on their shot of glory yet! It's 2-2! In an excilerating final!"

:aok:

On a sidenote, watching any game where Crocker is the commentator since the Final; I've noticed he says the 'so & so to deliver' quite a lot... no idea if he did this before May but I can't help but notice it now since it's got a special meaning.

CropleyWasGod
17-11-2016, 01:35 PM

On a sidenote, watching any game where Crocker is the commentator since the Final; I've noticed he says the 'so & so to deliver' quite a lot... no idea if he did this before May but I can't help but notice it now since it's got a special meaning.

He must be an annoying prick at Christmas time.

Shrekko
17-11-2016, 03:08 PM
That may be true but I've never actually heard/read anyone say 'Henderson to deliver' without 'Its Liam' at the start.

Thecat23
17-11-2016, 03:41 PM
Reported.

Haha 😜

Danderhall Hibs
17-11-2016, 05:20 PM

:agree: he does. Just got lucky!

Bayern Bru
17-11-2016, 06:51 PM

Abraham Lincoln was spot on when he said this, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Green Goblin
17-11-2016, 08:05 PM
"What a moment this is" - also an amazing line, plus the timing of it. Clever commentator. :agree:

SON OF PADDY
17-11-2016, 08:45 PM

Nice one cheers 😋

Green Man
17-11-2016, 08:52 PM
"What a moment this is, its Liam Henderson to deliveeeeeeeeeeer"

The greatest line of all time, it was almost as if the commentator just knew what was about to happen, that this was it, the moment.

I've noticed that when watching as well - without actually saying it, he's basically saying Hibs can win the cup here.

Cameron1875
17-11-2016, 09:53 PM
Even when we lift the cup the "At last, At last, AT LAST!" is just fantastic.

FranckSuzy
17-11-2016, 10:23 PM
"A moment in life (often not shown/heard), a moment in time, a moment in history" then of course, the immortal, "at last, at last, at last" :thumbsup::not worth

fat freddy
17-11-2016, 11:37 PM
Funny that this should pop up, I've been working, not very hard and not very often, on a mosaic of this iconic commentary for the last couple of months, I'll pop a picture up next time I get a chance or you can view it on Twitter 'hibsmosaic'.... There's a pic on there of the early stages before I got distracted by other stuff, a few more evenings in the attic and I'll be done, I'll reveal all later

jacomo
17-11-2016, 11:48 PM
Funny that this should pop up, I've been working, not very hard and not very often, on a mosaic of this iconic commentary for the last couple of months, I'll pop a picture up next time I get a chance or you can view it on Twitter 'hibsmosaic'.... There's a pic on there of the early stages before I got distracted by other stuff, a few more evenings in the attic and I'll be done, I'll reveal all later

Nice.

What are you thinking for the background?

fat freddy
17-11-2016, 11:54 PM
I'm going plain with white, I'm short on options at the moment as I only have green and white tiles lying around, I had thought of doing the full commentary but I've completed the first two lines with background and am now thinking of just doing DELIVER in giant letters and leaving it at that.

jacomo
18-11-2016, 12:04 AM
I'm going plain with white, I'm short on options at the moment as I only have green and white tiles lying around, I had thought of doing the full commentary but I've completed the first two lines with background and am now thinking of just doing DELIVER in giant letters and leaving it at that.

:thumbsup:

Haymaker
18-11-2016, 01:00 AM
I've noticed that when watching as well - without actually saying it, he's basically saying Hibs can win the cup here.

It's perfect.

worcesterhibby
18-11-2016, 08:24 AM
I thought i has getting immune..but just watched the highlights again and got a big lump in my throat and wet eyes and started punching the air as Crocker says "At last. at last. at last"

nonshinyfinish
18-11-2016, 06:46 PM
It's not verbatim, but I snuck the magic word into this page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last-minute_goal