PDA

View Full Version : fao admins

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2016, 01:59 PM
Once again it appears the spacebar is not working when posting, i read a week or so ago i was not the only one this was affecting?

Any idea how to stop this permanently? :confused:

northstandhibby
16-11-2016, 02:02 PM
Once again it appears the spacebar is not working when posting, i read a week or so ago i was not the only one this was affecting?

I've had that problem from time to time but thought maybe it was my computer playing up.

lyonhibs
16-11-2016, 02:14 PM
Happened to me as well. Only when replying and only on .net.

Weird, but what you need to do is just type 1 word, press enter a couple of times and then start typing anew. On your 2nd line, it's back to normal.

derekHFC
16-11-2016, 02:41 PM

I think its to do with the browser you're using as I get it sometimes when using an old version of IE at work.

At the top left of the window you type in, you have options to change font, etc.

If you click on the top left one, which is a black A / blue A, this sorts it. It should say 'switch editor to source mode' when you hover over it.

ps. its Jonty's fault, he's the techie geek :nerd:

Mr White
16-11-2016, 02:55 PM
I think its to do with the browser you're using as I get it sometimes when using an old version of IE at work.

At the top left of the window you type in, you have options to change font, etc.

If you click on the top left one, which is a black A / blue A, this sorts it. It should say 'switch editor to source mode' when you hover over it.

Don't taunt him or there's no telling what might happen :greengrin

Sergey
16-11-2016, 03:10 PM

Same for me. I simply can't reply to Private Messages and it's not the browser (same in Chrome/Opera/Firefox).

derekHFC
16-11-2016, 03:15 PM
Same for me. I simply can't reply to Private Messages and it's not the browser (same in Chrome/Opera/Firefox).

Try what I've said above G, should help.

Don't taunt him or there's no telling what might happen

He wont even see this, he'll be too busy playing xbox, etc, etc :greengrin

Sergey
16-11-2016, 03:22 PM
Try what I've said above G, should help.

Derek - that has indeed sorted it.

Seems a bit weird that some of us are effected while others can post/reply no bother.

It's been a real scunner as I couldn't reply to Private Messages without_putting_underscores_to_separate_words.

Moulin Yarns
16-11-2016, 03:25 PM
Derek - that has indeed sorted it.

Seems a bit weird that some of us are effected while others can post/reply no bother.

It's been a real scunner as I couldn't reply to Private Messages without_putting_underscores_to_separate_words.

I use IE 11 at ork and it's fne, but Chrome at home an hve to drop a line fo th spacebr to work.

Howeer, y can see what happens when I type on IE 11 if I don't switch editor to source mode :greengrin

sleeping giant
16-11-2016, 03:52 PM
You all think you have it bad :-)

Moulin Yarns
16-11-2016, 03:57 PM

everything becomes clearer in green and white .

HibbySpurs
16-11-2016, 04:59 PM

Ahhhhhh, that works.... Defo IE I think, it usually takes me ages to type a reply as it's soooo slow on my work laptop.... Although I really should be getting back to work now :greengrin

The smiley's even work now as well :aok:

Cheers for the tip.....

Mikeystewart
16-11-2016, 05:41 PM
It will be related to the WYSIWYG editor's javascript library being an incompatible version to the one being interpreted by your browser / browser version :cool2: :rockin:

Callum7
16-11-2016, 05:57 PM

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2016, 10:19 PM

Looks like it has worked, cheers Derek. :top marks