PDA

View Full Version : Premiership salaries

lucky
15-11-2016, 10:58 PM
Unbelievable to think that Scott Brown earns more a month than every player in league does per annum except his team mates, Rangers and Aberdeen. Hearts only pay £86k per annum!! I'd like a championship comparison done as well to see how Hibs and United fair.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-come-fourth-in-list-of-scottish-club-salaries-1-4287935

JeMeSouviens
15-11-2016, 11:04 PM
Incredible just how poor value the New Huns are getting from their squad. Shame. :greengrin

Salt N Sauzee
16-11-2016, 09:01 AM
Under every single online Edinburgh Evening News article is a handful of Hearts fans making comments about Hibs even if the article has NOTHING to do with Hibs. Absolute weirdo's :crazy:

JDHibs
16-11-2016, 09:07 AM
I think this is great that these have been brought out, puts to bed the age old arguments of how much a team pays.

When Budge joined Hearts she said she would not over pay people, thats why they sign foreign nobodies as they are cheaper. £86k average per annum is still £1600 a week. They have alot of youngsters that wont be on alot plus alot of foreign nobodies as i said.

I doubt we will even be paying as much as Hearts but not far behind them. Cummings is on £2500 a week and is our top earner, followed by Hanlon. Where as players like Harris, Handling, Stanton are on £1000 a week. Plus, that study doesnt include bonus' and extras. Just salary. Players such as Holt and Marciano are getting extras & bonus' to make it worth their while.

One thing i would say it, shows how good Tommy Wright and St J really are. Very shrewd business they are running and are over achieving with where they get to in the league. Majorly surprised he hasnt been picked up from a Championship team down south.

greenginger
16-11-2016, 09:18 AM
I think this is great that these have been brought out, puts to bed the age old arguments of how much a team pays.

When Budge joined Hearts she said she would not over pay people, thats why they sign foreign nobodies as they are cheaper. £86k average per annum is still £1600 a week. They have alot of youngsters that wont be on alot plus alot of foreign nobodies as i said.

I doubt we will even be paying as much as Hearts but not far behind them. Cummings is on £2500 a week and is our top earner, followed by Hanlon. Where as players like Harris, Handling, Stanton are on £1000 a week. Plus, that study doesnt include bonus' and extras. Just salary. Players such as Holt and Marciano are getting extras & bonus' to make it worth their while.

One thing i would say it, shows how good Tommy Wright and St J really are. Very shrewd business they are running and are over achieving with where they get to in the league. Majorly surprised he hasnt been picked up from a Championship team down south.

I heard a story last March/April ( second hand from an agent ) that the squad of foreign imports were working on low basic wages but were on very sizable bonuses for top six finish and even more for Euro qualification.
All calculated by Director of Football, Mr Potter and Mrs Budge.

Their accounts will be published shortly so we will see their actual wage budget.

CropleyWasGod
16-11-2016, 09:24 AM

Is that the case? If so, where are they getting their information from? I'd doubt that the clubs would all freely disclose it.

I think it's more likely that the study does include bonuses, and is based on the accounts published by the clubs themselves.

Biggie
16-11-2016, 09:38 AM
When you look at these salaries (particularly Celtics) who in their right mind wouldn't go there if they came calling ?........a chance to quadruple their salaries for a couple of seasons and be made for life.
Massive gulf off and on the pitch....

JDHibs
16-11-2016, 09:41 AM
How can you include bonus' in salaries when they are performance based?

You cant.

Your salary is what you will receive minimum per annum. I.e £50k based on performances, appearances, goals etc you may end up receiving £70k, but that cant be accounted for in a study like this as this is a variable.

Salary is a constant. Would make the study null and void if it added in variables aspects.

CropleyWasGod
16-11-2016, 09:48 AM

You cant.

Your salary is what you will receive minimum per annum. I.e £50k based on performances, appearances, goals etc you may end up receiving £70k, but that cant be accounted for in a study like this as this is a variable.

Salary is a constant. Would make the study null and void if it added in variables aspects.

Where would they get their information from if it's just basic salaries?

JeMeSouviens
16-11-2016, 09:49 AM

You cant.

Salaries are a private matter between the players and the clubs. Is it not more likely the figures in the study are arrived at by taking total playing staff costs (from published accounts and will include bonuses) and dividing by squad size?

greenginger
16-11-2016, 10:01 AM
Salaries are a private matter between the players and the clubs. Is it not more likely the figures in the study are arrived at by taking total playing staff costs (from published accounts and will include bonuses) and dividing by squad size?

Rangers accounts for last season state £ 6.4 million was the wage bill for the first team squad.

Hearts accounts for last year have not been published yet, so if the journo is looking at their accounts, he is looking at them in the Championship.

JDHibs
16-11-2016, 10:19 AM
Having read the article properly, there are contradictions. Headline states "salaries" which wouldnt include bonus' etc. But before the actual table it says "First team wage" which would include both salaries and bonus'.

Suggesting they have taken the figures from the most recent accounts of the teams and simply divided it by the registered first team. Would have been alot better if it was based on basic salaries only.

So basically something any one of us could have done....

southern hibby
16-11-2016, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE=CropleyWasGod;4859837]Where would they get their information from if it's just basic salaries?[/
Got told years back about players tax returns being used to work out wages each month. The differences between months with wins, goals etc all taken into account and worked out that way. Have no idea if this is true or not, just passing on what I was informed.

Same person who told me told me that you can ( if your going for a job) get this info ( not sure how you would even go about getting it) and if asked what type of wages do you think you should be looking for you have a ball park figure.

GGTTH

CropleyWasGod
16-11-2016, 05:01 PM
[QUOTE=CropleyWasGod;4859837]Where would they get their information from if it's just basic salaries?[/
Got told years back about players tax returns being used to work out wages each month. The differences between months with wins, goals etc all taken into account and worked out that way. Have no idea if this is true or not, just passing on what I was informed.

Same person who told me told me that you can ( if your going for a job) get this info ( not sure how you would even go about getting it) and if asked what type of wages do you think you should be looking for you have a ball park figure.

GGTTH

Can't see that would be the case. Players' Tax Returns (indeed, anybody's) are confidential.