PDA

View Full Version : January transfers

Unseen work
15-11-2016, 04:43 PM
Anyone heard any rumours about January?

Only one I have seen mentioned is GMS, not sure how accurate that is tho.

Personally would like to see us go for

Miles Storey
Myles Hippolyte
Simon Murray
New fullbacks who have better on the ball, attacking quality.

I think the following will make way

Harris
Graham - yes, even though he just signed
Handling
Martin - loan

Also does anyone know how Stanton is getting on at Dumbarton?

MWHIBBIES
15-11-2016, 04:53 PM
What did Hippolyte do on Saturday that made you think he is even remotely good enough for Hibs? He was absolutely dreadful. McGregor outpacing him when he had a 15-yard headstart was laughable.

Graham has been good when he has played, won't be going anywhere.

staunchhibby
15-11-2016, 04:58 PM
Sam is enjoying his time at Dunbarton.He is getting game time

Unseen work
15-11-2016, 05:01 PM
What did Hippolyte do on Saturday that made you think he is even remotely good enough for Hibs? He was absolutely dreadful. McGregor outpacing him when he had a 15-yard headstart was laughable.

Graham has been good when he has played, won't be going anywhere.

On Saturday? Nothing.

On previous viewings of him, a good winger that hugs the touch line that is confident and takes players on.

Something we do no have

danhibees1875
15-11-2016, 05:11 PM
I don't think we'd get storey or Murray. I don't think we'd go for hippolyte - although he was probably one of the better players for livi last season (then again, Stanton was probably another if we're using that barometer).

I'd like to keep Graham - and use him more.

Diclonius
15-11-2016, 05:12 PM
Priority for January: a winger.

Then another winger.

A couple wingers would be good as well.

:aok:

Unseen work
15-11-2016, 05:16 PM
I don't think we'd get storey or Murray. I don't think we'd go for hippolyte - although he was probably one of the better players for livi last season (then again, Stanton was probably another if we're using that barometer).

I'd like to keep Graham - and use him more.

Was hoping for storey on loan, barely gets a look in at Aberdeen

davym7062
15-11-2016, 05:19 PM
Henderson!!!!! We miss him badly

calumhibee1
15-11-2016, 05:20 PM
Hendo
GMS
And break the bank on a striker on loan from an EPL team (I don't have anyone in mind, but that's not my job).

HoboHarry
15-11-2016, 05:25 PM
Anyone heard any rumours about January?

Only one I have seen mentioned is GMS, not sure how accurate that is tho.

Personally would like to see us go for

Miles Storey
Myles Hippolyte
Simon Murray
New fullbacks who have better on the ball, attacking quality.

I think the following will make way

Harris
Graham - yes, even though he just signed
Handling
Martin - loan

Also does anyone know how Stanton is getting on at Dumbarton?

Why would anyone buy Handling when he is clearly unfit after his absence?

Vini1875
15-11-2016, 05:40 PM
Goal scoring striker and Hendo. For me our defence and midfield are fine, but not putting the ball in the net could really cost us again.

ancient hibee
15-11-2016, 06:06 PM
Goal scoring striker and Hendo. For me our defence and midfield are fine, but not putting the ball in the net could really cost us again.

If the midfield is fine who drops out for Henderson?

Michael
15-11-2016, 06:11 PM
GMS is pretty much exactly what we're missing. Realistically though, I think there would be a lot of interest in him.

superfurryhibby
15-11-2016, 06:27 PM

I think I read that the combined goals tally for our midfielders was two so far this season. That suggests that the problem with scoring lies elsewhere and not with the strikers.

Would like to see a winger and a left sided full back in the door.

Harris, Handling, Martin and Crane can all go out on loan.

Steve20
15-11-2016, 06:27 PM
Striker, winger and Henderson would be good. We certainly need a few additions.

HibbyAndy
15-11-2016, 06:35 PM
On Saturday? Nothing.

On previous viewings of him, a good winger that hugs the touch line that is confident and takes players on.

Something we do no have

Lol

J-C
15-11-2016, 06:44 PM
I know there's some loyalty towards Stevenson and Gray and their positions is where I'd strengthen but Lennon won't want to shift them on mid-season, he may just let their contracts run down. I think he now sees Boyle as an out and out striker, so he may look for 2 proper wingers to give us pace and width we need. I prefer a combination of McGinn, Dylan and Shinnie, I personally don't think Fyvie brings enough variation, in saying that Dylans injuries are always a problem.

Brooster
15-11-2016, 07:08 PM
Priority for January: a winger.

Then another winger.

A couple wingers would be good as well.

:aok:

A winger is Lennon's priority as well. He has his eye on one....not from these shores though. LB position also needs looked at. If we start converting more chances we will win this league.....goalscorer required.

Heisenberg
15-11-2016, 07:14 PM
A winger is Lennon's priority as well. He has his eye on one....not from these shores though. LB position also needs looked at. If we start converting more chances we will win this league.....goalscorer required.

Is Ireland included in these shores? :greengrin

Ozyhibby
15-11-2016, 07:22 PM
GMS on one wing and Henderson the other. With 3 at the back we should not need Stevenson and Gray.
That should help us create better chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aldo
15-11-2016, 07:22 PM

Good to hear and totally agree!

Same old at the moment... Unable to put the ball in net and finishing teams off.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-11-2016, 07:24 PM
Who was that boy in defence on Saturday for Falkirk? Had a really good game. Not sure if he is always good but was impressive at the weekend.

Hibee87
15-11-2016, 07:36 PM
Who was that boy in defence on Saturday for Falkirk? Had a really good game. Not sure if he is always good but was impressive at the weekend.

Gasperotto seems to be a good prospect. 22 I think he is, Canadian but was at rangers for a while I think.

R'Albin
15-11-2016, 07:43 PM

Is he out of contact and available now or will it be in January?

Nicho87
15-11-2016, 10:04 PM
Irish footy journalist confirmed to me on twitter we were looking at a winger Dylan Connolly. Speedy, 21 year old attracting interest from a couple of clubs.

Unseen work
15-11-2016, 10:27 PM
Lol

You clearly think we have plenty of width, pace and attacking options then.

Good insight regardless

Ozyhibby
15-11-2016, 10:32 PM
Irish footy journalist confirmed to me on twitter we were looking at a winger Dylan Connolly. Speedy, 21 year old attracting interest from a couple of clubs.

Quick YouTube search reveals that he is indeed rapid. Like Ivan Sproule on a m.......oh, never mind.

JDHibs
16-11-2016, 07:01 AM
People should learn the difference between realistic and fantasy.

Henderson wont be coming back here in January, hes getting game time, played in champs league, Hibs wont pay a fee & Hendo wont come back on loan.

We wont be bringing in any Full backs as we have Gray & Eardley on one side and Stevenson & Crane on the other. IT will be a winger.

GMS could be possible on loan to help with his recovery from injury.

The young Irish lad would be a good shout, have only heard good things about him and is seen as an exciting prospect over there.

Hippolyte would be possible wage wise i imagine, dont know how long his contract is for however for a fee. Havent seen enough of him to know if hes good enough for us.

Our team is screaming out for wingers and has been for a few seasons now so be good to finally get something sorted.

keep the faith
16-11-2016, 07:15 AM
We always shout about the need for wingers on transfer windows and we always bring them in. Yet we hardly play them.
Jake sinclair, dan carmichael, mat done, Matt kennedy, dan galbraith. Alex harris. Even ivan in his second stay here.

Solid argument that these players were not the answer of course, but we have shown a reluctance to play with wingers over the last 5 or so years. No point in bringing in width unless we use it.

J-C
16-11-2016, 07:37 AM
We always shout about the need for wingers on transfer windows and we always bring them in. Yet we hardly play them.
Jake sinclair, dan carmichael, mat done, Matt kennedy, dan galbraith. Alex harris. Even ivan in his second stay here.

Solid argument that these players were not the answer of course, but we have shown a reluctance to play with wingers over the last 5 or so years. No point in bringing in width unless we use it.

Look at the SPFL. Hayes and McGinn at Aberdeen, Forrest and Sinclair at Celtic, Mackay and O'Halloran at The Rangers, they all have wide players who either play at the same time or only one plays. The big problem is these teams only play with one man up top in a 4-2-3-1 formation or in a 4-3-3 with 2 attacking wide forwards, the most important thing here is that all these teams have supporting wingbacks who work together with the wide men.

If we want to play with width, we'd have to play a 4-3-3 which means we drop a striker and have say Keatings (left) and Boyle (right) with either Cummings, Holt or Graham through the middle, 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 inverted Xmas tree could also work, this is the reason Griffiths can't get a game just now as Dembele has came in and is scoring.

Our problem is we're still playing far too narrow, so everything gets jammed uo through the middle and tems can defend that a lot easier, so it's either 2 really good new wingbacks or bite the bullet and play with one out and out striker.

Enough said
16-11-2016, 07:39 AM

He has never been good enough anyway

J-C
16-11-2016, 07:48 AM
He has never been good enough anyway

One thing that was said about Jim McDonagh's time in charge of the development team was that technically the players were all very good but physically and mentally way behind other teams. Just look at the players produced during his time in charge of the youngsters, Handling, Harris and Stanton all technically good but never looked ready for regular 1st team action, too easily pushed off the ball and not mentally strong enough to roll the sleeves up and get stuck right in.

andrew70
16-11-2016, 07:55 AM
People should learn the difference between realistic and fantasy.

Henderson wont be coming back here in January, hes getting game time, played in champs league, Hibs wont pay a fee & Hendo wont come back on loan.

We wont be bringing in any Full backs as we have Gray & Eardley on one side and Stevenson & Crane on the other. IT will be a winger.

GMS could be possible on loan to help with his recovery from injury.

The young Irish lad would be a good shout, have only heard good things about him and is seen as an exciting prospect over there.

Hippolyte would be possible wage wise i imagine, dont know how long his contract is for however for a fee. Havent seen enough of him to know if hes good enough for us.

Our team is screaming out for wingers and has been for a few seasons now so be good to finally get something sorted.

Is Neal not only here 'til January?

Look at the SPFL. Hayes and McGinn at Aberdeen, Forrest and Sinclair at Celtic, Mackay and O'Halloran at The Rangers, they all have wide players who either play at the same time or only one plays. The big problem is these teams only play with one man up top in a 4-2-3-1 formation or in a 4-3-3 with 2 attacking wide forwards, the most important thing here is that all these teams have supporting wingbacks who work together with the wide men.

If we want to play with width, we'd have to play a 4-3-3 which means we drop a striker and have say Keatings (left) and Boyle (right) with either Cummings, Holt or Graham through the middle, 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 inverted Xmas tree could also work, this is the reason Griffiths can't get a game just now as Dembele has came in and is scoring.

Our problem is we're still playing far too narrow, so everything gets jammed uo through the middle and tems can defend that a lot easier, so it's either 2 really good new wingbacks or bite the bullet and play with one out and out striker.

100% spot on.

JDHibs
16-11-2016, 08:02 AM
I believe Eardley was just a short term contract with an option, an option we will probably take as hes here on the cheap.

If not we have young Donaldson in the development team who im sure is a RB and making some very good and solid appearances for them.

biotech
16-11-2016, 08:59 AM
Sadly, I think we need to let Dylan go. He's a luxury we just can't afford right now.

Unseen work
16-11-2016, 09:46 AM
I'm not sure Henderson is the answer.

Great player but not the type of player we are screaming out for at the moment

Unseen work
16-11-2016, 09:48 AM

He is starting to train with the first team again.

He is a good player that plenty of clubs would be willing to take on a free

Smartie
16-11-2016, 09:53 AM
He is starting to train with the first team again.

He is a good player that plenty of clubs would be willing to take on a free

If he's taken the opportunity to bulk up a bit when he's been out, he might come back a different player.

Handling's a strange player - whilst he's never quite looked 100% up to it, imo we've always looked a better team with him in it. He's a tidy passer who plays more incisive forward passes than any other player. If you couple that up with the fact he's a decent finisher (some might say a striker) he has a lot of the attributes we're currently crying out for.

scoopyboy
16-11-2016, 09:57 AM
One good winger and one good striker is what we will get in during the January window. Quality rather than quantity, heard that somewhere before eh.:greengrin

Unless a player is sold then I don't think we will get anything else coming in. Injuries may change this but hopefully not.

The above all in my opinion of course.

GreenOnions
16-11-2016, 10:01 AM

Not one for January but Luke Leahy of Falkirk has impressed me at left back whenever I've seen him. Bit of physical stature to him and only 23 years old so plenty time to develop his game too.

JDHibs
16-11-2016, 10:02 AM
Dont get the desire to bring in any new strikers given the fact we have -

Cummings
Holt
Boyle
Graham &
Keatings

All of whom would walk into any other team in this league.

Maybe if the service they received was decent they would score more. Cant exactly score goals when most crosses either hit the first man or are 20 yards over hit can they?

cabbageandribs1875
16-11-2016, 10:14 AM

Cummings
Holt
Boyle
Graham &
Keatings

Maybe if the service they received was decent they would score more. Cant exactly score goals when most crosses either hit the first man or are 20 yards over hit can they?

all of this :agree:

GreenOnions
16-11-2016, 10:22 AM

Cummings
Holt
Boyle
Graham &
Keatings

This is my take on it. Each of these strikers has shown they can score goals and you've got to imagine that Lennon thought/thinks that this group of five was/is enough for him in that position.

The two more important issues are that we don't really get goals from central midfield and we are poor in the wide areas going forward. The quality of our delivery into the box from wide is very poor and there's little in the way of pace.

If we're going to play a narrow midfield via either a diamond or 3-5-2 then there's a lot of attacking responsibility on the shoulders of our full-backs. Gray and Stevenson are excellent full-backs but IMO, if we're going to play narrow, they are not able to deliver what we need in the final third to create the chances we need.

I think a quality wide player with a bit of pace and a final ball is exactly what we need.

andrew70
16-11-2016, 10:53 AM

Cummings
Holt
Boyle
Graham &
Keatings

Yet we regularly create 15+ chances with only a third of them hitting the target and even less resulting in goals.

How many chances do we need to create to win games?

Their conversion rate as a collective strikeforce is poor, even allowing for the fact we struggle to cross a ball.

The chances are being created they are just not putting them away. That is a fact that can't be argued with.

Ozyhibby
16-11-2016, 11:02 AM
Brendan Rodgers has just told the Celtic AGM that he has to cut the size of his squad.
Hopefully open up an opportunity for us.

JDHibs
16-11-2016, 11:22 AM
How many of the chances being created are clear cut from a good pass or a good cross? Some of the "shots" on Saturday were from people trying to head a poor cross to try and force something to happen. Do you know how hard it is to get a clean shot away when there are 8 opposition players in the box?

Atleast 6 attempts were McGinn from distance.

Our strikers have scored 17 of 23 goals in the league. They can all score goals if provided for properly.

You could put any striker you want up front, if the service to him is crap, he wont score. Thats a fact.

scoopyboy
16-11-2016, 11:26 AM
How many of the chances being created are clear cut from a good pass or a good cross? Some of the "shots" on Saturday were from people trying to head a poor cross to try and force something to happen. Do you know how hard it is to get a clean shot away when there are 8 opposition players in the box?

Our strikers have scored 17 of 23 goals in the league. They can all score goals if provided for properly.

You could put any striker you want up front, if the service to him is crap, he wont score. Thats a fact.

Leigh Griffiths:na na:

kept us up scoring 28 goals in a season without a helluva lot of help.

J-C
16-11-2016, 11:30 AM
One good winger and one good striker is what we will get in during the January window. Quality rather than quantity, heard that somewhere before eh.:greengrin

Unless a player is sold then I don't think we will get anything else coming in. Injuries may change this but hopefully not.

The above all in my opinion of course.

Do you think if a striker is coming in maybe Cummings going out, he does seem to be out of favour just now.

JDHibs
16-11-2016, 11:42 AM
Always one person who decides to be wide.

Griffiths had McGivern, Clancy and Maybury who are better crossers than we have as defenders.

Also we used wide players such as Doyle, Wotherspoon and Cairney, who again, are better crosses than what we currently have, as we dont have any wide midfielders.

So when Griffiths was here, he had normally 4 players who could atleast put in a decent cross, never mind Claros who wasnt bad and Robertson, again who was alright at passing, aiding him.

When you say "helluva lot of help", when you break it down, he had more help than our current strikers. Plus teams are more defensive against us and give us less space, making them harder to break through and making good chances hard to come by...

But lets go sign a multi million £ striker, give him more crap service so he doesnt score, then go down the tubes... sounds like a great idea...

andrew70
16-11-2016, 11:47 AM

Griffiths had McGivern, Clancy and Maybury who are better crossers than we have as defenders.

Also we used wide players such as Doyle, Wotherspoon and Cairney, who again, are better crosses than what we currently have, as we dont have any wide midfielders.

So when Griffiths was here, he had normally 4 players who could atleast put in a decent cross, never mind Claros who wasnt bad and Robertson, again who was alright at passing, aiding him.

When you say "helluva lot of help", when you break it down, he had more help than our current strikers. Plus teams are more defensive against us and give us less space, making them harder to break through and making good chances hard to come by...

But lets go sign a multi million £ striker, give him more crap service so he doesnt score, then go down the tubes... sounds like a great idea...

Good god give it up now please. Both were complete and utter toilet.

I won't bother going into the rest of them.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
16-11-2016, 11:47 AM

Jeezo, you make that team sound brilliant.

Not how i remember it.

For what its worth though, i agree the griffiths comparison is poor just because he was exceptional.

JDHibs
16-11-2016, 11:50 AM
That team was awful and they players were awful. Not denying that. Overall Gray and Stevenson are better players/defenders, but both have the same weakness, they cant cross, they cant go past someone either.

Would still rather have them crossing to our strikers than 2 defenders who cant cross.

GreenPJ
16-11-2016, 12:07 PM

8 opposition players in the box also mean its harder to pick out an effective cross surely (admittedly no excuse for not getting past the first man)

Billy Whizz
16-11-2016, 12:16 PM
Brendan Rodgers has just told the Celtic AGM that he has to cut the size of his squad.
Hopefully open up an opportunity for us.

Who do you fancy

scoopyboy
16-11-2016, 12:23 PM

Tim Clancy lol. You've just lost any street cred you ever had (if any) with that one.

Care to direct me to any assists McGivern and Clancy had that help keep us up.

I never suggested signing a multi million £ striker, that's something you completely made up.

The Sundance Kid
16-11-2016, 12:40 PM

While I don't disagree with your overall point that our strikers at time do lack good service, the assertion that our full backs in Fenlon's side had a better final ball than Gray and Stevenson is just nonsense frankly.

In the 2012/13 season when Griffiths scored 28 goals, McGivern had 1 assist, Clancy and Maybury had none. In the following season when again all 3 were at the club: McGivern and Maybury had 1 assist all season while again Clancy never managed one.

In contrast, during our first season down Stevenson had 8 assists and Gray had 4, while last season Stevenson had 8 and Gray had 7 assists

JDHibs
16-11-2016, 12:45 PM
Not sure how many Clancy got.

But for example, Stevenson and Gray have 1 assist each this season in the league.

How many crosses do you think they have both attempted this season? Keeping in mind the way we play and we are 13 games into the league season.

blackpoolhibs
16-11-2016, 12:51 PM
While I don't disagree with your overall point that our strikers at time do lack good service, the assertion that our full backs in Fenlon's side had a better final ball than Gray and Stevenson is just nonsense frankly.

In the 2012/13 season when Griffiths scored 28 goals, McGivern had 1 assist, Clancy and Maybury had none. In the following season when again all 3 were at the club: McGivern and Maybury had 1 assist all season while again Clancy never managed one.

In contrast, during our first season down Stevenson had 8 assists and Gray had 4, while last season Stevenson had 8 and Gray had 7 assists

Tim ****in Clancy, now there's a man who could hide better than Brian Kerr. Its no surprise that man never created any chances, as he never actually played any football in his time at the club, apart from the odd howler.

northstandhibby
16-11-2016, 01:00 PM

All of the best strikers could always fashion a goal out of nothing.

Kenny Dalgleish would expertly shield the ball then turn on a sixpence and lash the ball home.

hibee92
16-11-2016, 01:09 PM
I'd imagine we'll go back to Peter Pawlett? Or did he get a move elsewhere?

keep the faith
16-11-2016, 01:10 PM
Who do you fancy

I will get lynched on here for saying who I would like from Celtic but he is currently on loan at rotherham.....

Ozyhibby
16-11-2016, 01:23 PM
Who do you fancy

GMS, Henderson, Commons or Allan would all improve us and not getting game time at Celtic.

Smartie
16-11-2016, 01:30 PM
All of the best strikers could always fashion a goal out of nothing.

Kenny Dalgleish would expertly shield the ball then turn on a sixpence and lash the ball home.

Not all of them, there are different types of striker.

Lineker or McCoist wouldn't get many without service. How many goals did Van Nistelrooy ever get outside the box? Big target men are effective and can offer a lot creatively as well but they have to have the ball knocked up to them in the right way.

Griffiths was magnificent but he created just about everything for himself. I've never seen a player who could do so much by himself.

When he left it was a catastrophe, not just because we didn't replace him with good enough strikers but because we didn't address the supply chain either. Fenlon only had Harris and Cairney who could play wide, and they both promptly got injured. We didn't even play the diamond in those days, we just persisted with the likes of Liam Craig out wide.

For all he's one of my least favourite all-time Hibs players, there's still a bit of me that thinks James Collins could have thrived with better service. Yes, he missed a good few but he didn't ever get anything like as many chances as Jason Cummings has had.

I don't think the supply from Stevenson and Gray is good enough as our primary outlet out wide, but I'm not going to get dewy eyed about the great assists we got from McGivern and Clancy either.

It has been a failing of ours for about a decade that we've struggled to join up the midfield and the strikers. We've struggled to create enough of the kind of chance that our strikers take. I honestly don't know what the answer is but we've not had solid, consistent attacking wide players for donkeys and it may just be that we lack that.

But whilst we're throwing names like McGivern, Clancy and Maybury about, we would do well to just be grateful for the positives that our current fullbacks do offer before going chucking the baby out with the bathwater.

Col2
16-11-2016, 01:45 PM
For me it's simple. It's BOTH supply and finishing.

However we are not going to get 4-5 players in this window so in order or priority and ensuring quality is a must:-

1. Winger - GMS/Pawlett
2. Striker / Number 10 - Commons/Allan/ Henderson
3. Left back - competition for Lewis

If we remain concerned about Dylan then we need someone to fill the gap especially as we don't have Hendo.

Bostonhibby
16-11-2016, 01:48 PM
Tim ****in Clancy, now there's a man who could hide better than Brian Kerr. Its no surprise that man never created any chances, as he never actually played any football in his time at the club, apart from the odd howler.
Just what I was thinking, he'd need to be off the treatment table to do an assist. Another waste of a wage

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

Craig_HFC
16-11-2016, 02:01 PM
I'm genuinely amazed that any Hibs supporter has ANYTHING remotely positive to say about Tim Clancy or Ryan ****ing McGivern.

Total imposters.

northstandhibby
16-11-2016, 02:06 PM
Not all of them, there are different types of striker.

Lineker or McCoist wouldn't get many without service. How many goals did Van Nistelrooy ever get outside the box? Big target men are effective and can offer a lot creatively as well but they have to have the ball knocked up to them in the right way.

Griffiths was magnificent but he created just about everything for himself. I've never seen a player who could do so much by himself.

When he left it was a catastrophe, not just because we didn't replace him with good enough strikers but because we didn't address the supply chain either. Fenlon only had Harris and Cairney who could play wide, and they both promptly got injured. We didn't even play the diamond in those days, we just persisted with the likes of Liam Craig out wide.

For all he's one of my least favourite all-time Hibs players, there's still a bit of me that thinks James Collins could have thrived with better service. Yes, he missed a good few but he didn't ever get anything like as many chances as Jason Cummings has had.

I don't think the supply from Stevenson and Gray is good enough as our primary outlet out wide, but I'm not going to get dewy eyed about the great assists we got from McGivern and Clancy either.

It has been a failing of ours for about a decade that we've struggled to join up the midfield and the strikers. We've struggled to create enough of the kind of chance that our strikers take. I honestly don't know what the answer is but we've not had solid, consistent attacking wide players for donkeys and it may just be that we lack that.

But whilst we're throwing names like McGivern, Clancy and Maybury about, we would do well to just be grateful for the positives that our current fullbacks do offer before going chucking the baby out with the bathwater.

You make a fair point about service to poacher type strikers like Lineker/McCoist etcetera. Your'e right to correct me on that. For me the best ones were the ones like Dalgleish Rush Keegan who could all drop a shoulder or turn on a sixpence and make the room for themselves to make things happen for themselves and fire it home.

Our own Keith Wright was not bad at taking the ball and making things happen without it being set up on a plate for him.

WoreTheGreen
16-11-2016, 02:07 PM
I'm genuinely amazed that any Hibs supporter has ANYTHING remotely positive to say about Tim Clancy or Ryan ****ing McGivern.

Total imposters.

His only highlights were in his hair

cabbageandribs1875
16-11-2016, 02:13 PM
to be fair to McGivern he was excellent for us(imo) on his loan period(before it was extended), credit where it's due and all that

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-11-2016, 02:15 PM
Hendo and GMS wouldn'f be too bad! Probably need to offload to get them in though.

Smartie
16-11-2016, 02:17 PM
to be fair to McGivern he was excellent for us(imo) on his loan period(before it was extended), credit where it's due and all that

I've never seen a player go downhill as much as he did.

He really looked the part to begin with, he looked like he was used to high standards being set at a club like Man City and immediately continued that with us.

He was lost at the end and it was like all our bad habits had rubbed off on him. The slackness in possession (not just the long, straight hoof but casually giving the ball away around our box) would have been unthinkable from the player who initially joined us on loan.

He was so bad towards the end, it becomes easy to forget how good he was to begin with.

cabbageandribs1875
16-11-2016, 02:20 PM
I've never seen a player go downhill as much as he did.

He really looked the part to begin with, he looked like he was used to high standards being set at a club like Man City and immediately continued that with us.

He was lost at the end and it was like all our bad habits had rubbed off on him. The slackness in possession (not just the long, straight hoof but casually giving the ball away around our box) would have been unthinkable from the player who initially joined us on loan.

He was so bad towards the end, it becomes easy to forget how good he was to begin with.

certainly can't disagree with that, baffling how much his performances went downhill

Ozyhibby
16-11-2016, 02:29 PM
certainly can't disagree with that, baffling how much his performances went downhill

The whole teams performances went through the floor at that time.

cabbageandribs1875
16-11-2016, 02:37 PM
The whole teams performances went through the floor at that time.

true, think i'm the only poster on here that did NOT blame butcher for it all :greengrin the players played their part unfortunately

JDHibs
16-11-2016, 02:38 PM
On a sidenote, McGivern is a starter for Shrewsbury in league 1, consistently picked for N.I squads and has 23 caps..

Cant be that a bad a player...

To be fair to him, there was a player there, we all seen it during his loan period, but he like many others were dreadful when we went down.

northstandhibby
16-11-2016, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE=JDHibs;4860042]On a sidenote, McGivern is a starter for Shrewsbury in league 1, consistently picked for N.I squads and has 23 caps..

To be fair to him, there was a player there, we all seen it during his loan period, but he like many others were dreadful when we went down.[/QUOTE

Agree with you he certainly began his time with us looking the part but it didn't work out as hoped. One player who looked the part but left far too quickly for my liking was Craig Rocastle.

Craig_HFC
16-11-2016, 02:43 PM
My point about Hibs supporters saying anything positive about Clancy or McGivern wasn't wholly to do with their ability, they were indeed pish but the most galling thing about them both was that they clearly couldn't give a **** about the club.

It wasn't just those 2 that this applies to but they're the only 2 mentioned on this thread.

Smartie
16-11-2016, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=JDHibs;4860042]On a sidenote, McGivern is a starter for Shrewsbury in league 1, consistently picked for N.I squads and has 23 caps..

To be fair to him, there was a player there, we all seen it during his loan period, but he like many others were dreadful when we went down.[/QUOTE

Agree with you he certainly began his time with us looking the part but it didn't work out as hoped. One player who looked the part but left far too quickly for my liking was Craig Rocastle.

Rocastle needed to play regular football at that stage in his career, he was getting it with us and he was doing well.

He had ideas above his station and his career suffered as a result.

JDHibs
16-11-2016, 02:50 PM
Someone mentioned Collins could have been a decent player for us bar the service he got, just checked, hes maintained a 1 goal in 3 appearances average over his whole career (270 appearances) bar the ill fated spell with us.

Again, show he can score goals!

J-C
16-11-2016, 02:56 PM
My point about Hibs supporters saying anything positive about Clancy or McGivern wasn't wholly to do with their ability, they were indeed pish but the most galling thing about them both was that they clearly couldn't give a **** about the club.

It wasn't just those 2 that this applies to but they're the only 2 mentioned on this thread.

Thing about McGivern was in his loan spell he was really good and linked up very well with Stevenson down the left, it was when he signed permanently his levels dropped as he was up George St all the time getting bevvied with Collins and the rest.

Frazerbob
16-11-2016, 03:07 PM

Bang on mate. McGivern is probably the Hibs player I dislike the most (and it's not as if we've had a shortage of contenders in recent years). Clearly had the ability but his attitude couldn't have been any worse. He cared more about posing for selfies whilst swigging Champers out a bottle in George Street than he did our club or us fans. A complete bell end of a man. Arrrrhhggg, I'm even angry thinking about him now! :grr:

northstandhibby
16-11-2016, 03:28 PM
[QUOTE=northstandhibby;4860043]

Rocastle needed to play regular football at that stage in his career, he was getting it with us and he was doing well.

He had ideas above his station and his career suffered as a result.

Spot on.

I thought he really looked a class midfielder. I was very disappointed when he left us far too quickly to go to Sheffield Wednesday as he could have done much better for himself.

MWHIBBIES
16-11-2016, 05:03 PM

Total imposters.McGivern was fine in his first 18 months. Brilliant in a win over Hearts.

Dunno why he gets so much flak, he had a bad time in a bad team.

Thecat23
16-11-2016, 05:08 PM
McGivern was fine in his first 18 months. Brilliant in a win over Hearts.

His first couple of months were fine. After that you would find him in Stockbridge pissed out his face. Him plus others had no interest on Hibs just the pull of being a "footballer" in the city. Boys a welt!

keep the faith
16-11-2016, 05:20 PM
McGivern was fine in his first 18 months. Brilliant in a win over Hearts.

Him and Nelson were my all time worst central defensive pairing ever at the club. Horrible player.

WhileTheChief..
16-11-2016, 05:36 PM
GMS, Henderson, Commons or Allan would all improve us and not getting game time at Celtic.

I'd gladly take all of them, give us plenty options :greengrin