PDA

View Full Version : Development game v St Johnstone

Billy Whizz
15-11-2016, 11:50 AM
Hibs playing St Johnstone away tonight, 6pm KO at Airdrie's Excelsior stadium, if anyone is intending going

Radium
15-11-2016, 12:04 PM
Hibs playing St Johnstone away tonight, 6pm KO at Airdrie's Excelsior stadium, if anyone is intending going

Thanks for putting this up - I had seen the tweet giving the 7pm kick-off time, but missed the correction

Tamhere1875
15-11-2016, 12:52 PM
Yip going threw to Airdrie to see the development team

R'Albin
15-11-2016, 12:55 PM
Is Cummings banned for this one?

Billy Whizz
15-11-2016, 12:57 PM
Is Cummings banned for this one?

Yes

Tamhere1875
15-11-2016, 01:01 PM
Might see a few first team players getting a run out tonight.

Billy Whizz
15-11-2016, 01:30 PM
Might see a few first team players getting a run out tonight.

I would have thought a few who haven't been playing much, like Graham and Bartley, maybe included

Maybe not then
Hibernian Development Squad: Virtanen; Porteous, Stirling, Crane; Donaldon, Martin, I.Murray, Mackie; Breen; Allan, Shaw

Billy Whizz
15-11-2016, 05:26 PM
subs: P.Martin, Smith, Watson, Gullan

Unseen work
15-11-2016, 05:31 PM
Getting A bit concerned about the lack of first team action Martin and Crane are getting

brog
15-11-2016, 05:35 PM
I would have thought a few who haven't been playing much, like Graham and Bartley, maybe included

Maybe not then
Hibernian Development Squad: Virtanen; Porteous, Stirling, Crane; Donaldon, Martin, I.Murray, Mackie; Breen; Allan, Shaw

Is that Sean Mackie back after his injury?

Billy Whizz
15-11-2016, 05:43 PM
Is that Sean Mackie back after his injury?

Must be, I'll confirm the when I'm i side, also must be the1st start for Jack Breen for a fair bit as well

Unseen work
15-11-2016, 05:44 PM
Must be, I'll confirm the when I'm i side, also must be the1st start for Jack Breen for a fair bit as well

Not a name iv seen mentioned before. Is he young or back from his jury or just not required standard?

Billy Whizz
15-11-2016, 05:52 PM
Not a name iv seen mentioned before. Is he young or back from his jury or just not required standard?

Started playing with us with he was 15, been injured for a bit

Yes it's Sean Mackie, good to see him back too

Billy Whizz
15-11-2016, 06:13 PM
1-0 Saints, hesitation in the Hibs defence, and striker knocks it past Virtanen

Billy Whizz
15-11-2016, 06:24 PM
1-1, good goal from Jack Breen. Cutback and half volley. Hibs starting to control the game, playing 352

007 Mickey Weir
15-11-2016, 06:29 PM
My nephew plays in midfield for St Js. Hope he does well. Big Hibs fan!

Billy Whizz
15-11-2016, 07:46 PM
2-1 Hibs, with a few mins to go. Fantastic ball in from Donaldson, and half volley from Shaw

silverhibee
15-11-2016, 07:50 PM
Is Lennon at the game.

Billy Whizz
15-11-2016, 07:52 PM
Is Lennon at the game.

Didn't see him
2-1 ft

silverhibee
15-11-2016, 07:55 PM
Didn't see him
2-1 ft

:aok: Billy.

ekhibee
15-11-2016, 08:25 PM
Didn't see him
2-1 ft
Thanks Billy, I live in the West these days and can't really make many of the development games so it's good of you to keep us informed.

BSEJVT
15-11-2016, 08:28 PM
Thanks Billy

Is Shaw anywhere near ready for first team football with Hibs?

Billy Whizz
15-11-2016, 08:50 PM
Thanks Billy, I live in the West these days and can't really make many of the development games so it's good of you to keep us informed.

No worries, try my best, I'm no Kenny Millar though😄
Good team performance tonight, although struggled for a bit in the 2nd half. Our youngsters are miles better than what the Saints have. It was good that the team was made up up mostly all development kids, rather than a few 1st team players getting match fitness, although I understand why they do this
Good to see returns from injury of Sean Mackie and Jack Breen. There return will bolster the squad

Billy Whizz
15-11-2016, 08:55 PM
Thanks Billy

Is Shaw anywhere near ready for first team football with Hibs?

Ollie is doing just fine, tneeds to get a wee bit stronger still for the step up.

Of the younger ones, really impressed with Ryan Porteous, gets better every week.
Also huge improvement in the right back Callum Donaldson, come on leaps and bounds this season

Billy Whizz
15-11-2016, 09:01 PM
That's Hibs now top of the development league, although Celtic have a few games in hand
Hearts are 2nd bottom😂

http://spfl.co.uk/development-league/

007 Mickey Weir
15-11-2016, 09:05 PM
That's Hibs now top of the development league, although Celtic have a few games in hand
Hearts are 2nd bottom😂

http://spfl.co.uk/development-league/

How did Daniel Jardine get on for St Johnstone?

indiejak1413
15-11-2016, 09:43 PM
Getting A bit concerned about the lack of first team action Martin and Crane are getting
Watch these guys every week and can't understand why the club are keeping them. Obviously NL can see them every day in training and must think they're not good enough. I know Crane asked for a loan move twice and was told "no way". Martin must look at the midfield for the 1st team and scratch his head in bewilderment at why he's not playing. I also hear Crane has been offered another year on his contract but hasn't signed it yet.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

scoopyboy
15-11-2016, 10:03 PM
Watch these guys every week and can't understand why the club are keeping them. Obviously NL can see them every day in training and must think they're not good enough. I know Crane asked for a loan move twice and was told "no way". Martin must look at the midfield for the 1st team and scratch his head in bewilderment at why he's not playing. I also hear Crane has been offered another year on his contract but hasn't signed it yet.

Who in the midfield do you think Martin must be scratching his head at?

Bishop Hibee
15-11-2016, 10:05 PM

Would Martin really get his game ahead of McGinn or Fyvie?

BoomtownHibees
15-11-2016, 10:09 PM
Would Martin really get his game ahead of McGinn or Fyvie?

Or Bartley, Shinnie or Mcgeouch (when fit)

indiejak1413
15-11-2016, 10:20 PM
Or Bartley, Shinnie or Mcgeouch (when fit)
Ok agree with you guys. Maybe i was to hasty with my comment. The thing is he's not gonna get any better unless he gets 1st team football. So why is he there. I watched Mcgeogh last week v Kilmarnock and he hogged the ball , kept going around in circles and kinda didnt really show up very well IMO, but on sSaturday he's on the bench. I still think Mcgeoghs a good player but whats the point for Martin to give 100% for the 20s when he knows he's no chance of a game for 1st team.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tamhere1875
15-11-2016, 10:25 PM
The manager stated at the AGM that Martin and Crane where very close to making more first team appearances but won't rush in to using them.
The performances of the development team of late have been excellent and when you look at the average age of the team it's among the lowest in the league.
The club have got a great bunch of lads in this group and having watched the development team over the last few years this is the best group of players we have had in that time.

indiejak1413
15-11-2016, 10:31 PM
The manager stated at the AGM that Martin and Crane where very close to making more first team appearances but won't rush in to using them.
The performances of the development team of late have been excellent and when you look at the average age of the team it's among the lowest in the league.
The club have got a great bunch of lads in this group and having watched the development team over the last few years this is the best group of players we have had in that time.
The development team have played well recently and at the end of the day it's the managers decision on who plays. Some of the football played has been very entertaining at times hopefully some of these guys make a breakthrough.

brog
15-11-2016, 11:00 PM
No worries, try my best, I'm no Kenny Millar though😄
Good team performance tonight, although struggled for a bit in the 2nd half. Our youngsters are miles better than what the Saints have. It was good that the team was made up up mostly all development kids, rather than a few 1st team players getting match fitness, although I understand why they do this
Good to see returns from injury of Sean Mackie and Jack Breen. There return will bolster the squad
Thanks Billy, appreciated as ever.

wookie70
15-11-2016, 11:19 PM
Martin has done well in the first team when he has played and has more of a goal threat than most of our midfielders from what I have seen.

Unseen work
15-11-2016, 11:33 PM
We have a very good midfield so it is hard for Martin to get game time, especially when we already have mcgeouch and Bartley on the bench.

I could see Martin leaving and starring for a team like Falkirk.

He has fantastic attributes

hibsbollah
15-11-2016, 11:58 PM
I could see Martin leaving and starring for a team like Falkirk.

He has fantastic attributes

:sick:

JDHibs
16-11-2016, 08:10 AM
TO be honest if things keep going they way they are i can see McGeough & Bartley being let go.

McGeough because of his injury problems, unless he puts in a really good injury free run, i cant remember him playing 5 matches in a row since he joined. No good having him if he cant get fit.

Bartley because at his age he wont want to sit on the bench forever, hes barely getting any game time because of McGinn & Fyvie and both of them are first picks. That would make room for Martin.

Crane and Martin are highly thought of at the club and both are going no where. Hopefully they get integrated into the first team in the near future.

Ronniekirk
16-11-2016, 08:25 AM
TO be honest if things keep going they way they are i can see McGeough & Bartley being let go.

McGeough because of his injury problems, unless he puts in a really good injury free run, i cant remember him playing 5 matches in a row since he joined. No good having him if he cant get fit.

Bartley because at his age he wont want to sit on the bench forever, hes barely getting any game time because of McGinn & Fyvie and both of them are first picks. That would make room for Martin.

Crane and Martin are highly thought of at the club and both are going no where. Hopefully they get integrated into the first team in the near future.

We will probably persevere with Mcgeoch as he is on a longer contract than some of the others and if on form and fit he makes a difference driving the team forward
But this season he just hasnt got gping and the continual imjury issue must be getting to him

Unseen work
16-11-2016, 10:49 AM

Can't see Bartley being let go, important player for us who Lennon rates

JDHibs
16-11-2016, 11:06 AM
Bartley is out of contract in the summer & hes 31 in the summer. Someone that age will want to be playing. He wont get infront of McGinn, Fyvie and McGeough when fit. There is absolutely no need to play him when we are using 3 centre backs in this league, which means he will spend the next 6 months on the bench with minimal sub apps unless we get 2 or 3 injuries.

So why would he stay?

Id rather bring through a young player with potential than keep an older player on a higher wage. Rather than spend a fortune training a player up then releasing him.