PDA

View Full Version : John mcmahon

Bill Milne
15-11-2016, 10:17 AM
I have just found out that John, a founder member of Edinburgh West Branch, has died and funeral is at Seafield on Thursday 17th at 2 pm. John was also a long time member of St Giles Branch and I'm sure many on these pages will have fond memories of a great guy and loyal Hibby. It has been said many times on these pages since 21st May but I am so glad John lived to see us win the Cup!! RIP, John.

offshorehibby
15-11-2016, 10:53 AM
Sad new Billy, heard yesterday on FB yesterday. RIP John.

Liam978
15-11-2016, 11:06 AM
I have just found out that John, a founder member of Edinburgh West Branch, has died and funeral is at Seafield on Thursday 17th at 2 pm. John was also a long time member of St Giles Branch and I'm sure many on these pages will have fond memories of a great guy and loyal Hibby. It has been said many times on these pages since 21st May but I am so glad John lived to see us win the Cup!! RIP, John.

Thanks for that Billy,been trying to trace his whereabouts since he moved from Portobello,Hibs weren't much help even though as far as I know he was still a season ticket holder.

northstandhibby
15-11-2016, 11:10 AM
Always sad to hear of fellow hibbies passing on.

God bless.

zitelli62
15-11-2016, 11:41 AM
Reminds me of a song when I was young and going on the bus to away games to the tune of silent night (Edinburgh West Edinburgh West say goodbye to Georgie best) a classic at the time. Rip you seen what do many didn't.

Scouse Hibee
15-11-2016, 12:16 PM

A long shot but did this guy work in the Scottish office in the 90's?

erin go bragh
15-11-2016, 04:31 PM
Rip fellow Hibby.

Liam978
15-11-2016, 05:40 PM
A long shot but did this guy work in the Scottish office in the 90's?

Aye Scouse he did.security at St Andrews house, before that he was a guard with British rail.

Scouse Hibee
15-11-2016, 07:21 PM
Aye Scouse he did.security at St Andrews house, before that he was a guard with British rail.

Yes that's him he was a messenger in New St Andrews House when I worked there 94/96.Nice guy John, sorry to hear of his passing.

blackpoolhibs
15-11-2016, 09:18 PM
Sad to hear about this, there was many a time i was skint and could not afford the fare to an away game, but John would let me on and pay it back when i was flush.

A real nice man was John.

RIP John.

Hiber-nation
15-11-2016, 09:23 PM
Yes that's him he was a messenger in New St Andrews House when I worked there 94/96.Nice guy John, sorry to hear of his passing.

I'd forgotten about John, never seen him for ages. I worked there too and I remember him, so sorry to hear about this.

RIP John

c31
15-11-2016, 10:11 PM
RIP John, I remember him from years ago, great guy & great Hibby. I enjoyed being a member of Eddy West in the 80s & 90s, some very memorable trips!!!!