PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Garry O on Beeb News website

snooky
14-11-2016, 03:34 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37854406

This part caught my eye ....
"To get the move to Russia was down to football and Hibs to get a great transfer fee," he says. "I had 15% of it, which was £300,000, which I pumped into the youth academy, which they built East Mains with. It was down to Hibs wanting it to happen. I wasn't keen on it.
"The club was in a bit of trouble financially at that stage as well. I didn't want to go, there were other offers there from Rangers and down south.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-11-2016, 05:04 PM
Recycled Transcript of the interview on Sportsound.
Garry has been discribed as a bit of a fantasist in some quarters - well meaning but not shy of a tall story
or two. So bit unclear about whether this is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but.

The donation to Hibs has been banded around for some time so folks can probably comfirm. Whether it built EM maybe a bit of a stretch. It certainly helped but so did other fees.

mjhibby
14-11-2016, 05:39 PM
Garry has been discribed as a bit of a fantasist in some quarters - well meaning but not shy of a tall story
or two. So bit unclear about whether this is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but.

The donation to Hibs has been banded around for some time so folks can probably comfirm. Whether it built EM maybe a bit of a stretch. It certainly helped but so did other fees.

Did fletcher not allegedly do the same. Mind you given how much he has earned since leaving er I think he could afford to.

PISTOL1875
14-11-2016, 05:40 PM
David Murphy certainly donated his signing on fee when he left Hibs

beensaidbefore
14-11-2016, 06:14 PM
David Murphy certainly donated his signing on fee when he left Hibs

That's cos he's a f****n legend.😁

ChooseLife
15-11-2016, 10:19 AM
I seem to remember Fletcher's 3.5m being spent on the new stand, and a large portion of the 6.5m Brown/KT money going to the training centre.

O'Rourke3
15-11-2016, 05:30 PM

That was the story at the time.Garry started the trend IMO.

McD
16-11-2016, 06:27 AM
That was the story at the time.Garry started the trend IMO.

I thought Kenny miller did it before Garry, could be wrong though.

i thought the word at the time of Garry going to Moscow was that he signed his new deal with Hibs with an understanding that in doing so, any decent offer for him, Hibs wouldn't stand in his way, rather than him being pushed out.

jacomo
16-11-2016, 12:31 PM
I seem to remember Fletcher's 3.5m being spent on the new stand, and a large portion of the 6.5m Brown/KT money going to the training centre.

That was the club's decision.

What we are talking about here is several of the Golden Generation foregoing their personal slice of the transfer and giving to Hibs.

Garry O is a class act for doing that, and I wish him every success. Hardly the first young man to make mistakes or get caught up with the wrong crowd.