PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian Ladies and the Scottish Cup

ekhibee
14-11-2016, 10:00 AM
I was at the Falkirk game on Saturday, and was a bit surprised that there wasn't even a mention at half time, never mind a display of the trophy and the opportunity for the players to take it round the stadium. There might have been a perfectly reasonable reason for this of course, but just in my opinion, over the years Hibs have been pretty slow to contribute anything towards the Hibs Ladies team, although recently there has been a definite improvement. Hopefully there will be something at the QOS game this weekend.

NAE NOOKIE
14-11-2016, 12:05 PM
Hopefully the ladies will get a chance to parade the Scottish and League cups at the QOTS game, I was surprised they didn't make an appearance on Saturday ... perhaps they were all still pissed :greengrin

MurrayfieldHibs
14-11-2016, 01:36 PM
The club might have thought it wasn't appropriate to celebrate the latest cup win as the plans were in place for a remembrance ceremony?

Hopefull the ladies will get to show off their silverware at the QOS game.

MurrayfieldHibs
14-11-2016, 02:42 PM
The club might have thought it wasn't appropriate to celebrate the latest cup win as the plans were in place for a remembrance ceremony?

Hopefull the ladies will get to show off their silverware at the QOS game.

Saturday Boy
14-11-2016, 02:53 PM
Hibs Ladies striker Abi Harrison took part in the semi final draw for the Irn Bru cup this afternoon. Profile of the women's game definitely on the up.

If anyone's interested , St Mirren v. TNS and QOS v. Dundee Utd was the draw.

SouthMoroccoStu
14-11-2016, 04:29 PM

Good point MurrayfieldHibs! :aok:

Andy74
14-11-2016, 05:16 PM
Did the men's team get to parade their cup at a ladies game?

Jay
14-11-2016, 05:20 PM
Did the men's team get to parade their cup at a ladies game?

Are you for real? Andy you slaver some rubbish but this must be up there with some of the best. Youth teams often parade their cup, have you questioned that? Did the mens team parade their cup at the u14s?

Malthibby
14-11-2016, 06:34 PM
Are you for real? Andy you slaver some rubbish but this must be up there with some of the best. Youth teams often parade their cup, have you questioned that? Did the mens team parade their cup at the u14s?

:agree: Really hope to see the women at next week's game.
My wife and I were going totally ballistic watching the penalties on the i-Pad down Kelso way, to the complete bemusement of a couple
of huntin'/fishin' types standing at the bar. Not pretending it was the same as May Day, but it was great to watch and I was very proud it
was a Hibees team winning that cup.
Double cup winners, wee Euro adventure, what the hell's there not to like?
GG

cabbageandribs1875
14-11-2016, 06:55 PM
would be nice to give them a much deserved round of applause, maybe even an announcement of a hibernian ladies xmas calendar, just for a change likes :whistle:

Danderhall Hibs
14-11-2016, 06:58 PM

They're doing the tour just now. :hilarious

Andy74
14-11-2016, 08:08 PM

I wasn't being particularly serious.

sleeping giant
14-11-2016, 08:14 PM
I wasn't being particularly serious.

:greengrin

Forza Fred
14-11-2016, 10:18 PM
:greengrin

I think the Ladies Scottish cup should be added to the Persevere tour, along with a suitable representative.

It could maybe inspire a few school lassies to see that they too can dream to achieve football success within our/their club.

HoboHarry
15-11-2016, 03:06 AM
would be nice to give them a much deserved round of applause, maybe even an announcement of a hibernian ladies xmas calendar, just for a change likes :whistle:
I'll donate my services free of charge and do the photography.......but Martin Boyle has to agree it's OK to photo his bird - I couldn't have outrun him when I was at my best, far less nowadays.....

RoxburghHibs
15-11-2016, 05:28 AM
I was at the Falkirk game on Saturday, and was a bit surprised that there wasn't even a mention at half time, never mind a display of the trophy and the opportunity for the players to take it round the stadium. There might have been a perfectly reasonable reason for this of course, but just in my opinion, over the years Hibs have been pretty slow to contribute anything towards the Hibs Ladies team, although recently there has been a definite improvement. Hopefully there will be something at the QOS game this weekend.

I was sat next to Chris Roberts, at an Edinburgh Dance Academy show, on Saturday. We were watching our kids perform at the conference centre.

steve75
15-11-2016, 08:16 AM
They've won it 6 times in the last 13 years, and won the league cup 4 times in the last 11 years.

Is the clamour just because we also won the cup? I don't remember them parading anything before?

Not against the profile being raised, just curious.

franks
15-11-2016, 08:38 AM
Like the OP I was surprised the ladies cups weren't paraded on Saturday as Hibs have done this in the past. Murrayfieldhibs makes a good point though. Hopefully the ladies will get a chance on Saturday.

NAE NOOKIE
15-11-2016, 10:20 AM
They've won it 6 times in the last 13 years, and won the league cup 4 times in the last 11 years.

Is the clamour just because we also won the cup? I don't remember them parading anything before?

I wouldn't say its just because we have won the men's version, but it probably is a factor. Women's football has seen its profile rise considerably in the last few years, certainly in as much as the TV people have given it far wider coverage than at any time in history, the fact that 2,500 folk turned out to see the Bayern Munich game shows that if the conditions are right people are prepared to give it a nod at least and anybody who was a sceptic would have had their mind changed quick sharp after watching how Munich knocked the ball around.

Put it this way .... even if it was because of a certain novelty value factor the Hibs women's team can claim they have had a bigger attendance this season than about a third of Scotland's professional male teams :greengrin

Brightside
15-11-2016, 11:25 AM

in the past not many people cared. Thankfully education and promotion is changing that.

BSEJVT
15-11-2016, 11:58 AM
in the past not many people cared. Thankfully education and promotion is changing that.

I am sure in the past I have seen the Hibs Ladies parade things at ER

I am lucky enough to know their captain Joelle Murray and her and her teammates dedication to their sport is very strong.

Whilst there aren't the bigot sisters to contend with for them, be in no doubt that Glasgow are a formidable team who provide many of the Scotland Women's team and no-one should underestimate their achievements this season.

I know Joelle is and always has been a big Hibs Supporter and i know how much it will have meant to her to win the women's cup, particularly in the year we won the Scottish cup.

I would support anything that had a Hibs badge on it and I find it a little sad and tiresome that some, not necessarily on this thread, continue to sneer at the women's game.

You only need to look at Time for Heroes or for that matter any Hibs home game to see how many women and girls now support Hibs. My daughter for example is Hibs daft.

Why we cant support them in rising to the top of their competitions just flat out baffles me.

I don't expect everyone to be interested in them or care about them, but I really cant see why there is any need for the negativity towards them.

ekhibee
15-11-2016, 04:17 PM
I am sure in the past I have seen the Hibs Ladies parade things at ER

I am lucky enough to know their captain Joelle Murray and her and her teammates dedication to their sport is very strong.

Whilst there aren't the bigot sisters to contend with for them, be in no doubt that Glasgow are a formidable team who provide many of the Scotland Women's team and no-one should underestimate their achievements this season.

I know Joelle is and always has been a big Hibs Supporter and i know how much it will have meant to her to win the women's cup, particularly in the year we won the Scottish cup.

I would support anything that had a Hibs badge on it and I find it a little sad and tiresome that some, not necessarily on this thread, continue to sneer at the women's game.

You only need to look at Time for Heroes or for that matter any Hibs home game to see how many women and girls now support Hibs. My daughter for example is Hibs daft.

Why we cant support them in rising to the top of their competitions just flat out baffles me.

I don't expect everyone to be interested in them or care about them, but I really cant see why there is any need for the negativity towards them.
https://youtu.be/msLEKzFrWGs

https://youtu.be/hHH7iVD8lP8

The old firm do have ladies teams, but totally agree with everything else you say.

sleeping giant
15-11-2016, 04:39 PM
I think the Ladies Scottish cup should be added to the Persevere tour, along with a suitable representative.

It could maybe inspire a few school lassies to see that they too can dream to achieve football success within our/their club.

I totally agree.
It would look great with 2 Scottish Cups.

BSEJVT
15-11-2016, 06:16 PM
https://youtu.be/msLEKzFrWGs

https://youtu.be/hHH7iVD8lP8

The old firm do have ladies teams, but totally agree with everything else you say.

Sorry

I should have worded that differently as I knew they had teams. doh!

Just that they aren't anywhere near as dominant as their male counterparts have been.