PDA

View Full Version : Kris Boyd

hibbysam
13-11-2016, 10:00 PM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/7260814/Kris-Boyd-SFA-sent-Rangers-down-and-our-Scotland-teams-are-paying-the-price-now.html

Apologies for sharing a Daily Hun link, however can anyone tell me the link between Scotland being *****, and Rangers being voted into be third division?

Makes no sense to me at all... Not like we were world beaters back in 2012, I mean we managed to scrape a 97th minute winner against Liechtenstein, drew with Lithuania and Czech, and finished miles back in qualifying for Euro 2012... Boyd needs to remember he is a footballer and it isn't his job to pander to them now. I never see him
Speaking about Killie, but every single interview is about Rangers.

keep the faith
13-11-2016, 10:29 PM
I won't be clicking on that link.

Mate why you still promoting that rag?

Haymaker
13-11-2016, 10:46 PM
Hun ****. **** him.

northstandhibby
13-11-2016, 10:46 PM
I won't be clicking on that link.

Mate why you still promoting that rag?

:aok:

No disrespect to the OP but why would anybody want to read what 'Kris' boyd says.

Without reading it I think we can suspect it will all be utter garbage of a Lord Nimmo Smith saying nothing was gained by deceiving the taxman out of the many millions we hid from them with side letters and loans that were never ever going to be paid back with a wink and ha ha nudge.

Pure victims we were by being found out we were robbing the taxman who pays for the NHS and the Armed Forces like.

Bostonhibby
14-11-2016, 07:23 AM
Pity it was the rangers news doing the interview, a real journalist might have asked him how he squared away that statement with the fact that the now defunct Glasgow rangers spent nearly all the money they stole on non Scottish players!

The now defunct boys were around when boydy was getting in the team and we were as bad then.

Bell end.
Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

AndyM_1875
14-11-2016, 07:48 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/7260814/Kris-Boyd-SFA-sent-Rangers-down-and-our-Scotland-teams-are-paying-the-price-now.html

Apologies for sharing a Daily Hun link, however can anyone tell me the link between Scotland being *****, and Rangers being voted into be third division?

Makes no sense to me at all... Not like we were world beaters back in 2012, I mean we managed to scrape a 97th minute winner against Liechtenstein, drew with Lithuania and Czech, and finished miles back in qualifying for Euro 2012... Boyd needs to remember he is a footballer and it isn't his job to pander to them now. I never see him

Rangers were never prolific contributors to the National Team anyway so I'd disagree with that. There was Barry Ferguson and that was about it. If Boyd is looking for the person(s) who damaged his boyhood club then I suggest he goes to David Murray. I'd say Rangers being kicked out of the League in 2012 has very little to do with Scotland being rubbish. Our players are not good enough technically and until recently we didn't have enough proper coaches and facilities were absolutely primitive.

Kato
14-11-2016, 08:04 AM
I'd say Rangers being kicked out of the League in 2012 has very little to do with Scotland being rubbish.

Rangers weren't kicked out of any league.

They went out of business and therefore ceased to operate as football club.

HibsNutter
14-11-2016, 08:12 AM
No, the demotion of Rangers didn't lead to the development of guys like Grant Hanley. **** off Boyd.

Carheenlea
14-11-2016, 08:43 AM

It baffles me how so many people struggle to understand what is a simple fact.

Dr What If?
14-11-2016, 08:51 AM
I won't be clicking on that link, football aside I still rank their front page 'vow' as an act of treason.
The west coast red tops only care about the old firm, it's a numbers game - most of their readers, in fact most of the fans follow one of those two. Even if Boyd had spent 90% on the interview talking about Killie they still would only have published the Rangers bit.
As for the Rangers demise being linked to the fall on the national team, well, I'm going to agree a wee bit but not in the way some might think. Rangers were not the most prolific contributors to Scotland but for a long time they were the richest club and had youth facilities that blew everyone else away. As such, they had their pick of Scottish talent - they just never developed them into first team players. Instead the brought in expensive talent from other shores in a bid for European glory, the Scottish boys got so far but not far enough. Hell, they even signed first team regulars for £m + just for their reserves.
Given their dominance, Rangers should have been supplying half the national team and not just the odd player. Their demise started the day they started overspending and the demise of the national team was exagerated because of that. Scotland were not a victim of poor Rangers fall in 2012, they were victims of nasty Rangers suffication from 1986 onwards.

Bostonhibby
14-11-2016, 08:59 AM

:top marks Voluntarily liquidated themselves so as to avoid paying their creditors, the fans that don't do walking away, walked away. The new club applied to join the league and after some shenanigans to get a 64 times convicted tax fraudster through as a fit and proper person they are where they are today. Four years old and heavily in debt again.

Carheenlea
14-11-2016, 11:23 AM
They should be grateful that they were fast tracked to enter at the third division.

Smartie
14-11-2016, 11:32 AM
Deep down I think there is a reasonable point that can be made that Scottish football has suffered for ourselves, The Rangers, Hearts and Dundee United spending time outside of the top league.

Looking at that Scotland defence, I can't see players there who are better than Hanlon and McGregor right now (as has been debated many times elsewhere) but I can understand why Strachan maybe wouldn't want to pick players playing at our level. It still surprises me that McGinn consistently gets picked.

The same could be said of players at these other clubs, I'm sure. Templeton's career looked promising a few years ago and I'm sure Wallace would have picked up a few more caps had he kept playing at a higher level.

What is wrong is the "victim" tone to the article and the tendency to blame the SFA for their treatment of Rangers. These clubs deservedly ended up where they did due to differing types of horrific mismanagement and a decent argument could be made that some of them actually got off lightly.

Deansy
14-11-2016, 11:42 AM

So our game was WASN'T damaged by the (cheating) Huns using the vast majority of their ill-gotten gains on FOREIGN players, which forced all the other clubs (under the stupid impression the Hun were playing fairly and squarely), in a vain attempt at playing catch-up, to also import foreign-players thereby leading to home-grown talent being ignored ??

Just more incredible arrogance from all associated with the Govan-filth !!

monarch
14-11-2016, 01:12 PM
Scotland haven't qualified for the finals of a major tournament since 1998, Rangers were liquidated in 2012 and subsequently entered the third division that year. So what's Boyd's reasoning for the failure in the preceding 14 years ?

Boyd has never given the impression of being the sharpest tool in the box. Reckon he's just regurgitating Level 5/ Traynor p-sh to deflect from the fallout of the Barton shambles.

Stantons Angel
14-11-2016, 03:45 PM
what a load of RUBBISH! You would think that Rangers old and new supplied the National team with the majority of its players before they were demoted!

As everyone has already said they went into voluntary liquidation in hope they would not have to pay their creditors after fleecing their own pension fund.

During that same time they bought foreign players galore which kept out the young Scottish players and gave them no development through the age groups at their club.

I for one never missed them in our leagues they are poison and their support are neanderthal bigots who live in the past.

Kris Boyd should be reminded that he has not played for Rangers for some time now and is employed by another club. he should be trying to talk up his present employers rather than ones he left some time ago. they have no time for him now or he would still be there! Let him get on with it the stupid man!!!