PDA

View Full Version : Free Tickets Being Taken Advantage Of

JonnyHibees
13-11-2016, 06:49 PM
Yesterday whilst waiting in the queue for the East Stand ticket pod a group of two guys and several kids approached me several times offering to sell tickets for £10 or £20. These tickets were clearly marked with a price of £0.00, and must have been obtained through some youth group. I didn't buy them but several people around me did and when i passed them again just before kick off they were distributing out amongst themselves what looked like a pretty tidy profit made at the clubs' expense. Whilst i very much support the clubs donating these free tickets to get more kids to attend, sadly like every act of human kindness there will be people looking to take advantage.

Billy Whizz
13-11-2016, 07:03 PM
Poor show if this is true

Hermit Crab
13-11-2016, 07:05 PM
Yesterday whilst waiting in the queue for the East Stand ticket pod a group of two guys and several kids approached me several times offering to sell tickets for £10 or £20. These tickets were clearly marked with a price of £0.00, and must have been obtained through some youth group. I didn't buy them but several people around me did and when i passed them again just before kick off they were distributing out amongst themselves what looked like a pretty tidy profit made at the clubs' expense. Whilst i very much support the clubs donating these free tickets to get more kids to attend, sadly like every act of human kindness there will be people looking to take advantage.

Possibly come from players or club officials.

Bishop Hibee
13-11-2016, 07:11 PM
If it's adults doing it that is out of order. Bad enough if it's a few kids who got their hands on extras.

Booked4Being-Ugly
13-11-2016, 07:49 PM
There are people that think that it's great to screw over their own football club whilst there are others (proper fans) investing heavily through ST's, shares etc to ensure the club survives.

There are no excuses and they're nothing but f'n parasites.

Kojock
13-11-2016, 08:08 PM
Is there any way to get hold of one of these tickets. I'm sure they will be numbered and the club would know who they were given to.

Billy Whizz
13-11-2016, 08:12 PM
Is there any way to get hold of one of these tickets. I'm sure they will be numbered and the club would know who they were given to.

Or ask the fans what seats they were in

northstandhibby
13-11-2016, 08:16 PM
If it's adults doing it that is out of order. Bad enough if it's a few kids who got their hands on extras.

I remember a few of the young team going to the complimentary ticket hatch that used to be positioned at the corner of the Main Stand and Dunbar End and saying they were there to pick up so and so's comp tickets. They managed a few times to con their way to some poor sods comp tickets. If not it was up and over the wall at the main stand toilets which was a fair height to drop being a kid.

Argylehibby
13-11-2016, 08:16 PM

The club handed out a large number of free tickets yesterday to various organisations such as the British Legion, tickets for troops, Erskine hospital and others, to commemorate armistice day. It would be disappointing if some people were taking advantage of that gesture by the club.

Pretty Boy
13-11-2016, 08:18 PM
Some folk just love finding ways to cheat Hibs out of money.

Whether it's purchasing a concession they aren't entitled to or selling a complimetary ticket on for profit they don't seem to see it for what it is.

Stantons Angel
13-11-2016, 08:22 PM
these tickets seem to be being abused by a few people. The area i sit in sometimes has adults and their pals sitting in seats that im sure are meant for the kids from underprivileged areas and the clubs they belong too.

the club and the people who advocate for these kids work hard to make sure they go to the right people but some seem to think they can use them for themselves and pals and not the kids they are given for.

Its a sad state of affairs but im sure the club know it is happening and if not the original poster should let them know. He wont be telling tales he will be making sure these tickets get to the kids they are given for.

There is always someone who tries to make money on the kindness of community spirit, i think that we should watch out for this happening and the club should get someone round there to see who is doing this and put a stop to it!

wookie70
13-11-2016, 08:54 PM
The club handed out a large number of free tickets yesterday to various organisations such as the British Legion, tickets for troops, Erskine hospital and others, to commemorate armistice day. It would be disappointing if some people were taking advantage of that gesture by the club.
I hope it wasn't from those free tickets. The club should do its best to find out who profited from Hib's generosity. Whoever it was shouldn't get any more tickets.

Brooster
13-11-2016, 09:31 PM
I'm sure cctv could pick these folk out. Get them banned.

Jack
13-11-2016, 09:33 PM
They might not be Hibbies, just folk taking advantage.

Argylehibby
13-11-2016, 09:40 PM
I hope it wasn't from those free tickets. The club should do its best to find out who profited from Hib's generosity. Whoever it was shouldn't get any more tickets.

There were a number of different organisations given tickets and the organisations I mention were just examples of those who got them and in no way a suggestion that any of them were involved. I'm sure groups out with the rememberence day stuff were also given tickets. Erskine I know for certain we're not involved in any onsale of tickets.

I have sent an e mail to the club advising them but to be honest without knowing ticket numbers there is no way of identifying culprits. If anyone who bought them was to come forward with details that would help but somehow I feel that is a forlorn hope.

wookie70
13-11-2016, 09:52 PM
There were a number of different organisations given tickets and the organisations I mention were just examples of those who got them and in no way a suggestion that any of them were involved. I'm sure groups out with the rememberence day stuff were also given tickets. Erskine I know for certain we're not involved in any onsale of tickets.

I have sent an e mail to the club advising them but to be honest without knowing ticket numbers there is no way of identifying culprits. If anyone who bought them was to come forward with details that would help but somehow I feel that is a forlorn hope.

Don't think I suggested it was. It wouldn't bother me what group it was I wouldn't be giving them anymore tickets.

buktadays
13-11-2016, 10:32 PM
Could they have genuinely been let down by people not turning up?? And just thought about selling at the time?? I dunno, not really trying to defend them , was it obviously a money maker??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
13-11-2016, 10:35 PM
Could they have genuinely been let down by people not turning up?? And just thought about selling at the time?? I dunno, not really trying to defend them , was it obviously a money maker??

In that case they could have just given them away free.

buktadays
13-11-2016, 10:38 PM
Just thought about my comment. If these were zero charge tickets then it's a different story

Nicho87
13-11-2016, 10:40 PM
He didnt have a tache did he

buktadays
13-11-2016, 10:44 PM
In that case thry could have just given them away free.

Aye yer spot on, if they were no charge tickets then they have a ****** cheek!

northstandhibby
13-11-2016, 10:50 PM

These pesky East of Scotland footy fans.

Argylehibby
13-11-2016, 11:25 PM
Don't think I suggested it was. It wouldn't bother me what group it was I wouldn't be giving them anymore tickets.

I know you weren't, I just wanted to make sure nobody thought I was pointing the finger at any group and that it wasn't only forces connections that would have freebies. sorry for any confusion.

HibbySpurs
14-11-2016, 10:52 AM
Some folk just love finding ways to cheat Hibs out of money.

Whether it's purchasing a concession they aren't entitled to or selling a complimetary ticket on for profit they don't seem to see it for what it is.

Agreed, those purchasing them on the cheap are worse in my eyes in some ways, hope they enjoyed the game at nil benefit to the club coffers.

Those selling the tickets on Saturday were most likely opportunistic **** bags who had been given a batch of tickets for charity or some other organization and rather than doing the thing that Hibs entrusted them to do they simply seen a way to make a few quid.

Really sad that perhaps a war veteran or a disadvantaged child were denied the prospect of an enjoyable afternoon out at a football match, perhaps something they will not get another chance to do again anytime soon, also potential loss of new club fans.

Buyer or Seller of these you are **** and not a Hibs supporter, simply a leech.

heretoday
14-11-2016, 11:28 AM
Just cos you're a Hibby doesn't mean you're a good person.

sleeping giant
14-11-2016, 11:50 AM

This is my thinking.

Those tickets were maybe meant for a certain group but have never found their way there.
Could be a police issue.

lucky
14-11-2016, 12:01 PM
Agreed, those purchasing them on the cheap are worse in my eyes in some ways, hope they enjoyed the game at nil benefit to the club coffers.

Those selling the tickets on Saturday were most likely opportunistic **** bags who had been given a batch of tickets for charity or some other organization and rather than doing the thing that Hibs entrusted them to do they simply seen a way to make a few quid.

Really sad that perhaps a war veteran or a disadvantaged child were denied the prospect of an enjoyable afternoon out at a football match, perhaps something they will not get another chance to do again anytime soon, also potential loss of new club fans.

Buyer or Seller of these you are **** and not a Hibs supporter, simply a leech.

Got to disagree, the seller is the one at fault.
Numerous occasions there are fans selling excess tickets outside grounds and often they are delighted to be getting something back for a ticket and the fan buying is happy by getting a bargain.

erin go bragh
14-11-2016, 02:06 PM
Numerous occasions there are fans selling excess tickets outside grounds and often they are delighted to be getting something back for a ticket and the fan buying is happy by getting a bargain.

The seller might not be a Hibs supporter but the ones buying are . Poor show from both parties.

HibbySpurs
14-11-2016, 02:19 PM

Sorry but I'm not having that in this case. If someone is lumbered with a spare they have paid full value for I have no objection to them selling it on up to face value as the club has received the benefit of the ticket sale already, likewise I have no objection to a ST holder who can't make a game giving his mate the ticket as again the club has had the benefit of the original sale. That is not the case here, the club has given these tickets FREE to people as part of their commitment to the local community for the benefit of the local community.

The people entrusted to make sure these tickets are used appropriately are simply robbing Hibernian FC by taking them and then selling them the buyers of these are robbing Hibs of the rightful admission fee they should have paid whilst lining these **** bags pockets for them.

This type of behavior is just as bad as folk buying ST'S under false representations (e.g. working guys buying student ST they aren't entitled to).

If you think the above is acceptable then that's your opinion...

FranckSuzy
15-11-2016, 11:00 PM

Did you happen to notice what area of the East these tickets were for? If so, please can you PM me as I know the area(s) the Kicks for Kids STs are allocated and would like to find out more about this :aok:

GreenNWhiteArmy
15-11-2016, 11:06 PM
Now that it's mentioned,I remember before the St Mirren game s couple of kids asking if anyone wanted to "buy a ticket" genuinely thought I'd misheard them but reading this thread it seems to be something that's done.

Get a paper round ya wee dicks and stop sponging of hibs