PDA

View Full Version : The Rangers

hibbysam
13-11-2016, 01:18 PM
Wish people would stop comparing us to that lot along the M8 by saying they strolled it, and were somehow failing. They never 'strolled' or 'skooshed' the league by November. In fact at this point they were going through the same spell as we are now where the second best side in the league is catching up. I have no doubt our season will end exactly as theirs did last year. Both sides started brilliantly, both hit a bad spot and the second best side in the league caught up, and we will go on again just as they did and win the league comfortably.

Michael
13-11-2016, 01:46 PM
They won 12 of their opening 13! We've only won 8. I think it's fair to say they were 'skooshing it' at this point last year.

Steve20
13-11-2016, 01:51 PM
Wish people would stop comparing us to that lot along the M8 by saying they strolled it, and were somehow failing. They never 'strolled' or 'skooshed' the league by November. In fact at this point they were going through the same spell as we are now where the second best side in the league is catching up. I have no doubt our season will end exactly as theirs did last year. Both sides started brilliantly, both hit a bad spot and the second best side in the league caught up, and we will go on again just as they did and win the league comfortably.

We won't win the league comfortably with Neil Lennon in charge.

hibbysam
13-11-2016, 01:56 PM
They won 12 of their opening 13! We've only won 8. I think it's fair to say they were 'skooshing it' at this point last year.

They dropped all there points between us beating them at ER and losing at Ibrox. Which was through November and early December. We will go on and show exactly why we have the strongest squad, just as they did last year.

sleeping giant
13-11-2016, 02:28 PM

This place is mental.

California-Hibs
13-11-2016, 02:30 PM

😂

lapsedhibee
13-11-2016, 02:31 PM

We'll S20troll it.

The Green Goblin
13-11-2016, 02:32 PM

Who do you wish was in charge instead?

The Green Goblin
13-11-2016, 02:33 PM
(Thread title should read: "The Rangers")

Diclonius
13-11-2016, 02:37 PM

Hearts had 11 wins and 2 draws after 13 games in their season down here. Rangers had 12 wins and 1 defeat last season.

We've dropped 11 points already this season, after 13 games. Hearts dropped 11 points by the time of their 31st game. Rangers did it by their 29th.

So yeah, in comparison to how we're doing right now, they strolled it. It is inexcusable - given our resources and the fact that we've had two years to "prepare" - that we're not even coming close to that.

KeithTheHibby
13-11-2016, 03:49 PM

Do you ever reply to any comments directed to you or do you just prefer to drop a wee hand grenade and then **** off?
Either way you are full of *****.

Borderhibbie76
13-11-2016, 04:03 PM
[emoji42] [emoji42] [emoji42] [emoji42] [emoji42] [emoji42] [emoji42] [emoji42] [emoji42] [emoji42]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

hibbysam
13-11-2016, 04:43 PM
Hearts had 11 wins and 2 draws after 13 games in their season down here. Rangers had 12 wins and 1 defeat last season.

We've dropped 11 points already this season, after 13 games. Hearts dropped 11 points by the time of their 31st game. Rangers did it by their 29th.

So yeah, in comparison to how we're doing right now, they strolled it. It is inexcusable - given our resources and the fact that we've had two years to "prepare" - that we're not even coming close to that.

Rangers was there 24th game... however I wasn't talking points wise, by the end of December rangers were 0 points clear. They didn't win the league in the first 12 games which they won them all, they won it after the turn of the year where they won many games on the bounce when other squads were tested. Just like we will do.

hibees 7062
13-11-2016, 05:29 PM
Do you ever reply to any comments directed to you or do you just prefer to drop a wee hand grenade and then **** off?

:top marks

tamig
13-11-2016, 05:31 PM

It does reek of troll. Did exactly the same last night.

Hibs Class
13-11-2016, 05:56 PM

:agree::agree::top marks:top marks

Thecat23
13-11-2016, 06:28 PM

Does it all the time. Thought it was just me who noticed this! 😁👍🏼

Mr White
13-11-2016, 06:37 PM
. I have no doubt our season will end exactly as theirs did last year.

What, beaten at hampden in the Scottish cup final in injury time? At least we'll be allowed on to the pitch to defend our losing players :greengrin

northstandhibby
13-11-2016, 06:45 PM

I couldn't care less if we only win it by goal difference as long as we win it and get out of this league and leave behind the likes of houston's anti fooball.

Barney McGrew
13-11-2016, 06:47 PM

You really must try harder, good trolling should see you try to hide it at least a little bit.

Diclonius
13-11-2016, 06:48 PM
Rangers was there 24th game... however I wasn't talking points wise, by the end of December rangers were 0 points clear. They didn't win the league in the first 12 games which they won them all, they won it after the turn of the year where they won many games on the bounce when other squads were tested. Just like we will do.

Fair enough - however Rangers had much stronger opposition last year (i.e. us & Falkirk) which pushed them up until new year. We haven't had that problem and should really be out of sight now, as Hearts 2014/Rangers 2015 would be if they were still in this league.

Lago
13-11-2016, 06:49 PM
Does it all the time. Thought it was just me who noticed this! 😁👍🏼
Out of interest & nothing else are you still in the skooosh camp ?

Mr White
13-11-2016, 06:51 PM
Fair enough - however Rangers had much stronger opposition last year (i.e. us & Falkirk) which pushed them up until new year. We haven't had that problem and should really be out of sight now, as Hearts 2014/Rangers 2015 would be if they were still in this league.

Relatively speaking Dundee United are closer to us in terms of resources and crowds than we were to the Rangers.

Stantons Angel
13-11-2016, 07:44 PM
Relatively speaking Dundee United are closer to us in terms of resources and crowds than we were to the Rangers.

Forgive me but WHY do we have a post going on and on about Rangers and what they did and how much better their ratios were than ours?

Who cares?

This is Hibs, we always make life difficult for ourselves thats why us supporters need to stay focused on what is happening now and not in the past.

We need to be their 12th man to get them over the line in tough games and be there to show we will be there come what may at the end of the season.

Rangers can do what they like be what they like and say what they like,who cares? Lets focus on what is the main thing for us...... Hibs getting promotion!

Mr White
13-11-2016, 07:47 PM
Forgive me but WHY do we have a post going on and on about Rangers and what they did and how much better their ratios were than ours?

Who cares?

This is Hibs, we always make life difficult for ourselves thats why us supporters need to stay focused on what is happening now and not in the past.

We need to be their 12th man to get them over the line in tough games and be there to show we will be there come what may at the end of the season.

Rangers can do what they like be what they like and say what they like,who cares? Lets focus on what is the main thing for us...... Hibs getting promotion!

I think the op was making much the same point as you actually.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-11-2016, 07:47 PM

But do you think that we will win the league?

Dashing Bob S
13-11-2016, 07:50 PM

Essentially this. We can make all the excuses we want (and yes, the red card debacles at the hands of refs have cost us 5-7) but we haven't got a grip on this League like both Rangers and Hearts before them managed to. (And ominously, like Dundee United are perhaps starting to...)

poolman
13-11-2016, 08:00 PM
Who do you wish was in charge instead?

Don't take the bait, he's a numpty

Tobias Funke
13-11-2016, 08:38 PM
I don't think Steve20 is a troll or a windup merchant. I think he is just very "glass half empty" and gets much more out of posting negatively than speaking positively about Hibs. If things aren't going well you'll see him contribute plenty, sometimes even jump to the defence of our rivals (bizarre) but when things are going well he is absolutely nowhere to be seen.

Strange behaviour from a genuine Hibs fan.

matty_f
13-11-2016, 09:33 PM

Hi Steve. You clearly don't like Hibs managers. Don't appear to be that fond of Hibs either.

P.S. Top of these league under Lennon. Stubbs win the a Scottish Cup. Cheer up.

superfurryhibby
13-11-2016, 09:40 PM

He's another who "try's too hard".

Care to say what leads you to believe we should be out of sight? Is this just based on your perception of the natural order or does it have any foundation, like the relative merits of our squad etc? Are we underachieving due to poor team selection, tactics or are we just not that good?

hibbysam
13-11-2016, 09:45 PM
I think the op was making much the same point as you actually.

That's exactly it, all I keep seeing is rangers done this, hearts done that, and look at us... as far as I'm concerned we are top of the league, they have to chase us. We were on the other end last year, we got to within touching distance at Xmas but it all became too much and we fell away as Rangers' larger squad showed, and I expect that to be the case this year as well with us.

The Modfather
13-11-2016, 11:41 PM
He's another who "try's too hard".

Care to say what leads you to believe we should be out of sight? Is this just based on your perception of the natural order or does it have any foundation, like the relative merits of our squad etc? Are we underachieving due to poor team selection, tactics or are we just not that good?

We should be out of sight based on the budget available, particularly given a cup final and a cup win, not to mention the fans doing their bit, and then some in turning out this year.

Then there's Dundee Utd who appeared to be in as big a mess as we were when we went down but so far have hit the ground running. Our other likely challenger in Falkirk also lost two of their better players in the summer and are weaker this season.

The fact, again, so far, is that we have the exact same failings as the previous two years. No wingers or natural width, and still unfairly expecting our two full backs to do a job they can't do. A job that is the most important part of how we set up to play. We also don't score anywhere near enough goals, which is the same as at least the last 2 years.

So, I'm delighted we are top, but far from convinced we are as prepared to go up this season as we should be. We simply have to sort out the points raised above in January. However given we haven't sorted these same problems in the last 5 transfer windows it's not a certainty to get what we need.

I still think we will go up, but with Dundee Utd looking like they are on the up we have very little margin for error this season and all too many dropped points so far.

Hibby70
14-11-2016, 06:21 AM
Where's the fun in winning it at a canter? It's Hibs remember, let's win the league with the last kick of a ball.

The_Exile
14-11-2016, 07:03 AM

You are the antidote to happiness.