PDA

View Full Version : Darren Mcgregor

King conrad
12-11-2016, 07:27 PM
Love this guy, absolutely solid and has pace about him and in my opinion a better defender than Hanley for Scotland.
I realise hanley plays at a higher level but it hasn't stopped john mcginn .

Highland_Hibee
12-11-2016, 07:30 PM
I'm not going to get dragged into the international debate but agreed he is a complete defender for us. We are lucky he is a Hibee and he wanted to come home. Rangers have not replaced him with anything better that is for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theonlywayisup
12-11-2016, 07:31 PM
Love this guy, absolutely solid and has pace about him and in my opinion a better defender than Hanley for Scotland.
I realise hanley plays at a higher level but it hasn't stopped john mcginn .

Thought he played well today. Not sure he's Scotland class, but neither is Hanley.

hibee_girl
12-11-2016, 07:33 PM
He gets better every week, thought he was outstanding today. You just know he'd run through a brick wall for us as well, he gets it. :thumbsup:

matty_f
12-11-2016, 07:38 PM
He's superb.

Mr White
12-11-2016, 07:41 PM
He's superb.

:agree: he's a class defender

King conrad
12-11-2016, 07:42 PM
He's superb.
wonder if the Falkirk player still has a sore face from getting slapped "out the way bitch" wish he could get away with doing it to houston

Highland_Hibee
12-11-2016, 07:44 PM
Thought he played well today. Not sure he's Scotland class, but neither is Hanley.

McGregor should get in ahead of him on looks alone. [emoji106]

tamig
12-11-2016, 08:02 PM
McGregor should get in ahead of him on looks alone. [emoji106]

Absolutely. Hanley's beard alone is a pathetic excuse.

HFCdeb
12-11-2016, 08:16 PM
Captain material.

Earlydelivery
12-11-2016, 08:19 PM
Love the leither . And that's from a lochender :not worth

CMac1988
12-11-2016, 08:26 PM
Captain material.

Idd. I may get a bit if stick for this but he'd be my captain ahead of Gray. Always grateful for Grays contribution in the final but he doesn't quite have the leadership skills that I'd like to see on the pitch. Nowhere to be seen for most of today when you needed a captain to defend the players, get involved, offer a word etc. and most importantly stay on top of the ref.

HFCdeb
12-11-2016, 08:28 PM
Idd. I may get a bit if stick for this but he'd be my captain ahead of Gray. Always grateful for Grays contribution in the final but he doesn't quite have the leadership skills that I'd like to see on the pitch. Nowhere to be seen for most of today when you needed a captain to defend the players, get involved, offer a word etc. and most importantly stay on top of the ref.

My feelings, too. Love Gray, but McGregor has "captain" written all over him.

Jones28
12-11-2016, 08:32 PM
He was tremendous today, and has been ever since he pulled on a Hibs top in anger.

lugz
12-11-2016, 08:45 PM
Easily our best player imo. Burst out laughing when he ragdolled one of their players with a shoulder barge. He's so quick as well.

snooky
12-11-2016, 08:48 PM
Easily our best player imo. Burst out laughing when he ragdolled one of their players with a shoulder barge. He so quick as well

Yep, reminded me of the Scott Allan/hoose painter clash.
Darren was top drawer today

chasitup
12-11-2016, 08:48 PM
Absolute class today, so dominant.

The Harp
12-11-2016, 08:51 PM
Must admit it took me a wee while to warm to Darren because of where he came from (Ibrox, not Leith 😉).
However, he's won me over with consistent MOTM performances like today's. He's obviously living the dream right now which is great for him and the Club. Here's hoping he stays fit and gets a new deal to keep him at ER to the end of his playing days.

Broken Gnome
12-11-2016, 08:52 PM
What was up with him today? Was borderline possessed in the first twenty minutes.

Worst booking of a footballer I've seen in a long time too.

kaimendhibs
12-11-2016, 08:52 PM
He is a brilliant player with fantastic attitude. Future club captain surely

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SON OF PADDY
12-11-2016, 09:08 PM
He is a brilliant player with fantastic attitude. Future club captain surely

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thought he was f#@king brilliant yet again !!
Darren McGregor your one of our own. 😀😀

Slim Shady
12-11-2016, 09:40 PM
If he was still at the Zombie club he'd be playing for Scotland by now

B.H.F.C
12-11-2016, 10:02 PM
Sums up our problems going forward that a centre half got MOTM in a game where the opposition crossed the halfway line about 3 times.

northstandhibby
12-11-2016, 10:12 PM
We're very lucky to have a player of Darren's talent at ER. Top player.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-11-2016, 10:17 PM
:agree: he's a class defender

:greengrin

Shrekko
12-11-2016, 11:38 PM
Mr Hibs.

Wish he'd been here years earlier.

LustForLeith
13-11-2016, 06:58 AM
Player of the season so far for me

Scouse Hibee
13-11-2016, 07:17 AM

And for me by a mile. Pace,power and aggression in abundance top defender.

HibbyAndy
13-11-2016, 07:52 AM
Strolls it every week.

Super_JMcGinn
13-11-2016, 09:53 AM
Sums up our problems going forward that a centre half got MOTM in a game where the opposition crossed the halfway line about 3 times.

They get 1 corner and put 1 decent ball in the box and score from it, as much as I like him, he and the other 2 that went for that ball cost us points yet again. We seem incapable of defending high balls in the box.

High-On-Hibs
13-11-2016, 10:13 AM
Hanlons a better defender than Hanley.

Pretty Boy
13-11-2016, 10:24 AM
Am I the only one who thought McGreggor was at fault for their goal? Attacked a ball he had no need to go for and left Baird totally unmarked.

I like McGreggor and on the whole he was good yesterday but I'd question his decision making at the goal, caught ball watching and showed a lack of awareness of the game around him.

Super_JMcGinn
13-11-2016, 11:01 AM
Am I the only one who thought McGreggor was at fault for their goal? Attacked a ball he had no need to go for and left Baird totally unmarked.

I like McGreggor and on the whole he was good yesterday but I'd question his decision making at the goal, caught ball watching and showed a lack of awareness of the game around him.

I said as much at the game , why didn't one of them scream MY BALL leaving the others to pick up a man . We have learnt nothing from the play off debacle.

Eyrie
13-11-2016, 11:35 AM

Wasn't at the game but that was my reaction watching the goal highlights on the official site. McGregor had Baird when the corner was taken and then ran towards the ball where he did nothing other than leave his man unmarked to score.

wookie70
13-11-2016, 02:32 PM

Not even close either. He's been consistently excellent for weeks on end and has been our best signing along with McGinn for a long time.

JimBHibees
13-11-2016, 06:55 PM

No definitely at fault also. Shame as he was excellent otherwise.

Dashing Bob S
13-11-2016, 07:59 PM
McGregor is great player but his role at the back means that he isn't tested to the extent McGinn is in the midfield.

I think he could easily make the step down to Scotland - he's proven himself at a lower level with The Rangers, St Mirren and Cowdenbeath.

keep the faith
14-11-2016, 08:16 AM
McGregor is great player but his role at the back means that he isn't tested to the extent McGinn is in the midfield.

I think he could easily make the step down to Scotland - he's proven himself at a lower level with The Rangers, St Mirren and Cowdenbeath.
😁👍

lyonhibs
14-11-2016, 08:50 AM
Definitely at fault for the goal yesterday - what a total lack of communication to have 3 guys jumping (and losing) an aerial challenge against 1 man.

You don't need to be Einstein to work out that's going to cause issues once the ball is knocked down.

He was also at fault (apologies, I don't get to many games these days) for the Ross County winner in the League Cup final by bewilderingly not covering across and letting the RC boy run most of our half unchallenged.

A great player at this level (and dashingly handsome to boot) but definitely suffers from the odd outburst of flawed decision making.

snooky
14-11-2016, 09:10 AM
I said as much at the game , why didn't one of them scream MY BALL leaving the others to pick up a man . We have learnt nothing from the play off debacle.

Sorry to be Mr Pedantic but I don't think you can shout "My ball". You have to call a name like "Darren's ball". I'm sure that used to be the case however, the rules and have changed.

Albanian Hibs
14-11-2016, 09:50 AM
Love him 😍

hibby6270
14-11-2016, 10:59 PM
You could argue he was the best of all the signings during Stubbs's reign.
A The Rangers player one day and a Hibby the next day. Best opportune signing the club had made in years. :thumbsup:

HoboHarry
15-11-2016, 02:27 AM
You could argue he was the best of all the signings during Stubbs's reign.
A The Rangers player one day and a Hibby the next day. Best opportune signing the club had made in years. :thumbsup:
Gave away their player of the year for free to us and they still don't get why they are broke. Idiots.......

GreenOnions
15-11-2016, 08:50 AM

You are absolutely correct. It wasn't just Darren but IMHO he was most at fault really. There was someone running back with the Falkirk player who headed the ball and Hanlon had left his zone at the back of the six yard box to attack it. Needlessly, and with less chance of reaching the ball than Hanlon, McGregor left his zone (and Baird) in the middle of the six yard box to attack the same ball. The rest, as they say, is history.

It's individual errors really rather than zonal marking that caused the goal. Having said that - I still believe that not having personal responsibility for a particular opposition player at set pieces is a problem as well as the "running-jump" issue. If Darren had been concentrating on Baird or if Hanlon had actually been marking the Falkirk player who headed the ball from the start of his run the goal would have been much less likely IMHO.

ancient hibee
15-11-2016, 11:45 AM
He seems a good player but at this level it's difficult to tell how good.Losing an avoidable goal in the only attack doesn't do much for his case,