PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: TICKET INFO | DUNDEE UTD AWAY

RSS Bot
12-11-2016, 06:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6965)

Carheenlea
13-11-2016, 10:40 AM
Had this been on the Saturday afternoon I'd have fancied seeing our largest travelling support of the season making the relative short trip in numbers circa 4000 for a hugely important game against or main title rivals. The Friday night and lure of the comfort of pub/armchair will have some impact on this, but be nice to think we can still travel in decent numbers to back the team. 3000 would be excellent in circumstances.

Pretty Boy
13-11-2016, 10:58 AM
Bit crap they aren't selling behind the goals until the stand we usually get is sold.

I'd rather sit behind the goals as the leg room in the other stand is a joke and very uncomfortable for me. Think I'll wait and see how many we shift

Billy Whizz
13-11-2016, 11:06 AM
Bit crap they aren't selling behind the goals until the stand we usually get is sold.

I'd rather sit behind the goals as the leg room in the other stand is a joke and very uncomfortable for me. Think I'll wait and see how many we shift

The view upstairs is good though

.Sean.
13-11-2016, 11:22 AM
Tempted to hang off in the hope we get the shed behind the goals.....

Half day off work though and early train through. Canny wait 🍻

Canon Hannan
13-11-2016, 11:37 AM
It's a good atmosphere in the United main stand to be honest. If we take 2500-3000 that will make some noise and right along the side of the pitch. Every Hibs fan in attendance will give us a slight advantage and help the team. We can make this a home game by turning up in noisy numbers. Big game!

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-11-2016, 11:40 AM
Megabus up and last train back, should be a good day out. Almost everywhere up there seems to have McEwans 80 so, my old man will be happy with what he is quaffing for a change.

Carheenlea
13-11-2016, 12:10 PM
I read a lot of fans complaining about the discomfort of the main stand, but Ive always enjoyed watching from there. Maybe being 5'8 eases the comfort somewhat mind you! A great view in comparison to traditional visitors areas, but behind the goals would be popular with advance sales I'm sure, and something Hibs should maybe liaise with United over if the feeling was that a good number intend making the trip.

Cod Boy
13-11-2016, 12:16 PM
You would think they would be selling tickets for behind the goals. Would look better on tv as most Scottish games that you see are empty stands behind the goals.

Keith_M
13-11-2016, 12:16 PM
I read a lot of fans complaining about the discomfort of the main stand, but Ive always enjoyed watching from there. Maybe being 5'8 eases the comfort somewhat mind you! A great view in comparison to traditional visitors areas, but behind the goals would be popular with advance sales I'm sure, and something Hibs should maybe liaise with United over if the feeling was that a good number intend making the trip.

It actually is uncomfortable sitting like that for 90 minutes, Last time I felt really cramped and tried to stand but a Steward threatened to throw me out if I kept standing (I was in the back row).

Hermit Crab
13-11-2016, 03:50 PM

Mind your last train is 22:43. If we get held back you might be struggling to make it. The stadium is 2 miles from the station.

Del Boy
13-11-2016, 04:13 PM
Mind your last train is 22:43. If we get held back you might be struggling to make it. The stadium is 2 miles from the station.

It's downhill all the way. Unless there's major delays in the game you'll make that train easily.

Billy Whizz
13-11-2016, 04:22 PM

I can't recall ever being held back at Tanmadice

Albanian Hibs
13-11-2016, 04:49 PM

Never been held back and it wont take him an hour to go downhill to station.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-11-2016, 08:37 PM
Nearest ground for me but one of my least favourite places to visit. The stewards seem to be overly keen to rile supporters and why an away support is stuck in that novelty stand when the shed more or less fills and empties itself is beyond me.

Jones28
13-11-2016, 08:49 PM
Excited for this, brushing the result away we played well yesterday and hopefully we will keep this run going against QOTS next week.

Sir David Gray
13-11-2016, 08:50 PM
Hate Tannadice with a passion, one of my least favourite grounds but I'll still be there regardless.

Looking forward to this - if we win I'll be quite confident of going on to win the league.

GreenCastle
13-11-2016, 09:21 PM
How many tickets are in the side stand?

I was hoping they would open up behind the goals - one of the best atmospheres at an away game a few years when we filled behind the goals.

Billy Whizz
13-11-2016, 09:53 PM
How many tickets are in the side stand?

I was hoping they would open up behind the goals - one of the best atmospheres at an away game a few years when we filled behind the goals.

Think around 1,400 or so.
Cant remember us having behind the goals, since Tam McManus did his pole dance

leither17
14-11-2016, 01:33 AM
It actually is uncomfortable sitting like that for 90 minutes, Last time I felt really cramped and tried to stand but a Steward threatened to throw me out if I kept standing (I was in the back row).

Worse stewards outside the old firm

Danderhall Hibs
14-11-2016, 09:02 AM

2-2 with butcher and when we won 4-1 at Christmas with Mowbray.

mim
14-11-2016, 09:12 AM

That was a game that could have finished 6-4 for United, except for Gary Caldwell throwing himself in front of everything heading towards our goal. :greengrin

FastEddieFelson
14-11-2016, 09:15 AM

also this game from December 2005: http://www.flashscores.co.uk/match/SpAuh2Dk/#match-summary

Carheenlea
14-11-2016, 11:18 AM
That 4-1 game during the Mowbray period was had close on 5000 Hibs fans there.The biggest Hibs crowd I've seen up there since a bumper crowd travelled up for Murdo McLeod's debut when Tannadice was still terracing.

Smartie
14-11-2016, 11:25 AM
That 4-1 game during the Mowbray period was had close on 5000 Hibs fans there.The biggest Hibs crowd I've seen up there since a bumper crowd travelled up for Murdo McLeod's debut when Tannadice was still terracing.

Was that the game around Christmas time?

I seem to remember pumping them up there once with Alen Orman and Craig Rocastle playing a stormer in front of a very healthy away crowd.

scoopyboy
14-11-2016, 11:42 AM

?????

GreenCastle
14-11-2016, 11:42 AM

Yes - amazing away support and noise created.

Would be amazing if we could fill the away end again.

These games could decide the title and every little bit of help counts.

Iggy Pope
14-11-2016, 05:05 PM

I seem to remember pumping them up there once with Alen Orman and Craig Rocastle playing a stormer in front of a very healthy away crowd.

It was. It was also the day the news of the Thai Tsunami was breaking.

monktonharp
14-11-2016, 05:35 PM
Worse stewards outside the old firmthe stewards are shocking half wits, that also enjoy hiding in the toilets to catch young laddies smoking. a bit like the Jannie. anyway, we have a fair bit of interest for our bus, and some are guys not used to travelling with us. sounds like we will have a decent support and they will need to open the shed, as 1400 will not be enough, for the demand

Itsnoteasy
14-11-2016, 05:39 PM
Hate Tannadice with a passion, one of my least favourite grounds but I'll still be there regardless.

Looking forward to this - if we win I'll be quite confident of going on to win the league.

And if we dinnae win?

Pretty Boy
14-11-2016, 05:43 PM

Think it was the 27th December.

I was playing for Spartans at the time and we had a friendly against Stirling Uni in the morning and a few of us headed straight over to Dundee after our game. Sure we lost an early goal, Jason Scotland maybe.

Earlydelivery
14-11-2016, 05:52 PM
It was 26th Boxing Day.i was waiting in Heathrow for flight to see my sis in South Africa and keeping in touch with my m8 who was at game .

S4uzee
14-11-2016, 05:56 PM
Did we not take a big crowd up there when McManus scored late on to win 1-0?
Think we had just beaten hearts 6-2 IIRC

JimBHibees
14-11-2016, 05:58 PM
Did we not take a big crowd up there when McManus scored late on to win 1-0?
Think we had just beaten hearts 6-2 IIRC

Yep can remember being behind the goal when Tam jumped into the crowd.

Earlydelivery
14-11-2016, 06:04 PM
Biggest away support would have to be Scottish cup tie when we lost 1 0 Jackson scored for them.

Nicho87
14-11-2016, 08:29 PM
Killen scored a beauty in a 3-0 win im sure

FastEddieFelson
15-11-2016, 08:45 AM
Think it was the 27th December.

I was playing for Spartans at the time and we had a friendly against Stirling Uni in the morning and a few of us headed straight over to Dundee after our game. Sure we lost an early goal, Jason Scotland maybe.

it was the 27th, aye

http://www.flashscores.co.uk/match/E3kTNMXH/#match-summary

the turnstyles were so busy it was 1-1 before i'd even manage to get in the ground

jgl07
15-11-2016, 10:04 PM
Remember the match in the 1990s when I think the number 4 from one team and the number 6 from the other were sent off after an altercation.

Unfortunately the referee transposed that and sent off the number 6 and the number 4 who had done nothing. Needless to say both sent off players won their appeals. Those who should have been sent off got away wih it.