PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HFCvFFC | LENNON AND MCGREGOR POST-MATCH INTERVIEWS

RSS Bot
12-11-2016, 06:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6966)

ForeverHibs93
12-11-2016, 06:38 PM
Lennon has to take a share of the blame for today, what we were doing clearly wasn't working early in the second half but he didn't change anything until the last 20 minutes, he needs to react quicker and makes the changes to try something different.

ancient hibee
12-11-2016, 06:41 PM
Rogers only had to make one save in the first half.That was very poor.

cmcd
12-11-2016, 07:15 PM
Rogers only had to make one save in the first half.That was very poor.

Still lots of would be managers on here

matty_f
12-11-2016, 07:23 PM
Lennon has to take a share of the blame for today, what we were doing clearly wasn't working early in the second half but he didn't change anything until the last 20 minutes, he needs to react quicker and makes the changes to try something different.

I wouldn't have changed anything until he did, tbf. We had all of the ball and we're totally in control. Our final ball was the issue, not the tactics.

Sure there was an article on Pep Guardiola where it was reported he told his Barca team that it was his job to get the team into the final third, after that it was up to the players. Using that principle, Lennon did his bit.

I don't think you can dismiss the fact that it's not easy to find a way through a team that at some points literally had all their players in their box defending.

lord bunberry
12-11-2016, 07:23 PM
Still lots of would be managers on here

And an equal number of smart *****. What part of the quoted post do you disagree with?

Bishop Hibee
12-11-2016, 08:08 PM
What Lennon says is exactly right although not changing it sooner didn't help matters.

Just saw the highlights on SSN. Definite red card for Taiwo. Hibs defence awful for their goal . Great ball from McGinn and great header from Hanlon.

cmcd
12-11-2016, 10:23 PM
And an equal number of smart *****. What part of the quoted post do you disagree with?

I don't consider myself a smart***** It is a fact that a number of posters think they know better than the manager

RyeSloan
13-11-2016, 12:28 AM
I don't consider myself a smart***** It is a fact that a number of posters think they know better than the manager

Think we are allowed an opinion...just because he is the Manager doesn't automatically mean he always makes the correct decisions.

There is a strong argument to suggest he should have changed it up earlier..the fact we only drew 1-1.

You can't argue his decisions are beyond reproach when the result does little to support it.