PDA

View Full Version : Thugs

Pedantic_Hibee
12-11-2016, 03:49 PM
And Houston is their teacher. Hope we destroy them.

Pete
12-11-2016, 03:50 PM
They are a rugby team who would probably give Australia a good game.

bingo70
12-11-2016, 03:53 PM
'Mon the football team

High-On-Hibs
12-11-2016, 03:54 PM
They're desperate to keep Hibs in the Championship by any means necessary. Even 22 broken legs. Absolute cloggers of the highest order.

HoboHarry
12-11-2016, 03:55 PM
You have to wonder if Falkirk fans think this is worth spending money on to watch....

High-On-Hibs
12-11-2016, 03:56 PM
You have to wonder if Falkirk fans think this is worth spending money on to watch....

Well if they're prepared to spend money on a house in Falkirk....

Pretty Boy

Given their turn out today it would seem not.

MWHIBBIES
**** team with pathetic fans, hope we hammer them

matty_f
12-11-2016, 05:06 PM
Dirty pseudo-hearts *******s. They are an utter disgrace to football. Christ knows how they get a point from us, ****ing horrible football team.

Steve20
12-11-2016, 05:07 PM
It's just excuses. Real anger should be directed toward our own inept management team

Pedantic_Hibee
12-11-2016, 05:11 PM
It's just excuses. Real anger should be directed toward our own inept management team

Yer erse.

Oscar T Grouch
12-11-2016, 05:16 PM

B0llocks. Falkirk came here today to stop us playing, they squeezed the game into a 20 yards strip across the middle of the park, kicked us at every opportunity (Which the ref allowed) and wasted time from the 1st minute. They are a horrible team full of thugs and bad footballers and most teams in Scotland would struggle against that sort of cr@p.

lyonhibs
12-11-2016, 05:16 PM

Agree with your 1st bit. Perhaps a bit excessive to call NL "inept" but we all know what Falkirk are like. It was up to us to rise above that and skelp them by playing clinical football, which was beyond sadly.

A Hi-Bee
12-11-2016, 05:17 PM
Older members will remember worse and harder than this shiete that pretends to be a fitba team, such as the Airdrie teams of the 60's and 70's along with the rankers teams of the same era, we always struggled against teams that could bring us down to their own level and this included many games against the unwashed from gorgie as well.

500miles
12-11-2016, 05:22 PM
The referees attitude was typified by the mandatory booking of a hibs player whenever a Falkirk player was booked in the first half. Didn't have the balls to protect the players after sending off Taiwo for a lunge that could've been spotted from the moon.

Couldn't believe what I was watching.

Pete
12-11-2016, 05:23 PM

You don't need much of an excuse to "direct anger" towards your own team.

Enough said
12-11-2016, 05:37 PM

Embarrassing post .... YAM

#FromTheCapital
12-11-2016, 05:44 PM
Dirty pseudo-hearts *******s. They are an utter disgrace to football. Christ knows how they get a point from us, ****ing horrible football team.

This.

Pretty Boy
12-11-2016, 05:52 PM

Have you ever thought about doing something else on a Saturday? If I hated Hibs as much as you then I'd consider another way to spend my time.

Everyone get's a bit frustrated after a bad result, no one is happy with the league we are currently in but none one else has that special loathing that you do. You hated Stubbs and never missed a chance to put the boot in, even after he gave most of us one of the best days of our lives your praise was grudging at best. Now you have started the same with Lennon.

I'm not even joking either, if your persona on here is anything to go by then Hibs are obviously making you seriously miserable and it can't be good for you.

Dashing Bob S
12-11-2016, 05:59 PM
Pointless complaining about hammer throwers. The football authorities in this country have long been set on a path of mediocrity, and that is promoted by referees allowing teams like Falkirk to play in that manner. They are the norm for this country, it's why we're losers. That's the context of Scottish football, and the environment we have to play in.

That said, we should be brushing she-ite like that aside. I hate hearing this 'on any other day we'd have thrashed Falkirk...' after let another poor result against this Jarko Wiss. I think Lennon is getting closer to cracking the code of how to break teams like that down at ER, but still isn't there yet. He'll know what has to be done and I expect some activity in the January window.

12-11-2016, 06:00 PM
Houston, Levein etc all cut from the same cloth. Build teams full of thugs and hammer throwers with the aim of kicking teams off the park.

snooky
12-11-2016, 06:56 PM
That was a game that would put you off football for life.

1) A team of cynical hatchet men with a manager of the same mind thought.
2) A referee who was a total incompetent and a showman to boot. He should also have been sent off for time wasting. Utterly disgraceful performance.
3) And to a lesser extent, a Hibs team that couldn't put in a decent cross or pass a ball, played at a pedestrian pace and had no clue on how to break down the defence of a team playing with 10 men.

No wonder Scottish football is such a joke when this sort of foul play is helped and even encouraged by its officials.

Gatecrasher
12-11-2016, 10:00 PM
When Tam Cowan selected falkirk for team of the day on the radio it was an insult to anyone who set foot inside a football stadium. Then goes on to wonder why Scotland are so *****.

matty_f
12-11-2016, 10:01 PM
When Tam Cowan selected falkirk for team of the day on the radio it was an insult to anyone who set foot inside a football stadium. Then goes on to wonder why Scotland are so *****.

To be fair, he hadn't seen the performance and was happy to read out texts/emails saying Falkirk were a disgrace.

Gatecrasher
12-11-2016, 10:03 PM
To be fair, he hadn't seen the performance and was happy to read out texts/emails saying Falkirk were a disgrace.

I must have arrived home by then.

O'Rourke3
12-11-2016, 10:04 PM
I didn't hear the whole programme but it was Stuart Cosgrove who selected Falkirk. Nothing more than 65 mins with 10 men at the hardest ground to get a,result. There was no informed view of the game or the manner.

J-C
12-11-2016, 10:10 PM
I never used to bother too much about Falkirk, they were just there but I now hate them with a passion, anti football cloggers all stemming from their leader Houston.

cmcd
12-11-2016, 11:25 PM

Nonsense

hibees 7062
12-11-2016, 11:53 PM
And on 810 after the game Houston said he has a guy that films his games and he came in at half time to show him the footage and shocked to hear that Houston thought it was a fair tackle

hibee_girl
13-11-2016, 12:06 AM
And on 810 after the game Houston said he has a guy that films his games and he came in at half time to show him the footage and shocked to hear that Houston thought it was a fair tackle

No surprise, Houston has really taken against McGinn after that penalty incident last season

Golden Bear
13-11-2016, 12:09 AM
Not read this entire thread but Houston and his band of cheating/diving/time wasting stormtroopers portray the worst possible face of Scottish football and I really detest them.

jacomo
13-11-2016, 11:40 AM
I never used to bother too much about Falkirk, they were just there but I now hate them with a passion, anti football cloggers all stemming from their leader Houston.

Yogi had them doing alright.

Carheenlea
13-11-2016, 11:47 AM
Imagine if every team played with a philosophy of that of Peter Houston. Guys like him have contributed absolutely nothing to the sport at all. Nothing.

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-11-2016, 11:51 AM
So what do we want then? Teams to come to ER and play to our strengths rather than their own? That is the mentality of the enthusiastic amateurs with the bobbly hats and wooden rattles. Pointless mumping if we are saying that Falkirk came and did exactly as we thought they would do. Where is the thread about how we were going to combat and overcome a known threat?

matty_f
13-11-2016, 11:55 AM

Top of the league, Steve. Sair yin, eh?

MWHIBBIES
13-11-2016, 12:08 PM
So what do we want then? Teams to come to ER and play to our strengths rather than their own? That is the mentality of the enthusiastic amateurs with the bobbly hats and wooden rattles. Pointless mumping if we are saying that Falkirk came and did exactly as we thought they would do. Where is the thread about how we were going to combat and overcome a known threat?Teams can do what they like, if referees apply the rules they end up with 8 men and we win comfortably.

B.H.F.C
13-11-2016, 12:14 PM
Teams can do what they like, if referees apply the rules they end up with 8 men and we win comfortably.

The ref didn't stop us putting the ball in the net though. Or defend the one and only attack we actually had to defend horrendously.

We should still have won the game comfortably. Can't be blaming the ref every time we drop points.

Ozymandias
13-11-2016, 12:21 PM
The ref didn't stop us putting the ball in the net though. Or defend the one and only attack we actually had to defend horrendously.

We should still have won the game comfortably. Can't be blaming the ref every time we drop points.

You're right we can't but it does have an influence on the game. I'm usually a defender of refs but when the laws are not applied like happened yesterday, it gives the anti-football Houston promotes a chance to thrive. Most refs would have booked Hippolite and Baird in the first 25 minutes, and that changes their ability to compete. Keeper should have been booked for time wasting - the bloody ref runs 40 yards to tell him to stop time wasting, then runs back, contributing to the time wasting himself! So he's not to blame for us not scoring in the game, but the game would/could have been different if he had done his job properly.

snooky
13-11-2016, 12:26 PM
You're right we can't but it does have an influence on the game. I'm usually a defender of refs but when the laws are not applied like happened yesterday, it gives the anti-football Houston promotes a chance to thrive. Most refs would have booked Hippolite and Baird in the first 25 minutes, and that changes their ability to compete. Keeper should have been booked for time wasting - the bloody ref runs 40 yards to tell him to stop time wasting, then runs back, contributing to the time wasting himself! So he's not to blame for us not scoring in the game, but the game would/could have been different if he had done his job properly.
As I said earlier, he should have booked himself for time-wasting. He soaked up being the centre of attention like a pantomime villain.

lucky
13-11-2016, 12:30 PM
Not read this entire thread but Houston and his band of cheating/diving/time wasting stormtroopers portray the worst possible face of Scottish football and I really detest them.

You don't need to read the thread your spot on.

MWHIBBIES
13-11-2016, 12:31 PM

We should still have won the game comfortably. Can't be blaming the ref every time we drop points.We can blame the ref if he is actually to blame, though. He let them kick our players black and blue and disrupt the flow of the game. That makes it much easier for them to defend and harder for us to attack.

B.H.F.C
13-11-2016, 12:32 PM
We can blame the ref if he is actually to blame, though. He let them kick our players black and blue and disrupt the flow of the game. That makes it much easier for them to defend and harder for us to attack.

Do you genuinely believe that the ref cost us 3 points yesterday?

Sas_The_Hibby
13-11-2016, 12:34 PM
Do you genuinely believe that the ref cost us 3 points yesterday?

No, only two :wink:

MWHIBBIES
13-11-2016, 12:35 PM
Do you genuinely believe that the ref cost us 3 points yesterday?Impossible to say. Would we have had a better chance of winning if he had applied the rules properly for 90 minutes? Without question.

Sas_The_Hibby
13-11-2016, 12:42 PM
So what do we want then? Teams to come to ER and play to our strengths rather than their own? That is the mentality of the enthusiastic amateurs with the bobbly hats and wooden rattles. Pointless mumping if we are saying that Falkirk came and did exactly as we thought they would do. Where is the thread about how we were going to combat and overcome a known threat?

QOS and Ayr both came here and won, through defending most of the game and taking their chances when they came (unlike us). Fair dos to them- they didn't try and kick us off the park and deserved what they got ultimately.

Falkirk deserved nothing yesterday because their main tactic was to cynically get away with as much as they could and flagrantly waste time outwith the laws of the game, ably abetted by totally incompetent officials.

Perhaps we only deserved one point, because of our continuing inability to turn possession and shots into goals, but Falkirk didn't deserve any points IMO.

B.H.F.C
13-11-2016, 12:44 PM
Impossible to say. Would we have had a better chance of winning if he had applied the rules properly for 90 minutes? Without question.

Would we have had a better chance if we had got more than 5 shots out of 20 on target? If we had made use of our 18 corners? If we hadn't defended the 1 corner we had to defend so badly?

I was cracking up at the referee during the game yesterday but I still find it difficult to lay the blame at his door. His performance and the Falkirk antics should have been an irrelevance, especially when we played against 10 men for over an hour.

J-C
13-11-2016, 12:48 PM
Yogi had them doing alright.

You totally misread what I meant, Falkirk were a team I never really bothered about one way or another, just another Scottish team who either played in the Premier league or the one below, I had no feelings towards them one way or another. Since Houston has taken over I have come to hate Falkirk, their players and especially their manager, I now want Hibs to hump them every game and also kick lumps out of them at the same time.

MWHIBBIES
13-11-2016, 01:05 PM
Would we have had a better chance if we had got more than 5 shots out of 20 on target? If we had made use of our 18 corners? If we hadn't defended the 1 corner we had to defend so badly?

I was cracking up at the referee during the game yesterday but I still find it difficult to lay the blame at his door. His performance and the Falkirk antics should have been an irrelevance, especially when we played against 10 men for over an hour.

I expect the referee to be able to do his job, I don't expect Hibs to score 5 goals every week. If the rules are applied correctly and we still don't win I'll blame our team but while things like the 3 reds in 3 weeks and yesterday's medieval tactics by those puddle drinkers continue to happen and go against Hibs I'll continue to be angry and blame the ref.

Same thing as last season. McGinn stone waller denied. McGinn red card against them rescinded. Blatant handball in the playoffs. I'll start worrying when we start dropping points in fair games, not 12vs11.

B.H.F.C
13-11-2016, 01:30 PM
I expect the referee to be able to do his job, I don't expect Hibs to score 5 goals every week. If the rules are applied correctly and we still don't win I'll blame our team but while things like the 3 reds in 3 weeks and yesterday's medieval tactics by those puddle drinkers continue to happen and go against Hibs I'll continue to be angry and blame the ref.

Same thing as last season. McGinn stone waller denied. McGinn red card against them rescinded. Blatant handball in the playoffs. I'll start worrying when we start dropping points in fair games, not 12vs11.

Think you need to take the green tinted specs off. The ref was a contributing factor but thats out of our control. If we had done the things that are in our control better, we win the game.

On previous occasions I think refs have made critical decisions that have cost us. Yesterday his performance wasn't helpful but we should still have won the game.

Dundee Hibee
13-11-2016, 01:48 PM
I would suggest that with 20 shots at goal to their 2 we should have won comforably, that same stat shows you where the problem is we are simply not clinical enough in front of goal, dare I suggest that we cannot afford the same level of proflicagy against United as they have shown they can win games 1-0.

Ozymandias
13-11-2016, 01:51 PM
Think you need to take the green tinted specs off. The ref was a contributing factor but thats out of our control. If we had done the things that are in our control better, we win the game.

On previous occasions I think refs have made critical decisions that have cost us. Yesterday his performance wasn't helpful but we should still have won the game.
Its not unreasonable to expect the things that should controlled (possession without fear of being crippled or sanctions applied when the laws are transgressed) are controlled. Obviously you cant tell what would have happened, but Baird and Hippolite in particular have to play differently if they're ridign a yellow and down to ten men already. That does affect the game.

B.H.F.C
13-11-2016, 02:02 PM
Its not unreasonable to expect the things that should controlled (possession without fear of being crippled or sanctions applied when the laws are transgressed) are controlled. Obviously you cant tell what would have happened, but Baird and Hippolite in particular have to play differently if they're ridign a yellow and down to ten men already. That does affect the game.

I'm not for a minute defending the referee or anything like that. All I'm saying is that IMO, it was our own failings that cost us yesterday and not his. Even allowing for his performance we should have still won the game, and quite comfortably at that.

Bayern Bru
13-11-2016, 04:25 PM
They are a rugby team who would probably give Australia a good game.

Given their turn out today it would seem not.

Ironically a hell of a lot of folk in Scotland rugby gear got off the 6pm Edinburgh-Glasgow train at Falkirk High last night. Must have got the venues mixed up.

KeithTheHibby
13-11-2016, 04:45 PM

You massive troll.

NAE NOOKIE
13-11-2016, 04:46 PM
If we had converted our chances we would have won, we didn't so we didn't.

But even though the ref isn't to blame for that he was totally inept at controlling Falkirk's over physical and time wasting tactics, there were a number of challenges that he should certainly have booked and didn't ... at one point a Hibs player, McGinn or Shinnie I think it was, was hauled back near enough by a choke hold when he was about to break towards their box, it was as clear a booking as you'll see and the ref did nothing.

What really boiled ma pish as they say was that for at least the last half hour of the game the Falkirk keeper was wasting time at every goal kick of which there was dozens, when you looked at the ref he was in the middle of the park with his back to their keeper ... it was almost as if he was determined not to look at him because he didn't want to card him .... what sort of a ref turns his back on the play like that? ... it was baffling. It even got to the point where you could feel the vibes from the keeper that he felt a booking was coming on for time wasting, even he must have been amazed, if not laughing his arse off, that it never happened.

When you look at Falkirk there are times in possession when you can see that there might actually be a football team in there, but with that Dinosaur in charge all you ever get from them is the same brutal fouling and niggling to break up play and time wasting if they do manage to score a goal .... they managed to hold us off with 10 men because they play exactly the same way with 11 men, it was no plucky performance it was just same old same old. What a horrible shower they are.

jacomo
13-11-2016, 11:10 PM
You totally misread what I meant, Falkirk were a team I never really bothered about one way or another, just another Scottish team who either played in the Premier league or the one below, I had no feelings towards them one way or another. Since Houston has taken over I have come to hate Falkirk, their players and especially their manager, I now want Hibs to hump them every game and also kick lumps out of them at the same time.

No I'm with you.

All I am saying is that they use to try to play football and had success with it. But under Houston they seem to have regressed, and become cynical cloggers. It's Levein football and it's horrible.

J-C
13-11-2016, 11:55 PM
No I'm with you.

All I am saying is that they use to try to play football and had success with it. But under Houston they seem to have regressed, and become cynical cloggers. It's Levein football and it's horrible.

:thumbsup:

JimBHibees
14-11-2016, 07:50 AM

Course it does it can also mean their manager taking them off if they look like they may get a red. No chance of that with they 2 on Saturday.