PDA

View Full Version : BBC radio Again

ArmadaleHibs
12-11-2016, 12:22 PM
Richard Gordon absolutely hates us. When asked who would win the championship when he popped on to off the ball his reply was

"Dundee United have a better squad, so they will finish above hibs"

We could be ten points clear and that erse would not say hibs. There is no way they have a better squad than us

chasitup
12-11-2016, 12:26 PM
I honestly couldn't care less what he says, he's entitled to an opinion. If he believes that then fine. What's the problem?

ArmadaleHibs
12-11-2016, 12:31 PM
I honestly couldn't care less what he says, he's entitled to an opinion. If he believes that then fine. What's the problem?

There is no problem mate. Bit of a hostile response from yourself. Seems there's usually a thread each week picking at BBC having a negative thought towards hibs and thought I'd throw that one in.

WhileTheChief..
12-11-2016, 12:32 PM
He said it was really hard to call between the 2 teams but based on what he's seen he thought Utd might shade it.

Hardly hating on Hibs.

eastterrace
12-11-2016, 12:33 PM
Yes who cares what he says that's his opinion, make him look silly when it doesn't happen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Green Goblin
12-11-2016, 12:34 PM
Best just not to listen to it...

ArmadaleHibs
12-11-2016, 12:35 PM
He said it was really hard to call between the 2 teams but based on what he's seen he thought Utd might shade it.

Hardly hating on Hibs.

I'm not suggesting that this sole comment has him hating us. I was merely adding to the last numerous weekends where he has along with many of the pundits on BBC have had a negative take on hibs.

Borderhibbie76
12-11-2016, 12:41 PM
I'm not suggesting that this sole comment has him hating us. I was merely adding to the last numerous weekends where he has along with many of the pundits on BBC have had a negative take on hibs.
Your right mate he never usually has a good thing to say about us...that's why I never listen to him or any of the "open all ars####s" brigade anymore

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albanian Hibs
12-11-2016, 12:42 PM
Clown

oneone73
12-11-2016, 12:42 PM

Hardly hating on Hibs.

Wonder what he's seen? Has he done one of our games?

chasitup
12-11-2016, 12:47 PM
There is no problem mate. Bit of a hostile response from yourself. Seems there's usually a thread each week picking at BBC having a negative thought towards hibs and thought I'd throw that one in.
No hostility dude, apologies if you felt that. I just honestly couldn't care what any of our so called media have to say about Hibs. All good.

Borderhibbie76
12-11-2016, 12:48 PM
Wonder what he's seen? Has he done one of our games?
Can't imagine why anyone would say they have a stronger squad than us?? Only player of theirs I'd take tbh is Andreu- other than that we are stronger in defence, midfield and upfront imo. Also take into account we have been missing the likes of Keatings and Mcgeouch of late...who would walk into their team

resident_Arab
12-11-2016, 12:54 PM
Richard Gordon absolutely hates us. When asked who would win the championship when he popped on to off the ball his reply was

We could be ten points clear and that erse would not say hibs. There is no way they have a better squad than us

Listen, nonsense

Gordon hates United, being an Aberdeen fan with a Dundee supporting son, has always been bitter about Utd

His opinion, whether right or wrong

ArmadaleHibs
12-11-2016, 12:56 PM
No hostility dude, apologies if you felt that. I just honestly couldn't care what any of our so called media have to say about Hibs. All good.

Fair one mate. sometimes when not knowing the person by face when replying to a thread you create a kind of voice in your head and I created a dry arid one for yourself lol. Apologies from me

silverhibee
12-11-2016, 01:02 PM
Best just not to listen to it...

The problem is, some folk have no choice but to listen to it as its the only place to hear about Scottish games on match day, if I'm driving to a game or coming home from one then it's BBC sportsound that I listen to for results in Scotland.

I don't agree with some of the crap they come away with and there thoughts on Hibs from the BBC panel, I normally have arguments with them and tell them they are talking pish, problem is I'm talking to a radio station who can't hear me. :greengrin

KWJ
12-11-2016, 01:18 PM

Hardly hating on Hibs.

Exactly. He was asked his opiniom and gave Utd the edge.

Joe6-2
12-11-2016, 02:14 PM
Exactly. He was asked his opiniom and gave Utd the edge.

He's still a fud!

heretoday
12-11-2016, 02:40 PM
Can't stand Richard Gordon. Laughing boy.

Spike Mandela
12-11-2016, 03:03 PM
Can't stand Richard Gordon. Laughing boy.

Looking forward to the day his 'karma' arrives. Please, please an Aberdeen relegation in my lifetime lol.

High-On-Hibs
12-11-2016, 03:12 PM
Why do people persist with a news network that they can't stand? Just turn it off.

Joe6-2
12-11-2016, 03:14 PM
Why do people persist with a news network that they can't stand? Just turn if off.

This!

Danderhall Hibs
12-11-2016, 04:00 PM
Why do people persist with a news network that they can't stand? Just turn it off.

If they didn't listen they'd still moan. By the looks of things what's being moaned about isn't even what he said!

And if he did he's allowed an opinion!

blackpoolhibs
12-11-2016, 04:02 PM

I wish, i'd laugh at him if he was saying it then. :boo hoo:

greenginger
12-11-2016, 04:03 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37881922

And they don't even give us a point for a draw !

Steve20
12-11-2016, 04:06 PM

He predicting a team one point behind us and they're playing far better than us. Unless Lennon gets a clue, they will finish above us.

That was pathetic today.

horseflesh
12-11-2016, 04:22 PM
Hibs may have a slightly better squad but only just, Tony Andreu appears to have been a good bit of business as goals win games.
Our squad is definetly weaker than last year but I expect us to strengthen it in January and hopefully with players who are match fit (Kris Commons need not apply)

Beefster
12-11-2016, 04:58 PM
As if 2016 couldn't get any worse, someone thinks Dundee Utd will win automatic promotion.

Borderhibbie76
12-11-2016, 05:00 PM
He predicting a team one point behind us and they're playing far better than us. Unless Lennon gets a clue, they will finish above us.

That was pathetic today.
Are you serious??? Frustrating yes but never pathetic...u need to get a grip. Sheer negativity on every thread. We played well today...never was that pathetic!!!

chasitup
12-11-2016, 05:02 PM
Fair one mate. sometimes when not knowing the person by face when replying to a thread you create a kind of voice in your head and I created a dry arid one for yourself lol. Apologies from me
:aok: all good my man.

blackpoolhibs
12-11-2016, 05:03 PM
Are you serious??? Frustrating yes but never pathetic...u need to get a grip. Sheer negativity on every thread. We played well today...never was that pathetic!!!

Do you know what is pathetic, that prick Houston being proved once again if you put crosses in our box they are vulnerable.

1 cross 1 goal, he will be creaming his pants tonight.

monktonharp
12-11-2016, 05:19 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37881922

And they don't even give us a point for a draw !unbelievable that they are still showing us on level points , and the GD column still wrong too.

Thecat23
12-11-2016, 05:23 PM

That was pathetic today.

😂😂

Pathetic? Seriously Steve your posts are very predictable these days, can you not mix it up a little??

monktonharp
12-11-2016, 05:34 PM

That was pathetic today.I might be out of order, as I was not at the game today but, pathetic? judging by a couple of reports I've just read, we were miles ahead of the Bairns today both in terms of shots and corners alone, it certainly seems we were hardly pathetic. we all (on here) know how Houston sets his stall out against a footballing side. looks like he got the desired result, despite losing a midfielder for the next couple of games.they only ever play fitba' for the last 10-15 mins of a game. disappointing again, not to beat them but I was at last week's game and we looked miles ahead of AYR.

hibbysam
12-11-2016, 05:41 PM
Do you know what is pathetic, that prick Houston being proved once again if you put crosses in our box they are vulnerable.

Without being there today, I would be mightily surprised if they only put one cross into our box.

monktonharp
12-11-2016, 05:45 PM
Without being there today, I would be mightily surprised if they only put one cross into our box.Ignore the bbc report. read a couple of others and you'll probably find the 1 cross is close

Col2
12-11-2016, 05:53 PM
Richard Gordon has over time become bitter and loves a dig at Hibs.

His love in with Chic, Preston, Willie Miller about Hibs Scottish Cup record has been destroyed. He also can face the fact that his super dooper Aberdeen team have won a league cup on penalties and made a final against Celtic - which they will lose.

They haven't won the Scottish cup since the eighties.

Get it right up ye

BS44
12-11-2016, 06:09 PM
Chick is on the radio tonight and if Strachan goes he wants Jim Duffy to be next Scotland manager, and he's been serious 😐

matty_f
12-11-2016, 06:33 PM
Well they read out my son's 'Darren McGregor for Scotland' text and made his night, so they're alright with me.

GreenOnions
12-11-2016, 11:11 PM
I don't think these guys actually see much of Hibs or anything outside the Premier League. Would many of us follow the Championship closely if we weren't in it?

I do find it hard to believe that he thinks DUFC have a better squad than Hibs but there you go. The only evidence I have seen is that United were absolutely rank at Easter Road last month and we should have put several goals past them. They had two or three injuries I understand but we had a couple of our own IIRC.

I'd be surprised if Richard Gordon has seen more than one full Hibs game this season so his opinion will be more about how many points both Hibs and United have won recently. In that sense - I can see where he's coming from. I wouldn't attach much importance to his opinion though because he won't really have much knowledge. Someone just asked his opinion.

keep the faith
12-11-2016, 11:36 PM
He doesn't hate hibs. Nor does the BBC. He gave his opinion.

Let's leave the paranoia to the toxic twins in the west eh?

keep the faith
12-11-2016, 11:38 PM

When else have we been vulnerable with crosses this season?

northstandhibby
12-11-2016, 11:46 PM
Well they read out my son's 'Darren McGregor for Scotland' text and made his night, so they're alright with me.

Good on open all mics for doing that.

I think they are actually doing not a bad job considering the pressure they are probably under from every corner of this unbelievably divided country of which football is representive of.

It's when R Wilson, D Fergusson and R Maclean and would you believe it chesty presty are on together on evening sportsound it becomes a hun lovein.

I used to like D Fergusson when he first began on open all mics doing the first division stuff which was before I knew he was that D Fergusson of Barries wee bro. Now I can't stand the wee tosser as he has morphed into the little hun windbag he always was.