PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: WHY NOT TRY PIE NOT ON SATURDAY?

RSS Bot
11-11-2016, 02:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6960)

Ilovehibs
11-11-2016, 02:30 PM
Is 'Behind the goals' open for a drink after the match?

Kojock
11-11-2016, 03:24 PM
Is 'Behind the goals' open for a drink after the match?

Not been open after any games this season because it apparently doesn't make any money.

hibbie02
11-11-2016, 04:02 PM
Who the **** wants an artisan pie at a football match? Proper Scotch Pie and broon sauce, no a poncey, flakey, aubergine, couscous and quinoa concoction. Artisan is just another excuse to sell improbable edibles at a huge mark up (probably sold by some guy in a beard). I know I have been to Arsenal....

cabbageandribs1875
11-11-2016, 04:11 PM
i wouldn't dream of buying a pie with a stupid name...can you give me a pie not ...wtf

Pretty Boy
11-11-2016, 04:23 PM
Poncey or not they must be better than the garbage served in the kiosks. I had one for the 1st time in years a couple of games back and it was bordering on inedible, I'm sure I read they had improved recently so god alone knows how bad they must have been before.

I'd still live to see us take the catering in house and get Storries pies in. Improved the quality and support a local business. Couple that with hot cups of soup in the winter and Hibs would be onto a winner. No idea how long the current catering deal has to run but we can surely do better.

Jack
11-11-2016, 04:42 PM
Are pie debates the new flag debates?

I wonder if this is a wee tester before introducing them to other areas of the stadium and if Pie Not have the capacity to supply.

I had a wee bit of a pie not so long ago and it was just as bloody awful as I remembered. I can't believe it's beyond the wit of the caterers to provide a decent quality pie given their cost.

I don't know about Pie Not, anyone know if they retail anywhere, but Bains are better than Storries PB ... unless you're talking about their curry pies!

iwasthere1972
11-11-2016, 04:43 PM
Salmon and smoked haddock. Even I could manage one or two of these bad boys.

How much are they?

ano hibby
11-11-2016, 04:44 PM
Pleased to see the club trying something new here. Hope it works well & encourages more experiments/changes to a an appalling menu.

adhibs
11-11-2016, 04:51 PM
i wouldn't dream of buying a pie with a stupid name...can you give me a pie not ...wtf

Youl be fine just asking for a pie, no need to remind them of there company name.

Good move by the club, about time something edible was sold at easter road.

Ilovehibs
11-11-2016, 05:04 PM
Not been open after any games this season because it apparently doesn't make any money.

Thanks for the info.

Mikey
11-11-2016, 05:08 PM
I'm going to break with convention here and comment on them once I've tried them :greengrin

MB62
11-11-2016, 05:37 PM
Youl be fine just asking for a pie, no need to remind them of there company name.

Good move by the club, about time something edible was sold at easter road.

I asked for two pies at the last game (west stand upper north) and when the guy produced them from the oven, I immediately refused them. The looked absolutely solid and I didn't fancy breaking my teeth on them.
They may well be nice, but not if they massively over cooked :brickwall

11-11-2016, 05:42 PM
Poncey or not they must be better than the garbage served in the kiosks. I had one for the 1st time in years a couple of games back and it was bordering on inedible, I'm sure I read they had improved recently so god alone knows how bad they must have been before.

I'd still live to see us take the catering in house and get Storries pies in. Improved the quality and support a local business. Couple that with hot cups of soup in the winter and Hibs would be onto a winner. No idea how long the current catering deal has to run but we can surely do better.

The pies are ok at the kiosk, tasted far better though. As with everything else at the kiosk, high price, low quality. The burgers in particular are just ridiculously cheap tasting. Bought one last season and the bun was just about frozen and i paid nearly 4 quid for it.

MWHIBBIES
11-11-2016, 05:45 PM
Who the **** wants an artisan pie at a football match? Proper Scotch Pie and broon sauce, no a poncey, flakey, aubergine, couscous and quinoa concoction. Artisan is just another excuse to sell improbable edibles at a huge mark up (probably sold by some guy in a beard). I know I have been to Arsenal....When was the last time they served a proper scotch pie at ER? Been serving soggy ***** for years.

iwasthere1972
11-11-2016, 05:53 PM
When was the last time they served a proper scotch pie at ER? Been serving soggy ***** for years.

:agree: I don't eat meat but if I did I couldn't eat one of those pies. Anybody know what actually goes in them. Just looks like a hard lump of gristle and other things.

matty_f
11-11-2016, 05:56 PM
The pies at Easter Road are overpriced garbage.

Scouse Hibee
11-11-2016, 05:57 PM
:agree: I don't eat meat but if I did I couldn't eat one of those pies. Anybody know what actually goes in them. Just looks like a hard lump of gristle and other things.

Like most cheap "meat" products mechanically stripped ******.

Kojock
11-11-2016, 06:01 PM
Pie Not only supplies BTG they are not available at the kiosks.

iwasthere1972
11-11-2016, 06:05 PM
Pie Not only supplies BTG they are not available at the kiosks.

Not sure that they would be able to supply the kiosks as they are hand made. No idea how many they make or sell on average weekly.

WhileTheChief..
11-11-2016, 06:18 PM
Nowt wrong with the pies at ER. Get one every game with a Bovril. Lovely.

#oldschool

iwasthere1972
11-11-2016, 06:21 PM

#oldschool

Your taste buds are knackered. :greengrin

Itsnoteasy
11-11-2016, 06:43 PM
Who the **** wants an artisan pie at a football match? Proper Scotch Pie and broon sauce, no a poncey, flakey, aubergine, couscous and quinoa concoction. Artisan is just another excuse to sell improbable edibles at a huge mark up (probably sold by some guy in a beard). I know I have been to Arsenal....

They were selling chicken & tarragon pies at Hampden. What is happening to fitbaw these days

danhibees1875
11-11-2016, 06:44 PM
Last time I bought a pie it was absolutely awful. So bad that I'm sure it probably wasn't what they're always like, so I was maybe unlucky.

The ones at the AGMs are usually good though. Not sure who supplies them, but they should get them rolled out across the other stands.

northstandhibby
11-11-2016, 07:08 PM
Bring back the guys who used to go round with the Macaroon Bars and the Chewy Chewing Gum.

BT58
11-11-2016, 07:25 PM
Bring back the guys who used to go round with the Macaroon Bars and the Chewy Chewing Gum.

Erra macaroon bars and spearmint chewing gum...

Kojock
11-11-2016, 07:40 PM
Erra macaroon bars and spearmint chewing gum...

Erra merry macaroon bars and a Wrigleys spearamint chewing gum lol

nickwhibs
11-11-2016, 07:42 PM
Pie Not pies are great 👍 Local and independent too.

Joe6-2
11-11-2016, 08:28 PM

I chuckled at that!

mca
11-11-2016, 09:00 PM
Can Mind o ma Dad Showing me how to eat an Easter rd Pie.. about 1985/86..

First ye had to break a Bit of the Crust off.. and find somewhere sensible to Tip aw the Grease oot..

And What Great pies the were.. Beating the famous Killie pies at the time.. :wink:

and two fer a pound at the time..

I Feel very old now..

Itsnoteasy
11-11-2016, 10:29 PM
Erra merry macaroon bars and a Wrigleys spearamint chewing gum lol

Now was the guy that done that on the East Terracing a Hibby or just there to make a buck or two. If or if not a Hibby surely he would have had paid about a fiver to get in. That's a few chewing gum, chews & macaroon bars to break even.

Lancs Harp
11-11-2016, 10:38 PM
Never even been in the "behind the goals". Anybody recommend it?

Might pop in tomorrow and sample a pie. I'll deliver my pie critique sometime on Sunday or Monday!!

Itsnoteasy
11-11-2016, 10:49 PM
Never even been in the "behind the goals". Anybody recommend it?

Might pop in tomorrow and sample a pie. I'll deliver my pie critique sometime on Sunday or Monday!!
No much change from a £6 for a pie & a pint

3pm
12-11-2016, 08:41 AM
I know Stephen a little from school. Spoke to him about it a few months back. Feedback had been very good at that point.

Delighted to see he is working with Hibs.

Good luck to him.

green day
12-11-2016, 09:10 AM
Was out with some mates watching the football last night and one of the boys had arranged Bains pies (Stenhouse Cross) to be served - very good they were and apparently the guy that owns the shop is a hibbie.

matty_f
12-11-2016, 09:10 AM
I know Stephen a little from school. Spoke to him about it a few months back. Feedback had been very good at that point.

Delighted to see he is working with Hibs.

Good luck to him.
Yeah, in amongst the noise about the crap kiosk pies, I hope these ones are a success.

Mr Grieves
12-11-2016, 09:26 AM
I've had a pie not black pudding, chorizo and tomato pie - it was tidy!

BSEJVT
12-11-2016, 11:49 AM

#oldschool

I would agree with you with the proviso that you need to get them before the crusts are baked rigid

If you get them at the proper stage of cooking they are decent enough.

SeanWilson
12-11-2016, 12:09 PM

Club supporting a local business. Many will also buy to support said local business. Good move.

Keith_M
12-11-2016, 12:23 PM
You lot are so spoilt nowadays.

A greasy pie and hot bovril at the fitba' is what made this country great!

:wink:

givescotlandfreedom
12-11-2016, 05:54 PM
So! How were the pies?