PDA

View Full Version : Engerland vs Scotland....C'mon Scotland!

Pages : 1 [2]

Itsnoteasy
11-11-2016, 08:39 PM
Wonder if Scott Broon wi Re Retire

Danderhall Hibs
11-11-2016, 08:39 PM
What an embarrassment.

As an aside, thanks to Gary McAllister for saying precisely nothing for 90 mins.

TBF he said he wished we had big players in the big positions. Like striker.

Not at centre half though where it's glaringly obvious we're pish!

Diclonius
11-11-2016, 08:40 PM
Bye Strachan. McLeish next for the poisoned chalice?

silverhibee
11-11-2016, 08:40 PM
:agree: And take Darren Fletcher with you

:agree: J. Good player in his time but not up to international level now.

He should be retiring the same time as Brown does in about a hours time.

heretoday
11-11-2016, 08:41 PM
Rose and Walker were the standouts for me. I don't think much of England's central defence though, especially Stones who must be the most hyped player in the Prem.

If we had top strikers we'd have taken advantage in the first half. But we don't - and we didn't.

Hiber-nation
TBF he said he wished we had big players in the big positions. Like striker.

Not at centre half though where it's glaringly obvious we're pish!

Ach I must have been making my tea and toast when he said that....yes tea and toast, that's what watching Scotland has come to!!!

cabbageandribs1875
That may be, but at least we were always known/renowned for our player's 'Fighting-spirit' - today's spineless fxxxxxs just started praying for the final-whistle as soon as it went to 3-0, absolutely shameful !

Billy Bremner. Jim Holton etc wil be doing some turnng in their graves tonight !!

:agree: the white flag was raised, no pride, having said that they were probably wondering just how the heck we lost that 3-0

Hiber-nation
11-11-2016, 08:43 PM
Miller, shut up about Lee Wallace for God's sake, he was abysmal like the rest of the back 4.

TRC
Rose and Walker were the standouts for me. I don't think much of England's central defence though, especially Stones who must be the most hyped player in the Prem.

If we had top strikers we'd have taken advantage in the first half. But we don't - and we didn't.

Roses challenge on the edge of the box was a shocker and not even a free kick!! Scotland were woeful though

rotherhamrob
Nothing will ever change while we keep playing the same old players,bring in some youngsters and give them some experience,yes we'll get some doings but it can't get any worse than this.

PapillonVert
11-11-2016, 08:47 PM
Hibs arw much more important than our inept national team

I am beginning to go that way too

Trying to find something positive to say about the national team but finding it so difficult. Just do not have a clue where to start.

I do not have the faintest idea where we start.

Thank God I like tennis as well as football which means there is a consolation.

Bishop Hibee
11-11-2016, 08:47 PM
Happy with the formation given the players available and happy with the effort. Missed chances cost us. We don't have a centre half worth the name.

Damage was done v Lithuania and Slovakia. No stand out to replace Strachan if he goes.

Only silver lining is Stones and Cahill are murder for them and Southgate will get the job.

Scouse Hibee
11-11-2016, 08:48 PM
Pleasing :-)

McD
11-11-2016, 08:48 PM
Roses challenge on the edge of the box was a shocker and not even a free kick!! Scotland were woeful though

Comical that griffiths was booked for far less just a couple of minutes before.

cabbageandribs1875
11-11-2016, 08:49 PM
huge battle now to stay clear of malta at the bottom

Pretty Boy
11-11-2016, 08:49 PM
Say what you like about Sutton he calls it as it is.

Scotland won't qualify, too little too late from Strachan and change is needed.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
11-11-2016, 08:51 PM
Bye Strachan. McLeish next for the poisoned chalice?

or whoever has contacts in Roslin that can clone us Vincent Kompany, Gerard Pique and Louis Suarez.

PapillonVert
11-11-2016, 08:52 PM
Pleasing :-)

Congratulations, Scouse Hibee. Your team deserved the win.

Jonnyboy
11-11-2016, 08:52 PM
Miller, shut up about Lee Wallace for God's sake, he was abysmal like the rest of the back 4.

:agree: Badly at fault for the second goal when he lost Llalana in the box while looking about for someone to grass on

Lancs Harp
11-11-2016, 08:53 PM
Was that the most passionless England Scotland match you have ever seen?

Pete
11-11-2016, 08:55 PM
Happy with the formation given the players available and happy with the effort. Missed chances cost us. We don't have a centre half worth the name.

Damage was done v Lithuania and Slovakia. No stand out to replace Strachan if he goes.

:agree:

Some effort in the first half and we played well, really getting in their faces.

The difference was the quality. Some really bad finishing and decision making cost us and that's nothing to do with Strachan.

We really need to win every game now to have a chance.

ancient hibee
11-11-2016, 08:55 PM

Only silver lining is Stones and Cahill are murder for them and Southgate will get the job.

Exactly right.The damage was done before tonight when the wrong players and formations were used.Can't help thinking that if we'd had an out and out poacher like Rhodes tonight we might have won because the chances came regularly.

Pete
11-11-2016, 08:58 PM
Passionless?

England deserved to win??

Are people being sarcastic or did they only watch the last ten minutes? :confused:

Pretty Boy
11-11-2016, 08:59 PM
What game were all these people trying to put a big positive spin on things watching?

Poor decision making, little quality, missed chances and gifted goals to England. Guys worked hard, certainly can't fault the effort but that's about it.

Lancs Harp
11-11-2016, 08:59 PM
From an England point of view, the comments about Cahill and Stones are bob on. Thier attempts at trying to play out from the back were laughable. Walker and Rose were a handful but the key to the game was the first 5 minutes of the second half. Two good chances for Scotland missed, England immediatley get a chance and score. Game over.

Lancs Harp
11-11-2016, 09:01 PM
Passionless?

England deserved to win??

Are people being sarcastic or did they only watch the last ten minutes? :confused:

Yeah sorry Pete, thought that was the most passionless England Scotland match I have ever seen.

Hiber-nation
11-11-2016, 09:01 PM
Another ridiculous Strachan interview. So the players have been absolutely fantastic in every game have they? Must be the manager's fault we've only got 4 points then.

A Hi-Bee
11-11-2016, 09:07 PM
Law, Baxter, Stanton etc, short answer NEVER time for a root cause analysis, get rid of them all and start again, start at the top and work the way down, get them all to ******.
Trying not to be too critical, but it was a strange game, crack gordon never had a save to make until 89mins when he caught a cross, all the rest he missed, apart from the one the little englunder skyed over from 2 yards.

3 headers and three goals with not a ******in defender in sight, then they go and bring Rolf (I can cross a baw) on, and the leave deary o fletcher on this park, get rid o them, morrisonI never see until he was being substituted, decision making of the schoolboy type right up there wi the best, inept and the only positive thing about the whole night was them playing in that ******in pink shirt, positive as not many around the world would recognise them if even interested of course, most outside the U.K. could not even point oot Scotland on a ******in map.
As for the Aberdonian connection that masquerades as management get them ti F88k out of there as well.

We conspired to make one of the worst engurland teams ever look reasonable, F88kin shambles.

Scotland the ******in who, and dont get me started on that shower in the studio, between Gary (gi me the penalty) Mac, and millar the boneheid, wi the mouth o the south, give me a F*8kin break, drivel after drivel, and they tell me that Malky Makay is in the running for future Scotland Development Director, tell's you everything that is ******in wrong wi our grand auld game.

Never to be seen again!

Pete
11-11-2016, 09:10 PM
Yeah sorry Pete, thought that was the most passionless England Scotland match I have ever seen.

There was plenty passion and effort in our performance but if you're talking about the general vibe of the game then I agree. It didn't really feel like a competitive England v Scotland match for some reason and I'm not sure that pink strip helped.

Anyway, England should have their three points docked for wearing poppies.

Deansy
11-11-2016, 09:10 PM
Was that the most passionless England Scotland match you have ever seen?

Definitely - if you're talking about the Scotland-players !

Allant1981
11-11-2016, 09:18 PM
Paul Hanlon is a better CB than Hanley....

No he isnt

Unseen work
11-11-2016, 09:21 PM
Our defence is shambolic

Anya Hanley Berra

Is a awful defence.

A midfield of brown Morrison and Fletcher doesn't nearly offer enough. Far too one paced

A Hi-Bee
11-11-2016, 09:23 PM
No he isnt

He is better than that clown berra or whatever his name is.

Sir David Gray
11-11-2016, 09:27 PM
3-0 certainly flattered England but if you don't take the sort of chances that Hanley had in the first half and don't defend well at the three goals they scored then the outcome is inevitable.

This campaign is over already so it's about looking to the future once again.

Let's look towards the Euro 2020 campaign and focus everything on qualifying for that.

Mibbes Aye
11-11-2016, 09:28 PM
It doesn't matter a monkeys tosser whom the Manager is. The truth is we have a very poor pool of players to choose from. As a nation, we just don't produce real quality players any more.

I agree there is a real issue with players coming through, with the technical ability to play against decent competition. I did a very quick,random search. This was our under-21 squad, three years ago for a qualification double-header.

Squad to face Slovakia and Georgia:
Goalkeepers: Jordan Archer (Tottenham Hotspur), Christopher Kettings (Blackpool, on loan to York)
Defenders: Stuart Findlay (Celtic), Jack Grimmer (Fulham), Ryan Jack (Aberdeen), Jordan McGhee (Heart of Midlothian), Andrew Robertson (Dundee United), Clark Robertson (Aberdeen), Lewis Toshney (Celtic)
Midfielders: Stuart Armstrong (Dundee United), Fraser Fyvie (Wigan Athletic), John Herron (Celtic), Jason Holt (Heart of Midlothian), Lewis Macleod (Rangers), Dylan McGeouch (Celtic)
Forwards: Mark Beck (Carlisle United), Ryan Fraser (Bournemouth), Stevie May (St Johnstone), Callum McGregor (Celtic, on loan to Notts County), Callum Paterson (Heart of Midlothian)

There's a lot of names I don't recognise there, I've no idea how they've progressed. I guess Andrew Robertson is the obvious stand-out. I also fully acknowledge that players can pick up a number of caps at U-21 and still not make that final breakthrough to regular club football at a decent level. What seems apparent is that we will only get one or two real options each year, unless we're really lucky, which means it would take a few years to develop a cohort in the squad who are all technically as good as Robertson - that's assuming we get players like him year-on-year,though the coaching set-up has been slowly changing in this country so I'm hopeful.

By comparison, the England Under-21 squad that year featured Butland, Clyne, Henderson, Rose, Redmond and Shelvey. Luke Shaw and Andros Townsend missed out through injury etc. Again though, it featured players who I've never heard of and don't appear to have made it. There's four or five there who are automatic England squad picks, plus Butland who stands a good chance of being their long-term GK pick in the future. Given England is ten times the size of Scotland I'm not sure whether they are underperforming!

InchHibby
11-11-2016, 09:36 PM
Law, Baxter, Stanton etc, short answer NEVER time for a root cause analysis, get rid of them all and start again, start at the top and work the way down, get them all to ******.
Trying not to be too critical, but it was a strange game, crack gordon never had a save to make until 89mins when he caught a cross, all the rest he missed, apart from the one the little englunder skyed over from 2 yards.

3 headers and three goals with not a ******in defender in sight, then they go and bring Rolf (I can cross a baw) on, and the leave deary o fletcher on this park, get rid o them, morrisonI never see until he was being substituted, decision making of the schoolboy type right up there wi the best, inept and the only positive thing about the whole night was them playing in that ******in pink shirt, positive as not many around the world would recognise them if even interested of course, most outside the U.K. could not even point oot Scotland on a ******in map.
As for the Aberdonian connection that masquerades as management get them ti F88k out of there as well.

We conspired to make one of the worst engurland teams ever look reasonable, F88kin shambles.

Scotland the ******in who, and dont get me started on that shower in the studio, between Gary (gi me the penalty) Mac, and millar the boneheid, wi the mouth o the south, give me a F*8kin break, drivel after drivel, and they tell me that Malky Makay is in the running for future Scotland Development Director, tell's you everything that is ******in wrong wi our grand auld game.

Never to be seen again!

I agree with all of this

Thecat23
11-11-2016, 09:42 PM
England won by never coming out second gear. We ran about a little more than them chasing lost causes because that's what we do and some think that deserves some kind of applause.

Scotland are rotten to the very core and the proof is we haven't been to any major finals since 98. No more hard luck crap, Scotland are terrible with a terrible team and a terrible manager.

Be years before we see a change in mentality and the way we play the game.

dmc1875
11-11-2016, 09:42 PM
No he isnt

I've not seen anything from Hanley to make me think he's a good CB in the slightest so IMO I just don't see how he is.

Hanlon reads the game better, is a better footballer with the ball on the deck as well regardless of what division he plays in. I haven't seen anything from Hanley that makes me think he is anywhere near international standard. Berra the same.

AFKA5814_Hibs
11-11-2016, 09:55 PM
Watching on TV, the atmosphere seemed pretty ****** considering the hype over the game, sounded like a training ground match towards the end.

Not a big fan of international football, can't ever get up for Scotland games like I do for Hibs games. 1st half was getting more into it as Scotland were by far the better side, but they let you down once again.

I know which game will upset my weekend and it certainly wasn't this one.

silverhibee
11-11-2016, 10:02 PM
Oh well, look on the bright side, Hibs the morn..:flag:

jacomo
11-11-2016, 10:04 PM
:agree:

Some effort in the first half and we played well, really getting in their faces.

The difference was the quality. Some really bad finishing and decision making cost us and that's nothing to do with Strachan.

We really need to win every game now to have a chance.

Much was ok tonight but the defence? Oh dear. Anya on one side a smart idea but our central defenders are very poor.

Still a better Strachan team than other recent ones. I think he should stay in the job a bit longer and see if he can actually put an effective team together.

Leigh needs a run I think, not just dropped in for one game and expected to deliver.

Northernhibee
11-11-2016, 10:11 PM
To get to back to where we should be internationally we need to change our club game. Look at that day on 21st May - defensive errors made that game spectacular for the neutral. It may be crap technically but Scottish football throws up some great games. Look recently - both 3-2 and 4-0 against Rangers, 4-3 against Falkirk, 2-2 against Hearts, 6-6 against Motherwell. I don't care how crap it might be, Scottish football is entertaining and if a poor national side is the price I'll take it.

Sergey
11-11-2016, 10:59 PM
I'm just back from the match and I honestly didn't think we played too badly. The turning point was not equalising when Griffiths was 2 on 1 in the 1st half and skewing a shot wide early in the 2nd half, not to mention a free header that someone should have done better with. England scored with their only shots on target and I don't think you could blame the defence as they were reasonably well worked goals from wide positions.

England are a poor side and their lack of movement off the ball is criminal. If they keep Southgate as manager then that's another 2 years of woe as he looks clueless. The English fans I got speaking to certainly don't want him.

Finally, that's my first visit to the new Wembley. Mixed thoughts on the ground itself as having debenture seats between the two tiers doesn't work. Sitting in with the England fans was iffy, but I live to fight another day.

GreenCastle
11-11-2016, 11:09 PM
England won 3-0 and didn't even need to play well.

The atmosphere was flat as England found it so easy and their fans knew it.

England aren't even a good side either and it will show when they qualify one again and get eliminated easily.

Scotland are years away from qualifying - posted on other thread but several things need changed if Scotland are ever wanting to develop a standard of player that can compete at a tournament.

johnbc70
11-11-2016, 11:17 PM
At what point does Stewart Regan take some responsibly? He has been in charge for 6 years now yet seems to get an easy ride. He has overseen one failure after another. Time to replace him but he seems accountable to nobody.

ehf
11-11-2016, 11:39 PM
Sitter from Sterling a few minutes ago.

That miss from Sterling has kept Strachan his job; 4-0 would have been the tipping point.

LustForLeith
12-11-2016, 06:49 AM
Effort shcemffort. History books will show England 3 Scotland 0. There were no postives to take from that game from Scotland's point of view and we now make average teams look like world beaters.

ShinyFantastic
12-11-2016, 07:00 AM
On way back to get to the Hibs game... Scotland- hopeless. Strachan out.

Brightside
12-11-2016, 07:50 AM
I've not seen anything from Hanley to make me think he's a good CB in the slightest so IMO I just don't see how he is.

Hanlon reads the game better, is a better footballer with the ball on the deck as well regardless of what division he plays in. I haven't seen anything from Hanley that makes me think he is anywhere near international standard. Berra the same.

If Hanlon made the type of errors Hanley does he would get slatted on here. Hanley is a truly dreadful footballer.

stantonhibby
12-11-2016, 08:18 AM
If Hanlon made the type of errors Hanley does he would get slatted on here. Hanley is a truly dreadful footballer.

Yep.... he is woeful.

Allant1981
12-11-2016, 08:38 AM

Sorry but think you need to take the green tinted glasses off, not going to make this another hanlon thread but hanlon isnt as good as some on here make out, decent enough at this level but international football is altogether different

JimBHibees
12-11-2016, 08:55 AM
Griffiths should be shot for shooting when he should have played in Snodgrass and Hanleys header was appalling. Didn't do bad but bottom line is Ebgland were bang average and won in a canter.

High-On-Hibs
12-11-2016, 10:43 AM
Engerlish media already tainting the Scottish Fans as thugs and the Engerlish fans as poor innocent victims once again. They're even turning it into an #SNPbad news story. :rolleyes:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/wembley-violence-scotland-vs-england-match-marred-by-shocking-scenes-a3393946.html

Scouse Hibee
12-11-2016, 10:50 AM
Engerlish media already tainting the Scottish Fans as thugs and the Engerlish fans as poor innocent victims once again. They're even turning it into an #SNPbad news story. :rolleyes:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/wembley-violence-scotland-vs-england-match-marred-by-shocking-scenes-a3393946.html

I have just read that article and have no idea how you have come to that interpretation?

High-On-Hibs
12-11-2016, 11:06 AM
I have just read that article and have no idea how you have come to that interpretation?

They just had to get Nicola Sturgeons name in there.

The odds of her coming out and condemning the behaviour of Scottish fans is about as likely as Thersea May coming out and condemning the behaviour of English fans. But no mention of her in the article.

Thecat23
12-11-2016, 11:08 AM

Well it's pretty clear. Taking quotes from twitter calling the tartan army ****.

The English media are one of the worst in the world for being two faced. I actually ****ing hate the lot of those papers. Go look at the Daily Mail and you would think we were ****ing ISIS. So for me they can go **** themselves along with the English fans who apparently were fighting between each other. Oh and my source is my cousins who are English and were at the game 👍🏼

Scouse Hibee
12-11-2016, 11:08 AM

The odds of her coming out and condemning the behaviour of Scottish fans is about as likely as Thersea May coming out and condemning the behaviour of English fans. But no mention of her in the article.

They were quoting tweets of others were they not?

Thecat23
12-11-2016, 11:10 AM

It's pointless even arguing about it. The English media and the ****ing clowns who work for them are ****.

Scouse Hibee
12-11-2016, 11:10 AM
Well it's pretty clear. Taking quotes from twitter calling the tartan army ****.

The English media are one of the worst in the world for being two faced. I actually ****ing hate the lot of those papers. Go look at the Daily Mail and you would think we were ****ing ISIS. So for me they can go **** themselves along with the English fans who apparently were fighting between each other. Oh and my source is my cousins who are English and were at the game 👍🏼

Wow such anger maybe they're right ;-)

Thecat23
12-11-2016, 11:11 AM
They were quoting tweets of others were they not?

Yeah they were. Funnily enough there were hundreds praising the Tartan Army where are they in the article??

Thecat23
12-11-2016, 11:12 AM
Wow such anger maybe they're right ;-)

Not at all. I just don't like lies!

Scouse Hibee
12-11-2016, 11:12 AM
It's pointless even arguing about it. The English media and the ****ing clowns who work for them are ****.

As are the media everywhere, not exclusive to England and definately similar in Scotland so don't kid yourself.

northstandhibby
12-11-2016, 11:14 AM
Sounds like a bit of a storm in a teacup to me.

Scotland v England was never going to be a game where the fans hand out scones or paper roses to each other.

And it looks as if there was nothing like the riots that took place in years gone by.

Scouse Hibee
Yeah they were. Funnily enough there were hundreds praising the Tartan Army where are they in the article??

Fair point, but really do you expect any other bias from the press in one nation against an other? Scottish press would take just as many liberties on reporting on England fans.

Thecat23
As are the media everywhere, not exclusive to England and definately similar in Scotland so don't kid yourself.

I'm not kidding myself. I don't read the red top rags here. But believe me when it comes to bumming up England team then slaughtering them if they don't win is unreal.

Then it's the poor wee souls caught up in bother. 😂😂

Thecat23
12-11-2016, 11:16 AM
Sounds like a bit of a storm in a teacup to me.

Scotland v England was never going to be a game where the fans hand out scones or paper roses to each other.

And it looks as if there was nothing like the riots that took place in years gone by.

Correct. Almost every fan behaved this was nothing and many on twitter saying these were English fans. The seats my cousins were in they seen a scuffle between their own supporters.

Scouse Hibee
12-11-2016, 11:17 AM
I'm not kidding myself. I don't read the red top rags here. But believe me when it comes to bumming up England team then slaughtering them if they don't win is unreal.

Then it's the poor wee souls caught up in bother. 😂😂

I tend to ignore the whole load of bollox they report anywhere and form my own opinions of you lot! You're mostly friendly ;-)

Scouse Hibee
12-11-2016, 11:18 AM
Correct. Almost every fan behaved this was nothing and many on twitter saying these were English fans. The seats my cousins were in they seen a scuffle between their own supporters.

Fans fighting amongst each other FFS......were they English Hibbys?

Thecat23
12-11-2016, 11:19 AM
Fans fighting amongst each other FFS......were they English Hibbys?

Apparently they were Huns looking for Hibs fans 😁