PDA

View Full Version : Persevered (new book )

SON OF PADDY
10-11-2016, 07:52 PM
Yes it's another book about our great clubs journey to finally win the holy grail, l thought to myself not another one !
But hey I'm a collector of Hibs books so why not add it to the collection.

Aiden Smith's new book PERSEVERED " How Hibernian smashed the biggest curse in football " is in my humble opinion well worth a read, he tells the story how our friends from the dark side tried to cheekily attempted to have 'Hibsing it' included in the dictionaries 'deluded fool's' that's my opinion of course to that truly wonderful day in May.

I found it a excellent read and would highly recommend it to all Hibs fan's

Viva_Palmeiras
11-11-2016, 06:20 AM
Yes it's another book about our great clubs journey to finally win the holy grail, l thought to myself not another one !
But hey I'm a collector of Hibs books so why not add it to the collection.

Aiden Smith's new book PERSEVERED " How Hibernian smashed the biggest curse in football " is in my humble opinion well worth a read, he tells the story how our friends from the dark side tried to cheekily attempted to have 'Hibsing it' included in the dictionaries 'deluded fool's' that's my opinion of course to that truly wonderful day in May.

I found it a excellent read and would highly recommend it to all Hibs fan's

When was it launched? Missed the fanfare (no pun indented;) or is this a Wee teaser?

I do recall him posting on here for wrapping up with a few thoughts on the exhuberance of May vs Wembley to add to the mix.

SON OF PADDY
11-11-2016, 07:23 AM
[QUOTE=VivaPalmeiras;4856040]When was it launched? Missed the fanfare (no pun indented;) or is this a Wee teaser?

I do recall him posting on here for wrapping up with a few thoughts on the exhuberance of May vs Wembley to add to the mix.[/QUOTE

Thursday was the official date mate, got mine a bit earlier 😉 available from all good book shop's or www.arenasportbooksco.uk.

Just heard that it is going on sale at the Hibs shop to.

bigwheel
11-11-2016, 07:33 AM
it's on my xmas list this one...I like Aidan Smith as a writer...and a genuine Hibby..so looking forward to the read...

hibs0666
11-11-2016, 11:05 AM
In his book 'Heartfelt' he was a lukewarm Hibby. He did not cheer or feel any delight when witnessing Hibs beating the guunts at Tynecastle. No real bleeds-green Hibby would have reacted in this way, and so that book was a shocker as far as I was concerned.

So what's his persona this time around? Is he still a lukewarm Hibby or is he a full-on card-carrying zealot that experienced ever-greater elation as Hibs progressed through the rounds? I think I can probably guess, and it s not going to be the same Aidan Smith that we were presented with in Heartfelt.

Pretty Boy
11-11-2016, 11:14 AM
I always find Smith borders on the unreadable at times. He seems to jump about all over the place with his own personal obsessions taking centre stage.

I'll give this a read as I'll read almost anything Hibs related but if it's in the same style as Heartfelt I'm not sure I'll enjoy it.

bigwheel
11-11-2016, 11:16 AM
In his book 'Heartfelt' he was a lukewarm Hibby. He did not cheer or feel any delight when witnessing Hibs beating the guunts at Tynecastle. No real bleeds-green Hibby would have reacted in this way, and so that book was a shocker as far as I was concerned.

So what's his persona this time around? Is he still a lukewarm Hibby or is he a full-on card-carrying zealot that experienced ever-greater elation as Hibs progressed through the rounds? I think I can probably guess, and it s not going to be the same Aidan Smith that we were presented with in Heartfelt.

Aidan Smith is 100% a Hibby ....Heartfelt was a journey in to the dark side to create a book...it was all about looking at the world through different eyes..that was the whole spirit of the "art" of the book.

jacomo
11-11-2016, 02:46 PM

I think you are being harsh. He was clearly suffering from Stockholm syndrome during that year he spent with Hearts.

I think he was devastated that he was missing an exciting season at ER.

Rugy07
11-11-2016, 02:56 PM
I really enjoyed Heartfelt. I seem to recall the tagline was something like 'supping Bovril from the devil's cup' which I always thought was just brilliant!

For any other non-traditionalists out there, Persevered is available on kindle for £6.64.

LancashireHibby
11-11-2016, 06:04 PM
Aidan Smith is 100% a Hibby ....Heartfelt was a journey in to the dark side to create a book...it was all about looking at the world through different eyes..that was the whole spirit of the "art" of the book.
Hiya Aiden, hiya pal.

(For what it's worth, I enjoyed Heartfelt and will get this one on my Christmas list)

The Captain....
11-11-2016, 08:16 PM
I always find Smith borders on the unreadable at times. He seems to jump about all over the place with his own personal obsessions taking centre stage.

I'll give this a read as I'll read almost anything Hibs related but if it's in the same style as Heartfelt I'm not sure I'll enjoy it.

That's how I'm finding this so far..the best bits are the interviews with Stubbs the rest is difficult to read and meanders all over the place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Topographic Hibby
11-11-2016, 08:44 PM
Heartfelt was hilarious. Best bit was when he met a group of cardigan wearers for an evening game and they had to stop at some fellas house to put the lights on before going to the game!