PDA

View Full Version : BBC Hypocrisy

Frazerbob
10-11-2016, 06:45 PM
After being slaughtered by all and sundry on the BBC TV & radio after our celebrations, they have just released a video on social media encouraging the Tartan Army to bring back the goal posts and turf.

It's on the BBC Radio Scotland Facebook page.....and yes I realise it's supposed to be a joke but FFS!

https://www.facebook.com/bbcradioscotland/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

lord bunberry
10-11-2016, 06:49 PM
If the Rangers fans hadn't entered the pitch that day the celebrations would have been almost identical. Don't expect the BBC to ever say that though.

Argylehibby
10-11-2016, 06:52 PM
After being slaughtered by all and sundry on the BBC TV & radio after our celebrations, they have just released a video on social media encouraging the Tartan Army to bring back the goal posts and turf.

It's on the BBC Radio Scotland Facebook page.....and yes I realise it's supposed to be a joke but FFS!

STV have been promoting the game in a similar fashion with adverts "testing the turf". Two faced doesn't come close!

Pretty Boy
10-11-2016, 06:53 PM
Said as much at time. The Record and the BBC regularly took a 'light hearted banter' approach to the behaviour of Scotland fans in the 70s but when it was Hibs fans it was 'shameful'.

The media are a shower of self serving hypocrites playing to their audience.

Mr White
10-11-2016, 06:56 PM
Chick young being the worst offender. On the pitch in 77 and claiming to have witnessed violent, savage and sustained assaults on zombie players in 2016 while criticising hibs fans for being on the pitch at all. Lying hypocritical ****er.

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-11-2016, 07:01 PM
Wouldn't expect anything else from the Scottish Media. All they done was deflect from the fact that

A) their heroes had been defeated on their big game before their "return" and B) hide the fact that ours was a harmless pitch invasion borne out of years of emotion being released and rangers fans cany take getting beat or wound up and reacted.

mjhibby
10-11-2016, 07:56 PM
Wouldn't expect anything else from the Scottish Media. All they done was deflect from the fact that

A) their heroes had been defeated on their big game before their "return" and B) hide the fact that ours was a harmless pitch invasion borne out of years of emotion being released and rangers fans cany take getting beat or wound up and reacted.

Can't bring myself to listen to sportsound after the garbage spouted after our glorious cup win. That they are now looking back on exactly the same thing in 77 as exuberance,as the mouser said,just shows they don't know the meaning of either irony or hypocrisy. As has been said many times had the knuckleheads of sevco stayed in their stands it would have indeed been a repeat of 77 but they couldn't handle defeat and went on the pitch to vent their frustration and as we have seen by the number prosecuted from the west far out ways those in the east,they committed the vast majority of the criminal activity that day. That the Scottish press repeated traynors insubstantiated lies shows how morally bankrupt they all are. I'm only interested in what my team is doing now and feel more proud of my club than I ever have.

northstandhibby
10-11-2016, 08:10 PM
Can't bring myself to listen to sportsound after the garbage spouted after our glorious cup win. That they are now looking back on exactly the same thing in 77 as exuberance,as the mouser said,just shows they don't know the meaning of either irony or hypocrisy. As has been said many times had the knuckleheads of sevco stayed in their stands it would have indeed been a repeat of 77 but they couldn't handle defeat and went on the pitch to vent their frustration and as we have seen by the number prosecuted from the west far out ways those in the east,they committed the vast majority of the criminal activity that day. That the Scottish press repeated traynors insubstantiated lies shows how morally bankrupt they all are. I'm only interested in what my team is doing now and feel more proud of my club than I ever have.

:top marks

Well said.

Immediately after the famous cup win the Scottish Media went into overdrive with their spin machines to deflect attention away from their team being beaten.

I enjoyed the scenes at Wembley 77 and it was exactly the same over exuberance shown by the Tartan army as it was the Hibs fans at Hampden.

Strange how the Scottish Media portray one as 'riotous scenes' (Hibs at Hampden) and the other as 'joyous scenes'. (Tartan Army at Wembley)

:rolleyes:

Northernhibee
10-11-2016, 08:20 PM
Sky Sports were much, much worse in the coverage.

mutley
10-11-2016, 08:47 PM
Yep and I guess you spotted my comment! How can they go all out for what happened at Hampden, and then not only condone BUT actually encourage the same to happen at Wembley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silverhibee
10-11-2016, 09:09 PM

Lets hope there is a pitch invasion tomorrow night and the police will be able to point the finger at the inciters for encouraging it.

Carheenlea
10-11-2016, 11:10 PM
Stuart Cosgrove called out the hypocrisy of those on the BBC regarding the post match scenes an hour after it all on that nights "Off the Ball", singling out Chic Young in particular as one who has previously boasted about being on the Wembley pitch in '77 but then sounding off in outrage at Hibs fans for doing similar.
It's difficult to take BBC Scotland's football coverage seriously these days.

Another 'hilarious' skit - https://www.facebook.com/BBCScotland/videos/1479488212080939/

Itsnoteasy
10-11-2016, 11:43 PM
If the Rangers fans hadn't entered the pitch that day the celebrations would have been almost identical. Don't expect the BBC to ever say that though.

Maybe if the chosen few had just celebrated & no taunted THE Rangers fans it would maybe not have caused such an uproar.

Deansy
10-11-2016, 11:59 PM
Should be the 'BBBC' with the first 'B' standing for 'BIASED' - towards whatever current government or ultra, right-wing,'stuck in the 17th-Century' Scottish Football Club they're sooking up to !!

SouthMoroccoStu
11-11-2016, 03:42 AM
Post cup final, I, like many other Hibees, enjoyed watching the final whistle celebrations.

Even better was the way the scenes were greeted across the world.

NOBODY outside of Scotland saw it as anything other than sheer joy and exuberance.

I also read the forum post on Pie and Bovril (the Scottish football fans forum) and a mass of supporters from all different clubs celebrated and enjoyed the scenes of a breath taking win

The main cause of the Scottish media grief? That simply comes down to the team we beat

SouthMoroccoStu
11-11-2016, 04:02 AM
Maybe if the chosen few had just celebrated & no taunted THE Rangers fans it would maybe not have caused such an uproar.

Have to disagree with you there GG

The Rangers fans arrogance was their downfall

They thought all they had to do was turn up. don't worry, it's in the bag, it's only Hibs

The last minute winner and the scenes of Hibs fans celebrating

Taunting and protecting their players in Rangers media talk

Consider the taunting and song book we had to listen to throughout the game (also conveniently forgotten by the media) there is only so many times we can "turn the other cheek"

If the Rangers fans had left the stadium peacefully post full time whistle, None of this would have happened

Thecat23
11-11-2016, 06:06 AM
Have to disagree with you there GG

The Rangers fans arrogance was their downfall

They thought all they had to do was turn up. don't worry, it's in the bag, it's only Hibs

The last minute winner and the scenes of Hibs fans celebrating

Taunting and protecting their players in Rangers media talk

Consider the taunting and song book we had to listen to throughout the game (also conveniently forgotten by the media) there is only so many times we can "turn the other cheek"

If the Rangers fans had left the stadium peacefully post full time whistle, None of this would have happened

Nearly all the fans on the park were happy to stay in their own half to celebrate. Those who ran to the away end are complete tits along with the Huns who came on.

Hibs had just won the SC for the first time in 114 but some would rather run to them for a fight! 😂

Sorry but they are bawbags.

blackpoolhibs
11-11-2016, 06:12 AM
I was on the pitch at wembley, i did look for some English fans to goad but gave up after half an hour.

CentreLine
11-11-2016, 08:22 AM
I was in the crowd that day and onthe pitch. Yet to see an English fan. I think it will be different this time, there seems to be a much stronger Nationalitic interest in English football in recent years so we will not get it all our own way with the singing this time

ancient hibee
11-11-2016, 09:31 AM
Nearly all the fans on the park were happy to stay in their own half to celebrate. Those who ran to the away end are complete tits along with the Huns who came on.

Hibs had just won the SC for the first time in 114 but some would rather run to them for a fight! 😂

Sorry but they are bawbags.

:top marks