PDA

View Full Version : Fans Directors

Tamhere1875
10-11-2016, 03:36 PM
The time has come round again to choose the fans directors.
Me personally I would rather have fans liaison officer rather than someone on the board.
My own personal thoughts are that once the fans rep goes on the board he is curtailed on what he can say and do for the normal fan. This has been proved a few times with the lack of information coming back from the board i.e. The ibrox fiasco it was only by attending the AGM that I found out that Leeann Dempster had had meetings with Rangers to try and sort it out. It's things like this that make me think it's just a token gesture by the club having fans on the board.

MWHIBBIES
10-11-2016, 03:39 PM
Quite happy with them to continue as things are, I don't feel like we need to know everything that goes on at the club. Whatever they are doing is working and I see no reason to change.

Forza Fred
10-11-2016, 08:50 PM
Quite happy with them to continue as things are, I don't feel like we need to know everything that goes on at the club. Whatever they are doing is working and I see no reason to change.

Whether it's working or not depends I guess, on what your original expectations were/are.

Personally, and I don't mean any disrespect to the two upstanding, well intentioned guys in the roles just now...all I have seen is the addiition to the board of two additional people.

Someone summed it up when they said words to the effect that they were more representing the board's views to the fans, than the fans views to the board.

It could also be argued that in these days of email and social media, it is just as easy for a supporter to represent his/her views to the club directly, as it is to go through an intermediatry.

Of course it is an enormous honour to have been on the board of the club you support, and nobody can take that away from them, but I'm just not sure it has achieved much.