PDA

View Full Version : Falkirk on Saturday - are we going hell for leather to create an atmosphere.

H18 SFR
10-11-2016, 11:07 AM
As it says on the tin, lots of chat on here in recent days since Lennon highlighted his concerns about the atmosphere at ER. I have to say that the response at Ayr was nothing short of magnificent, what's the story for Saturday, are we going for it big time?

GreenCastle
10-11-2016, 11:11 AM
Get the drum going - always makes it better.

Carheenlea
10-11-2016, 11:15 AM
There will be a better atmosphere than of that at the St Mirren game, but it won't be like Turk Telekom Arena. A better travelling crowd and a manager and team we don't particularly care for will ensure a noisier Easter Road.

H18 SFR
10-11-2016, 11:15 AM
Get the drum going - always makes it better.

Totally agree, I'm really hoping that literally everyone buys into this and goes for it!

eastcoasthibby
10-11-2016, 12:51 PM
A lot will depend on how we start the game, if we can get a bit of tempo in it from the start, that will start to create a buzz and more atmosphere ...we start it when they come out and at kick off -players then pick it up the park - we respond toa good on the park tempo - the players feed of that and so it goes on...the poor atmosphere is when it's a slow dull pace and we are giving the other team to much possession from sitting too deep !
Just the way I see it anyway !!

matty_f
10-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Would be great to have the place buzzing on Saturday. Love it when there is a good atmosphere in the stadium.

Highland_Hibee
10-11-2016, 01:57 PM
We are currently seeing our average attendance on target to be our highest since 72/73 if Fitbastats is anything to go by. I'm so proud to see our wee club bringing in the punters again. Would love to see more of our magic atmospheres to put the icing on the cake. I do agree that it's hard to get things going when you have 300 in the away end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tamhere1875
10-11-2016, 02:13 PM
Don't see why the away crowd comes into it we go to Easter Road to support Hibs so let's get behind the team and no just sit in silence

wookie70
10-11-2016, 03:08 PM
Much will depend on the team and the way they set about their jobs. If the team start well and put the effort in they will create the atmosphere in the stands. If they are lack luster like quite a few home games this year then it will be pretty quiet. Hopefully, the players will see how much Squirrel is putting into his game and push themselves as hard as he is, that will get us all singing.A few goals and a decent refereeing performance would also help. The last thing I want is a fake atmosphere. It will arrive when it is appropriate to the game in hand, I don't think you can really force it.

le bill
10-11-2016, 03:42 PM
As it says on the tin, lots of chat on here in recent days since Lennon highlighted his concerns about the atmosphere at ER. I have to say that the response at Ayr was nothing short of magnificent, what's the story for Saturday, are we going for it big time?

Count me out............

I've got my Prawn Sannies to eat in the West :na na:

familyman
10-11-2016, 04:40 PM
Count me out............

I've got my Prawn Sannies to eat in the West :na na:
We won't get the space against Falkirk that we got at Ayr,so need to make plenty noise to get an early head start against a difficult and tactically aware team..lots of movement will be needed on Saturday and good passing for sure.....

Since1875Hibs
10-11-2016, 05:56 PM
We'll be going for it, hope others are too.

Ayr was a marked improvement - let it continue.

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-11-2016, 06:23 PM
Why not act like the game kicks off at 14:45 and get in to the stadium early? When the players are heading back in after warming up let's give them one helluva backing and they'll be buzzing to come out and play

Too often fans rock in on kick off and expect the players to "give us something to sing about" that's utter bollocks and excuses for me. Let's get easter road bouncing and watch the players attack from the off.

Early goal and we'll win by 3 or 4

linlithgowhibbie
11-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Easier if the tannoy isn't blaring out right up to kick off!!!

cabbageandribs1875
11-11-2016, 10:48 AM
Easier if the tannoy isn't blaring out right up to kick off!!!

:agree: i do wish mr announcer would stop doing that

RCNG
11-11-2016, 10:54 AM

You can't compare home and away atmospheres as equal entities.

GreenNWhiteArmy
11-11-2016, 01:12 PM
For anyone interested

Me and my mate have decided to purchase tickets for the West Stand (going with the gf's so couldnt find 4 together where we normally sit) so decided to get tickets in the very last block (towards FF end)

This area is always dead so we will be standing throughout (providing no security become jobs worths) and singing songs. If you wanna join us, feel free. Always felt a signing area should be either behind the goals we attack in the 2nd half or down that way