PDA

View Full Version : NHC Greek football suspended again.....

HappyAsHellas
10-11-2016, 08:54 AM
All domestic football has been suspended again after an arson attack on the house of a member of the referee's committee. A few days ago a member of the committee was threatened on his doorstep by two unidentified men, causing all three members to resign. One member was encouraged to revoke his resignation and this is the guy whose house was set on fire. International and European games can still go ahead at present but it's not known how long the leagues will be shut down for.
http://greece.greekreporter.com/files/BIKAS-e1478709057236.jpg
Picture taken from Greek reporter.

Mr White
10-11-2016, 09:36 AM
It's definitely a volatile environment for those involved in administering the game and refereeing. The pictures of the damage to the stadium after the cup semi final last season were pretty bad but this is taking things to a whole new level.

Keith_M
10-11-2016, 12:53 PM
Wow!

I would have said 'that's unbelievable', but sadly it's not, with it being in Greece.

Just out of interest, how do the SMSM think this compares with the Cup Final in May?

Scott Allan Key
10-11-2016, 01:53 PM
Wow!

I would have said 'that's unbelievable', bad sadly it's not with it being in Greece.

Just out of interest, how do the SMSM think this compares with the Cup Final in May?

μεγάλη αφθονία

Keith_M
10-11-2016, 02:14 PM
μεγάλη αφθονία

Charming!!!

:greengrin

Wee Effen Bee
10-11-2016, 04:13 PM
μεγάλη αφθονία

Come on Ivan, it's a lot more than that: the arsonists were well-goaded like:greengrin

Saint Hibee
10-11-2016, 06:23 PM
Lee Wallace knows who did it.

Scott Allan Key
10-11-2016, 06:35 PM
Come on Ivan, it's a lot more than that: the arsonists were well-goaded like:greengrin

Reminds me of a general knowledge quiz at my primary school, 'What's arson?', asked the teacher. One lassie pipes up, 'Mucking aboot!'.