PDA

View Full Version : The Rangers Fans Still not happy

gjb
09-11-2016, 05:19 PM
In Tenerife just now went to have lunch this guy walks in with a The Rangers top on and sits across from me and the misses. I've got a hibs tattoo on my leg so puts it where he will see it and the misses says he was staring at it and whispering to his wife and that was that. Next day sitting down for lunch he comes in with his wife they go to sit beside us and he recognises me and goes and sits somewhere else . What is wrong with these people if I had been in his shoes probably would have acknowledged the tattoo and had a chat about the game how sad are they. Felt good he went and sat somewhere else though wee yes to myself

Carheenlea
09-11-2016, 05:24 PM
If I saw a Rangers fan on holiday I'd be quite happy if they kept out my way to be fair.

Earlydelivery
09-11-2016, 05:26 PM
In Tenerife just now went to have lunch this guy walks in with a The Rangers top on and sits across from me and the misses. I've got a hibs tattoo on my leg so puts it where he will see it and the misses says he was staring at it and whispering to his wife and that was that. Next day sitting down for lunch he comes in with his wife they go to sit beside us and he recognises me and goes and sits somewhere else . What is wrong with these people if I had been in his shoes probably would have acknowledged the tattoo and had a chat about the game how sad are they. Felt good he went and sat somewhere else though wee yes to myself
I've got the Scottish cup tattooed on my leg aswell.i would have went into toilet ,and put on pair o budgie smugglers . And asked him if he was still raging.

lapsedhibee
09-11-2016, 05:27 PM
What is wrong with these people if I had been in his shoes probably would have acknowledged the tattoo and had a chat about the game how sad are they.
Probably a Record 'reader' and worried about the safety of his family.

squire
09-11-2016, 05:55 PM
Probably a Record 'reader' and worried about the safety of his family.

More likely he presumed you were a Catholic and avoided you. Not that that matters, only to Hun knuckledraggers

The Green Goblin
09-11-2016, 06:55 PM
Just don't goad him, okay? Or he will be forced to defend himself...

jgl07
09-11-2016, 07:03 PM
We were in Athens for the last New Year.

We wanted to watch the Hibs-Rangers match and went to the Athens Sports Bar and asked if they would be screening it. The reply came to the effect that they weren't planning to but as we were there they would!

So we settled back, apparent the only ones in the bar watching the football, when just before kick-off a big group of Greek 'The Rangers' fans showed up!

We gave them a wide berth. The match was good until Rangers equalised.

One Day
09-11-2016, 07:12 PM
Bitter, bitter Huns

Thecat23
09-11-2016, 07:44 PM
Thankfully the couple of Huns I know are nice lads. Met many bitter ones though that's for sure and that was before the final. You always find the ones on hol who strut about with the Rangers top on never actually go but they are "die hards" honest!!

Springbank
09-11-2016, 07:49 PM
Just don't goad him, okay? Or he will be forced to defend himself...

In my experience, as an avid reader of the mainstream media, I would say The Rangers fans are no problem.

On the other hand, those West of Scotland FC fans are pretty violent (especially at Hampden) as are Away Team FC fans (at both Pittodrie and Parkhead) particularly in the toilets.

The Rangers seem harmless by comparison to those teams

ancient hibee
09-11-2016, 08:44 PM

Did you speak to him.If I sat down at a table with people who didn't open their mouth when we sat down I wouldn't go near them next day either.

PatHead
09-11-2016, 09:02 PM
In my experience, as an avid reader of the mainstream media, I would say The Rangers fans are no problem.

On the other hand, those West of Scotland FC fans are pretty violent (especially at Hampden) as are Away Team FC fans (at both Pittodrie and Parkhead) particularly in the toilets.

and just don't mention Scottish Cup fans. They are mental!!!!!!

Bostonhibby
09-11-2016, 09:13 PM

Praise be to the daily record for outing this new and dangerous group of thugs from the west of Scotland we'd never have heard of them otherwise

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

The Green Goblin
09-11-2016, 09:27 PM

:agree: It's the Scottish Cup F C fans I'm wary of...bunch of thugs, judging by the number of them that Sky Sports reported had been arrested for high jinks. If I see any Rangers lads, I'll be telling them to watch oot!

renato
09-11-2016, 09:55 PM

Did Lee Wallace see the incident? I'd be worried...

:greengrin

cleanyman
09-11-2016, 09:56 PM
I avoid Scottish people abroad never mind Rangers fans

Dashing Bob S
10-11-2016, 12:27 AM
Most Huns are very stupid and if they get a little educated by accident then become prone to depression as they realise how stupid they are.

InchHibby
10-11-2016, 07:36 AM
I was in Pathos, Cyprus with my mate who is also a Hibby, we went to this bar to watch the bigot derby when the Huns got gubbed 5-1.
The barman was setting up the tvs for this match and for the Manchester derby, after setting them up he put the sound up on the TVs showing the Manchester game, because there were more of them, and no sound on the bigots game. One of the seven Huns called the barman over and said to him, if you don't put the sound up on our game we'll take our business elsewhere, the barman said no problem but the only other pub here is that one over the road which was an Irish pub with Celtic fans piling into it, so they promptly sat back down. After the third goal went we could clearly here them saying, thank xxxx there's nae sound.

Cabbage East
10-11-2016, 08:32 AM
Sounds like he showed great restraint in the face of severe provocation.

Brightside
10-11-2016, 08:54 AM

If see anyone wearing a football top on holiday the last thing i'd do is sit near them.

Hermit Crab
10-11-2016, 09:16 AM
If see anyone wearing a football top on holiday the last thing i'd do is sit near them.

Correct, it should be banned, along with half and half scarfs.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-11-2016, 09:16 AM

As we've seen lately hoping that others to be like you isnt always straight-forward... Donald Trump, Farage, the Conservative Party, Katie Hopkins, Piers Morgan the list goes on...

MB62
10-11-2016, 09:31 AM
Smellsick and current buns fans on holiday are both the same. They go abroad with the wife/family and feel the need to show everybody what team they support by wearing their teams colours every single day. Now, they are either quite well off financially and can afford to buy about a dozen tops to change each day, or they are exactly as I expect, the biggest bunch of smelly brain dead barstewards on this earth. (maybe apart from some Americans :wink:)

Bostonhibby
10-11-2016, 10:39 AM
Maybe we should add them to the persevered tour list and let them get a wee look at their first ever Scottish cup. They might be less grumpy

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

lucky
10-11-2016, 11:05 AM
Smellsick and current buns fans on holiday are both the same. They go abroad with the wife/family and feel the need to show everybody what team they support by wearing their teams colours every single day. Now, they are either quite well off financially and can afford to buy about a dozen tops to change each day, or they are exactly as I expect, the biggest bunch of smelly brain dead barstewards on this earth. (maybe apart from some Americans :wink:)

Always amuses me when I see families "Rangers or Celtic up" on holiday. Why they feel the need to have their whole tribe dressed head to toe in replica clothing is baffling

stuart-farquhar
10-11-2016, 11:35 AM
Correct, it should be banned, along with half and half scarfs.

Ive noticed in recent years a marked decrease in adults wearing football tops on holiday. The exceptions seem to be Glasgow fans who are overweight!

Craig_HFC
10-11-2016, 11:39 AM
I'd not be happy if I was a Hun, either.

andyf5
10-11-2016, 11:47 AM
Ive noticed in recent years a marked decrease in adults wearing football tops on holiday. The exceptions seem to be Glasgow fans who are overweight!

I'm in Tenerife with my Hibs top which I use for cycling. Never used to take it but in traffic its helpful in being seen and I'm moving too fast for hassle from other fans. Went to The Highlander pub for the`football on Saturday and no sign of anyone interested in Scottish football - they were all watching Man City. Had to ask for Sky Sports News to see he goals coming in. Hearts fans here all chatty and no problem.

Lancs Harp
10-11-2016, 12:15 PM
Was it Joey Barton?

Scott Allan Key
10-11-2016, 01:01 PM
I was in Pathos, Cyprus with my mate who is also a Hibby, we went to this bar to watch the bigot derby when the Huns got gubbed 5-1.
The barman was setting up the tvs for this match and for the Manchester derby, after setting them up he put the sound up on the TVs showing the Manchester game, because there were more of them, and no sound on the bigots game. One of the seven Huns called the barman over and said to him, if you don't put the sound up on our game we'll take our business elsewhere, the barman said no problem but the only other pub here is that one over the road which was an Irish pub with Celtic fans piling into it, so they promptly sat back down. After the third goal went we could clearly here them saying, thank xxxx there's nae sound.

No matter how dire their circumstances I cannot be sorry for them. The epitome of pathetic.

lobster
10-11-2016, 03:54 PM
I met a Rangers fan in the days leading up to the cup final and had a really good spraff generally about football including some great Hibs-Rangers tussles in the past and about the potential outcome of the game. We agreed that given the form of the season Rangers were probably favourites but that their late season stupor might be a decisive factor in the outcome of the game. As we know Hibs rose quite majestically to overcome Rangers in the final. I met the said Rangers fan after the final and we had another good discussion about football and the game itself. Despite his disappointment we both agreed that Hibs deserved to win on the day and that all the ***** around the game was just, well *****.

The way to overcome bigotry is to talk to people. They usually don't bite and you can usually tell if they might.

Pretty Boy
10-11-2016, 04:08 PM
Huns abroad are always a timely boost to my own self esteem. No matter what mistakes I make in life I can rest assured I will never, ever be one of them.

Couple of years ago I was in Turkey and there was a family of huns. The wife and kids were pretty tragic in their 'hame taps' but big daddy hun took the biscuit. Rangers home top or t shirt during the day, away top when dressing up for dinner. Rangers cap, Rangers shorts, Rangers bum bag (yes really) and of course the obligatory tattoos. King Billy on a horse on one arm with 1690 underneath, Rangers badge on the chest and a red hand on the other arm. My abiding memory of him was seeing him outside the local Rangers bar in that hideous old orange away top they had, this was early doors on the 12th of July. Passed again about 5 hours later and he was absolutely smashed, no top on, Rangers scarf tied round his head marching in the street outside the bar playing an imaginary flute whilst Penny Arcade blared out. He appeared by the pool late the next day (Northern Ireland away shirt on this time) and proceeded to vomit into the bag his wife had brought down for the day. Even his hun family looked a bit ashamed.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
10-11-2016, 04:46 PM
Huns abroad are always a timely boost to my own self esteem. No matter what mistakes I make in life I can rest assured I will never, ever be one of them.

Couple of years ago I was in Turkey and there was a family of huns. The wife and kids were pretty tragic in their 'hame taps' but big daddy hun took the biscuit. Rangers home top or t shirt during the day, away top when dressing up for dinner. Rangers cap, Rangers shorts, Rangers bum bag (yes really) and of course the obligatory tattoos. King Billy on a horse on one arm with 1690 underneath, Rangers badge on the chest and a red hand on the other arm. My abiding memory of him was seeing him outside the local Rangers bar in that hideous old orange away top they had, this was early doors on the 12th of July. Passed again about 5 hours later and he was absolutely smashed, no top on, Rangers scarf tied round his head marching in the street outside the bar playing an imaginary flute whilst Penny Arcade blared out. He appeared by the pool late the next day (Northern Ireland away shirt on this time) and proceeded to vomit into the bag his wife had brought down for the day. Even his hun family looked a bit ashamed.

Love the bit about the away top being the 'smart' top to wear out at night, ive noticed that before.

vincipernoi
10-11-2016, 08:38 PM

was he by any chance from Norn Iron rather than being 'one of our own'?

Pretty Boy
10-11-2016, 08:40 PM
was he by any chance from Norn Iron rather than being 'one of our own'?

He was 100% Scottish.

blackpoolhibs
10-11-2016, 08:44 PM
He was 100% British.

Fixed it. :wink:

The Baldmans Comb
10-11-2016, 08:51 PM
Always smile at these "nice lads","no the usual sort" , " "decent boy" that people seem to know/bump into/have in the family.

Ever thought what happens when you aren't in the picture.?

Collect them together and there ludicrous superiority complex means you are an HIV, to be patronised, looked down on and humoured or maybe patted on the heid at best and the worse is far far worse.

I never engage with them. Full stop.

vincipernoi
10-11-2016, 09:07 PM
He was 100% Scottish.

could you confirm that he had a shaved head and appeared very well nourished? - I think I may have encountered him elsewhere

mjhibby
11-11-2016, 07:45 AM
Don't tend to wear hibs colours on holiday except when it's colder and I put on the hibs hat or my green and purple scarf. When I was younger wore the old bukta strip. Was at York races when I was a lad and went into the posh area with my hibs top on. Security guys kept a beady on on me thinking I was a hooligan till I explained I was a hibs fan and a huge racing enthusiast. Also they hadn't seen shirt advertising and thought I was a supporter of some foreign club.lol.

Argylehibby
11-11-2016, 12:14 PM
I was in Bulgaria on holiday a number of years ago and there was a guy with a thick Scottish accent there with his other half and her family. We were speaking one day when he raised the topic of football asking what team I supported. I told him and said youre obviously a Rangers fan though. "Eh, how did you know" he asked. "The England shirt you're wearing is a bit of a give away! was my response. He claimed he had it because his girlfriend was English and he was with her family. Aye right!

hibees 7062
11-11-2016, 11:58 PM
https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14956621_10157743451625026_6345969923884101003_n.j pg?oh=86b2016e9afd2382e57dd5a60f27e536&oe=58CBA3DE

Dashing Bob S
12-11-2016, 12:48 AM
"....we didn't have an English internationalist promenade signing, then we got one, but heaven knows we're miserable now...in our lives, why do we give valuable cash...to people like the Lying King and Mikey Ash..."

Wee Effen Bee
12-11-2016, 12:54 AM
"....we didn't have an English internationalist promenade signing, then we got one, but heaven knows we're miserable now...in our lives, why do we give valuable cash...to people like the Lying King and Mikey Ash..."

Thats appalling Bob!:grr:
You missed a ? at the end after Ash!

Pedantic_Hibee
12-11-2016, 01:16 AM
I was in Bulgaria on holiday a number of years ago and there was a guy with a thick Scottish accent there with his other half and her family. We were speaking one day when he raised the topic of football asking what team I supported. I told him and said youre obviously a Rangers fan though. "Eh, how did you know" he asked. "The England shirt you're wearing is a bit of a give away! was my response. He claimed he had it because his girlfriend was English and he was with her family. Aye right!

Tears on the balcony, perchance?