PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Fans at Wembley?

MB62
08-11-2016, 03:33 PM
Saturday's match against Falkirk is one of our biggest of the season yet it is being played on a Weekend where a lot of fans will be travelling down to engerlund to watch Scotland play 'The Auld Enemy' and consequently not be back in time for our game.
I know of three S.T. holders who are heading down, affecting another three (juniors) not being able to attend Easter Road.

Just wondering how many others might be doing the same meaning a potential 16,000 plus crowd being hit, and could we have a case for compo against the SFA (obviously S.T. holders have already paid upfront but there must be others, Falkirk fans included, who will miss the game because of Wembley)

Coults1875
08-11-2016, 03:45 PM
Saturday's match against Falkirk is one of our biggest of the season yet it is being played on a Weekend where a lot of fans will be travelling down to engerlund to watch Scotland play 'The Auld Enemy' and consequently not be back in time for our game.
I know of three S.T. holders who are heading down, affecting another three (juniors) not being able to attend Easter Road.

Just wondering how many others might be doing the same meaning a potential 16,000 plus crowd being hit, and could we have a case for compo against the SFA (obviously S.T. holders have already paid upfront but there must be others, Falkirk fans included, who will miss the game because of Wembley)

I'll be there. Gutted hibs are playing this weekend and not part of the international break. Joys of being in the Championship i suppose. Looking forward to the trip though! Heading down on the Thursday and not back till Saturday.

NthCarolinaHibs
08-11-2016, 03:47 PM
Me plus mate will still be in London town when Hibs game starts.. Booked the wembeleeeee trip donkeys before the domestic fixtures came out...two less season ticket holders at Easter Road..

tartanhibee
08-11-2016, 03:52 PM
I will be at Wembley and will also make it to Easter road as well hopefully get 2 win in 2 days.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 04:39 PM
I don't know why folk would go to watch scotland over Hibs.

08-11-2016, 04:45 PM
Fly down 7am Friday morning. A whole day "on it" then the game. Fly home (probably after little/no sleep) getting into Edinburgh at 12 noon. Then down to Easter Road. Two wins would be amazing, if unlikely!

Keith_M
08-11-2016, 04:46 PM

Scotland don't get to play England very often.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 04:47 PM

Are you saying folk are jumping on the bandwagon for this game? Thats probably right actually.

Keith_M
08-11-2016, 04:48 PM
Are you saying folk are jumping on the bandwagon for thus game? Thats probably right actually.

:rolleyes:

tartanhibee
08-11-2016, 04:51 PM
With only 13000 tickets for Wembley how many hibs fans do you think will be at the game 500 or so. I don't think it will have that big an effect on the gate against Falkirk.

The Modfather
08-11-2016, 04:55 PM
Country over club for me so I'll be there. A weekend in London with the Mrs as well. Disappointed to miss the Falkirk game but looking forward to the Weekend.

Smartie
08-11-2016, 04:58 PM
I'll be at Wembley.

Midday train down on Thursday - should be fun.

Booked train tickets in advance and didn't really give the Hibs game a second thought for this weekend but I'll be hungover on a train when Hibs play this week.

I'd never criticise anyone for choosing one over the other. A few days in London on the bevy with a Scotland game thrown in - should be good. I'm the kind of fan that gets slaughtered by the TA - I'm mainly there for the booze and the days out. I used to be a proper Scotland football fan but I can't really get that excited about watching Callum Paterson and Barry Bannan any more. Still go as much as I can.

I've got my ST so I've paid for a ticket and I wouldn't ever slaughter anyone for going to watch Hibs. But it's Falkirk at home in the Championship for the umpteenth time in 2 and a bit years - I can also understand people not going if they get a better offer.

WeeRussell
08-11-2016, 05:03 PM

You tend not to understand why anyone does anything for fun or enjoyment though.

essexhibee
08-11-2016, 05:04 PM
Ill be there easy away day for me :greengrin:

NthCarolinaHibs
08-11-2016, 05:10 PM

Ma first post on this thread explains it fully,for me...

BoomtownHibees
08-11-2016, 05:30 PM
I will be there. Booked trains, hotel etc. without even realising Hibs would be playing on the Saturday.

Not up in time on Saturday for Easter Road either unfortunately

Frazerbob
08-11-2016, 05:32 PM

Scotland game was booked up months before we knew Hibs' fixtures and I'd imagine most would have expected a free weekend, even in the Championship.

Anyway, I'll be at Wembley and flying back when the Hibs game is on.

hibeg
08-11-2016, 05:37 PM
I'll be at Wembley.

Midday train down on Thursday - should be fun.

Booked train tickets in advance and didn't really give the Hibs game a second thought for this weekend but I'll be hungover on a train when Hibs play this week.

I'd never criticise anyone for choosing one over the other. A few days in London on the bevy with a Scotland game thrown in - should be good. I'm the kind of fan that gets slaughtered by the TA - I'm mainly there for the booze and the days out. I used to be a proper Scotland football fan but I can't really get that excited about watching Callum Paterson and Barry Bannan any more. Still go as much as I can.

I've got my ST so I've paid for a ticket and I wouldn't ever slaughter anyone for going to watch Hibs. But it's Falkirk at home in the Championship for the umpteenth time in 2 and a bit years - I can also understand people not going if they get a better offer.

Smartie, I know where your coming from. I have been to 3 world cups with Scotland , and places like Yugoslavia in 89 ( prior to the mass tartan army). In those days Scotland were a very good Football team and we had a chance to win wherever we went in the world. We went for a good bevvy, a few days in the sun, and the realistic chance of winning a football match.
I'm sorry, but watching these current imbeciles in Scotland shirts just doesn't do it for me. It shows how fa we have fallen as a footballing nation when we get grubbed 3-0 (whoever it was) a few weeks ago
I would go for the Bevvy and a few days away. Forget about the fitba
The point of this is that I will be at ER on Saturday
GGTTH

c31
08-11-2016, 05:38 PM
Me plus 4 others won't be at ER, as others we booked way back in February.

cabbageandribs1875
08-11-2016, 05:41 PM
You tend not to understand why anyone does anything for fun or enjoyment though.

:LOL:

hope all going down on friday have a great time

Albanian Hibs
08-11-2016, 05:43 PM
Going to both

FranckSuzy
08-11-2016, 06:30 PM

:tee hee: :devil:

emerald green
08-11-2016, 07:17 PM
Smartie, I know where your coming from. I have been to 3 world cups with Scotland , and places like Yugoslavia in 89 ( prior to the mass tartan army). In those days Scotland were a very good Football team and we had a chance to win wherever we went in the world. We went for a good bevvy, a few days in the sun, and the realistic chance of winning a football match.
I'm sorry, but watching these current imbeciles in Scotland shirts just doesn't do it for me. It shows how fa we have fallen as a footballing nation when we get grubbed 3-0 (whoever it was) a few weeks ago
I would go for the Bevvy and a few days away. Forget about the fitba
The point of this is that I will be at ER on Saturday
GGTTH

I agree with what you're saying here. I too have been to World Cups with Scotland (Espagna '82 in particular was brilliant for all sorts of reasons) and have been to Wembley for games against England four times. I've lost count of the number of Scotland matches I've attended at Hampden. But no longer.

Many guys getting a game for Scotland over recent years, by international standards, are / have been just bang average journeymen, some getting a Scotland cap maybe if they had a Scottish grannie or something. (I know other countries do the same).

Good luck to Scotland on Friday, but it's Hibs only for me these days.

Carheenlea
08-11-2016, 07:25 PM
I liked it better when International matches were played midweek. Doesn't feel the same at weekends and is a bit of a farce to then be forced to play weakened teams in a league title race as tight as ours.
As for Hibs fans travelling to Wembley, I know of a good few making the trip, and with not all travelling fans being in possession of tickets, there could be a lot of Hibs fans down there who might overwise have been at ER, and the attendance might be down by a good few hundred at least.

08-11-2016, 07:28 PM

I go to every Hibs game home and away and occasionally go to Scotland games. If I had a ticket for the game at Wembley I would be there if it was at the expense of Hibs.

Supporting Hibs and Scotland isn't mutually exclusive. It's time you stopped trolling and understand that a lot of die hard hibs fans are also die hard Scotland supporters.

Stoney Hibee
08-11-2016, 07:29 PM
I will be at both, getting the 8.30 train back from Kings Cross on Saturday, into Edinburgh at lunchtime. 2 easy wins would be amazing!

CentreLine
08-11-2016, 08:08 PM
Country over club for me so I'll be there. A weekend in London with the Mrs as well. Disappointed to miss the Falkirk game but looking forward to the Weekend.

Yep. Going with my wife too. Down Thursday morning. Looking forward to a great atmosphere in the town and hopefully a good game. Not been to Wembley since 1977 and still live in a world where international honours trump everything else.

However, flying home Saturday morning and should be in time to take my seat for kick off. If Scotland get an unlikely result I may not be sober though. Certainly wasn't after the game in 77

ShinyFantastic
08-11-2016, 08:24 PM
I am going to Wembley then getting a train back at 6am from London so I make the Hibs game as well- dedication.

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2016, 08:29 PM

Maybe you should read this thread, take it all in and it will save you saying the same thing the next time the questions asked?

Bristolhibby
08-11-2016, 10:25 PM
Heading off to London on Friday morning from Chippenham, Wiltshire. Day on the batter in town then the Underground up to Wembley.

Not massively up for this game, however come Thursday night I'm sure I'll be bouncing.

J

Sergey
08-11-2016, 10:30 PM
Heading off to London on Friday morning from Chippenham, Wiltshire. Day on the batter in town then the Underground up to Wembley.

Not massively up for this game, however come Thursday night I'm sure I'll be bouncing.

J

I'm going to the match, too.

I'm going to have a bevvy in Edgware prior to the match and travel North to South to Wembley. It's a better route and less hassle.

Not sure what boozer I'll be in as Edgware is a bit of a dump, but the beer and vino is the right price :wink:

Edina Erin
09-11-2016, 12:31 PM
Taking my 8 year old laddie down for the game an don't get back until 6 on Saturday night. My mate and his son are using our STs for Easter Road.

DarrenSQH
09-11-2016, 01:34 PM
Going to both. Friday 7am plane down. Saturday 7.30 train back up. Hibs club for 1. Class weekend.

Albanian Hibs
09-11-2016, 01:52 PM
Going to both. Friday 7am plane down. Saturday 7.30 train back up. Hibs club for 1. Class weekend.

Lets hope its a carlberg weekend. My mum has my kids for 2 nights as well 💃

Craig_HFC
09-11-2016, 02:20 PM
Most of the Tartan Army are teuchters from places like Elgin anyway so don't think it'll affect the crowd at Easter Road too much.

:duck:

AndyB_70
09-11-2016, 02:29 PM
Me and my season ticket will be down in London. Well not really as my mate will be using it.
C'mon Scotland :aok:

Smartie
09-11-2016, 02:44 PM
Most of the Tartan Army are teuchters from places like Elgin anyway so don't think it'll affect the crowd at Easter Road too much.

:duck:

Ah yes - if we were having a good old game of hibs.net Scotland game thread bingo, "bunch of teuchters from places like Elgin" would have to be in there.

Can I have "trumpets in see-you-jimmy hats" please?

HibsEK
10-11-2016, 08:12 PM
Going to both games. 7am flight to London then the sleeper train back 12am. It's going to be a good weekend :party:

pacorosssco
10-11-2016, 08:40 PM
Enjoy those going or watchin, hope we can put up a fight/ performance. Imagine Scottish cup turf and Wembley 2016 growing together in your garden

NthCarolinaHibs
10-11-2016, 10:39 PM
Ah've left a wee space in ma back green...

fat freddy
10-11-2016, 11:19 PM
Sounds like quite a few Hibbies going to be there, I'm flying with a jambo at noon tomorrow, was thinking that if Scotland win all hibs fans should run on the pitch and tear up the grass and swing from the goalposts while sending selfies to the polis. No one else, just the hibs fans so we can say we done the double, Hampden and Wembley in the same year. It would be another first for Hibs.....Meet youse all at the centre circle at full time, mind and batter a few England players, it will help increase circulation at The ******

NthCarolinaHibs
10-11-2016, 11:35 PM
Sounds like quite a few Hibbies going to be there, I'm flying with a jambo at noon tomorrow, was thinking that if Scotland win all hibs fans should run on the pitch and tear up the grass and swing from the goalposts while sending selfies to the polis. No one else, just the hibs fans so we can say we done the double, Hampden and Wembley in the same year. It would be another first for Hibs.....Meet youse all at the centre circle at full time, mind and batter a few England players, it will help increase circulation at The ******
Ye flying to LHR, FF?

fat freddy
11-11-2016, 12:50 AM
Ye flying to LHR, FF?

12.10 to LHR, mind you, it could be the other one, I've no idea, the jambo is in charge of organising things, I just turn up and drink..

California-Hibs
11-11-2016, 12:51 AM

This.

fat freddy
11-11-2016, 12:53 AM
This.

And that

grammyb111
11-11-2016, 11:22 AM
I'll be at Wembley and not going to make it back in time, my ST has gone to a decent home though :greengrin