View Full Version : Which would mean more to you...

08-11-2016, 12:27 PM
A Hibs win over the Bairns wins hands down for me.

08-11-2016, 12:31 PM
A Hibs win all day long

08-11-2016, 12:38 PM
Scotland are playing England ???

08-11-2016, 12:38 PM
Scotland to beat England, hands down. Hibs are going to win the league anyway wether we win or lose against Falkirk.

C'mon Scotland!!

08-11-2016, 12:39 PM
Has to be Hibs, I've even sacrificed a heavy night on the bevy this Friday to make sure I'm not blootered and rough on Saturday.
Looking forward to it as I've already missed two home games.

08-11-2016, 12:44 PM
Hibs win.

08-11-2016, 12:48 PM
Scotland to beat England, hands down. Hibs are going to win the league anyway wether we win or lose against Falkirk.

C'mon Scotland!!

08-11-2016, 12:55 PM
For a guy that used to go home and away to every Scotland game i never thought i'd see the day when i'm actualy no' fussed about a Scotland England game. A Hibs win on Saturday would give me more joy.

08-11-2016, 12:59 PM
Hibs hands down. But desperately hope Scotland do it

NZ Green
08-11-2016, 01:02 PM
Tough one, I guess Scotland beating England has more weight to it since it doesn't come around too often in competition, it would be a bit more memorable too. Losing to Falkirk could come back to bite us though.....I'm going for Scotland to win as I have faith Hibs would still win the league.

ShinyFantastic
08-11-2016, 01:04 PM
A Scotland win on this occasion. Going to both games, not very often we play England in a competitive game, would be amazing if I was there to see us beat them!

08-11-2016, 01:08 PM

C'mon Scotland!!

I concur, although its just another in a long line of threads designed to provide a boot in the balls to the national team.

08-11-2016, 01:09 PM
If I had the choice between England decimating Scotland 20-0 and Hibs winning 1-0 with a last minute penalty versus Scotland destroying England 20-0 and Hibs-Falkirk an exciting 7-7 draw, I'd choose option one.

08-11-2016, 01:23 PM
If I had the choice between England decimating Scotland 20-0 and Hibs winning 1-0 with a last minute penalty versus Scotland destroying England 20-0 and Hibs-Falkirk an exciting 7-7 draw, I'd choose option one.

Clever you.

High-On-Hibs
08-11-2016, 01:23 PM
Too many unionists silently hoping for an England win.

08-11-2016, 01:25 PM
If Scotland do win tomorrow I'm sure the elation in the ground will beat the elation felt in all the other bog standard wins I've seen at home to Falkirk.

08-11-2016, 01:40 PM
Pretty easy one for an English Hibby.

08-11-2016, 02:24 PM
Luckily we don't have to choose so I'll be rooting for both.

08-11-2016, 02:37 PM

How do you know that, if they are "silently hoping for an England win"? Just making things up are you? How many is "too many" BTW? :rolleyes:

I hope Scotland win, but I don't think they will. They might get a draw. I stopped going to Scotland matches, and supporting the team, many years ago because they were terrible. Simple as that. Does anyone recall the Bertie Vogts years? Absolute murder. They've not qualified for a major tournament finals since 1998 FFS.

Hibs getting out of the Championship means much more to me.

08-11-2016, 02:40 PM

Or maybe it's people who think Hibs staying three points ahead in a season that's vital we go up is more important than an international game.

08-11-2016, 03:32 PM
I concur, although its just another in a long line of threads designed to provide a boot in the balls to the national team.

Yeup. So predictable.

08-11-2016, 03:38 PM
A pointless question since Hibs and Scotland can both win and that's what I'll be hoping for.

08-11-2016, 03:39 PM
Club over country every time for me so if I had to choose only one then a Hibs win.

Both would be nice though.

08-11-2016, 03:51 PM
I would love to see Scotland beat England on Friday but seeing Hibs win on Saturday is far more important to me.

08-11-2016, 04:01 PM
How do you know that, if they are "silently hoping for an England win"? Just making things up are you? How many is "too many" BTW? :rolleyes:

I hope Scotland win, but I don't think they will. They might get a draw. I stopped going to Scotland matches, and supporting the team, many years ago because they were terrible. Simple as that. Does anyone recall the Bertie Vogts years? Absolute murder. They've not qualified for a major tournament finals since 1998 FFS.

Hibs getting out of the Championship means much more to me.

And you'll really be hoping they do get out the championship this season, otherwise you'll be due to stop supporting them too.

08-11-2016, 04:06 PM
Hibs every time. I'd love both to win to be honest but my interest in Scotland has all but gone.

08-11-2016, 04:09 PM
Who does the OP want to win? I wonder if they will be supporting England because they are more British than Scotland, zzzzzz

No matter how bad we are, I always want Scotland to win, even more so against England. Growing up in an era where that was not uncommon, albeit that we had the odd tanking, I find it impossible to wish for anything other than a win for our national team.

08-11-2016, 04:11 PM
Hibs and it ain't even close.

Highland_Hibee
08-11-2016, 04:20 PM
I've sacrificed getting ma hole for a Hibs game before, I'd happily sacrifice the national team for a win!

08-11-2016, 04:27 PM
A Hibs win over the Bairns wins hands down for me.

and a falkirk win would probably please you more than a scotland win :aok:

ZZzzzzzzzzz

08-11-2016, 04:44 PM
Different days so scotland to win on friday and hibs to win on saturday

08-11-2016, 04:50 PM
Hibs win. Not interested in Scotland and am 100% not a unionist.

08-11-2016, 04:55 PM
Given as I'll get to watch the Scotland game with English mates, as a one off I'll say Scotland. A Hibs win is more important to my long term football happiness though.

08-11-2016, 04:59 PM
Hibs getting promoted.

BREAK THE RULEZ... :)

08-11-2016, 05:08 PM
A win over the Auld Enemy for me. Especially on their own patch.

If our game depended on us winning it to get promotion then I would prefer us to Scotland.

Come on Scotland.

08-11-2016, 05:21 PM
Hibs result for me every time these days.
Scotland is a remote and emotionally distant dynamic that affects me little - even less so when we are but perpetual also-rans and "nobodies"on a world scale. The days of qualifying for major competitions regularly with 100,000 crowds against The English in a Tartan draped, flag and banner-flying stadium, with ear-piercing and uplifting roars of "Scotland! Scotland! Scotland! are long gone. Thank God I witnessed and experienced such spectacles.

08-11-2016, 05:30 PM
Hibs to win - no brainer. Ram yer international games. They just get in the way.

08-11-2016, 05:51 PM
And you'll really be hoping they do get out the championship this season, otherwise you'll be due to stop supporting them too.

Dearie me, what a daft comment. Nope, I've supported Hibs all my life (which I suspect is much longer than you), including after three relegations. Not just one. That's never stopped me.

I've got a greater commitment and attachment to Hibs, than to the national side. That doesn't mean I don't want the Scottish team to do well. Hope that's OK with you?

PS: By supporting the team, I meant actually attending Scotland matches.

08-11-2016, 06:09 PM
Both could be fantastic of course, but if only one, it can only be Hibs for me.
If Hibs lose, it feels like someone's punched me in the stomach, and a defeat can really put a dampener on a Saturday night. If Scotland lose, I'm disappointed, but never feel the same hurt as that of Hibs defeats.

seven nowt
08-11-2016, 06:37 PM
Scotland to beat England means far far more to me, and should for any Scotland fan.

08-11-2016, 06:40 PM
Not really bothered about Scotland other then when I get annoyed if there's no Hibs fixture on a weekend due to an "international break" :-(

08-11-2016, 06:42 PM
Hibs win every time for me. Scotland could be playing in the World Cup Final (obviously never going to happen) and I would rather be cheering Hibs on to win against anybody.

08-11-2016, 06:46 PM
Hibs come first for me but doesn't mean I don't want Scotland to win. Would love us to get a result on Friday night.

08-11-2016, 07:30 PM
would settle for both wins :aok:

08-11-2016, 07:53 PM
Lost my passion for the national side many moons ago. My love for the Hibees will never die. Hibs every time although would be nice if Scotland could get a result on Friday night.

08-11-2016, 08:01 PM
Hibs and Scotland are the only two sides I care about. They compete in different levels of the game so being asked which I value more is either a stupid or a deliberately loaded question.

08-11-2016, 09:21 PM
Ok I've been suckered in to this nonsense thread

(the only game I'll be at this weekend is hibs at Easter Road btw) but if I had the choice to choose between a must win world cup qualifier against our biggest rivals on their own patch or a league game where we still have over 20 to play and 60 points to play for then, at this stage it's Scotland all day long.

For France 98 I was 9 so whilst I have memories from it, I want to experience life as an adult to see the impact to our nation when Scotland qualifies for a major tournament. Hibs can recover from a negative result this weekend, Scotland not so much

08-11-2016, 09:40 PM

C'mon Scotland!!

If it was a cup game or a derby it may be tougher but easy in this case.

08-11-2016, 09:55 PM

:rolleyes: What a shame that politics had to be dragged into a simple club vs country question. Some people just can't help themselves.

For what it's worth a Hibs win every day. Don't particularly care for international football.

08-11-2016, 09:56 PM
Both.

08-11-2016, 09:57 PM
Hibs to win - no brainer. Ram yer international games. They just get in the way.

Yep. I enjoy the individual battles between players that develop across a season of club football, the idea that they then might become team mates for a handful of games a year because "they were born close to each other" doesn't fill me with any excitement whatsoever.

08-11-2016, 09:58 PM
Eas y vote for me. Hibs first, every time

08-11-2016, 10:07 PM
I'm a Hibs fan, so I want us to win.

I'm Scottish, so wish all our national teams well.

In terms of interest however, I can't make our game but will be keeping an eye on how we get on. I'll only check the final score from the international and probably won't even read a match report whether they win or lose.

Why? Because I lost interest in the national team years ago. Too many call ups for the usual suspects (normally from the then Old Firm) instead of picking form players from other clubs such as Hibs.

08-11-2016, 11:24 PM
Absolutely no comparison. Would like Scotland to win but Hibs is in the blood so it's a no brainer for me ... Hibs every time!

shetlandhibee
08-11-2016, 11:56 PM
Absolutely no comparison. Would like Scotland to win but Hibs is in the blood so it's a no brainer for me ... Hibs every time!
:top marks:agree:

09-11-2016, 05:07 AM
Ok I've been suckered in to this nonsense thread

(the only game I'll be at this weekend is hibs at Easter Road btw) but if I had the choice to choose between a must win world cup qualifier against our biggest rivals on their own patch or a league game where we still have over 20 to play and 60 points to play for then, at this stage it's Scotland all day long.

For France 98 I was 9 so whilst I have memories from it, I want to experience life as an adult to see the impact to our nation when Scotland qualifies for a major tournament. Hibs can recover from a negative result this weekend, Scotland not so much

Hibs CAN recover yes, but would we? Dundee Utd are flying and slipping up this weekend would mean they could go top by beating us at Tannadice. I'm not sure we would overtake them should that happen.

No chance Scotland qualify even if they somehow win on Friday.

09-11-2016, 06:25 AM
Hibs CAN recover yes, but would we? Dundee Utd are flying and slipping up this weekend would mean they could go top by beating us at Tannadice. I'm not sure we would overtake them should that happen.

You're a positive chap aren't you? It's November FFS!

Agree re Scotland though. A more abject performance than the 1 I saw in Slovakia you would do well to find. I don't think we've a hope in hell of qualifying for Russia.

09-11-2016, 06:35 AM
Hibs are uppermost in my thoughts, every day.

Naturally want Scotland to win, but really no comparison when it comes to Hibs.

09-11-2016, 08:07 AM
Don't give a toss about the National side these days.
It's made up with multi-nationalists so it is a misnomer to call the team "Scotland".

England v World Select on Friday.

09-11-2016, 08:24 AM
Lost my passion for the national side many moons ago. My love for the Hibees will never die. Hibs every time although would be nice if Scotland could get a result on Friday night.

That covers it for me.

DarrenSQH
09-11-2016, 08:31 AM
Im going to both games. Hibs win for me.

09-11-2016, 08:58 AM

Yeah and we were flying as well and slipped up yet still top. Guess what we might go on a run and the super mighty Dundee Utd might draw or lose.

Grow a set and stop thinking of the worst case scenario. We are top because we are the best team in this league!

09-11-2016, 09:01 AM
Hibs. Every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

09-11-2016, 09:24 AM
Mission accomplished by the unionist agitator

09-11-2016, 10:14 AM
Yeah and we were flying as well and slipped up yet still top. Guess what we might go on a run and the super mighty Dundee Utd might draw or lose.

Grow a set and stop thinking of the worst case scenario. We are top because we are the best team in this league!

:agree: This

saved me responding - cheers

09-11-2016, 11:28 AM
Dearie me, what a daft comment. Nope, I've supported Hibs all my life (which I suspect is much longer than you), including after three relegations. Not just one. That's never stopped me.

I've got a greater commitment and attachment to Hibs, than to the national side. That doesn't mean I don't want the Scottish team to do well. Hope that's OK with you?

PS: By supporting the team, I meant actually attending Scotland matches.

Nope not daft. Was an assumption based on the fact you stated that you stopped supporting Scotland purely because they were performing poorly (I meant to put that bit on bold when quoting you but was on my phone). You have since clarified that you only meant that's why you stopped attending games.

That's absolutely fine with me, yes. Doesn't really make a difference to me - I just found it strange.

No hard feelings - and Yes I would guess you probably have supported Hibs longer than me. I've probably supported Scotland longer than you, if you don't support them when they're s***e haha!

09-11-2016, 11:34 AM
Nope not daft. Was an assumption based on the fact you stated that you stopped supporting Scotland purely because they were performing poorly (I meant to put that bit on bold when quoting you but was on my phone). You have since clarified that you only meant that's why you stopped attending games.

That's absolutely fine with me, yes. Doesn't really make a difference to me - I just found it strange.

No hard feelings - and Yes I would guess you probably have supported Hibs longer than me. I've probably supported Scotland longer than you, if you don't support them when they're s***e haha!

Fair enough, no hard feelings at all WeeRussell. It's just football chat.

09-11-2016, 11:37 AM
Fair enough, no hard feelings at all WeeRussell. It's just football chat.

:aok: Hopefully we're arguing about which was the better result come Saturday evening!

09-11-2016, 11:46 AM
:aok: Hopefully we're arguing about which was the better result come Saturday evening!

Yes, wouldn't that be just great. :aok:

09-11-2016, 11:46 AM
I wouldn't say a Hibs win would mean more .... but in order of importance for me as a fan Hibs winning on Saturday is more important because we must, simply must, keep winning to end the season at the top of the league.

I want Scotland to win just as badly as I do Hibs so I'll have both please.

09-11-2016, 11:50 AM
31 people would rather Hibs got beat?? very odd.

09-11-2016, 11:54 AM
31 people would rather Hibs got beat?? very odd.

That wasn't the question. :wink:

09-11-2016, 11:55 AM
:hilarious question.

09-11-2016, 11:55 AM
That wasn't the question. :wink:

09-11-2016, 11:57 AM
Interesting question!

I'm a very patriotic Scotland fan and a very supportive Hibs fan. I want both to win. Hibs games come around a lot more than Scotland games, so I would usually put Scotland ahead of Hibs. Now that I've seen Hibs win the Scottish Cup, I'll only get that excited if Scotland do something special in the World / Euros, unless Hibs win the SPL or a European competition.

What I find really strange is that I always want Scotland to win especially if it's against the Auld Enemy! However, this time I'm in the "can't get up for the game, we're very poor" camp. I went to the Lithuania game and couldn't believe how poor we were.

For the first time in a long time, I'm not even going to watch the game. I can't believe I'm saying that.

09-11-2016, 03:33 PM
Going to put a Hibs and Scotland double on . So I want both to win .

mhathorn1
10-11-2016, 02:44 AM
Who does the OP want to win? I wonder if they will be supporting England because they are more British than Scotland, zzzzzz

No matter how bad we are, I always want Scotland to win, even more so against England. Growing up in an era where that was not uncommon, albeit that we had the odd tanking, I find it impossible to wish for anything other than a win for our national team.

Could not agree more with superfurry. Just unfortunate I dI'd not grow up in an era where beating England occurred on a regular basis. Too much to hope for a momentum swing tomorrow??

Canon Hannan
10-11-2016, 03:37 AM
Scotland for this game. Hibs will win the league. Only going to ER but it's against the auld enemy.

10-11-2016, 02:19 PM
I actually want both to win but I think Scotland are gonna get humped.

10-11-2016, 02:27 PM
Could not agree more with superfurry. Just unfortunate I dI'd not grow up in an era where beating England occurred on a regular basis. Too much to hope for a momentum swing tomorrow??

on a "more" regular basis :wink:

The 60s was the only decade since the 1930s that Scotland have beaten England more times than England have beaten Scotland.

10-11-2016, 02:34 PM
on a "more" regular basis :wink:

The 60s was the only decade since the 1930s that Scotland have beaten England more times than England have beaten Scotland.

England's record against Scotland is: W-47, D-21, L-41.

Bit of a pathetic record against a country with less than 10% of England's population.

10-11-2016, 02:38 PM
England's record against Scotland is: W-47, D-21, L-41.

Bit of a pathetic record against a country with less than 10% of England's population.

Aye, you've won 12 of the last 49 since World War two. :wink:

As far as this encounter goes may the *****st team lose. :greengrin

10-11-2016, 02:40 PM
Aye, you've won 12 of the last 49 since World War two. :wink:

As far as this encounter goes may the *****st team lose. :greengrin

Don't avoid the subject by using... well... facts!

10-11-2016, 02:42 PM
Nowt wrong with a bit of friendly banter :thumbsup:

We're all Hibs

10-11-2016, 05:11 PM
No brainer, Hibs win every time. In fact if Scotland were playing in my back garden I'd shut ma curtains.

10-11-2016, 06:20 PM
Hibs every time.

International football is a busted flush as far as I am concerned. Meaningless bore.

10-11-2016, 06:57 PM
Life's all about the Hibs

10-11-2016, 07:12 PM
Only one answer for this English Hibee.

10-11-2016, 07:21 PM
Only one answer for this English Hibee.

Would you rather an English win or a hibs win scouse?

10-11-2016, 07:29 PM
Would you rather an English win or a hibs win scouse?

Hibs mate, I started on one hell of a journey with Hibs 20 odd years ago and had without a doubt the best footballing moment of my life in May. I will always support England in tournaments and of course love the banter against you lot but Hibs mean so much more to me than England.

10-11-2016, 07:34 PM
Hibs mate, I started on one hell of a journey with Hibs 20 odd years ago and had without a doubt the best footballing moment of my life in May. I will always support England in tournaments and of course love the banter against you lot but Hibs mean so much more to me than England.

Good answer :thumbsup:

Ronster117
11-11-2016, 03:45 PM
Club over country every time for me so if I had to choose only one then a Hibs win.

Both would be nice though.
This 100%:thumbsup: