PDA

View Full Version : Which would mean more to you...

G B Young
08-11-2016, 12:27 PM
A Hibs win over the Bairns wins hands down for me.

lucky
08-11-2016, 12:31 PM
A Hibs win all day long

Geo_1875
08-11-2016, 12:38 PM
Scotland are playing England ???

California-Hibs
08-11-2016, 12:38 PM
Scotland to beat England, hands down. Hibs are going to win the league anyway wether we win or lose against Falkirk.

C'mon Scotland!!

stoneyburn hibs
08-11-2016, 12:39 PM
Has to be Hibs, I've even sacrificed a heavy night on the bevy this Friday to make sure I'm not blootered and rough on Saturday.
Looking forward to it as I've already missed two home games.

Steve20
08-11-2016, 12:44 PM
Hibs win.

Big_Franck
08-11-2016, 12:48 PM
Scotland to beat England, hands down. Hibs are going to win the league anyway wether we win or lose against Falkirk.

C'mon Scotland!!

Agreed.

offshorehibby
08-11-2016, 12:55 PM
For a guy that used to go home and away to every Scotland game i never thought i'd see the day when i'm actualy no' fussed about a Scotland England game. A Hibs win on Saturday would give me more joy.

hibee92
08-11-2016, 12:59 PM
Hibs hands down. But desperately hope Scotland do it

NZ Green
08-11-2016, 01:02 PM
Tough one, I guess Scotland beating England has more weight to it since it doesn't come around too often in competition, it would be a bit more memorable too. Losing to Falkirk could come back to bite us though.....I'm going for Scotland to win as I have faith Hibs would still win the league.

ShinyFantastic
08-11-2016, 01:04 PM
A Scotland win on this occasion. Going to both games, not very often we play England in a competitive game, would be amazing if I was there to see us beat them!

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-11-2016, 01:08 PM

C'mon Scotland!!

I concur, although its just another in a long line of threads designed to provide a boot in the balls to the national team.

Dashing Bob S
08-11-2016, 01:09 PM
If I had the choice between England decimating Scotland 20-0 and Hibs winning 1-0 with a last minute penalty versus Scotland destroying England 20-0 and Hibs-Falkirk an exciting 7-7 draw, I'd choose option one.

The Modfather
08-11-2016, 01:23 PM
If I had the choice between England decimating Scotland 20-0 and Hibs winning 1-0 with a last minute penalty versus Scotland destroying England 20-0 and Hibs-Falkirk an exciting 7-7 draw, I'd choose option one.

Clever you.

High-On-Hibs
08-11-2016, 01:23 PM
Too many unionists silently hoping for an England win.

The Modfather
08-11-2016, 01:25 PM
If Scotland do win tomorrow I'm sure the elation in the ground will beat the elation felt in all the other bog standard wins I've seen at home to Falkirk.

Lancs Harp
08-11-2016, 01:40 PM
Pretty easy one for an English Hibby.

Hibrandenburg
08-11-2016, 02:24 PM
Luckily we don't have to choose so I'll be rooting for both.

emerald green
08-11-2016, 02:37 PM

How do you know that, if they are "silently hoping for an England win"? Just making things up are you? How many is "too many" BTW? :rolleyes:

I hope Scotland win, but I don't think they will. They might get a draw. I stopped going to Scotland matches, and supporting the team, many years ago because they were terrible. Simple as that. Does anyone recall the Bertie Vogts years? Absolute murder. They've not qualified for a major tournament finals since 1998 FFS.

Hibs getting out of the Championship means much more to me.

Steve20
08-11-2016, 02:40 PM

Or maybe it's people who think Hibs staying three points ahead in a season that's vital we go up is more important than an international game.

California-Hibs
08-11-2016, 03:32 PM
I concur, although its just another in a long line of threads designed to provide a boot in the balls to the national team.

Yeup. So predictable.

08-11-2016, 03:38 PM
A pointless question since Hibs and Scotland can both win and that's what I'll be hoping for.

Pretty Boy
08-11-2016, 03:39 PM
Club over country every time for me so if I had to choose only one then a Hibs win.

Both would be nice though.

Sir David Gray
08-11-2016, 03:51 PM
I would love to see Scotland beat England on Friday but seeing Hibs win on Saturday is far more important to me.

WeeRussell
08-11-2016, 04:01 PM
How do you know that, if they are "silently hoping for an England win"? Just making things up are you? How many is "too many" BTW? :rolleyes:

I hope Scotland win, but I don't think they will. They might get a draw. I stopped going to Scotland matches, and supporting the team, many years ago because they were terrible. Simple as that. Does anyone recall the Bertie Vogts years? Absolute murder. They've not qualified for a major tournament finals since 1998 FFS.

Hibs getting out of the Championship means much more to me.

And you'll really be hoping they do get out the championship this season, otherwise you'll be due to stop supporting them too.

Thecat23
08-11-2016, 04:06 PM
Hibs every time. I'd love both to win to be honest but my interest in Scotland has all but gone.

superfurryhibby
08-11-2016, 04:09 PM
Who does the OP want to win? I wonder if they will be supporting England because they are more British than Scotland, zzzzzz

No matter how bad we are, I always want Scotland to win, even more so against England. Growing up in an era where that was not uncommon, albeit that we had the odd tanking, I find it impossible to wish for anything other than a win for our national team.

DH1875
08-11-2016, 04:11 PM
Hibs and it ain't even close.

Highland_Hibee
08-11-2016, 04:20 PM
I've sacrificed getting ma hole for a Hibs game before, I'd happily sacrifice the national team for a win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
08-11-2016, 04:27 PM
A Hibs win over the Bairns wins hands down for me.

and a falkirk win would probably please you more than a scotland win :aok:

ZZzzzzzzzzz

Albanian Hibs
08-11-2016, 04:44 PM
Different days so scotland to win on friday and hibs to win on saturday

CB_NO3
08-11-2016, 04:50 PM
Hibs win. Not interested in Scotland and am 100% not a unionist.

lyonhibs
08-11-2016, 04:55 PM
Given as I'll get to watch the Scotland game with English mates, as a one off I'll say Scotland. A Hibs win is more important to my long term football happiness though.

Viva_Palmeiras
08-11-2016, 04:59 PM
Hibs getting promoted.

BREAK THE RULEZ... :)

iwasthere1972
08-11-2016, 05:08 PM
A win over the Auld Enemy for me. Especially on their own patch.

If our game depended on us winning it to get promotion then I would prefer us to Scotland.

Come on Scotland.

Hi Heid Yin
08-11-2016, 05:21 PM
Hibs result for me every time these days.
Scotland is a remote and emotionally distant dynamic that affects me little - even less so when we are but perpetual also-rans and "nobodies"on a world scale. The days of qualifying for major competitions regularly with 100,000 crowds against The English in a Tartan draped, flag and banner-flying stadium, with ear-piercing and uplifting roars of "Scotland! Scotland! Scotland! are long gone. Thank God I witnessed and experienced such spectacles.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 05:30 PM
Hibs to win - no brainer. Ram yer international games. They just get in the way.

emerald green
08-11-2016, 05:51 PM
And you'll really be hoping they do get out the championship this season, otherwise you'll be due to stop supporting them too.

Dearie me, what a daft comment. Nope, I've supported Hibs all my life (which I suspect is much longer than you), including after three relegations. Not just one. That's never stopped me.

I've got a greater commitment and attachment to Hibs, than to the national side. That doesn't mean I don't want the Scottish team to do well. Hope that's OK with you?

PS: By supporting the team, I meant actually attending Scotland matches.

Carheenlea
08-11-2016, 06:09 PM
Both could be fantastic of course, but if only one, it can only be Hibs for me.
If Hibs lose, it feels like someone's punched me in the stomach, and a defeat can really put a dampener on a Saturday night. If Scotland lose, I'm disappointed, but never feel the same hurt as that of Hibs defeats.

seven nowt
08-11-2016, 06:37 PM
Scotland to beat England means far far more to me, and should for any Scotland fan.

GreenOnions
08-11-2016, 06:40 PM
Not really bothered about Scotland other then when I get annoyed if there's no Hibs fixture on a weekend due to an "international break" :-(

northstandhibby
08-11-2016, 06:42 PM
Hibs win every time for me. Scotland could be playing in the World Cup Final (obviously never going to happen) and I would rather be cheering Hibs on to win against anybody.

B.H.F.C
08-11-2016, 06:46 PM
Hibs come first for me but doesn't mean I don't want Scotland to win. Would love us to get a result on Friday night.

AgentDaleCooper
08-11-2016, 07:30 PM
would settle for both wins :aok:

tamig
08-11-2016, 07:53 PM
Lost my passion for the national side many moons ago. My love for the Hibees will never die. Hibs every time although would be nice if Scotland could get a result on Friday night.

Mr White
08-11-2016, 08:01 PM
Hibs and Scotland are the only two sides I care about. They compete in different levels of the game so being asked which I value more is either a stupid or a deliberately loaded question.

GreenNWhiteArmy
08-11-2016, 09:21 PM
Ok I've been suckered in to this nonsense thread

(the only game I'll be at this weekend is hibs at Easter Road btw) but if I had the choice to choose between a must win world cup qualifier against our biggest rivals on their own patch or a league game where we still have over 20 to play and 60 points to play for then, at this stage it's Scotland all day long.

For France 98 I was 9 so whilst I have memories from it, I want to experience life as an adult to see the impact to our nation when Scotland qualifies for a major tournament. Hibs can recover from a negative result this weekend, Scotland not so much

Speedy
08-11-2016, 09:40 PM

C'mon Scotland!!

This.

If it was a cup game or a derby it may be tougher but easy in this case.

Northernhibee
08-11-2016, 09:55 PM

:rolleyes: What a shame that politics had to be dragged into a simple club vs country question. Some people just can't help themselves.

For what it's worth a Hibs win every day. Don't particularly care for international football.

hfc rd
08-11-2016, 09:56 PM
Both.

Northernhibee
08-11-2016, 09:57 PM
Hibs to win - no brainer. Ram yer international games. They just get in the way.

Yep. I enjoy the individual battles between players that develop across a season of club football, the idea that they then might become team mates for a handful of games a year because "they were born close to each other" doesn't fill me with any excitement whatsoever.

Jonnyboy
08-11-2016, 09:58 PM
Eas y vote for me. Hibs first, every time

Eyrie
08-11-2016, 10:07 PM
I'm a Hibs fan, so I want us to win.

I'm Scottish, so wish all our national teams well.

In terms of interest however, I can't make our game but will be keeping an eye on how we get on. I'll only check the final score from the international and probably won't even read a match report whether they win or lose.

Why? Because I lost interest in the national team years ago. Too many call ups for the usual suspects (normally from the then Old Firm) instead of picking form players from other clubs such as Hibs.

The Harp
08-11-2016, 11:24 PM
Absolutely no comparison. Would like Scotland to win but Hibs is in the blood so it's a no brainer for me ... Hibs every time!

shetlandhibee
08-11-2016, 11:56 PM
Absolutely no comparison. Would like Scotland to win but Hibs is in the blood so it's a no brainer for me ... Hibs every time!
:top marks:agree:

Steve20
09-11-2016, 05:07 AM
Ok I've been suckered in to this nonsense thread

(the only game I'll be at this weekend is hibs at Easter Road btw) but if I had the choice to choose between a must win world cup qualifier against our biggest rivals on their own patch or a league game where we still have over 20 to play and 60 points to play for then, at this stage it's Scotland all day long.

For France 98 I was 9 so whilst I have memories from it, I want to experience life as an adult to see the impact to our nation when Scotland qualifies for a major tournament. Hibs can recover from a negative result this weekend, Scotland not so much

Hibs CAN recover yes, but would we? Dundee Utd are flying and slipping up this weekend would mean they could go top by beating us at Tannadice. I'm not sure we would overtake them should that happen.

No chance Scotland qualify even if they somehow win on Friday.

lyonhibs
09-11-2016, 06:25 AM
Hibs CAN recover yes, but would we? Dundee Utd are flying and slipping up this weekend would mean they could go top by beating us at Tannadice. I'm not sure we would overtake them should that happen.

You're a positive chap aren't you? It's November FFS!

Agree re Scotland though. A more abject performance than the 1 I saw in Slovakia you would do well to find. I don't think we've a hope in hell of qualifying for Russia.

Forza Fred
09-11-2016, 06:35 AM
Hibs are uppermost in my thoughts, every day.

Naturally want Scotland to win, but really no comparison when it comes to Hibs.

snooky
09-11-2016, 08:07 AM
Don't give a toss about the National side these days.
It's made up with multi-nationalists so it is a misnomer to call the team "Scotland".

England v World Select on Friday.

flash
09-11-2016, 08:24 AM
Lost my passion for the national side many moons ago. My love for the Hibees will never die. Hibs every time although would be nice if Scotland could get a result on Friday night.

That covers it for me.

DarrenSQH
09-11-2016, 08:31 AM
Im going to both games. Hibs win for me.

Thecat23
09-11-2016, 08:58 AM

Yeah and we were flying as well and slipped up yet still top. Guess what we might go on a run and the super mighty Dundee Utd might draw or lose.

Grow a set and stop thinking of the worst case scenario. We are top because we are the best team in this league!

Craig_HFC
09-11-2016, 09:01 AM
Hibs. Every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

hibee_nation
09-11-2016, 09:24 AM
Mission accomplished by the unionist agitator

GreenNWhiteArmy
09-11-2016, 10:14 AM
Yeah and we were flying as well and slipped up yet still top. Guess what we might go on a run and the super mighty Dundee Utd might draw or lose.

Grow a set and stop thinking of the worst case scenario. We are top because we are the best team in this league!

:agree: This

saved me responding - cheers

WeeRussell
09-11-2016, 11:28 AM
Dearie me, what a daft comment. Nope, I've supported Hibs all my life (which I suspect is much longer than you), including after three relegations. Not just one. That's never stopped me.

I've got a greater commitment and attachment to Hibs, than to the national side. That doesn't mean I don't want the Scottish team to do well. Hope that's OK with you?

PS: By supporting the team, I meant actually attending Scotland matches.

Nope not daft. Was an assumption based on the fact you stated that you stopped supporting Scotland purely because they were performing poorly (I meant to put that bit on bold when quoting you but was on my phone). You have since clarified that you only meant that's why you stopped attending games.

That's absolutely fine with me, yes. Doesn't really make a difference to me - I just found it strange.

No hard feelings - and Yes I would guess you probably have supported Hibs longer than me. I've probably supported Scotland longer than you, if you don't support them when they're s***e haha!

emerald green
09-11-2016, 11:34 AM
Nope not daft. Was an assumption based on the fact you stated that you stopped supporting Scotland purely because they were performing poorly (I meant to put that bit on bold when quoting you but was on my phone). You have since clarified that you only meant that's why you stopped attending games.

That's absolutely fine with me, yes. Doesn't really make a difference to me - I just found it strange.

No hard feelings - and Yes I would guess you probably have supported Hibs longer than me. I've probably supported Scotland longer than you, if you don't support them when they're s***e haha!

Fair enough, no hard feelings at all WeeRussell. It's just football chat.

WeeRussell
09-11-2016, 11:37 AM
Fair enough, no hard feelings at all WeeRussell. It's just football chat.

:aok: Hopefully we're arguing about which was the better result come Saturday evening!

emerald green
09-11-2016, 11:46 AM
:aok: Hopefully we're arguing about which was the better result come Saturday evening!

Yes, wouldn't that be just great. :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
09-11-2016, 11:46 AM
I wouldn't say a Hibs win would mean more .... but in order of importance for me as a fan Hibs winning on Saturday is more important because we must, simply must, keep winning to end the season at the top of the league.

I want Scotland to win just as badly as I do Hibs so I'll have both please.

Brightside
09-11-2016, 11:50 AM
31 people would rather Hibs got beat?? very odd.

CropleyWasGod
09-11-2016, 11:54 AM
31 people would rather Hibs got beat?? very odd.

That wasn't the question. :wink:

3pm
09-11-2016, 11:55 AM
:hilarious question.

Brightside
09-11-2016, 11:55 AM
That wasn't the question. :wink:

:wink:

theonlywayisup
09-11-2016, 11:57 AM
Interesting question!

I'm a very patriotic Scotland fan and a very supportive Hibs fan. I want both to win. Hibs games come around a lot more than Scotland games, so I would usually put Scotland ahead of Hibs. Now that I've seen Hibs win the Scottish Cup, I'll only get that excited if Scotland do something special in the World / Euros, unless Hibs win the SPL or a European competition.

What I find really strange is that I always want Scotland to win especially if it's against the Auld Enemy! However, this time I'm in the "can't get up for the game, we're very poor" camp. I went to the Lithuania game and couldn't believe how poor we were.

For the first time in a long time, I'm not even going to watch the game. I can't believe I'm saying that.

erin go bragh
09-11-2016, 03:33 PM
Going to put a Hibs and Scotland double on . So I want both to win .

mhathorn1
10-11-2016, 02:44 AM
Who does the OP want to win? I wonder if they will be supporting England because they are more British than Scotland, zzzzzz

No matter how bad we are, I always want Scotland to win, even more so against England. Growing up in an era where that was not uncommon, albeit that we had the odd tanking, I find it impossible to wish for anything other than a win for our national team.

Could not agree more with superfurry. Just unfortunate I dI'd not grow up in an era where beating England occurred on a regular basis. Too much to hope for a momentum swing tomorrow??

Canon Hannan
10-11-2016, 03:37 AM
Scotland for this game. Hibs will win the league. Only going to ER but it's against the auld enemy.

Keith_M
10-11-2016, 02:19 PM
I actually want both to win but I think Scotland are gonna get humped.

Lancs Harp
10-11-2016, 02:27 PM
Could not agree more with superfurry. Just unfortunate I dI'd not grow up in an era where beating England occurred on a regular basis. Too much to hope for a momentum swing tomorrow??

on a "more" regular basis :wink:

The 60s was the only decade since the 1930s that Scotland have beaten England more times than England have beaten Scotland.

Keith_M
10-11-2016, 02:34 PM
on a "more" regular basis :wink:

The 60s was the only decade since the 1930s that Scotland have beaten England more times than England have beaten Scotland.

England's record against Scotland is: W-47, D-21, L-41.

Bit of a pathetic record against a country with less than 10% of England's population.

Lancs Harp
10-11-2016, 02:38 PM
England's record against Scotland is: W-47, D-21, L-41.

Bit of a pathetic record against a country with less than 10% of England's population.

Aye, you've won 12 of the last 49 since World War two. :wink:

As far as this encounter goes may the *****st team lose. :greengrin

Keith_M
10-11-2016, 02:40 PM
Aye, you've won 12 of the last 49 since World War two. :wink:

As far as this encounter goes may the *****st team lose. :greengrin

Don't avoid the subject by using... well... facts!

Lancs Harp
10-11-2016, 02:42 PM
Nowt wrong with a bit of friendly banter :thumbsup:

We're all Hibs

Franck Stanton
10-11-2016, 05:11 PM
No brainer, Hibs win every time. In fact if Scotland were playing in my back garden I'd shut ma curtains.

heretoday
10-11-2016, 06:20 PM
Hibs every time.

International football is a busted flush as far as I am concerned. Meaningless bore.

One Day
10-11-2016, 06:57 PM
Life's all about the Hibs

Scouse Hibee
10-11-2016, 07:12 PM
Only one answer for this English Hibee.

Mr White
10-11-2016, 07:21 PM
Only one answer for this English Hibee.

Would you rather an English win or a hibs win scouse?

Scouse Hibee
10-11-2016, 07:29 PM
Would you rather an English win or a hibs win scouse?

Hibs mate, I started on one hell of a journey with Hibs 20 odd years ago and had without a doubt the best footballing moment of my life in May. I will always support England in tournaments and of course love the banter against you lot but Hibs mean so much more to me than England.

Mr White
10-11-2016, 07:34 PM
Hibs mate, I started on one hell of a journey with Hibs 20 odd years ago and had without a doubt the best footballing moment of my life in May. I will always support England in tournaments and of course love the banter against you lot but Hibs mean so much more to me than England.

Good answer :thumbsup:

Ronster117
11-11-2016, 03:45 PM
Club over country every time for me so if I had to choose only one then a Hibs win.

Both would be nice though.
This 100%:thumbsup: