Billy Whizz
08-11-2016, 01:26 PM
Starts at 2pm
Mcgeough, Cummings and Forster all involved

scoopyboy
08-11-2016, 01:54 PM
Starts at 2pm
Mcgeough, Cummings and Forster all involved

Thanks Billy, keep the posts coming assuming you're there.

Billy Whizz
08-11-2016, 01:56 PM
Thanks Billy, keep the posts coming assuming you're there.

I am, no team lines yet. Mr Lennon here as well

Billy Whizz
08-11-2016, 02:05 PM
1-0 Hibs, Cummings, lovely move and chip over the goalie

Billy Whizz
08-11-2016, 02:25 PM
1-1

Billy Whizz
08-11-2016, 02:42 PM
Cummings sent off for dissent

oneone73
08-11-2016, 02:46 PM

Does a straight red rule him out of Saturday's game?

Billy Whizz
08-11-2016, 02:47 PM

Think so, was called offside and said something to the ref

Salt N Sauzee
08-11-2016, 02:47 PM

Red Cards carry over to the first team so I'd guess so?

andrew70
08-11-2016, 02:48 PM
Think so, was called offside and said something to the ref

A young ref, trying to make a name for himself?

Surely he can't have said anything worse than what players do every other Saturday.

Lennon there?

silverhibee
08-11-2016, 02:49 PM

Straight red Billy ?

Brightside
08-11-2016, 02:50 PM

Surely he can't have said anything worse than what players do every other Saturday.

Lennon there?

Or a young player being daft?

Wheat Hound
08-11-2016, 02:52 PM
Straight red for dissent is very rare. Ref having a shocker anyway denying us a stick on pen. Unfair red cards and denied pens.....Sounds familiar 😡

Billy Whizz
08-11-2016, 02:52 PM
Straight red Billy ?

Yes, George Craig trying to check if he's suspended or not

andrew70
08-11-2016, 02:53 PM
Or a young player being daft?

True! Wasn't trying to absolve him of any blame as I regularly see him disputing offside calls on a Saturday but I was wondering why he was sent off today and not previously.

Perhaps the quieter environment has led to him being sent off. Easier for the ref to hear.

Billy Whizz
08-11-2016, 02:53 PM

Lennon there?
Yes, sitting behind me, can't repeat on here what he said

andrew70
08-11-2016, 02:55 PM

Cheers. I can imagine.

Won't have helped Jason's case that's for sure.

GreenCastle
Hibs got a pretty strong team out - playing 3-5-2

They do look a little suspect at the back - keeper made some decent saves but needs work on distribution.

Cummings didn't look offside and looks like he just swore at assistant. Straight red seemed harsh though but refs do need respected you could say.

Killie look pretty good and knocking the ball around well.

Dylan best player on park - just quality.

CallumLaidlaw

Against Jason or the ref?

Danderhall Hibs

About the ref or about Cummings?

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 02:56 PM

Thats twice now, should have taken the money in the summer.

GreenCastle
08-11-2016, 02:58 PM

Behave. Top scorer last season and current top scorer.

This team needs goals and he's an asset to the club.

Billy Whizz
08-11-2016, 02:59 PM
Against Jason or the ref?

No comment

JimBHibees
08-11-2016, 02:59 PM
So that is likely SJM, Rocky and now Cummings out for Saturday Not good. Very unusual for a player to get straight red for dissent. Seems we are getting pasted by refs at present.

Brooster
08-11-2016, 03:01 PM
If you swear at officials you deserve to get sent off. Stupidity.

Paloschi
08-11-2016, 03:03 PM
Shows again that Falkirk's luck will never run out against us. Marciano and McGinn perhaps missing and Cummings now suspended.

Swearing at a ref is stupid but I can't say I've seen many straight reds for that. If it wasn't Cummings it wouldn't have happened. Simple as that.

Sean1875
08-11-2016, 03:03 PM

he's not played the last 3 and we seem to have done alright..?

Salt N Sauzee
08-11-2016, 03:04 PM
No comment

You sworn to secrecy? :confused:

Danderhall Hibs
08-11-2016, 03:05 PM
No comment

:aok: I know which.

Paloschi
08-11-2016, 03:05 PM
he's not played the last 3 and we seem to have done alright..?

True but lets say we are losing 1-0 with 10 minutes left and you have either Jason Cummings or Brian Graham to bring on to get us a goal. The answer would 100% be Cummings. He might not be starting games at the moment but he is a big, big part of this squad.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 03:06 PM
So that is likely SJM, Rocky and now Cummings out for Saturday Not good. Very unusual for a player to get straight red for dissent. Seems we are getting pasted by refs at present.

Mcginn has said he will fly back up if needed did he not?

DaveF
08-11-2016, 03:06 PM

I agree, but of course the issue here is consistency. I've no idea what Cummings said and that might well be (well obviously is) the key to it being a red card but you can guarantee there will be plenty other occasions during this game where the referee and linesman will have foul abuse directed at them - will they be yellow carded for it or just ignored.

TonyStokeprano
08-11-2016, 03:07 PM
True but lets say we are losing 1-0 with 10 minutes left and you have either Jason Cummings or Brian Graham to bring on to get us a goal. The answer would 100% be Cummings. He might not be starting games at the moment but he is a big, big part of this squad.

Totally agree and if he's just gonna be on the bench and playing for reserves we should have taken the money and brought insall back

Billy Whizz
08-11-2016, 03:07 PM
2-1 Killie, Ian Wilson

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 03:08 PM

He's not scored or performed well for weeks now. What use is striker who is way off form and when he gets his chance to impress in the development game gets himself sent off for not holding his tongue.

TonyStokeprano
08-11-2016, 03:09 PM
He's not scored or performed well for weeks now. What use is striker who is way off form and when he gets his chance to impress in the development game gets himself sent off for not holding his tongue.

How can he score when he's not involved lol first real bit action today and he scored after 5 minutes

Billy Whizz
08-11-2016, 03:13 PM
2-1 Killie, Ian Wilson

BSEJVT
08-11-2016, 03:13 PM
I wouldn't want to be too critical of Jason as he has delivered for us the past 2 1/2 years and its clear he is not the sharpest tool in the box, but he needs to get a grip of himself.

The argument against being that he is successful because of what he is.

But.....

Stupid sending off against Hearts could have cost us the cup replay

Stupid penalty in Semi

Now this

He isn't a wee boy anymore and needs to stop acting like one.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 03:14 PM
How can he score when he's not involved lol first real bit action today and he scored after 5 minutes

With what we've got on the field just now we don't need him. Sell him in the January window.

PeeKay
08-11-2016, 03:16 PM
No chance of appealing the straight red? If the appeal can't be heard before Saturday then he could play against Falkirk.

DaveF
08-11-2016, 03:17 PM
I wouldn't want to be too critical of Jason as he has delivered for us the past 2 1/2 years and its clear he is not the sharpest tool in the box, but he needs to get a grip of himself.

But.....

Stupid penalty in Semi

Now this

Correct. He's done very well to date in his career, but he's facing a hard time right and needs to make the right decisions to continue improving or it can quickly disappear.

I hope he re-discovers his form with us, but I suspect Lennon might see things differently.

B.H.F.C
08-11-2016, 03:18 PM
With what we've got on the field just now we don't need him. Sell him in the January window.

Is what we have on the field going to be fit and available for the rest of the season? We need the squad.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 03:19 PM
Correct. He's done very well to date in his career, but he's facing a hard time right and needs to make the right decisions to continue improving or it can quickly disappear.

I hope he re-discovers his form with us, but I suspect Lennon might see things differently.

I think NL may want to get rid, I don't think he has the patience for time wasters or players that don't pul their weight.

Billy Whizz
08-11-2016, 03:20 PM
Back to the game, 3-1 Killie

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 03:21 PM
Is what we have on the field going to be fit and available for the rest of the season? We need the squad.

We've done fine without DM. We are doing fine without JC. Brian Graham is on the fringes too, NL also saying in the EEN that he's going shopping in the January window.

Salt N Sauzee
08-11-2016, 03:22 PM

But.....

Stupid penalty in Semi

Now this

Bit harsh to hold that against him considering he scored 2 goals in those ties against Hearts plus they had a man sent off too. Cummings only got sent off due to the Hearts players crowding the ref crying about him kicking the ball away. Ref shat it.

TonyStokeprano
08-11-2016, 03:24 PM
I think NL may want to get rid, I don't think he has the patience for time wasters or players that don't pul their weight.

Why did he turn down a great offer just over 2 months ago then ... seems strange after almost begging cummings to stay. I want to see hibs get promoted and our young assets been managed properly so we can get the right fees for them. After being top scorer then not having a start in a month, he's probably been desperate to impress today and is sent off for offensive language at an offside which Is an almost instant reaction to being caught offside it to swear llol

B.H.F.C
We've done fine without DM. We are doing fine without JC. Brian Graham is on the fringes too, NL also saying in the EEN that he's going shopping in the January window.

Yeah we've done fine because we've had players to come in. January is a crap time to cash in. If we want to do that it should be done in the summer when you can reinvest properly.

flash
Another decision to be filed under suspicious by the looks of things.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 03:25 PM
Bit harsh to hold that against him considering he scored 2 goals in those ties against Hearts plus they had a man sent off too. Cummings only got sent off due to the Hearts players crowding the ref crying about him kicking the ball away. Ref shat it.

The linesman gave advice to the ref. He deserved it and it looks like he hasn't learned from it either.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 03:27 PM
Yeah we've done fine because we've had players to come in. January is a crap time to cash in. If we want to do that it should be done in the summer when you can reinvest properly.

And I said at the time when bids came in that we should take the money. I was shot down though. Any suggestions that we will get 3-4m for him is laughable.

s.a.m
08-11-2016, 03:29 PM

Worth pointing out that NL got sent off for dissent in his first (?) competitive game for us? :greengrin

Hamish
08-11-2016, 03:30 PM
Back to the game, 3-1 Killie

McGeouch off yet Billy?

Billy Whizz
08-11-2016, 03:34 PM
McGeouch off yet Billy?

No still on

Salt N Sauzee
08-11-2016, 03:36 PM
The linesman gave advice to the ref. He deserved it and it looks like he hasn't learned from it either.

Not what it looked like from my seat.

Regardless, to say we should of punted him is ridiculous. Scored some important goals for this club over the past 2/3 years.

History tells us that all good Hibs strikers come with a bit of baggage, gie the laddy a break, he'll learn :aok:

The Sundance Kid
08-11-2016, 03:37 PM
Evening News claiming that he will be available for the weekend as a red card for foul and abusive language only carries a competition-specific suspension

Billy Whizz
08-11-2016, 03:37 PM
4-1

silverhibee
08-11-2016, 03:39 PM
Yes, George Craig trying to check if he's suspended or not

:aok:

Think Mr Craig will find out he is banned for our next game, I think. :greengrin

GreenNWhiteArmy
08-11-2016, 03:39 PM
Players swear at officials every single week - some get away with it, some dont. Model professioanls included so this is just another example of fans jumping on the band wagon RE Jason's work ethic and attitude. Things werent being analysed TOO deeply last season nor at the start of this season and now that we've played, what, 3 games without him he's deemed surplus to requirements? typical football fan these days i suppose.

Jase is taking longer than most to adapt to the style, set up whatever you want to call it of a Neil Lennon side - so what? Roberto Firmino took over a year to adapt to a culture at Liverpool. Players at Man Utd are still adapting to Jose. It happens in Football. He's a young lad and i've absolutely no doubt he'll play a pivotal part not only this season but when we're promoted

JimBHibees
08-11-2016, 03:40 PM

When was the other time.

silverhibee
08-11-2016, 03:41 PM

Was it directed at player or referee? Or both.

hibees 7062
08-11-2016, 03:44 PM

Can't keep his mouth shut

silverhibee
08-11-2016, 03:45 PM

What should be the punishment for the ref when they swear at a player.

JimBHibees
08-11-2016, 03:45 PM
Mcginn has said he will fly back up if needed did he not?

Personally think the best we will get is as a sub. Even if he doesnt play the team will likely get back in about 2 or 3 in the morning. Hibs will be wary of him picking up a resultant injury so may come off the bench when we are 3 up :greengrin

BSEJVT
08-11-2016, 03:49 PM

That's why I specifically said I wouldn't want to be too harsh.

Your last sentence though misses the point.

He wont be either the first or last player to be booked and subsequently sent off for kicking the ball away.

If he doesn't do it there is sod all any linesman or ref can do.

He needs to buckle down and show what he can do, if he reacts properly the sky is the limit.

flash
08-11-2016, 03:50 PM
He can still play on Saturday.

Marco G
08-11-2016, 03:53 PM
Personally think the best we will get is as a sub. Even if he doesnt play the team will likely get back in about 2 or 3 in the morning. Hibs will be wary of him picking up a resultant injury so may come off the bench when we are 3 up :greengrin
Would think most Scotland players might be staying at their team hotel near London over Friday night. Sat am flight would get him up here in plenty time and fresh to play if he does not feature v England.

JimBHibees
08-11-2016, 03:55 PM
He can still play on Saturday.

Good news.

Notice John Beaton is the ref Saturday. Last game he reffed v Falkirk he ignored one of the most blatant pens ever at Falkirk in a 1-1 draw when McGinn was taken out.

Bishop Hibee
08-11-2016, 03:56 PM

Rubbish. If we'd sold him the fans would have been in revolt and we wouldn't have sold as many season tickets. Keeping him kept the feel good factor going. He is also a regular goal scorer at this level.

JimBHibees
08-11-2016, 03:56 PM
Would think most Scotland players might be staying at their team hotel near London over Friday night. Sat am flight would get him up here in plenty time and fresh to play if he does not feature v England.

Maybe not sure of arrangements. That would make sense however will depend if he takes an active part also.

andrew70
08-11-2016, 03:57 PM
Good news.

Notice John Beaton is the ref Saturday. Last game he reffed v Falkirk he ignored one of the most blatant pens ever at Falkirk in a 1-1 draw when McGinn was taken out.

Was he not the ref who got in the way of the ball, not once but twice, in the semi final against Houston's mob?

JimBHibees
08-11-2016, 04:00 PM
Was he not the ref who got in the way of the ball, not once but twice, in the semi final against Houston's mob?

Yep sure he got man of the match. :greengrin

Hibby Bairn
08-11-2016, 04:00 PM
Only a Hibs fan would want our young and still emerging top goalscorer sold :brickwall

JDHibs
08-11-2016, 04:22 PM
Everybody is quick to jump on any error Cummings makes, everybody is quick to say to keep telling us he hasnt been in form, has barely played in 3 and hasnt scored in a while.

Yet nobody is quick to tell you that even after all that, hes still out top scorer by some way this season. Why? Because the lad is talented. Hes a goalscorer. Tell me one young player whos never went a bit off form? Or had a bad patch?

Only Hibs fans with short memories who have forgotten we had players like Heffernan, Collins and Vine leading our forward line not so long ago, would want to get rid of a 21 year old whos scored over 50 goals in 120ish apps!

Billy Whizz
08-11-2016, 04:27 PM
On the positive side, Dylan played 90 mins, slow start but came into the game later on, and Ollie Shaw did well in the 2nd half playing the lone striker role.
Most of the young players played 2 days ago, so maybe that took a toll on them against a big physical Killie team, who thoroughly deserved their victory after the sending off

jarre1875
08-11-2016, 04:30 PM
Oli Shaw seems to playing s heck of a lot of games. Hibs u20s n sure he is on loan somewhere as well. I didnt know you could do that be on loan at 1 club n play for your own u20s.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
08-11-2016, 04:33 PM
I've always thought with Cummings that his attitude will both take him further in the game than his talent will yet will conversely also see him failing to capitalise on the opportunity.

Good goalscorer but takes 'daft laddie' to the extreme.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 04:36 PM
When was the other time.

Against Hearts in the cup.

Tyler Durden
08-11-2016, 04:41 PM
And I said at the time when bids came in that we should take the money. I was shot down though. Any suggestions that we will get 3-4m for him is laughable.

You were talking nonsense then and you're doing the same now.

I'm sure you said that suggestions we'd get offered over a million were laughable too.

Very strange "supporter" you.

ancient hibee
08-11-2016, 04:42 PM
Only a Hibs fan would want our young and still emerging top goalscorer sold :brickwall

As Lennon said last night--If Cummings had not been here we wouldn't be top of the league.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 04:43 PM
You were talking nonsense then and you're doing the same now.

I'm sure you said that suggestions we'd get offered over a million were laughable too.

Very strange "supporter" you.

No, I said the suggestions that we'd get 3-4-5m were laughable. Which they are.

Stantons Angel
08-11-2016, 04:50 PM

I take it that you have someone else in mind who would score the 8 goals he has and is still in front of the queue as top goalscorer?

Of course Bartley will have to be transferred too having been sent off twice already too........... Bizarre statement!

lucky
08-11-2016, 04:52 PM
Shows again that Falkirk's luck will never run out against us. Marciano and McGinn perhaps missing and Cummings now suspended.

Swearing at a ref is stupid but I can't say I've seen many straight reds for that. If it wasn't Cummings it wouldn't have happened. Simple as that.
Not as stupid as Hibs games going ahead when players are away on international duty

Salt N Sauzee
08-11-2016, 05:02 PM

Mental isn't it

Super_JMcGinn
08-11-2016, 05:49 PM

I don't think real Hibs fans do to be fair.

Billy Whizz
08-11-2016, 06:01 PM
I don't think real Hibs fans do to be fair.

HC is a real committed Hibs fan, just gets a bit too excited at times, to quick to post at times😄

macca70
08-11-2016, 06:02 PM
Apparently, a red for foul and abusive language only carries a competition specific suspension so should be available for Saturday.

He' needs to grow up, acting the big man and getting pointless reds like this are not helpful, especially when his team mates go on to lose 4-1.

I still can't get over his decision to take the penalty the way he did in the semi against Dundee Utd, I'' certain that at some point someone has removed his brain and replaced it with a steak pie.

cmcd
08-11-2016, 06:06 PM
I don't want Cummings to go but he needs to take a look at himself and get a grip .Getting himself sent off in a game where he had the opportunity to show what he can do is ridiculous lm sure there will be posters on here who will say he is just a young lad . This is no excuse. He is in a privileged position and should be showing a good example to the many kids who attend ER

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 06:24 PM
I take it that you have someone else in mind who would score the 8 goals he has and is still in front of the queue as top goalscorer?

Of course Bartley will have to be transferred too having been sent off twice already too........... Bizarre statement!

Bartley wasn't sent off for petulance like cummings. Bartley was incorrectly sent off both times as the appeals showed. Cummings now has 2 red cards for dissent. If he hasn't learned by now he never will.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 06:27 PM
HC is a real committed Hibs fan, just gets a bit too excited at times, to quick to post at times😄

Cheers Billy :aok:. Just because I go against the grain sometimes and don't just sit and nod my head like some I'm not a real Hibs fans. Laughable.

JimBHibees
08-11-2016, 06:30 PM
Against Hearts in the cup.

Wasn't dissent it was rolling the ball away, very soft.

Super_JMcGinn
08-11-2016, 06:33 PM
Cheers Billy :aok:. Just because I go against the grain sometimes and don't just sit and nod my head like some I'm not a real Hibs fans. Laughable.

That statement could sum up my time on here too.:greengrin

lugz
08-11-2016, 06:49 PM
Bartley and Cummings openly joking about the red card on twitter. Hope Lennon goes through Cummings.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 06:57 PM
Wasn't dissent it was rolling the ball away, very soft.

He didn't "roll the ball away" he deliberately blasted it against the advertising hoardings making it fly up the park. Kicking or throwing the ball away is dissent.

iwasthere1972
08-11-2016, 07:02 PM
Bartley and Cummings openly joking about the red card on twitter. Hope Lennon goes through Cummings.

Cummings is his own worst enemy. The laddie does some stupid things and needs to wise up otherwise his career will only go one way.

NikGunnarsson
08-11-2016, 07:03 PM

Really?, Thought big Brian has done fantastic every time he has played and shows he has goals in him, came on last 10 at East End and scored a lovely goal. Would be a no-brainer for me.

matty_f
08-11-2016, 07:03 PM
He didn't "roll the ball away" he deliberately blasted it against the advertising hoardings making it fly up the park. Kicking or throwing the ball away is dissent.

Which loads of players have since done at Easter Road without so much as a word from the ref, by the way.

JimBHibees
08-11-2016, 07:05 PM

Rolled it away with his foot ref was doing nothing until Yam players told him his job.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 07:05 PM
Which loads of players have since done at Easter Road without so much as a word from the ref, by the way.

That's up to the refs, Cummings makes himself a target by doing stupid things, talking back to the officials, noising up opposing fans etc, As a poster has said above he is his own worst enemy.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 07:07 PM
Rolled it away with his foot ref was doing nothing until Yam players told him his job.

Yep, he rolled it away with his foot.

https://youtu.be/g2FdCibtMhk?t=160

hibbysam
08-11-2016, 07:09 PM
That's up to the refs, Cummings makes himself a target by doing stupid things, talking back to the officials, noising up opposing fans etc, As a poster has said above he is his own worst enemy.

You telling me if you score against hearts, in front of them, when they released you as a kid, you wouldn't celebrate in front of them? My hoop!

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 07:10 PM
You telling me if you score against hearts, in front of them, when they released you as a kid, you wouldn't celebrate in front of them? My hoop!

I didn't say that. Nearly every time he has scored against them he's been booked. He never learns.

JimBHibees
08-11-2016, 07:12 PM

Never a booking in a million years. Are you not more disgusted the way your players got a young player sent off. Shocking the ref was doing nothing until your favourites put the pressure on. Poor Jason.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 07:15 PM
Never a booking in a million years. Are you not more disgusted the way your players got a young player sent off. Shocking the ref was doing nothing until your favourites put the pressure on. Poor Jason.

Are you calling me a Hearts fan?

linlithgowhibbie
08-11-2016, 07:21 PM

Ignore him HC. We know you re a Hibbie, and a damned good one too!!!!!

silverhibee
08-11-2016, 08:02 PM

A bit like Lennon then. :greengrin

beensaidbefore
08-11-2016, 08:20 PM

Silly boy.

beensaidbefore
08-11-2016, 08:23 PM
Cummings is his own worst enemy. The laddie does some stupid things and needs to wise up otherwise his career will only go one way.

Especially when he is out the team already. Can't see him getting a start for a few weeks now. Really annoying cos we could have done with him coming on against Falkirk with a point to prove.

Edit. Just noticed someone else saying ha can play. Hopefully that's the case and he is chomping at the bit to getnon against Falkirk.

J-C
08-11-2016, 08:46 PM
Sportsound said he mouthed off to the linesman, they said they couldn't repeat it on air but a bit ott seemingly.

Smartie
08-11-2016, 08:51 PM
I think I'll reserve judgment until I know a bit more about what happened.

He might have been really hard done by. He might have been incredibly stupid and his mistake a costly one.

I suspect Lennon will probably get it right either way. It's good that he was there to see it and I'm sure he'll call it right.

3pm
08-11-2016, 08:52 PM
Bartley taking the piss out him on Twitter.

ian cruise
08-11-2016, 09:04 PM
Bartley taking the piss out him on Twitter.

I'm going to go against the grain and say that I don't think the Bartley and Jace conversation on twitter is a big blue album. I found it pretty amusing. Shows there's a good team spirit there and the rumours of dissent in the ranks are probably nothing.

Jason will know what he did wrong and Neil will have definitely told him to smarten up. There's no point in stewing over it, he can't go back and change it, just try ensure he doesn't do it again. We've all had a bit of gallows humour in the work place and laughed over things we've got wrong I'm sure.

emerald green
08-11-2016, 09:06 PM
A red card for foul, abusive and insulting language only carries a competition-specific suspension. That's according to the report in tonight's EEN. Presumably that's correct?

Mr White
08-11-2016, 09:10 PM
A red card for foul, abusive and insulting language only carries a competition-specific suspension. That's according to the report in tonight's EEN. Presumably that's correct?

If david hardie said so then maybe. However if it was Banderson then well, probably not.

ian cruise
08-11-2016, 09:10 PM

Yeah other confirmed this was the case earlier in the thread, probably where the EEN got it from rather than looking in to the rules of the game themselves.

JimBHibees
08-11-2016, 09:12 PM

When you choose to slate endlessly a talented Hibs player and back Hearts at every turn then you have a very strange way of being a Hibs fan. Bit attention seeking.

Radium
08-11-2016, 09:13 PM
Given the critical assessment directed by the Ayr United fullback to the linesman on Saturday [Are you a ##ck### idiot], which drew a chorus of approval from quite a few fans, but was completely ignored by the linesman, you wonder what must have been said ...

poolman
08-11-2016, 09:14 PM

You don't give up do you 😴

brog
08-11-2016, 09:14 PM

I think we all know you're a Hibs fan but after this thread I think we now also know that you have an extreme & IMO irrational dislike for JC. We need every asset we can this season & regardless of some of JC's daft laddie actions, he remains a key player for us. There's no doubt his mouthing off tonight appears to be an act of crass stupidity but I have some sympathy. He's 21yo, hasn't started for weeks but remains our top scorer by a distance & he's obviously very frustrated. I should also say I watch a lot of English football & if players were sent off every time they mouthed off at the officials, the games would finish 7 a side.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 09:19 PM
When you choose to slate endlessly a talented Hibs player and back Hearts at every turn then you have a very strange way of being a Hibs fan. Bit attention seeking.

Yes or No?

GreenCastle
08-11-2016, 09:19 PM
Some posters need to calm down and stop stirring.

I was at the game - Jason was doing well until the offside which wasn't offside - he shouted across to the assistant ref like you often see and ref then showed him straight red. Yes he swore and that's not allowed but you do see it every week going unpunished - not condemning it as officials need respect.

Jason hasn't been playing as he's been out of from and Boyle and Holt doing well but I want him to stay. He is a goal machine and he is important to us going up. We have to keep hold of him.

He's still young and learning and was gutted today when he went off.

The only bit that confused me was why he was changed and walked out of oriam as soon as the game was over and wasn't in the dressing room after the final whistle for possible debrief. Maybe he was told he could leave?

The game today was the worst Hibs Dev performance of the season. Sending off changed game.

Too many players didn't play to their standards.

We should be talking about Jordan Forresters average performance, why Dylan isn't playing 1st team when he's playing 90 mins on a hard surface (not ideal for his groin) and why we changed the goalie ? ( saving both for weekend?)

Killie really impressed me today and had several tidy players who I hope Hibs keep an eye on as lots of potential in them.

emerald green
08-11-2016, 09:24 PM
Yeah other confirmed this was the case earlier in the thread, probably where the EEN got it from rather than looking in to the rules of the game themselves.

OK thanks. :aok:

I wonder if Cummings' outburst is indicative of his current state of mind. He needs to wise up and not give officials these opportunities to send him off. Whether it was justified or not.

brianmc
08-11-2016, 10:37 PM
A lot of posters suggesting Jason is a daft young laddie who will learn to cut out the stupid mistakes etc once he's matured and gained more experience

This is his 4th season getting games in the first team-including being our top goalscorer, playing in cup finals and getting international experience with the Scotland under 21's.....

When do these posters think Jason will start to show any of this predicted maturity?

Personally I think he's one of those guys who's likely to be daft as a brush all his days - you either accept that or you get rid of him, but don't expect him to change.

ian cruise
08-11-2016, 10:50 PM
OK thanks. :aok:

I wonder if Cummings' outburst is indicative of his current state of mind. He needs to wise up and not give officials these opportunities to send him off. Whether it was justified or not.

I don't think it's his current state of mind, I think he's just a competitive, fiery young player. He needs to curb that side of his game but I don't think his spell on the sidelines has caused this. The twitter conversation with Big Marv shows he still in good spirits.

DirtyDeeds
08-11-2016, 10:55 PM

Your insistence to try and prove that we should punt a 21 year old for a couple daft (and in the end, inconsequential) decisions is going right down the road of Gail/Hanlon strangeness and obesession. Yeah, he's frustrating and not yet delivering consistently over 90 minutes. But what a player he could become. Would much rather watch it happen here than elsewhere. Get off the laddie's back.

hibbysam
08-11-2016, 11:02 PM
People need to stop saying that swearing is a sending off offence. It is not. The rule is offensive, insulting or abusive language. If Jason shouted 'that's a ******* awful decision lino' it's not a red card, it's probably a yellow for dissent. If he calls the linesman a name then there would be grounds for a red, however when you see how some of these refs speak and act to players, it's neither wonder they get the same treatment back.

Dunbar Hibee
08-11-2016, 11:54 PM
He swore at a linesman. In a development game.

Woopty ****in doo.

08-11-2016, 11:55 PM
Pathetic to send a player off for swearing. I see the sun has it on their back page. Dismal journalism. Dismal refereeing

hibs0666
08-11-2016, 11:58 PM
Pathetic to send a player off for swearing. I see the sun has it on their back page. Dismal journalism. Dismal refereeing

The Ayr full back last weekend gave it large to a linesman. Nothing happened of course

IberianHibernian
09-11-2016, 12:09 AM
What was our team ? Apart from Cummings , Dylan , Forster and Shaw no mention of team here or on official site .

GreenCastle
09-11-2016, 01:45 AM
What was our team ? Apart from Cummings , Dylan , Forster and Shaw no mention of team here or on official site .

3-5-2 - more of a 4-4-1 2nd half with 10 players - centre back into midfield and Donaldson playing right back

P.Martin

Donaldson

Stirling
Forster
Porteous

Crane

S.Martin
McGeough
I.Murray

Shaw
Cummings

Subs..

Allen, Watson, Breen and Gullan

Slim Shady
09-11-2016, 03:59 AM

Called the Lino "a ****ing baldy ****"

Not very bright move. 1-2 match ban looms.

bingo70
09-11-2016, 06:25 AM
Called the Lino "a ****ing baldy ****"

Not very bright move. 1-2 match ban looms.

Shouldn't have said it but would it have taken much for the lino to laugh that off and get the ref to have a quiet word if necessary? He was hardly threatening to eat his children or anything. Jeezo, if he's that sensitive I'd suggest being linesman probably isn't the best role for him.

oconnors_strip
09-11-2016, 08:54 AM
Oli Shaw seems to playing s heck of a lot of games. Hibs u20s n sure he is on loan somewhere as well. I didnt know you could do that be on loan at 1 club n play for your own u20s.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Shaw is on a development loan which means he can play for his parent club during the week in development league and loan club at weekend

Salt N Sauzee
09-11-2016, 09:07 AM
I didn't say that. Nearly every time he has scored against them he's been booked. He never learns.

Since when was noising up Hearts fans a bad thing?

Slim Shady
09-11-2016, 10:05 AM
Shouldn't have said it but would it have taken much for the lino to laugh that off and get the ref to have a quiet word if necessary? He was hardly threatening to eat his children or anything. Jeezo, if he's that sensitive I'd suggest being linesman probably isn't the best role for him.

Whilst i agree with you, there is also a huge part of the behavioural issue of what's wrong with football.

Would it be acceptable for the lino to say this kind of thing of thing to Jason?

JimBHibees
09-11-2016, 11:31 AM
Yes or No?

You choose.

Tamhere1875
09-11-2016, 03:17 PM
Some posters need to calm down and stop stirring.

I was at the game - Jason was doing well until the offside which wasn't offside - he shouted across to the assistant ref like you often see and ref then showed him straight red. Yes he swore and that's not allowed but you do see it every week going unpunished - not condemning it as officials need respect.

Jason hasn't been playing as he's been out of from and Boyle and Holt doing well but I want him to stay. He is a goal machine and he is important to us going up. We have to keep hold of him.

He's still young and learning and was gutted today when he went off.

The only bit that confused me was why he was changed and walked out of oriam as soon as the game was over and wasn't in the dressing room after the final whistle for possible debrief. Maybe he was told he could leave?

The game today was the worst Hibs Dev performance of the season. Sending off changed game.

Too many players didn't play to their standards.

We should be talking about Jordan Forresters average performance, why Dylan isn't playing 1st team when he's playing 90 mins on a hard surface (not ideal for his groin) and why we changed the goalie ? ( saving both for weekend?)

Killie really impressed me today and had several tidy players who I hope Hibs keep an eye on as lots of potential in them.

As some ne who has attended all the development games this seaso home and away this was no where near their worst performance. As for Jason being onside he was at least a yard offside and telling the linesman that he was a dishonest person (in his own words ) he deserved to be sent off.

Baldy
09-11-2016, 04:17 PM
As for Jason being onside he was at least a yard offside and telling the linesman that he was a dishonest person (in his own words ) he deserved to be sent off.

totally agree, you have to realise this was a "senior" player abusing the officials in a development game, the ref was right to take action, if they allow that, the youngsters will think that is acceptable, so I back the ref on this occasion.

I also think the keeper was pretty good, I know he lost 4 goals but none of them he could do anything about, 2 were great curling shots, 1 took a wicked deflection and looped over him and the other was a good cross that he could do nothing about so the negative comments about him on this thread was not needed.

it could easily have been a 4-4 game and although we were down to 10, we had chances but Killie took each of theirs

bob12345
09-11-2016, 04:38 PM
Match report from the game: http://www.youthfootballscotland.co.uk/component/k2/item/19253-game-of-two-halves-as-killie-triumph-over-high-flying-hibs.html

Billy Whizz
09-11-2016, 04:40 PM
Good posts Tamhere1875 and Baldy

brog
09-11-2016, 05:42 PM
Match report from the game: http://www.youthfootballscotland.co.uk/component/k2/item/19253-game-of-two-halves-as-killie-triumph-over-high-flying-hibs.html

Thanks for this, good report. See we have Sheep away in next round of Cup.

GreenCastle
09-11-2016, 06:07 PM
As some ne who has attended all the development games this seaso home and away this was no where near their worst performance. As for Jason being onside he was at least a yard offside and telling the linesman that he was a dishonest person (in his own words ) he deserved to be sent off.

Which game do you think we have been worse ? I thought yesterday 2nd half was really poor for various reasons possibly including fatigue.

I sat in like with Jason's run and looked onside. Though the comment he made wasn't clever.

Albanian Hibs
09-11-2016, 07:31 PM
Was told he called the linesman a ****ing ***t.

Mikey09
09-11-2016, 08:00 PM

In what way is he a time waster?! As a Hibs fan you have an unhealthy dislike for the lad. That is obvious. I don't get it unless it's personal.