PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: NOMINATIONS OPEN FOR SUPPORTER REP. DIRECTORS

RSS Bot
08-11-2016, 09:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6945)

Pedantic_Hibee
08-11-2016, 09:29 AM
I'm your man. I hate Hearts and The Rangers and feel that my staunch hatred of both vile institutions will serve me well in the role.

Plus, the inside info will boost my knowledge for the bi-annual transfer deadline day threads.

scoopyboy
08-11-2016, 09:31 AM
I'm your man. I hate Hearts and The Rangers and feel that my staunch hatred of both vile institutions will serve me well in the role.

Plus, the inside info will boost my knowledge for the bi-annual transfer deadline day threads.

You've got my vote.

Billy Whizz
08-11-2016, 09:33 AM
You've got my vote.

What about you Sccopyboy😄

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2016, 09:35 AM
Anyone from here going to apply?

BroxburnHibee
08-11-2016, 09:36 AM

I would suggest that you are one of the most obvious candidates from here.

Billy Whizz
08-11-2016, 09:41 AM

100% not for me

Billy Whizz
08-11-2016, 09:42 AM
I would suggest that you are one of the most obvious candidates from here.

I would think BF is better on the outside

Pedantic_Hibee
08-11-2016, 09:45 AM
You've got my vote.

If I had the time I would genuinely apply. Some will know from my constant berating of Keith Jackson on twitter that I enjoy annoying the life out of people until I get the answer I want....hence why I've spent the last 63 days chasing Vodafone for a refund of the measly £50 they're due me. Currently on the phone to The Ombudsman as I type this, lodging a complaint and burning the ear off of the poor lass who's dealing with me :faf:

woodythehibee
08-11-2016, 09:57 AM
If I had the time I would genuinely apply. Some will know from my constant berating of Keith Jackson on twitter that I enjoy annoying the life out of people until I get the answer I want....hence why I've spent the last 63 days chasing Vodafone for a refund of the measly £50 they're due me. Currently on the phone to The Ombudsman as I type this, lodging a complaint and burning the ear off of the poor lass who's dealing with me :faf:

I must follow you on twitter as I have seen your rants to Keith Jackson and Vodafone. Very amusing :thumbsup:

Pedantic_Hibee
08-11-2016, 10:02 AM
I must follow you on twitter as I have seen your rants to Keith Jackson and Vodafone. Very amusing :thumbsup:

I think it's the only reason I have Twitter to be honest....

Danderhall Hibs
08-11-2016, 10:18 AM
I think Matty F is a good shout.

Loves Hibs, is literate, does blogs and that...

JDHibs
08-11-2016, 10:26 AM
Wish i could, but cant meet half the criteria due to work!

Pedantic_Hibee
08-11-2016, 10:27 AM
I think Matty F is a good shout.

Loves Hibs, is literate, does blogs and that...

Reported.

Ozyhibby
08-11-2016, 11:01 AM

You'd get my vote as that is exactly the type of person we need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scoopyboy
08-11-2016, 11:37 AM
What about you Sccopyboy😄

Billy, there's a bit of me would absolutely love to do it and I think I could make a decent go at it.

However there's an even bigger bit of me couldn't do it as I go to the games home and away with my mates and help run the East Lothian Hibs bus. That wins it for me.

Col2
08-11-2016, 11:40 AM
I was considering it.

Professional, articulate, passionate about Hibs - in my role stakeholder management, values and behaviours and visible leadership are key.

Problem for me is time. I and about to move into a new senior role with a different organisation and this will involve more travelling.

I am guessing that the right person needs to have some free time or lots of flexibility?

Billy Whizz
08-11-2016, 11:42 AM
Billy, there's a bit of me would absolutely love to do it and I think I could make a decent go at it.

However there's an even bigger bit of me couldn't do it as I go to the games home and away with my mates and help run the East Lothian Hibs bus. That wins it for me.

My feeling as well, Hibs are my hobby away from work, and I go with my family as well.
You could certainly get us more scoops, if you were inside ER😄

Scouse Hibee
08-11-2016, 12:14 PM
Are either of tbe two standing again?

Billy Whizz
08-11-2016, 12:17 PM
Are either of tbe two standing again?

Don't they have said anything yet

lucky
08-11-2016, 12:27 PM
I said before I'd support the existing two as I see no reason to change it. I don't know either of them but always say hello in passing. Yes they could be more visible on social media. But I'm not sure about having a ".net"candidate is a good idea. Surely these supporters should be for the whole support not one section. What would be the reaction on here if Bounce, Hibs Retro or the facebooke guy put a candidate up. As a fans forum we should discuss the merits of candidates but should not be supporting one or seen to be. Hibs.net is for all Hibbies

matty_f
08-11-2016, 12:30 PM
I said before I'd support the existing two as I see no reason to change it. I don't know either of them but always say hello in passing. Yes they could be more visible on social media. But I'm not sure about having a ".net"candidate is a good idea. Surely these supporters should be for the whole support not one section. What would be the reaction on here if Bounce, Hibs Retro or the facebooke guy put a candidate up. As a fans forum we should discuss the merits of candidates but should not be supporting one or seen to be. Hibs.net is for all Hibbies

Would they have to be exclusively representative of hibs.net?

BroxburnHibee
08-11-2016, 12:33 PM

I don't see it as a dotnet candidate but I can think of quite a few users on here who could do a job.

Danderhall Hibs
08-11-2016, 12:34 PM

Everyone is free to put themselves forward then it just comes down to the vote. Just like last time - we had one from the messagebords and one that loads of folk know.

I'm sure they won't ignore the other "groups" you mention. Just like the current guys didn't/don't.

Danderhall Hibs
08-11-2016, 12:35 PM
I don't see it as a dotnet candidate but I can think of quite a few users on here who could do a job.

Cheers - I appreciate your kind words. :greengrin

PatHead
08-11-2016, 12:47 PM
Bruce Langham said they were hoping to have hustings this year. It may be done over 2 votes. I understand Amit is standing again. Frank not so sure but hope he does.

JimBHibees
08-11-2016, 12:52 PM

Not sure that would be helpful, needs to be someone inclusive of all.

lucky
08-11-2016, 12:53 PM

I was responding to some suggesting that .net put a candidate up. I agree there are many capable posters on this site who would make good board members

Edit: the .net candidate comments were on the AGM thread

matty_f
08-11-2016, 01:00 PM
I was responding to some suggesting that .net put a candidate up. I agree there are many capable posters on this site who would make good board members

Edit: the .net candidate comments were on the AGM thread

:aok: Got you!

Brightside
08-11-2016, 01:20 PM
I see Hibs Fans News are putting up a candidate. :wink:

woodythehibee
08-11-2016, 01:41 PM

Oh dear. They are likely to do well in the vote with the amount of members they have to back them one would think.

Brooster
08-11-2016, 01:59 PM
Im in favour of 2 new faces coming in.

StevieC
08-11-2016, 02:02 PM
It would be interesting to hear from existing reps how their roles panned out over the season, what responsibilities they had and how much time the position took up. This sort of information would be helpful for those that were thinking of applying.

As it was a new thing I suspect that it might take a year or two before the actual role is fine tuned.

Mikey
08-11-2016, 03:00 PM

Hopefully votes will be cast based on what a person will bring to the table, rather than how many pals they can muster.

Pretty Boy
08-11-2016, 03:09 PM

Whoever does will need a thick skin.

I've got involved with a few things directly and indirectly with the club in recent years as well as doing my bit for this place. One thing that never fails to amaze me is some of the personal stuff that is thrown about. I'd imagine a director of the club will get it 10x worse.

100% not for me.

Beefster
08-11-2016, 03:15 PM
Im in favour of 2 new faces coming in.

I'm in that camp. Two year term and move on for someone else to have a go.

Cod Boy
08-11-2016, 03:21 PM
The two fans reps that are in at the moment probably had one of there greatest days in there life's being part of the open top bus celebrations something that can't be taking away from them.

Brightside
08-11-2016, 03:27 PM
Hopefully votes will be cast based on what a person will bring to the table, rather than how many pals they can muster.

If only. I'd assume he will be a cert for one post.

Brizo
08-11-2016, 04:44 PM
The question I will be asking the current fan reps if they stand again and are part of a hustings process, is what have they pushed through at Board level that wouldn't have gone through if there were no fan reps on the Board.

I see both fan reps at supporter club events and know that the oft maligned Frank Dougan does a lot of good work with the ill and the bereaved in the Hibs community. But ive to be convinced that the presence of fan rep directors has materially changed or influenced Board policy ?

CropleyWasGod
08-11-2016, 04:58 PM
I'm in that camp. Two year term and move on for someone else to have a go.

The problem with having 2 new faces every 2 years is that they take their time.... in my experience, up to 6 months... to get to grips with the job, and for others to get used to them. That means that they're less effective than they might otherwise be.

It might be a better idea to have a rotation, with one place up for election each year. That means that there's always continuity. There's always 1 rep on the Board who's had at least 1 year's experience, who can mentor the new rep coming in.

Carheenlea
08-11-2016, 07:28 PM
The problem with having 2 new faces every 2 years is that they take their time.... in my experience, up to 6 months... to get to grips with the job, and for others to get used to them. That means that they're less effective than they might otherwise be.

It might be a better idea to have a rotation, with one place up for election each year. That means that there's always continuity. There's always 1 rep on the Board who's had at least 1 year's experience, who can mentor the new rep coming in.

This makes sense.
While Frank was a familiar face and well known to a large number of fans, it can maybe take about the two years for fans to get familiar and recognise supporters who are elected to be fans reps in the board. A bit of continuity like you propose is a very good suggestion in my opinion.

macca70
08-11-2016, 09:25 PM
The question I will be asking the current fan reps if they stand again and are part of a hustings process, is what have they pushed through at Board level that wouldn't have gone through if there were no fan reps on the Board.

I see both fan reps at supporter club events and know that the oft maligned Frank Dougan does a lot of good work with the ill and the bereaved in the Hibs community. But ive to be convinced that the presence of fan rep directors has materially changed or influenced Board policy ?

Agree 100% with this.

Communication with the fans is key, that's surely the 1 main reason these 2 roles were created. I think it's important that at least 1 of the fans reps is active on social media and forums to allow them to take forward fans views and communicate back to the fans anything news worthy from the club.

I'm fairly active on hibs social media sites and forums and don't see much engagement between the fans and the fans reps.

I know Frank probably doesn't do 'online' that's why it's vital that the 2nd fans rep is active on social media/forums. I know Amit posts occasionally on here but it would be really encouraging if they produced a blog or monthly newsletter with updates on hot topics and any issues they have taken to the board.

Berwickhibby
08-11-2016, 09:54 PM
I have put my name forward and hopefully I reach the election stage, I will in due course put my ideas on Hibs.net

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

malcolm
09-11-2016, 06:49 AM

Most likely true but to be honest in this case I have absolutely no idea how effective they have been and as they are supposedly representing fans that is a real problem. I'm thinking of not bothering to vote...now if only sizeable numbers of the electorate elsewhere had taken the same approach :wink:

CropleyWasGod
09-11-2016, 07:03 AM
Most likely true but to be honest in this case I have absolutely no idea how effective they have been and as they are supposedly representing fans that is a real problem. I'm thinking of not bothering to vote...now if only sizeable numbers of the electorate elsewhere had taken the same approach :wink:
....Isn't it up to the electorate to ask them how effective they've been?

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

lucky
09-11-2016, 07:51 AM
Going by recent democratic decisions I think that there's every chance that the author of the Edinburgh song will win

Carheenlea
09-11-2016, 09:12 AM
Going by recent democratic decisions I think that there's every chance that the author of the Edinburgh song will win

That girl who runs the Hibs Paige site could be the ideal candidate then...:duck:

SouthMoroccoStu
09-11-2016, 10:18 AM
I'm in that camp. Two term and move on for someone else to have a go.

This hasn't exactly worked well in America this morning! :wink:

Golden Bear
09-11-2016, 12:04 PM
While conceding that idea of Supporters representatives on the Board is good in theory, I've still to be convinced that in practice it will make any difference to the average punter who turns up to watch Hibs on a Saturday.

Maybe a resume of what has already been discussed/achieved will make me think otherwise.

CropleyWasGod
09-11-2016, 01:04 PM
While conceding that idea of Supporters representatives on the Board is good in theory, I've still to be convinced that in practice it will make any difference to the average punter who turns up to watch Hibs on a Saturday.

Maybe a resume of what has already been discussed/achieved will make me think otherwise.

A parallel is your local councillor, MP or MSP.

Most of us don't need to consult them. It's good to know that they're there if we need them, though.

oldbutdim
09-11-2016, 01:15 PM
A parallel is your local councillor, MP or MSP.

Most of us don't need to consult them. It's good to know that they're there if we need them, though.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1018/552498930_2bc47c909b_o.jpg

matty_f
09-11-2016, 02:36 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1018/552498930_2bc47c909b_o.jpg

Nae need! :greengrin