PDA

View Full Version : Keeper to miss Falkirk game

Ronniekirk
07-11-2016, 12:37 PM
Called up for Israel Presume Laidlaw will get the nod

Craig_HFC
07-11-2016, 12:40 PM

Their 'keeper, Danny Rogers, will also be missing as he'll be away with Ireland.

scoopyboy
07-11-2016, 12:46 PM

Don't like the sound of this.

If Otso is called up by Finland does that mean the game will be postponed?

Otherwise we will have no back up keeper to Laidlaw.

Marco G
07-11-2016, 12:55 PM

Finland dont have an u21 fixture this weekend so you can relax!

DH1875
07-11-2016, 12:58 PM

Wouldn't matter we have no back up keeper. We'd have 3 players away for international duty in any case so could call the game off.
Any U21 international games this weekend?

scoopyboy
07-11-2016, 01:02 PM
Finland dont have an u21 fixture this weekend so you can relax!

No really, with Rocky away and SJM not a certainty I would rather have the game off.

Marco G
07-11-2016, 01:06 PM
No really, with Rocky away and SJM not a certainty I would rather have the game off.
Happy to play it and keep our points ticking over. Laidlaw looks fine to me and Falkirks keeper will be missing. SJM will be missed but we have plenty ready to step in and he could be OK for the bench at least.

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2016, 01:07 PM

:agree:

lucky
07-11-2016, 01:15 PM
It's a nonsense that games are played when teams are missing players. It worse as either are unlikely to play

scoopyboy
07-11-2016, 01:17 PM
Happy to play it and keep our points ticking over. Laidlaw looks fine to me and Falkirks keeper will be missing. SJM will be missed but we have plenty ready to step in and he could be OK for the bench at least.

We will probably be playing without Marciano, Keatings, McGeouch and McGinn. Four starters in my book.

Not so sure that we have too many that can step in, and if we have ones that do step in then we are gonna be helluva bare on the bench.

B.H.F.C
07-11-2016, 01:27 PM
We will probably be playing without Marciano, Keatings, McGeouch and McGinn. Four starters in my book.

Not so sure that we have too many that can step in, and if we have ones that do step in then we are gonna be helluva bare on the bench.

On McGeough, I noticed a tweet from him on Saturday saying that he had been back in full training for two weeks. Would seem a bit strange that he hasn't even been on the bench if that's the case.

matty_f
07-11-2016, 01:29 PM
I think the international breaks did more harm than good last season, we lost momentum IIRC and created a fixture backlog. Sucks to lose the players but at the same time it's an opportunity for a player to come in and show why they should get a game (like Boyle has done).

scoopyboy
07-11-2016, 01:49 PM
I think the international breaks did more harm than good last season, we lost momentum IIRC and created a fixture backlog. Sucks to lose the players but at the same time it's an opportunity for a player to come in and show why they should get a game (like Boyle has done).

It's a bit of a catch 22 situation Matty.

We want the game played to keep momentum and keep the points rolling in. That is fine if we win.

If we don't win we will be cursing the game got played.

scoopyboy
07-11-2016, 01:50 PM
On McGeough, I noticed a tweet from him on Saturday saying that he had been back in full training for two weeks. Would seem a bit strange that he hasn't even been on the bench if that's the case.

If that's the case then surely he will be in the squad this Saturday.

Ozyhibby
07-11-2016, 01:54 PM
So long as we have Boyle we will win anyway. Let's just play the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scoopyboy
07-11-2016, 02:02 PM
So long as we have Boyle we will win anyway. Let's just play the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the spirit Ozy.

greenginger
07-11-2016, 02:09 PM
So Rocky and McGinn definite call ups. If another one gets the nod we should be calling off IMO.

JDHibs
07-11-2016, 02:12 PM
This is why we have a squad with strength and depth.

JM has said he is willing to come back up the road for the game. If anything he will get circa 15 minutes at the most against England, or i imagine. The lad himself was surprised to get a call up with SB back.

Also worth a note, Laidlaw was in goal when we beat them the first game of the season and made 3 or 4 excellent saves. Pretty certain there goal was a 25 yard screamer from Sibbald IIRC.

Nothing to worry about, would rather keep momentum and play the game.

Billy Whizz
07-11-2016, 02:47 PM
If that's the case then surely he will be in the squad this Saturday.

Hopefully play for the development squad tomorrow if he's fit

matty_f
07-11-2016, 02:53 PM
It's a bit of a catch 22 situation Matty.

We want the game played to keep momentum and keep the points rolling in. That is fine if we win.

If we don't win we will be cursing the game got played.

That's true, I just remember being glad the game was delayed last season then annoyed when we had a bad run of fixtures! :greengrin

hfc rd
07-11-2016, 08:24 PM
Have Falkirk got any players away on international duty?

007 Mickey Weir
07-11-2016, 08:56 PM

Keeper. Danny Rogers

Pretty Boy
07-11-2016, 09:06 PM
Keeper. Danny Rogers

He was left out the final Ireland squad after making the provisional so will be available to play.

O'Rourke3
07-11-2016, 09:14 PM

Let's pray for a shin kicking contest call up for their squad.

cabbageandribs1875
07-11-2016, 09:21 PM
i think we will be just fine with the laddie Laidlaw