PDA

View Full Version : Agm

Tamhere1875
07-11-2016, 12:12 PM
It's that time off year again the Hibernian Football Club AGM or the George Craig talk in as its now called

theonlywayisup
07-11-2016, 12:36 PM
It's that time off year again the Hibernian Football Club AGM or the George Craig talk in as its now called

He didn't speak at all last year IIRC. Said plenty the first year though :agree:

Last Minute
07-11-2016, 12:38 PM

what date is it on

CropleyWasGod
07-11-2016, 12:38 PM
what date is it on

7th November :wink:

theonlywayisup
07-11-2016, 12:39 PM
Looking forward to it tonight.

Do you think that they'll have a wee video of the cup final?

Would also be good to hear what they say about the pitch invasion and the aftermatch - e.g. The The Rangers statements!!

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2016, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't have thought they'd play the DVD tonight - not really the place for it is it?

Once the formalities are over it should be an opportunity to ask questions about the pitch invasion and other stuff like the club shop and lack of merchandise etc.

StevieCowan
07-11-2016, 06:34 PM
Welcome any updates from those that are in attendance

O'Rourke3
07-11-2016, 07:21 PM
Forgot it was on..... Any protests outside this year?

MurrayfieldHibs
07-11-2016, 07:23 PM

Not so many :greengrin

FranckSuzy
07-11-2016, 07:23 PM

So did I! :blushie: :greengrin

O'Rourke3
07-11-2016, 07:37 PM
Not so many :greengrin

Quelle surprise.....

07-11-2016, 09:05 PM
It was quite good. Interesting to hear Dempster address the rangers thing

matty_f
07-11-2016, 09:09 PM
It was quite good. Interesting to hear Dempster address the rangers thing

What was said?

ancient hibee
07-11-2016, 09:13 PM
Although some corporate/management speak the whole night was very professional.Interesting contribution from the "football dept.",particularly about the academy and the effort going in with the sole purpose of bringing through players for the first team.No bulls@@t from anyone.Lennnon asked about Crane "he wasn't playing well enough or doing it at training at the time".Dempster about the final aftermath "we cooperate with all the relevant authorities,deal with what we can control,not going to issue half a dozen statements a month".Standing area"not on my radar".Bringing her to the club has been an outstanding decision I think.No financial punishment expected ,all costs accounted for.

Hibs Class
07-11-2016, 09:17 PM
What was said?

In essence, she led all aspects of our club's response to the cup final aftermath, from the outset there was a determination to go about things the right way, engaging with the right people (Police, SFA, Sheriff, etc.). Without saying it, I think she felt the aproach has been vindicated by the outcomes. She appreciated that the the rangers statements irritated our fans, but also said that she didn't want to get into issuing statement after statement.

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2016, 09:21 PM
If Amit is heavily involved with Academy, his name was not on any slides?

ancient hibee
07-11-2016, 09:25 PM
Lennon on McGeouch "playing for the development team but no desire to bring him back only to drop out again,difficult hamstring injury not of the usual type,as McGinn is going to need treatment want to make sure McGeouch is fit by then".Really impressed by Lennon tonight.

Topographic Hibby
07-11-2016, 09:35 PM
Cut the nonsense, anyone ask about the pies or the tannoy system? Or cup final merchandise? Were all the cups on display? Was the Director in charge of merchandising busy writing envelopes and stuffing DVDs inside? If not, why not?

What was the most ridiculous question asked......if I've not asked it already?

Nicho87
07-11-2016, 09:42 PM
Was rod still greeting?

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2016, 09:54 PM

Who said he was heavily involved Baldy?

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2016, 10:00 PM

He did in a blog last year

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2016, 10:04 PM
He did in a blog last year

:aok: I didn't read it.

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2016, 10:06 PM
:aok: I didn't read it.

Fair to say he thinks and talks highly of himself

http://hibscomebackison.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/changing-times-interview-with-amit.html?m=1

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2016, 10:16 PM
Fair to say he thinks and talks highly of himself

http://hibscomebackison.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/changing-times-interview-with-amit.html?m=1

I read that at the time and I didn't pick up on that - I see what you're saying now though.

It'd be great to hear from both the reps on what they've done and been involved with - surely a half yearly report (or even quarterly) isn't out of the question.

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2016, 10:19 PM
I read that at the time and I didn't pick up on that - I see what you're saying now though.

It'd be great to hear from both the reps on what they've done and been involved with - surely a half yearly report (or even quarterly) isn't out of the question.

Stated that both fan's reps would speak tonight, but they never did?

PatHead
07-11-2016, 10:20 PM
There were a couple of comments on the standard of refereeing from both Rod and Neil Lennon.

CropleyWasGod
07-11-2016, 10:22 PM

The election campaign kicks off tomorrow. They'll get their say :)

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2016, 10:35 PM
The election campaign kicks off tomorrow. They'll get their say :)

Meant to speak tonight, what changed?

hibby6270
07-11-2016, 10:41 PM
For those on here who are obsessed with it-

What was the attendance figure?
&
Did anyone do a dot count beforehand?

:greengrin:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
Didn't know that they were.

I'm guessing that it was a timing thing. The whole event was long enough as it was.

If the hustings happen, and they're up for re-election, that will be a more appropriate time to speak.

Baldy Foghorn
For those on here who are obsessed with it-

What was the attendance figure?
&
Did anyone do a dot count beforehand?

:greengrin:greengrin

Good turnout, not many spare seats

hibby6270
07-11-2016, 10:44 PM
Good turnout, not many spare seats

Cheers. :thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2016, 11:00 PM
I take it nothing of interest was said or if it was they asked for it not to go on social media?

In which case we'll need to wait a few days until everyone that was there tells their mates and they post what they heard from a good source.

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2016, 11:01 PM
I take it nothing of interest was said or if it was they asked for it not to go on social media?

In which case we'll need to wait a few days until everyone that's as there tells their mates and they post what they heard from a good source.

Nothing was said that was not for public consumption IMO

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2016, 11:02 PM
Nothing was said that was not for public consumption IMO

Any idea who was on the minutes then? :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2016, 11:09 PM
Any idea who was on the minutes then? :greengrin

No idea, surely someone took notes? Just not me:wink:

Hibby_Paul
07-11-2016, 11:11 PM

I actually spoke with Amit the other week about what he was doing with Acadmey these days, he said still volunteers as an administrator for the Edinburgh U15 and Fife Scout Units.

He was definitely involved a lot in the admin work of Academy Recruitment before the Club opened its doors to wider number of volunteers discussed tonight. I remember several times in last year and half him telling me about assisting with multiple scout reports coming in as they built this new system. Also speaking with boys and youth clubs on many logistical things which turned into many hrs of work it sounded like.

Sounds like this has come on a lot now with having more volunteers and actually this Craig Scates chap sounded like a permanent full-time worker? Amit mentioned someone picking up more of his admin duties which sounds like it was this role and gives it full time attention.

I think it all sounded like a big step forward and Amit and other volunteers deserve big pat on back in my book.

Why he wasn't mentioned by name I don't know? I couldn't read all slide name from my seat but I'd imagine not all volunteer names were on there juts the full time / part time people?
He is still involved in this alongside doing other board duties and his busy day job.

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2016, 11:19 PM
I actually spoke with Amit the other week about what he was doing with Acadmey these days, he said still volunteers as an administrator for the Edinburgh U15 and Fife Scout Units.

He was definitely involved a lot in the admin work of Academy Recruitment before the Club opened its doors to wider number of volunteers discussed tonight. I remember several times in last year and half him telling me about assisting with multiple scout reports coming in as they built this new system. Also speaking with boys and youth clubs on many logistical things which turned into many hrs of work it sounded like.

Sounds like this has come on a lot now with having more volunteers and actually this Craig Scates chap sounded like a permanent full-time worker? Amit mentioned someone picking up more of his admin duties which sounds like it was this role and gives it full time attention.

I think it all sounded like a big step forward and Amit and other volunteers deserve big pat on back in my book.

Why he wasn't mentioned by name I don't know? I couldn't read all slide name from my seat but I'd imagine not all volunteer names were on there juts the full time / part time people?
He is still involved in this alongside doing other board duties and his busy day job.

And slagging off the other rep to anyone who will listen to him:cb

Hibby_Paul
07-11-2016, 11:23 PM
Didn't know that they were.

I'm guessing that it was a timing thing. The whole event was long enough as it was.

If the hustings happen, and they're up for re-election, that will be a more appropriate time to speak.

Agree was disappointed not to hear from either of the fans reps.

Would been great to hear a bit more about their experiences, the persevere tour etc who they've met. They could have properly told George Craig and co to cut theirs by 5/10 mins to allow them to speak even briefly without losing the focus of that section.

Forza Fred
07-11-2016, 11:24 PM

In what way?

And why?

Baldy Foghorn
07-11-2016, 11:25 PM
In what way?

And why?

Telling people Frank is useless and only attends funerals:rolleyes:

Forza Fred
08-11-2016, 12:51 AM

Seems very unprofessional of Amit if he has been doing that.

SouthMoroccoStu
08-11-2016, 05:22 AM
Was there any mention of the role the media played post cup final?

(Other than Leeann, quite rightly, saying the club weren't going to release a statement every day)

Beefster
08-11-2016, 05:55 AM

If you've got an issue with Amit's behaviour, it might be classier to address it direct with him, even at a hustings, than stooping to the level that you're accusing him of by bad-mouthing him repeatedly on here without him being around to defend/refute.

Even better, let Frank deal with with his fellow Director.

StevieCowan
08-11-2016, 06:06 AM
If you've got an issue with Amit's behaviour, it might be classier to address it direct with him, even at a hustings, than stooping to the level that you're accusing him of by bad-mouthing him repeatedly on here without him being around to defend/refute.

As a casual observer over many a year there's one supporter who causes conflict and bad feeling at every opportunity.

Seems to be that there's always someone in his sights which is rather odd behaviour.

CentreLine
08-11-2016, 06:25 AM

Ultimately there was a Q&A opportunity. Nobody asked anything of the Fans Reps. Their contribution to the club and whole hearted commitment to the fans they represent was thoroughly acknowledged however.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2016, 06:35 AM
As a casual observer over many a year there's one supporter who causes conflict and bad feeling at every opportunity.

Seems to be that there's always someone in his sights which is rather odd behaviour.

Really?:faf:

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2016, 06:37 AM

Classy it may not be, but the point still stands.

Won't say any more on the matter, as said my piece:aok:

JimBHibees
08-11-2016, 06:44 AM
Classy it may not be, but the point still stands.

Won't say any more on the matter, as said my piece:aok:

Is that first hand or via others?

Mikey
08-11-2016, 07:03 AM

That'll be why you're nipping at his heels then.

Hibby D
08-11-2016, 07:16 AM

Not unlike what you are doing here S.

Couldn't agree more. I came on here this morning to read about the AGM (as I couldn't make it) not a Trump-esque campaign speech.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2016, 07:19 AM
Not unlike what you are doing here S.

Couldn't agree more. I came on here this morning to read about the AGM (as I couldn't make it) not a Trump-esque campaign speech.

I'm not a Club Director though D, very very different

Danderhall Hibs
08-11-2016, 07:20 AM
So basically nothing happened at the Agm.

But one poster is acting as proxy for one of the fans directors on here?

WhileTheChief..
08-11-2016, 07:21 AM

You were there, Amit was there and there was Q & A session.

You could have asked him yourself instead of coming on here and hiding behind your keyboard.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2016, 07:22 AM
So basically nothing happened at the Agm.

But one poster is acting as proxy for one of the fans directors on here?

in a nutshell:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2016, 07:22 AM
You were there, Amit was there and there was Q & A session.

You could have asked him yourself instead of coming on here and hiding behind your keyboard.

Hiding behind my keyboard, stop it:rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2016, 07:28 AM
I expected much more communication from the fans reps through media and actions the fans want to see implemented.

This is the reason i agree with the poster it could have been Billy whiz, who said they should only get 2 years and new reps should be voted on every couple of years.

Although to be honest, i think this exercise has just been a box ticking exercise with little gained for the actual fans they are there to represent.

Hibbyradge
08-11-2016, 07:33 AM
I expected much more communication from the fans reps through media and actions the fans want to see implemented.

This is the reason i agree with the poster it could have been Billy whiz, who said they should only get 2 years and new reps should be voted on every couple of years.

Although to be honest, i think this exercise has just been a box ticking exercise with little gained for the actual fans they are there to represent.

I agree. The "Fans' representative" title is a misnomer. I have absolutely no idea what they have done on our behalf, if anything.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Mr White
08-11-2016, 07:34 AM

Have you had any reason to contact either of them BH? I've spoken to Amit twice and on both occasions he was helpful and I was happy with the outcome.

Now there's no doubt Amit and Frank are limited in what they can do and what they can communicate from the boardroom. As a result of that sometimes people won't be happy with the outcome of course. From my experience though I'd say this has been far more than a box ticking exercise and as a point of contact within the club for fans wishing to communicate with someone with access to the boardroom, then these appointments have been a good step in the right direction.

CropleyWasGod
08-11-2016, 07:35 AM
I agree. The "Fans' representative" title is a misnomer. I have absolutely no idea what they have done on our behalf, if anything.

Can anyone enlighten me?
The election campaign starts today.

All of the questions that people have can be addressed over the next few months.

CropleyWasGod
08-11-2016, 07:36 AM

They do get 2 years.

That period is almost over. The current reps can apply for re-election, and the fans will make their choice.

oconnors_strip
08-11-2016, 07:37 AM
Was anything said about the report about the incidents at ibrox last year?

WhileTheChief..
^^^Agreed. Fans reps was a bad idea to begin with anyway.

Hopefully if there is an opportunity to vote again one option will be to scrap the roles altogether.

In previous years, hasn't the club put up a statement on the website reporting on the agm? Pretty sure the Evening News will do a piece on it too.

Pete
The election campaign starts today.

All of the questions that people have can be addressed over the next few months.

The first one to say they are building a wall will get my vote.

Danderhall Hibs
08-11-2016, 07:40 AM
They do get 2 years.

That period is almost over. The current reps can apply for re-election, and the fans will make their choice.

I think the point BH is making is that they should get 2 years and they're done, i.e. no re-election.

blackpoolhibs
08-11-2016, 07:41 AM
Have you had any reason to contact either of them BH? I've spoken to Amit twice and on both occasions he was helpful and I was happy with the outcome.

Now there's now doubt Amit and Frank are limited in what they can do and what they can communicate from the boardroom. As a result of that sometimes people won't be happy with the outcome of course. From my experience though I'd say this has been far more than a box ticking exercise and as a point of contact within the club for fans then these appointments have been a good step in the right direction.

I have not, although to be perfectly honest the last time i spoke to one of them he told me to **** off, so i wouldnt be contacting him ever.

As i live a fair bit away, it's more of a looking in from the outside, and i'd only ever see any of them if i bumped into them on a saturday if i was attending a match.

And its reading about the club and what they are doing about what questions the support are asking is what i'm basing my opinion on this.

There is a huge list of complaints ranging from treatment of the support to nothing in the shop, things the fans reps could communicate much better in my opinion.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2016, 07:42 AM

The Club have had dialogue with Sevco, and hope that fans safety will be implemented when we next go through there

Mr White
08-11-2016, 07:49 AM
I have not, although to be perfectly honest the last time i spoke to one of them he told me to **** off, so i wouldnt be contacting him ever.

As i live a fair bit away, it's more of a looking in from the outside, and i'd only ever see any of them if i bumped into them on a saturday if i was attending a match.

And its reading about the club and what they are doing about what questions the support are asking is what i'm basing my opinion on this.

There is a huge list of complaints ranging from treatment of the support to nothing in the shop, things the fans reps could communicate much better in my opinion.

Yeah fair enough, perhaps they could. Or perhaps they're unable to comment publicly on some issues due to contractual constraints in the case of the shop and the catering for example. I don't know, but from my own experiences I've seen two guys give up an awful lot of their time to try to help the club and the fans as far as they can.

Hibby_Paul
08-11-2016, 07:54 AM
I took from last night that Leeann took decision to lead the post cup final pitch invasion, media fall outand ibrox problems her way. Which is arguing our case behind scenes in a professional way, which overall seems to have worked well for cup final part anyway.

I'd imagine that Frank and Amit have had loads of points from fans which have all been fed back but they are prob very tied in what they can say back, especially online where everything is saved. The implications of these areas are significant as west coast media will be watching us waiting for anything to support their pro sevco case. So I'd guess they have to be very careful about what they say back and state their 'view'.

CropleyWasGod
08-11-2016, 08:02 AM
I think the point BH is making is that they should get 2 years and they're done, i.e. no re-election.
Fair enough.

It wouldn't be my view. But, we as the voters can make the choice not to re-elect them.

Hibs Class
08-11-2016, 08:10 AM

Yes. Leeann said that the club has direct relationships with all other clubs. After the ibrox match she met directly with rangers club reps, more than once. Didn't go into details about the discussions but said that the club is mindful of supporters' safety before, during and after every match and prepares accordingly.

tamig
08-11-2016, 08:11 AM

I've been reading this thread and it's been clear since early doors Baldy has an issue with Amit. I read Amit's blog on the volunteering work he'd been doing to get the youth scouting set up in a good place and didn't once think it was a "look at me" self promoting interview.

Throwing dirt at someone who puts a lot of their own time Into the club is bad patter. Threads on here aren't the place to sort it.

Ozyhibby
08-11-2016, 08:18 AM
There has been a lot more communication from Amit than from Frank although it is still not enough from either. I've always felt they represent the board to us rather than the other way round. I'll def be looking at the other options in the forthcoming election campaign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibs0666
08-11-2016, 08:18 AM
I've been reading this thread and it's been clear since early doors Baldy has an issue with Amit. I read Amit's blog on the volunteering work he'd been doing to get the youth scouting set up in a good place and didn't once think it was a "look at me" self promoting interview.

Throwing dirt at someone who puts a lot of their own time Into the club is bad patter. Threads on here aren't the place to sort it.

Yup - even when Hibs are sailing serenely on, Hibs supporters have the innate ability to start a pagger in an empty room.

tamig
08-11-2016, 08:36 AM
There has been a lot more communication from Amit than from Frank although it is still not enough from either. I've always felt they represent the board to us rather than the other way round. I'll def be looking at the other options in the forthcoming election campaign.

Is there a role description outlining the responsibilities and objectives of the reps or is nothing defined and it's all make it up as we go along?

jacomo
08-11-2016, 08:37 AM
Although some corporate/management speak the whole night was very professional.Interesting contribution from the "football dept.",particularly about the academy and the effort going in with the sole purpose of bringing through players for the first team.No bulls@@t from anyone.Lennnon asked about Crane "he wasn't playing well enough or doing it at training at the time".Dempster about the final aftermath "we cooperate with all the relevant authorities,deal with what we can control,not going to issue half a dozen statements a month".Standing area"not on my radar".Bringing her to the club has been an outstanding decision I think.No financial punishment expected ,all costs accounted for.

surprised and a little disappointed at that.

Different when it was a hypothetical question, perhaps, but now that the biggest club in Scotland has brought back safe standing (and Hibs fans have been standing at away fixtures) you would think that Hibs would at least be looking at it.

Baldy Foghorn
08-11-2016, 08:40 AM

Different when it was a hypothetical question, perhaps, but now that the biggest club in Scotland has brought back safe standing (and Hibs fans have been standing at away fixtures) you would think that Hibs would at least be looking at it.

We would rather spend money on the team.

Brightside
08-11-2016, 08:44 AM
They do get 2 years.

Both should be active on Social Media and Forums. I have no idea how else they get feedback from the fans.

WhileTheChief..
08-11-2016, 08:48 AM
I've always felt they represent the board to us rather than the other way round.

Exactly this.

Thing is, they're just not needed. Communication is far better in general since LD arrived and the club really don't need them to get fan feedback on issues like the shop and catering.

It was an idea at the time when the club was at its lowest ebb and was an easy way to appease the fans. Thankfully these days are behind us now.

I wonder if anyone representing HSL will put themselves forward this time. At least they would be answerable to HSL members.

Peevemor
08-11-2016, 08:50 AM

It cost Celtic £300 per seat (£600k for 2000 seats).

I think our priorities lie elsewhere for the time being.

http://www.the42.ie/celtic-safe-standing-2881837-Jul2016/

matty_f
08-11-2016, 08:52 AM
Both should be active on Social Media and Forums. I have no idea how else they get feedback from the fans.

I said that right at the beginning and got pelters for having a go at them, which wasn't the point at all.

CropleyWasGod
08-11-2016, 08:53 AM

Maybe by talking to them? :cb

tamig
08-11-2016, 08:53 AM

Amit comes on here now and again tbf. I think we need to know what their role is though. Where do they fit in with the Working Together stuff? If I have any issues I usually email someone at the club directly and things tend to get sorted.

Bostonhibby
08-11-2016, 08:58 AM
I remain in favour of having someone on the board / involved at an influential level who comes from the fans and is a fan, especially as we move towards a substantial chunk of the shares in our club being owned by fans.

Where I think there has always been a potential banana skin is over the fact that any rep also has a director's obligations around confidentiality / non disclosure and maybe even a personal responsibility / liability should they breach any of those obligations.

That said I don't think its impossible to ensure that they give opinions and advice (and maybe even vote?) based on their position as fans of the club in the hope that confidential or not they will hopefully be acting in a way that the majority of us would.

I don't think that any of the obligations a director has should prevent good information coming back to the fans - it's what the role was chiefly about, I thought anyway. Taking concerns from fans to the board and giving back outcomes - even if they aren't what we expected can make it easier when you at least have an understanding of the logic behind a position and have the confidence in who fronted it for you.

I don't know any of the individuals involved but I see Frank as doing a great many of the things he would probably have done irrespective of the role - maybe not ideal for a director of businesses other than a football club but in this case my instinct is I'd rather his type of person was there than not. Why? because I think his love of the club would probably over ride anything that goes with the role if there really was something bad going on behind the scenes/detrimental to the fans, I trust both reps to speak and influence as fans if they are allowed to do that.

Like many I expected a bit more to come out to fans but perhaps that's down to me not being able to physically attend too many meetings, Social media is a necessary evil, even if its just to create one central forum where once a month or every couple of months an update can be given on what they have become involved in and also to comment on what fans have brought to them(?)

Maybe the roles are too big given what comes their way and their other priorities? Could the club support with updates?:dunno:

Will be paying attention to what candidates say this time around and wondering if it will be deliverable based on what the experience of the last ones has been.

Brightside
08-11-2016, 09:00 AM
Maybe by talking to them? :cb

Im assuming Frank is the big lad that sits on a stool at the entrance to BTG? I wouldn't know Amit if he was sitting next to me.

Communication has to be done via the best methods. Its kind of the point of Social Media. I've had more f2f and online discussion with Leeann that the fans directors.

Killiehibbie
08-11-2016, 09:04 AM
Was anything said about the report about the incidents at ibrox last year?Poor policing and stewarding has been a constant problem since long before I ever visited the place. If the police could be bothered doing something about it it would be a safer place.

Forza Fred
08-11-2016, 09:05 AM

Your point about representing the board to the supporters, rather than the other way around is a pertinent one.

No disrespect to either of the so called fans reps, but that is how I see it too, albeit from afar.

I think they are possibly disadvantaged being the 'first' people in the role and possibly are too focussed on gaining the acceptance and respect of existing board members, than pushing fans' issues that the board may not necessarily agree with.

To be honest, I haven't seen much value in the whole 'fans rep' thing.

However I stress, that I am not questioning the two guys commitment to the cause.

I don't know Amit, but have known Frank for nigh on 50 years and know he would do anything for Hibs.

Bostonhibby
08-11-2016, 09:08 AM
Poor policing and stewarding has been a constant problem since long before I ever visited the place. If the police could be bothered doing something about it it would be a safer place.

:agree: based on a couple of personal experiences there, getting the police to even behave in a neutral way would be progress.

Danderhall Hibs
08-11-2016, 09:14 AM
I said that right at the beginning and got pelters for having a go at them, which wasn't the point at all.

:agree: they should be easily accessible - email, social media on here or in person. Not just some of the above.

They should also do a regular report (quarterly) to discuss the issues they've raised, work they've done and what their priorities are for the next quarter.

Not having a pop at either btw - they're giving up their time to do this so good on them - I'm just suggesting some improvements.

offshorehibby
08-11-2016, 09:25 AM
Nominations open for fans rep now.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/6945

Billy Whizz
08-11-2016, 09:27 AM

Yup, and got shot down in flames

Ozyhibby
08-11-2016, 09:28 AM
Your point about representing the board to the supporters, rather than the other way around is a pertinent one.

No disrespect to either of the so called fans reps, but that is how I see it too, albeit from afar.

I think they are possibly disadvantaged being the 'first' people in the role and possibly are too focussed on gaining the acceptance and respect of existing board members, than pushing fans' issues that the board may not necessarily agree with.

To be honest, I haven't seen much value in the whole 'fans rep' thing.

However I stress, that I am not questioning the two guys commitment to the cause.

I don't know Amit, but have known Frank for nigh on 50 years and know he would do anything for Hibs.

That last paragraph may be part of the problem. I see the role as being for someone prepared to go up against the club in support of what the fans want.
I see a lot of people saying that everything is going well just now and we don't need fans reps on the board, I disagree. I think we should always want our voices heard.
And although things are going well with the club just now, what about Scottish football as a whole? The SFA and the SPFL are membership organisations. Their failures are partly Hibs problem as well. What are the club's positions on the many issues facing the SFA in regards to youth development, financial governance, the failures of the Scotland team, the Nimmo smith report, the broadcasting deals etc etc.
I see the roles as leading to constant dialogue between fans and club on the many issues that constantly arise in Scottish football.

Forza Fred
08-11-2016, 09:29 AM
:agree: they should be easily accessible - email, social media on here or in person. Not just some of the above.

They should also do a regular report (quarterly) to discuss the issues they've raised, work they've done and what their priorities are for the next quarter.

Not having a pop at either btw - they're giving up their time to do this so good on them - I'm just suggesting some improvements.

In this day and age I think it is imperative that both reps use social media to communicate regularly with supporters.

Not every fan drinks in Easter Road or necessarily will seek out the reps at games, and I admit that I somewhat bemused by the fact that they both seem to post very infrequently on here regarding what they are involved in?

I sometimes wonder if they are just asked to do the jobs that other 'real' directors consider not the best use of their time, and in effect are used as an extra resource.

Forza Fred
08-11-2016, 09:41 AM
That last paragraph may be part of the problem. I see the role as being for someone prepared to go up against the club in support of what the fans want.
I see a lot of people saying that everything is going well just now and we don't need fans reps on the board, I disagree. I think we should always want our voices heard.
And although things are going well with the club just now, what about Scottish football as a whole? The SFA and the SPFL are membership organisations. Their failures are partly Hibs problem as well. What are the club's positions on the many issues facing the SFA in regards to youth development, financial governance, the failures of the Scotland team, the Nimmo smith report, the broadcasting deals etc etc.
I see the roles as leading to constant dialogue between fans and club on the many issues that constantly arise in Scottish football.

No probs with anything you say, but can I suggest that in the days of email and social media, it is quite easy to directly get your point of view over to people within the club, instead of necessarily going through an intermediary?

The fans rep may not necessarily agree with your point of view on a particular topic, so I would imagine if that was the case, that while they may indeed report that they were asked mention it, it is unlikely that they would 'push' it unless they shared your passion for whatever it was.

lucky
08-11-2016, 09:56 AM
We need fans representatives on the board during the good and bad times. I see the role of the these reps as giving us fans a voice. .net , bounce or other social media accounts are a great way of getting information out to fans. The reps should also attend all supporters branches at least once a year. We need our reps to clearer of the role they play in the board. A monthly written report is another way of getting information out. But the reality these roles are thankless tasks

Ozyhibby
08-11-2016, 10:57 AM
Maybe we need a Hibs.net candidate who could bring up the things fans are debating on here.

Danderhall Hibs
08-11-2016, 10:59 AM
Maybe we need a Hibs.net candidate who could bring up the things fans are debating on here.

:agree: Already suggested Matty F on the other thread.

Ozyhibby
08-11-2016, 11:02 AM
:agree: Already suggested Matty F on the other thread.

That's a good suggestion. And anyone who posts as often as he does on here can't say they don't have time. [emoji23]

Evergreen86
08-11-2016, 11:13 AM

He also has it on his little bio on twitter...

Investment Specialist / Non-Exec Director / HFC Supporter's Representative / HFC Academy Recruitment

I asked him before (numerous times before reply) what exactly he has to do with Academy Recruitment and his response...

Hi. Just seen your message. The Academy Recruitment involvement was something I did before being appointed on the Board. I decided to keep this going. Effectively, I help to administrate scouts reports and activities. I was actively involved in helping Graeme Mathie to shape the academy player ID administration/coordination structure. https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v2/72x72/1f44d-1f3fd.png

Make of it what you will...

Bad Martini
08-11-2016, 11:20 AM
:greengrin

Vintage. I often wondered what would happen when we won the Scottish Cup, were top of the league, had a manager with a good grasp on the team and the credentials and ability to get us moving upwards (which few thought possible after the Scottish Cup win euphoria) and with none of our players in the press too much, no court cases pending and nothing much happening. I know the answer now :greengrin:thumbsup:

As someone said, start a swedge in an empty room. Vintage.

Still, for all our faults, at least we're no the mutants.

ENDOF :thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
08-11-2016, 11:46 AM
Interesting looking at our turnover, just over £7million. Noticed Aberdeen have just published their results, just over £13.4 million.
Massive difference. Apart from them being in the Premiership, where have they got the extra £6.5 million revenue from? Something for us to aim at

3pm
08-11-2016, 11:48 AM
Interesting looking at our turnover, just over £7million. Noticed Aberdeen have just published their results, just over £13.4 million.
Massive difference. Apart from them being in the Premiership, where have they got the extra £6.5 million revenue from? Something for us to aim at

Take it that wasn't down to the punters paying the debt off? Did they not give them money?

CropleyWasGod
08-11-2016, 11:49 AM

Investment Specialist / Non-Exec Director / HFC Supporter's Representative / HFC Academy Recruitment

I asked him before (numerous times before reply) what exactly he has to do with Academy Recruitment and his response...

Hi. Just seen your message. The Academy Recruitment involvement was something I did before being appointed on the Board. I decided to keep this going. Effectively, I help to administrate scouts reports and activities. I was actively involved in helping Graeme Mathie to shape the academy player ID administration/coordination structure. https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v2/72x72/1f44d-1f3fd.png

George Craig and the others made great play last night of the extent to which we rely on volunteers and students.

stantonhibby
08-11-2016, 11:52 AM
Take it that wasn't down to the punters paying the debt off? Did they not give them money?

Yeah they got £3m/£4m from a couple of fans. Not sure if the timeline would cover these accounts though ?

CropleyWasGod
08-11-2016, 11:54 AM
Yeah they got £3m/£4m from a couple of fans. Not sure if the timeline would cover these accounts though ?

That's not turnover, though.

Ozyhibby
08-11-2016, 11:57 AM

That's a bit of a mystery to me as well Billy. It's possible that they have more of the business in-house like catering etc but I struggle to see how that difference can be made up. They are running wages costs at 50% which is roughly the same as us which means they are putting out a team twice the cost of ours on similar crowds? I'm a bit confused, again. [emoji23]

Billy Whizz
08-11-2016, 11:57 AM
That's not turnover, though.

Have you managed to see their accounts yet, to see where the extra revenue came from?

Billy Whizz
08-11-2016, 12:00 PM
That's a bit of a mystery to me as well Billy. It's possible that they have more of the business in-house like catering etc but I struggle to see how that difference can be made up. They are running wages costs at 50% which is roughly the same as us which means they are putting out a team twice the cost of ours on similar crowds? I'm a bit confused, again. [emoji23]

http://www.afc.co.uk/news/8717.php#.WCHMQs9vhjo

CropleyWasGod
08-11-2016, 12:01 PM
Have you managed to see their accounts yet, to see where the extra revenue came from?

Just looking at their 2015 accounts quickly. i know the 2016 ones are out, but haven't seen them.

They break down their income as:-

Gate receipts £4.2m
Sponsorship and advertising £1.7
Broadcasting £1.9
Commercial £4.6
UEFA £0.4
Others £70k

The shop does pretty well, eh no? :greengrin

Ozyhibby
08-11-2016, 12:05 PM
Just looking at their 2015 accounts quickly. i know the 2016 ones are out, but haven't seen them.

They break down their income as:-

Gate receipts £4.2m
Sponsorship and advertising £1.7
Broadcasting £1.9
Commercial £4.6
UEFA £0.4
Others £70k

The shop does pretty well, eh no? :greengrin

Yes, that commercial figure is way out of step with everyone else. Do they have conferencing or hotel facilities attached?
Maybe they own a share in Rangers retail as well.

08-11-2016, 12:10 PM
From their website it seems to be related to "commercial, sponsorship, UEFA and broadcasting revenues."

I suppose it makes sense given we had lower attendances last season, no europe and were in a lower division. They run their own shop whereas we don't.

I think next years account will be much closer given the rise in attendances plus europe and some cash from stuff like the DVD. Also, we will get substantial cash if/when we get promoted.

I am surprised all that comes to a £6m difference though.

CropleyWasGod
08-11-2016, 12:13 PM
Yes, that commercial figure is way out of step with everyone else. Do they have conferencing or hotel facilities attached?
Maybe they own a share in Rangers retail as well.

:greengrin

You have to remember that they're the only team in Aberdeen. Therefore they have a monopoly on corporate commercial income.... their boxes are valued at something like £14m :greengrin

So, up until the recent downturn, that would have been a major source of income.

Jonnyboy
08-11-2016, 02:13 PM

It's pretty straightforward, prior to becoming a Director he did work voluntarily for the academy and he still does.

Am struggling to understand why some folk seem to have a problem with that.

silverhibee
08-11-2016, 02:18 PM
The Club have had dialogue with Sevco, and hope that fans safety will be implemented when we next go through there

Was this before or after the cup final, if it's next season we meet them at Ipox and we only get 900 tickets then I fear for the safety of our support that are lucky enough to get tickets for they games, no matter how many stewards or police are there to protect us it won't be enough, Hibs should demand that netting is put up to stop missiles being thrown at us as well, if we are relying on the powers at ipox to protect us then Hibs should just refuse to accept the ticket allocation we get as they could never guarantee our protection at that ground, we will get mauled.

JimBHibees
08-11-2016, 02:47 PM
It's pretty straightforward, prior to becoming a Director he did work voluntarily for the academy and he still does.

Agree hugely commendable.

Ozyhibby
08-11-2016, 03:03 PM

Yip, it seems pretty straight forward to me.

matty_f
08-11-2016, 03:28 PM

:agree:

Viking
08-11-2016, 03:32 PM
This thread has went down the road of many others and into one questioning the fans reps. Baldy Foghorn clearly has an agenda against Amit and is doing everything he can on here to slate him in the hope that others jump on board and take his word for it that Amit is no good for the job. Absolute nonsense in my oppinion and some posters can clearly see what hes doing. I am still not much wiser about the AGM due to the way this thread has spiralled!! Normally the AGM thread is very helpful to those that couldnt make it!!

08-11-2016, 03:36 PM
Was this before or after the cup final, if it's next season we meet them at Ipox and we only get 900 tickets then I fear for the safety of our support that are lucky enough to get tickets for they games, no matter how many stewards or police are there to protect us it won't be enough, Hibs should demand that netting is put up to stop missiles being thrown at us as well, if we are relying on the powers at ipox to protect us then Hibs should just refuse to accept the ticket allocation we get as they could never guarantee our protection at that ground, we will get mauled.

Some netting would be magic for climbing up when we score the last minute winner.

CropleyWasGod
08-11-2016, 03:51 PM
This thread has went down the road of many others and into one questioning the fans reps. Baldy Foghorn clearly has an agenda against Amit and is doing everything he can on here to slate him in the hope that others jump on board and take his word for it that Amit is no good for the job. Absolute nonsense in my oppinion and some posters can clearly see what hes doing. I am still not much wiser about the AGM due to the way this thread has spiralled!! Normally the AGM thread is very helpful to those that couldnt make it!!

Brief resume :)

1. the formal AGM took about 10 minutes. No questions on the accounts. RP... ever the stats man... confirmed that no other club has ever held the men's and women's Scottish Cups at the one time :)

2. the football department then took over. Presentations from GC, NL, Eddie May, and then the guys who deal with (I'll have forgotten someone) recruitment, stats management, fitness....

3. Q and A for all of those guys. Most of the questions have been dealt with earlier in this thread. NL very open and honest in his comments about various players, IMO.

4. Bruce Langham explained the process for re-election of fans' reps.

5. General Q and A... most questions have been dealt with earlier. There was a brief discussion about a Hibs museum. Stephen Dunn said that "the stadium is the museum" :agree:

Hopefully, we're back on track....

ancient hibee
08-11-2016, 03:55 PM

1. the formal AGM took about 10 minutes. No questions on the accounts. RP... ever the stats man... confirmed that no other club has ever held the men's and women's Scottish Cups at the one time :)

2. the football department then took over. Presentations from GC, NL, Eddie May, and then the guys who deal with (I'll have forgotten someone) recruitment, stats management, fitness....

3. Q and A for all of those guys. Most of the questions have been dealt with earlier in this thread. NL very open and honest in his comments about various players, IMO.

5. General Q and A... most questions have been dealt with earlier. There was a brief discussion about a Hibs museum. Stephen Dunn said that "the stadium is the museum" :agree:

You forgot about the plentiful supply of pies.

Ozyhibby
08-11-2016, 04:14 PM

We def don't need a museum. Everything we want displayed can be done in the various suite round the stadium.

Keith_M
08-11-2016, 04:16 PM
Were there any questions or info supplied about STF's intentions for ownership of Hibs over the long term?

There's currently a plan in action to make ~50% of the club shares available to supporters but what about the remainder of the shares, currently owned* by STF and Petrie?

* I realise the ownership is through a holding company but you get the gist.

CropleyWasGod
08-11-2016, 04:18 PM
Were there any questions or info supplied about STF's intentions for ownership of Hibs over the long term?

There's currently a plan in action to make ~50% of the club shares available to supporters but what about the remainder of the shares, currently owned* by STF and Petrie?

No.

That may become more of an issue once the fan ownership level gets nearer the 50%, or when HSL get a seat on the Board.

Keith_M
08-11-2016, 04:44 PM
No.

That may become more of an issue once the fan ownership level gets nearer the 50%, or when HSL get a seat on the Board.

OK, thanks.

ancient hibee
08-11-2016, 04:46 PM

I had thought about raising this but decided that as the rise in fan shareholders is due more to individual purchases rather than HSL and that there is no sign of another share offer it could wait until next year or later given the rate that the HSL holding is increasing.I do think it is a big issue as first is anyone likely to want to put in the cash for STFs holding as it will be in the minority and second would the takeover rules make it mandatory for the price also to be offered to the other shareholders.