PDA

View Full Version : Best defence

Moulin Yarns
06-11-2016, 11:59 AM
Arsenal are 1 up against Spurs meaning both Spurs and Hibs have only lost 6 goals in the league. Hibs have played 12, Spurs 11, one more for the Arsenal and we would have the best defence in the league in the whole of the UK (Cue someone to come up with a wee team from the Evo-Stik League!!)

WhileTheChief..
06-11-2016, 12:02 PM
Probably the best defence we've had since.....

Hmm, I dunno, back to McLeish's days??

Mr White
06-11-2016, 12:05 PM
Probably the best defence we've had since.....

Hmm, I dunno, back to McLeish's days??

Under hughes in 09/10 we were very good defensively ...

Until christmas.

WhileTheChief..
06-11-2016, 12:08 PM
Haha, true, then we conceded 6 in 90 mins instead of 6 in 12 games!

Highland_Hibee
06-11-2016, 12:18 PM
No coincidence that folk feel we have three of the best centre halfs we have had for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--------
07-11-2016, 11:36 AM
There's a heck of a difference in standards between the English Premier League and the Scottish Championship ....

:rolleyes:

Enough said
07-11-2016, 11:39 AM
There's a heck of a difference in standards between the English Premier League and the Scottish Championship ....

Yip ... better forwards so should be scoring more

Craig_HFC
07-11-2016, 11:39 AM

It's all relative though, isn't it?

JDHibs
07-11-2016, 11:40 AM
All stemming from having a solid keeper, 2 born and bred Hibs fans and a centre half who had over 400 appearances in the championship down south.

As for the difference in calibre between our league and the prem down south Doddie, can only keep out what you play against, both teams are near the top of their respective divisions. There is also a big difference in calibre between us and Spurs.

Highland_Hibee
07-11-2016, 11:43 AM

Someone forgot to tell Ajax there is a big difference between The Eridevisie and the Lowland League.

CallumLaidlaw
07-11-2016, 11:49 AM

You're in the league you are in for a reason. Unfortunately we are in the Scottish Championship for a 3rd year so this is our standard at present. Spurs might be playing against better players, but they also have better players. East Kilbride just beat Ajax's record for consecutive matches won. Standards not comparable but Ajax felt it worthy to send representatives to East Kilbride to film the match.

givescotlandfreedom
07-11-2016, 02:21 PM
I still think we look really shaky at defending set pieces. Corners especially.

JDHibs
07-11-2016, 02:51 PM
As for set pieces, teams know they will struggle to play through us and score in open play, set pieces represent the best chance these teams have of scoring. Most teams we play against have big huddies at CB who are good at attacking set pieces.

Other than our back 3, we dont have alot of physicality, bar Holt or height in the team that started against Ayr.

CallumLaidlaw
07-11-2016, 02:56 PM
As for set pieces, teams know they will struggle to play through us and score in open play, set pieces represent the best chance these teams have of scoring. Most teams we play against have big huddies at CB who are good at attacking set pieces.

Other than our back 3, we dont have alot of physicality, bar Holt or height in the team that started against Ayr.

Plus Lennon loves zonal marking [emoji85][emoji85]

JDHibs
07-11-2016, 03:03 PM
Callum, i try not to mention "zonal marking" as it gives me nightmares.

So go away.