PDA

View Full Version : Dundee United

Voltarol
06-11-2016, 09:41 AM
Looking a strong contender for the title. They are getting better each week as their new side settles in.

I think we have to strengthen in January otherwise we could find ourselves in a play-off again.

Niffy
06-11-2016, 09:45 AM
They don't have a Squirrel and a Jase waiting for his chance to shine again.... if anyone's hitting good form , it's Hibs.

Happy 1st post to you too.

Ronniekirk
06-11-2016, 09:57 AM
They brought in Manager who had done well with limited resources at Raith and who therefore knows what it takes to do well in this division
He has done his job well, and has them achieving consistency now ,and winning games ,and scoring goals .Thats with injuries to contend with .So credit where credit is due
Hopefully we are now through our sticky patch and we now have a real contest for the Championship
But it will ne hard for United to sustain this
Think both Clubs will look to Strenthen in January ,if its still close ,as the real prize is to win theChampionship and avoid the Lottery of the play offs

calumhibee1
06-11-2016, 09:59 AM
They brpught on a Manager whp had done well woth limited tespurces at Rsith and who tjefore knows what it takes to do well in this division
He has done hos job well and has them achieving consistency now and winning games and scoring goals Thats with injuries to contend with So credit whete redit is due
Hopefully we are now thrpugh pur sticky patch and we now have a teal contest for the Championship
Think boyhClubs willlook to Strenthen in January if its soll tha close as the teal prize is to won tje Chsmpionship and avoid the Lottety of the play offs

Pardon

Mr White
06-11-2016, 10:01 AM
Think boyhClubs willlook to Strenthen in January if its soll tha close as the teal prize is to won tje Chsmpionship and avoid the Lottety of the play offs

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-11-2016, 10:02 AM
The message that I am getting from Arabs I know is that the realistic target is second and then take their chances in the play offs.

Moulin Yarns
06-11-2016, 10:03 AM
They brpught on a Manager whp had done well woth limited tespurces at Rsith and who tjefore knows what it takes to do well in this division
He has done hos job well and has them achieving consistency now and winning games and scoring goals Thats with injuries to contend with So credit whete redit is due
Hopefully we are now thrpugh pur sticky patch and we now have a teal contest for the Championship

That must have been some celebration last night :greengrin

Ronniekirk
06-11-2016, 10:06 AM
Sorted now . don't know how i managed that Have posted a few clangers in my time on here, but that one even made me laugh

Booked4Being-Ugly
06-11-2016, 10:06 AM
There were a number of posters on here saying that it takes a long time to get a decent squad together to challenge for the title, yet Dundee UTD had a clearout in the summer and seem to have got their act together sharpish.

I still feel we're a better team but it's really up to us to do the business on the park to prove that.

MWHIBBIES
06-11-2016, 10:13 AM
Win the next 3 and we'll be well clear of them.

hibbydog
06-11-2016, 10:14 AM

Brilliant !!!!!

hibbysam
06-11-2016, 10:18 AM
There were a number of posters on here saying that it takes a long time to get a decent squad together to challenge for the title, yet Dundee UTD had a clearout in the summer and seem to have got their act together sharpish.

I still feel we're a better team but it's really up to us to do the business on the park to prove that.

Let's not forget that we started our first year as united started this year, we also went on a long unbeaten run, 1 defeat in 25 or something daft, however Hearts started quick and carried it on, whereas we had a 5 game blip to let united back in. They were also extremely poor at Easter road and I have no doubt we will pull away in the coming weeks.

Diclonius
06-11-2016, 10:27 AM

Post of the year.

Booked4Being-Ugly
06-11-2016, 10:32 AM
Let's not forget that we started our first year as united started this year, we also went on a long unbeaten run, 1 defeat in 25 or something daft, however Hearts started quick and carried it on, whereas we had a 5 game blip to let united back in. They were also extremely poor at Easter road and I have no doubt we will pull away in the coming weeks.True, it will be interesting to see what happens this season and if UTD can stay the distance. I must admit I wasn't too impressed when i saw them at ER, despite the fact we could have lost the game late on! I reckon that was down to us panicking though, rather than UTD being a better side.

I've no doubt we are the best team in the league but we just need to keep the momentum going.

Greenworld
06-11-2016, 10:57 AM
This will go all the way we must strengthen the team I'm sure Lennon will know that ..utd have got there act together it's looking like a two horse race .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

The Green Goblin
06-11-2016, 11:12 AM
Looking a strong contender for the title. They are getting better each week as their new side settles in.

I think we have to strengthen in January otherwise we could find ourselves in a play-off again.

They are 2nd and three points behind. Not much, but if we can take three points off them in a few weeks, and keep up our own winning ways, it will make it harder for them.

Nice username btw! :aok: I assume you know what the side effects of Voltarol are, when taken in pill form? :greengrin

dastardly8
06-11-2016, 11:23 AM
United have a weaker squad than us , if we keep all player fit we will win this league

DH1875
06-11-2016, 11:31 AM
United have a weaker squad than us , if we keep all player fit we will win this league

Could argue though that in Tony Andreu they have the best player in the league.

Del Boy
06-11-2016, 11:38 AM

Andreu is an excellent player although pretty quiet at Easter Rd.

United have a strong spine with Bell in goals, Edgenguele at CB, flood in midfield and then Andreu ahead of him. They don't really have a decent striker though and that may be the difference.

Malthibby
06-11-2016, 11:39 AM
We have Keatings & McGeogh unavailable, JC benched at the moment & we look just fine, can't take D.U. for granted but we
have a squad thaat should do the business, hopefully with a bit of comfort so we can relax & enjoy it.
GG

Sir David Gray
06-11-2016, 11:55 AM
I'm pretty confident we'll win this league.

As others have already said Keatings and McGeouch are two players who would walk into any team in this league and they are both injured and Cummings is our top scorer and he's having to make do with a place on the bench.

We have the strongest squad by far and that will pay off over the coming months.

emerald green
06-11-2016, 11:56 AM
If DU win on Tuesday night they will be on the same points as Hibs, which means the pressure will be back on Hibs to beat Falkirk the following Saturday.

I think Hibs are also going to need other teams to start taking points off DU. They (DU) have a potentially tricky fixture coming up away to Greenock Morton a week on Saturday. Morton seem to have improved (maybe?) since the drubbing they took at ER earlier in the season.

H18 SFR
06-11-2016, 12:13 PM
If DU win on Tuesday night they will be on the same points as Hibs, which means the pressure will be back on Hibs to beat Falkirk the following Saturday.

I think Hibs are also going to need other teams to start taking points off DU. They (DU) have a potentially tricky fixture coming up away to Greenock Morton a week on Saturday. Morton seem to have improved (maybe?) since the drubbing they took at ER earlier in the season.

Totally agree re Morton. They lost a couple of key players over the summer and it has taken them time to gel and rebuild. Hopefully they have a big say in this run in by beating everyone bar us.

hibbysam
06-11-2016, 12:15 PM

And IF Dundee United lose on Tuesday we will be three clear with a game in hand. It's all ifs and buts, we win our games, we get promoted, no need to worry about others.

keep the faith
06-11-2016, 12:17 PM

Strange 1st post bearing in mind we are top of the league and just had one of our most impressive performances of the season......

tamig
06-11-2016, 12:24 PM

I think the key to us having a stronger squad is we should be able to cope better with a couple of injuries. It will be tougher for them.

Billy Whizz
06-11-2016, 12:27 PM

United have a strong spine with Bell in goals, Edgenguele at CB, flood in midfield and then Andreu ahead of him. They don't really have a decent striker though and that may be the difference.

Is Andreu a season long loan, or can Norwich recall him in January

H18 SFR
06-11-2016, 12:28 PM
Is Andreu a season long loan, or can Norwich recall him in January

Andreu is done at Norwich, they wanted him out permanently, they see the guy at Aberdeen on loan as their next breakthrough.

Wee Effen Bee
06-11-2016, 12:32 PM
Strange 1st post bearing in mind we are top of the league and just had one of our most impressive performances of the season......

Aye, awfy strange:hmmm:

InchHibby
06-11-2016, 12:37 PM

Well what a really positive first post this is, you obviously weren't at the game yesterday, in fact I tend to think you've never actually been to any Hibs games.
Everyone is entitled to post what they want, but I think for your first post you haven't actually endeared yourself to anyone who does post on here, don't think I'll bother reading any more of your negativity.

Albanian Hibs
06-11-2016, 12:47 PM

Not worried about Dundee Utd at all 😎

Thecat23
06-11-2016, 12:48 PM
After seeing Utd at ER they were one of the worst teams I've seen in many years. Yes they may have picked up but they won't be near us imo. Just like when folk were panicking about QOS!!

col02
06-11-2016, 12:53 PM
Thanks to the support at home games Hibs have the potential to go out and strengthen in January. Can United compete financially with Hibs? I'd say not! We have found our groove again.

Wee Effen Bee
06-11-2016, 01:20 PM
Thanks to the support at home games Hibs have the potential to go out and strengthen in January. Can United compete financially with Hibs? I'd say not! We have found our groove again.

Youre right Col, we have the 'potential' to but not sure if we really need to. Unless of course, we begin strengthening and assembling the type of squad we will need after promotion. We have the best squad in the championship, sitting clear at the top and are in fine form with a lot of momentum. Looking good.

Borderhibbie76
06-11-2016, 01:39 PM

If we keep winning mate it doesn't matter what DU do tbh so technically we don't need teams to start taking points off them. It was only a few weeks ago some were worried about QOS on here and look at them now. We have by far the strongest squad and this will see us through over the course of the season I think...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
06-11-2016, 01:41 PM
After seeing Utd at ER they were one of the worst teams I've seen in many years. Yes they may have picked up but they won't be near us imo. Just like when folk were panicking about QOS!!
Just posted this TC some on here were fretting about QOS a few weeks back...Utd are in form at the moment I doubt they will sustain it tho

Roxyhibee
06-11-2016, 01:45 PM
Nah. Hibs will start to stretch away from Utd and the rest of the pack.. not saying it will all be smooth but we'll win this league.

Keith_M
06-11-2016, 01:52 PM
I can't imagine that anybody at Hibs will be taking Dundee Utd's challenge lightly. If Hibs concentrate on winning their own games, we won't have to worry about Utd.

FWIW, I hope they keep challenging, as it keeps the league interesting. Although I still want Hibs to have sown up the title some time in April ;-)

p.s. for the OP. What's with the Username?

Iggy Pope
06-11-2016, 02:18 PM

Hibs are flying though. One league defeat all season and squashed the divisions form side on their own patch yesterday without getting into 2nd gear and keeping 11 men on the park.

Is Voltarol the stuff that wummin take to empty their handbag of all the ***** they cant ***** or is it a fanny pad? I get mixed up.

The Green Goblin
06-11-2016, 02:32 PM
Hibs are flying though. One league defeat all season and squashed the divisions form side on their own patch yesterday without getting into 2nd gear and keeping 11 men on the park.

Is Voltarol the stuff that wummin take to empty their handbag of all the ***** they cant ***** or is it a fanny pad? I get mixed up.

It is a potent painkiller, often used as a suppository (!) which gives you the William Shatners.....

Dashing Bob S
06-11-2016, 02:38 PM
Agree with the OP, every chance Utd could win it. They were always going to be the main threat once McKinnon settled in. He's no miracle worker but he's more than a decent manager at that level. Whether they have the staying power is open to conjecture, but they are playing with confidence and on a good run.

We should be out of sight from them, but corrupt referring with those red cards cost us points. As poor as our form was a couple of weeks back, we would have secured a bigger lead with 11-a-side.

My concern is, that with the smarting Hun referee factor, only being a little better than anybody else in that League will not win the flag. We have to be loads better.

Iggy Pope
06-11-2016, 02:39 PM
It is a potent painkiller, often used as a suppository (!) which gives you the William Shatners.....

Same thing then. Pain in the arse solution.

Hermit Crab
06-11-2016, 02:41 PM
I won't be underestimating them. They could easily turn us over 2 weeks on Friday if we are not on top of our game.

where'stheslope
06-11-2016, 03:30 PM
All we have to do is avoid our after Christmas form slump, its been a pain for years and is very costly!
Hope Lennon can put this right as we are out in front and need to stay there!!!!!

Enough said
06-11-2016, 03:49 PM
The message that I am getting from Arabs I know is that the realistic target is second and then take their chances in the play offs.

Be very surprised at that to be honest. I really can't imagine ray McKinnon taking the Utd job after speaking to dempster and saying "we will be happy with the play offs "

Thecat23
06-11-2016, 04:09 PM
Be very surprised at that to be honest. I really can't imagine ray McKinnon taking the Utd job after speaking to dempster and saying "we will be happy with the play offs "

They know we are firm favs and they know second is very much on the cards. They won't win it!

Enough said
06-11-2016, 04:21 PM
They know we are firm favs and they know second is very much on the cards. They won't win it!

I hope so mate

chasitup
06-11-2016, 04:36 PM

Outstanding work!

emerald green
06-11-2016, 06:37 PM
And IF Dundee United lose on Tuesday we will be three clear with a game in hand. It's all ifs and buts, we win our games, we get promoted, no need to worry about others.

If we keep winning mate it doesn't matter what DU do tbh so technically we don't need teams to start taking points off them. It was only a few weeks ago some were worried about QOS on here and look at them now. We have by far the strongest squad and this will see us through over the course of the season I think...

I agree. It's all ifs and buts. That wee word IF pops up yet again.

GreenLake
06-11-2016, 06:52 PM
I think the difference between us will widen after Cummings dinks a penalty over the Dundee United keeper in our next game.

greenlex
06-11-2016, 06:58 PM

:faf::faf:

California-Hibs
06-11-2016, 09:22 PM

This. Look at how poor QOTS are now and where they sit in the table. People were flapping big style when they were top for a week or 2

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-11-2016, 09:30 PM

Aside from getting relegated some really iffy things went on at Tannadice and a few ITK Arabs I know have said that they are happy to have a team to turn up and watch. Point is that McKinnon will get time to rebuild that team properly and coming second won't be seen as a failure.

resident_Arab
07-11-2016, 06:52 AM
Let's not forget that we started our first year as united started this year, we also went on a long unbeaten run, 1 defeat in 25 or something daft, however Hearts started quick and carried it on, whereas we had a 5 game blip to let united back in. They were also extremely poor at Easter road and I have no doubt we will pull away in the coming weeks.

We were understrength at Easter Road but very comfortable defensively outwith Hibs goal

We have improved since the start of the season as the late transfer signings have bedded in and got fitter, however we keep picking up injuries, especially on the plastic, 4 at Falkirk, another 2 yesterday

Still think Hibs experience of the last couple years will see you finish top, but more confident now we can atleast challenge than I was before, second though is important if finishing in the playoffs

lord bunberry
07-11-2016, 07:17 AM
I think we're pretty unlucky that the gap is only 3 points. 2 horrendous sending offs that were subsequently overturned have given Dundee Utd the chance to close the gap on us. They've hit a really good run of form since we played them and I expect both clubs to stretch away from the rest. If we continue to do as we are currently doing we will win the league.

Jim44
07-11-2016, 07:19 AM
Voltarol? Is that not a nostalgic harp back to their Lithuanian glory days? From what I saw on Sportscene, they're the ones who will have to strengthen in January to prevent a slide down the Premiership.

Steve20
07-11-2016, 07:30 AM

People on here also said we'd finish ahead of Rangers last season when we beat them 2-1 at Easter Road.

We should be out of sight by now but we're not and now McKinnon has settled in, they're in it for the long haul. It's too close to call between the sides.

Thecat23
07-11-2016, 08:02 AM
People on here also said we'd finish ahead of Rangers last season when we beat them 2-1 at Easter Road.

We should be out of sight by now but we're not and now McKinnon has settled in, they're in it for the long haul. It's too close to call between the sides.

How's it to close to call? We went through a horrible patch and are still top. We go on a run and we will be out of sight! You telling me Utd have a squad good enough to beat us to the title Steve?

Sorry but they are honking and it will show come the end of the season.

Edit.. We would be further away if we didn't have players sent off! Playing 10 men in 3 games doesn't help!

JDHibs
07-11-2016, 08:15 AM
We are 3 points clear even after a 5 game run without a win!

They are alot better defensively but are still conceding, there main issue will be goals. They only really have Murray as a recognized striker. Andreu is a very good player, too good for this level but their strength in depth isnt great, will tell later on in the season.

They will go through a poor run or 2, they will drop silly points, we seem to have momentum now and are beating teams easily. If we keep the consistancy level up, with our squad, we will pull away.

But end of the day, if we keep winning our games, doesnt matter what anybody else does. Win the next 3 and we are set up nicely!

Salt N Sauzee
07-11-2016, 08:29 AM

:rolleyes:

resident_Arab
07-11-2016, 08:30 AM
It's also a case of us not being upto speed early season,over the last 10 games we have taken more pts than anyone else

McKinnon inherited a broken "squad" and has signed 10 players, including 3 at the end of August who weren't match fit, we have had terrible injury problems to contend with too which affected the team gelling , all in all think we are doing well and are well ahead of schedule

For those being dismissive, while I think Hibs are definitely the favs, don't think there is that much in it quality wise now we have found our way and remember you haven't finished above Utd since 2006/07

hibbysam
07-11-2016, 08:53 AM
It's also a case of us not being upto speed early season,over the last 10 games we have taken more pts than anyone else

McKinnon inherited a broken "squad" and has signed 10 players, including 3 at the end of August who weren't match fit, we have had terrible injury problems to contend with too which affected the team gelling , all in all think we are doing well and are well ahead of schedule

For those being dismissive, while I think Hibs are definitely the favs, don't think there is that much in it quality wise now we have found our way and remember you haven't finished above Utd since 2006/07

Suppose you guys aren't forced to play half of games with 10 men, or play important games while missing two of your best players who just happen to get picked for their country!

You say you were comfortable in October other than the goal, however we struck the bar and Bell made a great save late on from Keatings. Hibs dominated the game without putting you away.

Other teams are just very fortunate that those sendings off have stopped us from being 7/9 points clear just now.

JimBHibees
07-11-2016, 09:43 AM

Trolling big time. We are ahead and will push on and beat them in a couple of weeks to cement our place.

Albanian Hibs
07-11-2016, 11:47 AM

Eh nah they havent

Bristolhibby
07-11-2016, 11:57 AM
I can't imagine that anybody at Hibs will be taking Dundee Utd's challenge lightly. If Hibs concentrate on winning their own games, we won't have to worry about Utd.

FWIW, I hope they keep challenging, as it keeps the league interesting. Although I still want Hibs to have sown up the title some time in April ;-)

p.s. for the OP. What's with the Username?

**** intresting. I want to be promoted in February! (Don't know if that is even possible, but that's what I want).

J

Since90+2
07-11-2016, 12:06 PM
Dundee Utd are absolutely tom kite. We will finish about 15 points ahead of them.

--------
07-11-2016, 12:28 PM
Agree with the OP, every chance Utd could win it. They were always going to be the main threat once McKinnon settled in. He's no miracle worker but he's more than a decent manager at that level. Whether they have the staying power is open to conjecture, but they are playing with confidence and on a good run.

We should be out of sight from them, but corrupt referring with those red cards cost us points. As poor as our form was a couple - at least another 5 points, maybe even of weeks back, we would have secured a bigger lead with 11-a-side.

My concern is, that with the smarting Hun referee factor, only being a little better than anybody else in that League will not win the flag. We have to be loads better.

Totally agree. With all things equal and fair, Hibs should be well ahead - maybe five points, possibly even seven more than we are right now. Bad decisions cost us points, and past experience suggests we could have the same problem later on in the season.

Our next three games are very, very important.

QMU-1875
07-11-2016, 12:31 PM
We are Hibs. **** Dundee United.

Hermit Crab
07-11-2016, 12:40 PM
Dundee Utd are absolutely tom kite. We will finish about 15 points ahead of them.

Complete rubbish.

Since90+2
07-11-2016, 12:45 PM
Complete rubbish.

Naw it's no.

Dundee Utd are utterly rank and we will be about 9 points clear by the turn of the year.

Craig_in_Prague
07-11-2016, 12:46 PM

Nice 1st post and name.
Do you have a pain in a specific local area?
I assume Hibs winning the SC, must have been a severe kick in the nuts ;)

Hermit Crab
07-11-2016, 12:48 PM
Naw it's no.

Dundee Utd are utterly rank and we will be about 9 points clear by the turn of the year.

Yet they hammered QOTS - something we failed to do. 4 different scorers as well. They are not rank and will not be 15 points behind us at the end of the season. I do admire your optimism though.

scoopyboy
07-11-2016, 12:50 PM
Naw it's no.

I hope you are right.

However it is worth noting that if they win their next three games the worst they can be is level on points with us.

tamig
07-11-2016, 12:51 PM
Yet they hammered QOTS - something we failed to do. 4 different scorers as well. They are not rank and will not be 15 points behind us at the end of the season. I do admire your optimism though.

QOTS have gone off the boil big time. They are losing to most teams they play at the moment. Far from a like for like comparison.

CallumLaidlaw
07-11-2016, 12:52 PM

That probably says more about QOTS in the last few games. Morton put 5 past them, and Ayr and Raith beat them.

hibbysam
07-11-2016, 12:53 PM
I hope you are right.

However it is worth noting that if they win their next three games the worst they can be is level on points with us.

Get where your coming from scoop, but again, turning it on its head, if we win our next 3, the worst we can be is 6 clear at the top. The pressure is all on them to keep winning else a gap will open up. There is huge pressure on them tomorrow night.

tamig
07-11-2016, 12:54 PM
I hope you are right.

By the same token if we win our next three we will be at least 6 ahead of them.

scoopyboy
07-11-2016, 12:55 PM
Get where your coming from scoop, but again, turning it on its head, if we win our next 3, the worst we can be is 6 clear at the top. The pressure is all on them to keep winning else a gap will open up. There is huge pressure on them tomorrow night.

Agreed.

scoopyboy
07-11-2016, 12:55 PM
By the same token if we win our next three we will be at least 6 ahead of them.

Agreed.

matty_f
07-11-2016, 01:12 PM
I thought United were abysmal at Easter Road, one of the worst sides I've seen for a while, and that's saying something. They couldn't believe their luck that they came away with a point.
Over the course of the season, I think our quality will see us finish above them. Certainly not a time to dismiss them altogether, they'll push but ultimately fall away, IMHO.

JDHibs
07-11-2016, 01:23 PM
They are that **** that they are unbeaten in 6, with 5 wins, they drew with us, and have beaten Morton, QOS & Falkirk in that time. Over the same period, we have 3 draws and 3 wins, with none of the teams we have beaten being in the top half of the table.

Be stupid to write them off.

Mikey
07-11-2016, 01:26 PM
Hibs are a better team now and will strengthen in January.

Keith_M
07-11-2016, 01:28 PM
.... however we keep picking up injuries, especially on the plastic, 4 at Falkirk, another 2 yesterday

Happened a lot to us in our first season after being relegated. I think plastic pitches are a big leveller and can often be dangerous.

Keith_M
07-11-2016, 01:30 PM
They are that **** that they are unbeaten in 6, with 5 wins, they drew with us, and have beaten Morton, QOS & Falkirk in that time. Over the same period, we have 3 draws and 3 wins, with none of the teams we have beaten being in the top half of the table.

Be stupid to write them off.

You can always make a point by selectively choosing a set of games but the fact is that both teams are now in good form, with Hibs being 3 points ahead.

We both seem to have survived a minor slump and it looks like it's going to be an interesting season ahead.

Oscar T Grouch
07-11-2016, 01:37 PM
We will win the league because we will be the most consistent than any other team in the league. Dundee U will finish second but probably a fair bit back from us. We have a stronger squad, we have the better players. Over 36 games Hibs will come out on top, even with the referees giving dodgy decisions against us. Our main rivals will drop points against each other, we will win more games than any other team in the league. Hibs will be very difficult to beat. It really is that simple :greengrin

allezsauzee
07-11-2016, 01:44 PM

A completely irrelevant stat given that you can't have too many of those players who finished above us left in your squad. 3 points behind is the closest that United will get to Hibs this season.

NAE NOOKIE
07-11-2016, 01:46 PM
We can take nothing for granted ..... It doesn't matter how much we can conjecture over Utd having a slump at some point, just because it happens it doesn't mean it will happen to Utd and we cant presume it will.

I was hoping that form slump or not QOTS would take at least a point off them at Palmerston, instead of that Utd hammered them. Its a result we would have been chuffed with because we all know what a hard away fixture it can be, no matter how poor QOTS are at the time. I cant believe there are folk on here writing off Dundee Utd already, have we learned nothing from the last two seasons?

But at the end of the day its all about what Hibs do ..... keep winning and we will be fine.

patlowe
07-11-2016, 02:17 PM
A completely irrelevant stat given that you can't have too many of those players who finished above us left in your squad. 3 points behind is the closest that United will get to Hibs this season.

Given they have Dunfermline at home tomorrow night I'd say they will be closer than 3 pts within the next 48hrs :wink:

Albanian Hibs
07-11-2016, 02:42 PM
Given they have Dunfermline at home tomorrow night I'd say they will be closer than 3 pts within the next 48hrs :wink:

Not if they get beat

jacomo
07-11-2016, 02:48 PM

Cammy Bell would never make it at Hibs and Flood is well past his best. We really need to have faith in our own quality.

jacomo
07-11-2016, 02:52 PM

Got nothing against you guys and wish you well. But I don't think your squad is comparable to ours, sorry. Digging out results every week during the winter will win this league, and we've got more squad depth.

Dashing Bob S
07-11-2016, 03:03 PM

This is a decent assessment. McKinnon is a good manager and knows the championship, and I think he's got United performing again, and well ahead of schedule. Most Arabs I've talked to this season anticipated this run of results and performances happening after Christmas.

I anticipate that both clubs will have wobbles but slug it out to the finishing line.

In spite of our bad form dip, we really did suffer at the hands of refs following the cup win against the Huns. It's very obvious when you watch our games and three rescinded reds meant we were effectively cheated out of anything between 5-7 points, playing the bulk of those games with 10 men.

I think the best is let to come from Hibs, who have a decent squad for the Championship. i worry about the refs at the business end of the season. If we are still close, they could prove a big advantage to United.

Ozyhibby
07-11-2016, 03:04 PM
Cammy Bell would never make it at Hibs and Flood is well past his best. We really need to have faith in our own quality.

Still not seen enough of Rocky yet but we have had a lot worse keepers than Bell in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CallumLaidlaw
07-11-2016, 03:09 PM

I actually agree with most of your post as its very reminiscent of us 2 seasons ago. But I don't understand the point you're making at the end. We hadn't won the scottish cup in 114 years but we did. You hadnt been relegated since 1995. But you just did.

jacomo
07-11-2016, 04:04 PM
Still not seen enough of Rocky yet but we have had a lot worse keepers than Bell in the past.

True! I think Cammy Bell is fine, but I don't think he's great and I don't think he'd have been seen as an underwhelming signing.

Rocky probably benefits from being an unknown quantity before he came to us.

resident_Arab
07-11-2016, 06:30 PM
QOTS have gone off the boil big time. They are losing to most teams they play at the moment. Far from a like for like comparison.

Going by Queen's fans postings, we were the best side they had faced this season and our fans made the most noise they've heard in ages at palmerston, time will tell, could be interesting though, saying that, it would be very Utd to drop pts at home to Dunfermline tomorrow

Random Queen's fan #1

That was the best team by far I have seen us up against this season( league ) and we were second best in all departments . At least their victory was that convincing that I wasn't torturing myself in thinking about what might have been when reflecting about the game. Back to United again and they were relentless, playing at a pace that our team was simply not comfortable with . It's a straight fight between them and Hibs for the title and wouldn't like to guess either way.

Random Queen's fan #2

Dundee united were at it today top notch. And the support was the noisiest at palmerston for a good while. As for us we need to hope we can turn this around and fast before we fall even further down the table.

Random Queen's fan #3

What was the size of the away support on Saturday? Certainly the noisiest at Palmerston in a good while.

resident_Arab
07-11-2016, 06:35 PM
This is a decent assessment. McKinnon is a good manager and knows the championship, and I think he's got United performing again, and well ahead of schedule. Most Arabs I've talked to this season anticipated this run of results and performances happening after Christmas.

I anticipate that both clubs will have wobbles but slug it out to the finishing line.

In spite of our bad form dip, we really did suffer at the hands of refs following the cup win against the Huns. It's very obvious when you watch our games and three rescinded reds meant we were effectively cheated out of anything between 5-7 points, playing the bulk of those games with 10 men.

I think the best is let to come from Hibs, who have a decent squad for the Championship. i worry about the refs at the business end of the season. If we are still close, they could prove a big advantage to United.

The refs are terrible in this division, Craig Charleston and his linesman were the worst bunch I've ever came across in our recent win over Dumbarton and that's saying something, pure incompetence

resident_Arab
07-11-2016, 06:36 PM
I actually agree with most of your post as its very reminiscent of us 2 seasons ago. But I don't understand the point you're making at the end. We hadn't won the scottish cup in 114 years but we did. You hadnt been relegated since 1995. But you just did.

I've said I think Hibs are favs to finish top, but with the dismissive tone by a few hibees in this thread I thought I'd throw it in there ;p

Earlydelivery
07-11-2016, 06:43 PM
Wait till we come up to your patch , it'll be big and noisy .

resident_Arab
07-11-2016, 07:20 PM
Wait till we come up to your patch , it'll be big and noisy .

We'll be up for it so it'll be a good atmosphere from both sets of fans

matty_f
07-11-2016, 07:31 PM
Going by Queen's fans postings, we were the best side they had faced this season and our fans made the most noise they've heard in ages at palmerston, time will tell, could be interesting though, saying that, it would be very Utd to drop pts at home to Dunfermline tomorrow

Random Queen's fan #1

Random Queen's fan #2

Random Queen's fan #3
Funny because they were quiet as **** at Easter Road.

matty_f
07-11-2016, 07:31 PM

And at Hampden, for that matter.

Dashing Bob S
07-11-2016, 07:34 PM
I've said I think Hibs are favs to finish top, but with the dismissive tone by a few hibees in this thread I thought I'd throw it in there ;p

We're all still a little intoxicated from May.

Earlydelivery
07-11-2016, 08:06 PM
We'll be up for it so it'll be a good atmosphere from both sets of fans
How many Utd fans are you expecting for the game .

Pete
07-11-2016, 08:36 PM
Conrad Logan.

resident_Arab
07-11-2016, 08:47 PM

Sure were, said at the time both sets of fans were sleeping, daft kick off time on a daft day for it on tv, never been in a quieter away support, Friday night is better than Sunday dinner time atleast

As for the comment below, neither were loud at Hampden this year apart from the odd burst, considering the support you had it was poor, apart from at the end after the shootout

I recall 6k Utd fans making a lot more noise than 22k Hibs at the 2005 semi final! Better ending than this years ;p, but we wouldn't have beaten sevco in the state we were so it worked out well and glad you did it, I celebrated your winner :d

resident_Arab
07-11-2016, 08:50 PM
How many Utd fans are you expecting for the game .

I'd imagine we'll get our biggest home turnout, if hibs fill the 3600 allocation then it'll definitely be a five figure attendance

Danderhall Hibs
07-11-2016, 08:58 PM
I'd imagine we'll get our biggest home turnout, if hibs fill the 3600 allocation then it'll definitely be a five figure attendance

So about 6500 then?

3pm
07-11-2016, 09:03 PM
So about 6500 then?

:hilarious

Wee Effen Bee
07-11-2016, 09:10 PM

I think you have to have been keeping up with Hibs.net over the past 9 months or so Arab and get a feel for the true context. :greengrin We did have regular 'Bedwetter' v 'Happy Clapper' debates but since we actually won the cup, the site has been a lot more decisive at times and some posts do promote the 'half-full' viewpoint. Rightly in my opinion due to our recent performances - what have we got to lose?:aok:

hfc rd
07-11-2016, 09:10 PM
I reckon we will end up winning this league comfortably but can see Dundee Utd joining us in the Premiership next season as well via the play-offs.

Also a question for resident_Arab, would you rather win the championship title or beat Dundee in the play-off final to send them down?

Brooster
07-11-2016, 09:11 PM
Dont encourage this arab.

Big L
07-11-2016, 09:24 PM
If Dun Utd win 2moro nite, which I expect them to do, but hope they don't, they will have won 5 and drawn one ( against us ) of the last six games . We should be 8 maybe 10 points ahead at this time and would have been if not for the poor refereeing, the fact is we are not and I believe the difference will be the head to heads with them, it could be that tight IMO. They have brought thru a handful of young players and brought in some good players in Andreu and Bell and they are not to be underestimated!

resident_Arab
07-11-2016, 09:27 PM
This could change but as it stands we haven't lost at home since April and Hibs haven't lost away in the league since April, while it won't decide anything it should be a good game next month

So about 6500 then?

Well that's been our most so far against Raith and Falkirk, so would hope for 7-8k home fans for this

And Hibs talking about anyones crowds is rich, I wouldn't go there, you are getting very good gates in recent times but have had some poor averages aswell when things haven't gone so well over the years

resident_Arab
07-11-2016, 09:31 PM
I reckon we will end up winning this league comfortably but can see Dundee Utd joining us in the Premiership next season as well via the play-offs.

Also a question for resident_Arab, would you rather win the championship title or beat Dundee in the play-off final to send them down?

I'd want us to win the league, we've already beat them in a major final on their own ground and won the premier division on the final day at their ground, they'll never top that, would fancy us though in that circumstance if it came to it, we are much better than we were last season

matty_f
07-11-2016, 09:47 PM
So about 6500 then?

:faf:

FranckSuzy
07-11-2016, 09:49 PM

That's the brand; the non-proprietary (medicine) name is Diclofenac :wink:

hibees 7062
07-11-2016, 09:58 PM
The only team that'll beat Hibs for the league this season are Hibs :agree:

IWasThere2016
07-11-2016, 10:14 PM
Are we really expecting 3,600 to attend on a Friday night with the game on the box??

B.H.F.C
07-11-2016, 10:36 PM
Are we really expecting 3,600 to attend on a Friday night with the game on the box??

Dont think we will quite have that but depending on results over the next couple of weeks we might not be too far away. I remember us taking a big crowd through to Motherwell on a Friday night a few years back.

Dashing Bob S
08-11-2016, 01:47 AM

Easily if it was a Saturday game. Half that for a Friday night on the TV.

Pete
08-11-2016, 08:04 AM
Listen to it, eh?

6k of them outsang 22k of us...Aye right then, maybe after you equalised but I didn't even know you were there until that. What's your excuse for only taking 6k (which is an extremely generous total) to a Scottish Cup semi?

We can't go on about crowds because of our low total? No offence but if you'd been mismanaged from the top the way we have in the last ten years your ground would be empty. We've finished behind lots of tin pot clubs in the last ten years and here we are...14.5k. You guys might be on a similar path so let's see where you end up and how your crowds hold up.

It's also quite funny how you look down at Dundee, a club that's won a similar amount of major trophies. It's a similar mindset to one that Aberdeen fans have: you were ok in the eighties and as a result have this bloated opinion of yourselves when the reality is, apart from that small period you've been totally insignificant.

Good luck in the play-offs.

Zazu62
08-11-2016, 08:26 AM
Well there squad will be getting tested now because Paul Dixon has just been ruled out with knee ligament damage

Albanian Hibs
08-11-2016, 08:34 AM
So about 6500 then?

😂😂😂 what a *****y home support

Waxy
08-11-2016, 09:15 AM

All this and we're still 3points clear.Must have an even better title chance ourselves then.

resident_Arab
08-11-2016, 10:05 AM
Listen to it, eh?

6k of them outsang 22k of us...Aye right then, maybe after you equalised but I didn't even know you were there until that. What's your excuse for only taking 6k (which is an extremely generous total) to a Scottish Cup semi?

We can't go on about crowds because of our low total? No offence but if you'd been mismanaged from the top the way we have in the last ten years your ground would be empty. We've finished behind lots of tin pot clubs in the last ten years and here we are...14.5k. You guys might be on a similar path so let's see where you end up and how your crowds hold up.

It's also quite funny how you look down at Dundee, a club that's won a similar amount of major trophies. It's a similar mindset to one that Aberdeen fans have: you were ok in the eighties and as a result have this bloated opinion of yourselves when the reality is, apart from that small period you've been totally insignificant.

Good luck in the play-offs.

2005 was widely discussed on here at the time and acknowledged young whipper snapper

I look down on Dundee as they have been utterly embarrassingly pathetic for a city club for 40+ years now, they are a joke but that's another debate

You're getting good crowds, it's been impressive, certainly aided by the feel good factor of May, our crowds on the otherhand are excellent after a terrible two years, relegation and being mismanaged like you wouldn't believe, they haven't decreased at all home or away, it's very impressive, we are by a distance the best supported club outwith the Glasgow bigots,Sheep and Edinburgh clubs

We also have the most consistent home support in the country (certainly among the top 15-20 sized clubs) in the last few decades, having never averaged lower than 7100 in that time, compared to some other clubs like yourselves and Hearts who averaged as low as 4-5k in that period, and even when you lot averaged into four figures it's very poor going for an Edinburgh club tbh, now getting crowds more like it.

resident_Arab
08-11-2016, 10:14 AM
Well there squad will be getting tested now because Paul Dixon has just been ruled out with knee ligament damage

Story of the season, have had various players out for extended periods, Flood(missed weeks including easter rd), Dixon (earlier in season),Toshney(just returning after the injury at Easter rd), Murdoch (been out for a couple months but back running),Bell had an op but only missed two games thankfully, Robson and Spittal were both out too

Have a decent replacement for Dixon in young Jamie Robson though, he is better going forward but it breaks the continuity of the back four that's started to look fairly solid (by our standards!)

scoopyboy
08-11-2016, 10:30 AM
2005 was widely discussed on here at the time and acknowledged young whipper snapper

I look down on Dundee as they have been utterly embarrassingly pathetic for a city club for 40+ years now, they are a joke but that's another debate

You're getting good crowds, it's been impressive, certainly aided by the feel good factor of May, our crowds on the otherhand are excellent after a terrible two years, relegation and being mismanaged like you wouldn't believe, they haven't decreased at all home or away, it's very impressive, we are by a distance the best supported club outwith the Glasgow bigots,Sheep and Edinburgh clubs

We also have the most consistent home support in the country (certainly among the top 15-20 sized clubs) in the last few decades, having never averaged lower than 7100 in that time, compared to some other clubs like yourselves and Hearts who averaged as low as 4-5k in that period, and even when you lot averaged into four figures it's very poor going for an Edinburgh club tbh, now getting crowds more like it.

Simply nah.

Hibs and Hearts have never averaged as low as that.

Enjoying your posts though so keep going.

Albanian Hibs
08-11-2016, 10:40 AM

Can you provide proof of this please? When did us and hertz average 4-5k?

Since90+2
08-11-2016, 10:42 AM
Hibs have never in the clubs history averaged 4k a week. Utter nonsense.

JDHibs
08-11-2016, 10:46 AM
http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/club_records_league_attendance.php

Averaged 4500 in the 1980/81 season...35/36 years ago. Part from that, a few sporadic 7000 odds but certainly in the past 20 years its been 9000+ peaking around 14500 in 2007 and just above that this season...

Cant find any details of the Dundee Utd average attendances over the same period after a quick search.

Ozymandias
08-11-2016, 10:58 AM
Can you provide proof of this please? When did us and hertz average 4-5k?

Sadly, we did dip once to this in 1980-81 - 4,460. Source: http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/club_records_league_attendance.php

When you look like at their figures, they are on average lower but have much less variation. No idea what this tells anyone, but them the facts...
(http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/club_records_league_attendance.php)

Ozymandias
08-11-2016, 11:00 AM
http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/club_records_league_attendance.php

Averaged 4500 in the 1980/81 season...35/36 years ago. Part from that, a few sporadic 7000 odds but certainly in the past 20 years its been 9000+ peaking around 14500 in 2007 and just above that this season...

Cant find any details of the Dundee Utd average attendances over the same period after a quick search.

http://www.fitbastats.com/dundeeutd/club_records_league_attendance.php

R'Albin
08-11-2016, 11:12 AM

Interesting that the average attendance of the team with the most consistent home support in the country dropped by 3.5k because things weren't going well for them last season.

JDHibs
08-11-2016, 11:21 AM
Dundee Utd wouldnt come up for me on Fitbastats lol!

Not a bad support by any means for them.

RoxburghHibs
08-11-2016, 11:46 AM
Dundee Utd wouldnt come up for me on Fitbastats lol!

Not a bad support by any means for them.

Their "HOME" attendances are boosted as they allow the Old Firm half their stadium at these games.

JimBHibees
08-11-2016, 11:52 AM
Sadly, we did dip once to this in 1980-81 - 4,460. Source: http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/club_records_league_attendance.php

When you look like at their figures, they are on average lower but have much less variation. No idea what this tells anyone, but them the facts...
(http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/club_records_league_attendance.php)

The famous Bertie Auld years we were absolutely torture to watch.

JimBHibees
08-11-2016, 11:53 AM
Simply nah.

Hibs and Hearts have never averaged as low as that.

Enjoying your posts though so keep going.

When Bertie Auld was treating us to his Brazilian swashbuckling brand of football. :greengrin

Ringothedog
08-11-2016, 01:44 PM

we were in the first division that season:boo hoo:

KeithTheHibby
08-11-2016, 01:59 PM
I think Dunfermline will take points off them this evening.

Earlydelivery
08-11-2016, 02:00 PM
Do you know that hibs have more season ticket holders than both Dundee clubs combined . Not bad for years of rubbish .

Ozyhibby
08-11-2016, 02:18 PM
https://thebackpassrule.wordpress.com/2016/11/08/conversion-rates-in-the-spfl-championship-the-finishing-fairy-cant-find-dunfermline-on-a-map/

Decent stats analysis of both teams here.

jacomo
08-11-2016, 02:19 PM
Their "HOME" attendances are boosted as they allow the Old Firm half their stadium at these games.

Quite. And I remember games at Tannadice when Hibs have been given half the stadium too - a 4-2 victory in 2004 or 2005 comes to mind.

Those average attendance stats don't mean much when they rely so heavily on away fans to boost the numbers!

resident_Arab
08-11-2016, 02:26 PM
Interesting that the average attendance of the team with the most consistent home support in the country dropped by 3.5k because things weren't going well for them last season.

Eh? That's never happened, I'm just stating facts, nothing I've posted is anything but truth, I'm not into making stuff up

That site above isn't very accurate

Our crowds haven't fluctuated much and we have had some horrendous seasons like virtually all of 1998-2006 with the fewest home league wins in the country over that time save for maybe East Stirlingshire , a couple five figure averages apart in 1983 (11300) and 1989 (12830), we have generally been about the 8-9k average mark, with 7100 being the lowest, or last second tier average in 1995 was 7200

Very consistent and loyal, an example being Dundee went as low as 2800 in the late nineties, Celtic and Rangers right down to 15-18k in the eighties

There is a book called 'roar of the crowd' that gives all Scottish teams averages from every season going right back to the 1890's, I've got a copy so easy to reference

resident_Arab
08-11-2016, 02:33 PM
Quite. And I remember games at Tannadice when Hibs have been given half the stadium too - a 4-2 victory in 2004 or 2005 comes to mind.

Those average attendance stats don't mean much when they rely so heavily on away fans to boost the numbers!

We don't, for a start the two home ends at Tannadice have always held 9000, we also now have half the Jerry Kerr taking that upto 10k for home fans, the capacity is now just under 14k

Half a stadium doesn't equate to half the capacity, only once have Hibs taken a really large impressive away support, that was the 4-1 win for you with 4000 Hibs fans there, Hearts brought one similar when they started the season well under burley, that's the only really huge supports either Edinburgh side has brought

The most away fans get now is 3600(90% of teams get half that and bring a few hundred at most) but no one fills it these dats apart from Dundee a couple times, Aberdeen on occasion and Celtic

Mr White
08-11-2016, 02:35 PM
Eh? That's never happened, I'm just stating facts, nothing I've posted is anything but truth, I'm not into making stuff up

Our crowds haven't fluctuated much and we have had some horrendous seasons like virtually all of 1998-2006 with the fewest home league wins in the country over that time save for maybe East Stirlingshire , a couple five figure averages apart in 1983 (11300) and 1989 (12830), we have generally been about the 8-9k average mark, with 7100 being the lowest, or last second tier average in 1995 was 7200

Very consistent and loyal, an example being Dundee went as low as 2800 in the late nineties, Celtic and Rangers right down to 15-18k in the eighties

There is a book called 'roar of the crowd' that gives all Scottish teams averages from every season going right back to the 1890's, I've got a copy so easy to reference

You could make a jambo blush with your obsession with attendance figures :greengrin

Earlydelivery
08-11-2016, 02:40 PM
We don't, for a start the two home ends at Tannadice have always held 9000, we also now have half the Jerry Kerr taking that upto 10k for home fans, the capacity is now just under 14k

Half a stadium doesn't equate to half the capacity, only once have Hibs taken a really large impressive away support, that was the 4-1 win for you with 4000 Hibs fans there, Hearts brought one similar when they started the season well under burley, that's the only really huge supports either Edinburgh side has brought

The most away fans get more or 3600(90% of teams get half that and bring a few hundred at most) but no one fills it these dats apart from Dundee a couple times, Aberdeen on occasion and Celtic A remember a Scottish cup tie ,when Darren Jackson scored for you .i can assure you there was more than 4K hibs fans at that game . Can honestly say I've never ever seen a huge Utd support at ER . And that includes your title winning year .

resident_Arab
08-11-2016, 02:40 PM
You could make a jambo blush with your obsession with attendance figures :greengrin

Haha

I don't think I brought up attendances initially :greengrin

Wasn't intending to get drawn into crowd chat

I hope we can maintain our form in next couple league games before our game as it could be a cracker and a good atmosphere with a big way support

andrew70
08-11-2016, 02:41 PM

The most away fans get now is 3600(90% of teams get half that and bring a few hundred at most) but no one fills it these dats apart from Dundee a couple times, Aberdeen on occasion and Celtic

Think you've conveniently forgotten a few games here but I'll start with the Scottish Cup tie and Brebners hat-trick. Massive Hibs support that day.

resident_Arab
08-11-2016, 02:48 PM
A remember a Scottish cup tie ,when Darren Jackson scored for you .i can assure you there was more than 4K hibs fans at that game . Can honestly say I've never ever seen a huge Utd support at ER . And that includes your title winning year .

Since Tannadice became all seated say mid nineties onwards,only the 4-1 game around 2004

We have taken 2100 and 2200 to easter rd in the league cup the last two years, that's pretty big, can imagine a Scottish Cup tie on a Saturday we'd take much more

Motherwell away midweek in Scottish Cup 2011 we took 3500 down, seems to bring the best out in us, couple thousand to both Inverness and Dingwall the last couple years

In our 94 cup winning year we had 5000 at arbroath, 4000 at Airdrie and 5-6k down at Motherwell (again midweek)

As for league, couple years ago 3000 to Partick on a Friday night, have taken 2000 to both Aberdeen and Tynecastle in recent years, 2000 to Dunfermline in Sept

These are bigger numbers than most clubs would manage outwith the obvious

resident_Arab
08-11-2016, 02:53 PM
Think you've conveniently forgotten a few games here but I'll start with the Scottish Cup tie and Brebners hat-trick. Massive Hibs support that day.

Wasn't at that, one of the few I've missed, was abroad but looking at the total attendance, it was just under 9k, so probably 2-3k away fans

We'd take that to easter rd for Scottish Cup on a Saturday easily, don't think we've faced you in a Scottish Cup tie at Easter rd since I've been going

Brooster
08-11-2016, 02:53 PM
Since Tannadice became all seated say mid nineties onwards,only the 4-1 game around 2004

We have taken 2100 and 2200 to easter rd in the league cup the last two years, that's pretty big, can imagine a Scottish Cup tie on a Saturday we'd take much more

Motherwell away midweek in Scottish Cup 2011 we took 3500 down, seems to bring the best out in us, couple thousand to both Inverness and Dingwall the last couple years

In our 94 cup winning year we had 5000 at arbroath, 4000 at Airdrie and 5-6k down at Motherwell (again midweek)

As for league, couple years ago 3000 to Partick on a Friday night, have taken 2000 to both Aberdeen and Tynecastle in recent years, 2000 to Dunfermline in Sept

These are bigger numbers than most clubs would manage outwith the obvious

Stop boring people.

resident_Arab
08-11-2016, 02:54 PM
Stop boring people.

I like your name

Peevemor
08-11-2016, 02:54 PM
In 1982 a SC 3rd round tie against Utd went to 2 replays (1-1 Tannadice then 1-1 ER). United won the 2nd replay at ER 3-0. The crowd was 13-14k and that was by far the biggest Utd support that I've seen at ER - probably about 4k.

Earlydelivery
08-11-2016, 02:55 PM

These are bigger numbers than most clubs would manage outwith the obvious5/6k down at Motherwell midweek . Honestly

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 03:00 PM

Agree, the boys in full slaver mode, I can remember at leat 3 games where I'vebeen in that shed end. The brebner game being one of them.

Steve20
08-11-2016, 03:00 PM
Wasn't at that, one of the few I've missed, was abroad but looking at the total attendance, it was just under 9k, so probably 2-3k away fans

We'd take that to easter rd for Scottish Cup on a Saturday easily, don't think we've faced you in a Scottish Cup tie at Easter rd since I've been going

It was nearer to 4k easily that day.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 03:04 PM
A 0-1win for Hibs too I think as well. Wee crunchy scored for us and we filled the usual bit plus the shed and even had fans in the overspill section in the corner.

1875STEVE
08-11-2016, 03:07 PM
Having see Utd first hand, they are poor.

I still think they will fall away again, and it'l be Falkirk or Raith who are closer.

One of my mates is Dunfermline ST holder, the other is an Ayr fan, both have said Hibs are far better, (in the games when they have seen both, than Utd),

You look through Utd's squad, and there isnt many, if any, get in our side imo.

Salt N Sauzee
08-11-2016, 03:08 PM
Having see Utd first hand, they are poor.

I still think they will fall away again, and it'l be Falkirk or Raith who are closer.

One of my mates is Dunfermline ST holder, the other is an Ayr fan, both have said Hibs are far better, (in the games when they have seen both, than Utd),

You look through Utd's squad, and there isnt many, if any, get in our side imo.

Spot on mate. No idea how they've managed to get within 3 points of us, they're awful.

1875STEVE
08-11-2016, 03:13 PM
Spot on mate. No idea how they've managed to get within 3 points of us, they're awful.

:aok:

We had a poor run there, and they still didn't get above us.

scoopyboy
08-11-2016, 03:15 PM
Agree, the boys in full slaver mode, I can remember at leat 3 games where I'vebeen in that shed end. The brebner game being one of them.

A game I was at in the shed that springs to mind was a game up there when we beat them 1-0 and we were singing Happy Birthday to Franck Sauzee.

Another time was after we beat Hearts on 2nd January under Butcher we went to Tannadice and drew 2-2 with Liam Craig scoring both our goals in our next game.

Been behind the goals quite a bit at Tannadice.

Salt N Sauzee
08-11-2016, 03:16 PM
:aok:

We had a poor run there, and they still didn't get above us.

Yep. Looking forward to playing them 2nd December.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 03:17 PM
A game I was at in the shed that springs to mind was a game up there when we beat them 1-0 and we were singing Happy Birthday to Franck Sauzee.

Another time was after we beat Hearts on 2nd January under Butcher we went to Tannadice and drew 2-2 with Liam Craig scoring both our goals in our next game.

Benn behind the goals quite a bit at Tannadice.

Aye, thats when we let a 2 goal lead slip in the last 5 minutes.

HibbyAndy
08-11-2016, 03:20 PM

Ruled out for how long ?

resident_Arab
08-11-2016, 03:21 PM
5/6k down at Motherwell midweek . Honestly

Yes, if gods my witness, was a midweek 4th rd replay after a 2-2 draw at Tannadice

Motherwell fans there would back that up, have talked to a few about it and they have said that to me about our support, the crowd was 13k

Only footage I can find is here which shows the goals from both games at the start

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4rdwc_dundee-united-cup-winners-1994_sport

resident_Arab
08-11-2016, 03:22 PM

The shed holds 2100, you'll get that in a couple weeks and the fairplay (1500)

resident_Arab
08-11-2016, 03:23 PM

That was a couple thousand that day, we stole a late point

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 03:23 PM
The shed holds 2100, you'll get that in a couple weeks and the fairplay (1500)

I know, we will get 3600, Probably won't sell them all though. TV has made sure of that.

CallumLaidlaw
08-11-2016, 03:27 PM
Aye, thats when we let a 2 goal lead slip in the last 5 minutes.

Aye. We actually played well that day. It had come on the back of a Derby win at ER and a 3-0 win against Killie at ER. We crused the game against Utd that day, but every single player just visibly tired with about 15 minutes - lost the 2-0 lead and our season appeared to go downhill from that point onwards. Goodness knows what Butcher said to them after that game.

1875STEVE
08-11-2016, 03:29 PM

Average from 99/00 onwards

1999/00 Hibs - 11,870 UTD 8,186
2000/01 Hibs - 10,792 UTD 7,829
01/02 Hibs - 11,587 UTD 8,007
02/03 Hibs - 10,157 UTD 7,665
03/04 Hibs - 9,137 UTD 7,785
04/05 Hibs - 12,541 UTD 8,210
05/06 Hibs - 13,816 UTD 8,197
06/07 Hibs - 14,587 UTD 7,147
07/08 Hibs - 13,840 UTD 8,530
08/09 Hibs - 12,684 UTD 8,654

Well there's a decade for you, im running out of time on my break at work, will i keep going???

4-5k my arse.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 03:29 PM
Aye. We actually played well that day. It had come on the back of a Derby win at ER and a 3-0 win against Killie at ER. We crused the game against Utd that day, but every single player just visibly tired with about 15 minutes - lost the 2-0 lead and our season appeared to go downhill from that point onwards. Goodness knows what Butcher said to them after that game.

I think utd will beat us up there, I think the league tittle could come down to games vs them.

Mikey
08-11-2016, 03:36 PM
I think utd will beat us up there

Wouldn't expect anything else.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 03:37 PM
Wouldn't expect anything else.

Why's that then?

Danderhall Hibs
08-11-2016, 03:40 PM
That was a couple thousand that day, we stole a late point

That was the turning point for us - if we had win the game we'd have been looking to push on for 3rd or 4th place, instead we ended up in the playoffs.

Mr White
08-11-2016, 03:44 PM
Why's that then?

No offence intended HC but if your post there had been put up anonymously and we had to guess who had made it, I suspect quite a few people would picked you as the author. I know I would have :greengrin

R'Albin
08-11-2016, 03:44 PM

I don't see why that site would be inaccurate?

Earlydelivery
08-11-2016, 03:49 PM
Yes, if gods my witness, was a midweek 4th rd replay after a 2-2 draw at Tannadice

Motherwell fans there would back that up, have talked to a few about it and they have said that to me about our support, the crowd was 13k

Only footage I can find is here which shows the goals from both games at the start

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4rdwc_dundee-united-cup-winners-1994_sport
Seems a bit strange , when u only carry bout 6k to a national semi,on a Saturday

Aldo
08-11-2016, 03:52 PM
I think utd will beat us up there, I think the league tittle could come down to games vs them.

I don't and don't think it will go down to games against them. If we can match the 1 loss in 25 games as we did last year we will be more than five.

Baring maybe the lad Andreu and maybe Murray I would suggest that none of their players would be regular starters for us whilst I would suggest the majority of our starting 11 would be in the starting line up most weeks.

Won't be easy but a few injuries and suspensions for Utd will see them struggle IMHO.

JimBHibees
08-11-2016, 04:03 PM

Yep was in the shed that game. Tam McManus scored late on and jumped into the crowd.

Keith_M
08-11-2016, 04:30 PM
Yep was in the shed that game. Tam McManus scored late on and jumped into the crowd.

Wasn't that the 'pole dance' game?

Marco G
08-11-2016, 04:53 PM
Think Lennon will have learned a lot from the game at ER. We will cash in on their lack of pace and skin them at Tannadice when they will be more attacking minded. I felt we played quite poorly against them but still should have won by a couple.

Big L
08-11-2016, 05:06 PM
That's Dixon DU's FB out till next year with cruciate ligament trouble.

superfurryhibby
08-11-2016, 05:12 PM
Think Lennon will have learned a lot from the game at ER. We will cash in on their lack of pace and skin them at Tannadice when they will be more attacking minded. I felt we played quite poorly against them but still should have won by a couple.

We were pish that day, they were so bad they couldn't capitalise. Both teams have found better form since, but ultimately we have superior players in nearly all positions. Hibernian will prevail.

emerald green
08-11-2016, 07:01 PM
Hope the Pars can take something from their game tonight (although I don't think they will unfortunately, but you never know).

There's no doubt in my mind that DU are going to be Hibs main challengers for promotion.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 07:16 PM
Hope the Pars can take something from their game tonight (although I don't think they will unfortunately, but you never know).

There's no doubt in my mind that DU are going to be Hibs main challengers for promotion.

That would be nice but dunfermline are poor, utd should win by a couple.

emerald green
08-11-2016, 07:20 PM
That would be nice but dunfermline are poor, utd should win by a couple.

I think you're probably correct HC. Fingers crossed we're both wrong though!

EH54
08-11-2016, 07:33 PM
Is the game on TV tonight?

Waxy
08-11-2016, 07:38 PM
Dundee utd are not that good they wont get the odd unexpected defeat.

HibbyKeith
08-11-2016, 07:39 PM
Is the game on TV tonight?

Unfortunately not.

This site is worth saving though if you don't have it already. :wink:

http://www.live-footballontv.com/

EH54
08-11-2016, 07:43 PM
Unfortunately not.

Cheers for that 👍

Steve20
08-11-2016, 07:59 PM

As will we though. They'll be joint top by the end of the night so we need to beat Falkirk as Utd are just as likely to finish top as we will. That's how close it'll be, IMO.

northstandhibby
08-11-2016, 08:00 PM

Spot on.

Granted they've hit a decent bit of form but like we did a few weeks a ago they will have a dip in form and leak a few points here and there. Not saying we're going to skoosh it but I fancy us to win this league now the referees seem to have laid off a bit.

givescotlandfreedom
08-11-2016, 08:15 PM
Dundee United were very poor at ER. I had a couple of German neutrals at the game who thought we were streets ahead of them but didn't take our chances. That's the way I see it too.

cabbageandribs1875
08-11-2016, 09:10 PM
att: 5,996 pretty poor

Albanian Hibs
08-11-2016, 09:15 PM
Unfortunately not.

Never knew our game in january against them is on the fri night in alba? Might be able to catch it when i am in albania that week

hibbysam
08-11-2016, 09:16 PM

Surely no??? They tell me they're very loyal as well.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 09:16 PM

No wonder at £22 and £12. Us and utd are the most expensive in the league and its a cold Tuesday night.

hibbysam
08-11-2016, 09:17 PM
No wonder at £22 and £12. Us and utd are the most expensive in the league and its a cold Tuesday night.

We're also the best two in the league. Also the two biggest wage budgets which need funding. Presumably the two biggest police and stewarding bills as well.

Albanian Hibs
08-11-2016, 09:17 PM

😂

macca70
08-11-2016, 09:19 PM
Pars had a man sent off after 39 mins

macca70
08-11-2016, 09:20 PM

Is that a 5 figure attendance? 😂

Aye but the atmosphere is electric

Hermit Crab
We're also the best two in the league. Also the two biggest wage budgets which need funding. Presumably the two biggest police and stewarding bills as well.

That doesn't justify SPL prices imo. We could have lowered the prices on the back of the cup win.

3pm
08-11-2016, 09:21 PM
That doesn't justify SPL prices imo. We could have lowered the prices on the back of the cup win.

Behave yourself.

MWHIBBIES
08-11-2016, 09:22 PM
That doesn't justify SPL prices imo. We could have lowered the prices on the back of the cup win.Why would we change a strategy that won us the Scottish cup? The fans putting money in resulted in us signing players good enough to win that bloody thing. The prices are fine IMO

08-11-2016, 09:22 PM

Imagine you'd be the first to whinge about the team not being good enough due to the lower budget.

Borderhibbie76
08-11-2016, 09:24 PM
Do u ever have anything positive to say
..constant negativity in your world mate

PatHead
08-11-2016, 09:25 PM
1 0 Dundee Utd

hibbysam
08-11-2016, 09:26 PM

So we should just run at an even bigger loss?? Unbelievable. Let's just sell Cummings and McGinn and play in front of 300 again, as long as the prices are cheap though.

tamig
08-11-2016, 09:28 PM

What nonsense. We've been operating with SPL budgets since we went down and only got back into profit off the back of two magnificent cup runs last season. Cutting prices would be suicidal. Jeez.

Hermit Crab
08-11-2016, 09:30 PM
Do u ever have anything positive to say
..constant negativity in your world mate

Yeah, we are in a great position in the league but lets not get ahead of ourselves. long way to go but if we keep playing as we are just now then we will win it in the end and thats with or without JC.

Mikey
08-11-2016, 10:00 PM
What nonsense. We've been operating with SPL budgets since we went down and only got back into profit off the back of two magnificent cup runs last season. Cutting prices would be suicidal. Jeez.

Yep. Clueless.

HibsNutter
08-11-2016, 10:08 PM
Wish we charged lower prices, didn't have a squad capable of winning the league and didn't have the Scottish Cup in the cabinet.

Golden Bear
08-11-2016, 10:12 PM
So did United win 1-0 tonight?

Sir David Gray
08-11-2016, 10:15 PM

Yes.

Golden Bear
08-11-2016, 10:16 PM
Yes.

Sheisen but thanks anyway.

PatHead
08-11-2016, 10:17 PM

Yip. Murray scored.

superfurryhibby
08-11-2016, 10:39 PM
Yip. Murray scored.

Are we allowed to say this on Hibs net?

Just curious as there seems to be a thread deletion trend concerning tonights fixture?

tamig
08-11-2016, 10:43 PM

Just curious as there seems to be a thread deletion trend concerning tonights fixture?

Aye, noticed the "tonight's games" thread appears to have gone. Must have taken an interesting turn I guess.

superfurryhibby
08-11-2016, 11:08 PM
Aye, noticed the "tonight's games" thread appears to have gone. Must have taken an interesting turn I guess.

The turns must have been circuitous as they appear to have negotiated three threads. Damn, I always miss the fun exchanges on here.

IWasThere2016
08-11-2016, 11:16 PM
McKinnon first 11 games at home - W9 D2 L0

Last 6 games in the League all won..

I think we need to be wary of the Arabs, and it will be a tough game on Dec 2nd.

tamig
08-11-2016, 11:17 PM

I think we need to be wary of the Arabs, and it will be a tough game on Dec 2nd.

Bring it on I say.

jacomo
08-11-2016, 11:57 PM

Great run. McKinnon seemed to have done good things at Raith but he's doing his reputation no harm at all right now.

We can't take anything for granted, but I don't think we will.

guidref
09-11-2016, 08:16 AM
[QUOTE=scoopyboy;4854317]A game I was at in the shed that springs to mind was a game up there when we beat them 1-0 and we were singing Happy Birthday to Franck Sauzee.

When McManus scored the bell end Utd Keeper Alan Combe(who is now our goalkeeping coach) kicked his Lucozade bottle into the crowd and it hit my son. I had a bit of red mist and had a go at him. He refused to apologise and was pretty abusive. Unbeknownes to him I stayed in Carnoustie at the time and bumped into him in the toilets in Brannigans in Dundee a few weeks later. I introduced myself and reminded him when we last had met. He was nearly in tears. Clown!!!

I hate seeing him at Easter Road!!!

Craig_in_Prague
09-11-2016, 08:29 AM

yep, against 10 men for best part of an hour.

Mr White
09-11-2016, 08:35 AM

The turns must have been circuitous as they appear to have negotiated three threads. Damn, I always miss the fun exchanges on here.

There was nothing exciting or fun this time. The match thread had to go as it was slowing the site down to a crawl. I don't have the knowledge to explain it any better than that.... or fix it for that matter :greengrin

Waxy
09-11-2016, 08:35 AM
Will united have to play with 10 men for no good reasin at some point?We should be well clear.

IanM
09-11-2016, 08:36 AM

Was there a reason only them played last night?

Geo_1875
09-11-2016, 02:14 PM
Was there a reason only them played last night?

Re-arranged the league tie as they're playing challenge cup on Saturday (I think).

Dashing Bob S
09-11-2016, 02:19 PM

Great result for United and a great run-out for their home match against us, which will inevitably be played under similar circumstances.

JimBHibees
09-11-2016, 02:51 PM
Great result for United and a great run-out for their home match against us, which will inevitably be played under similar circumstances.

:not worth :greengrin

Scott Allan Key
09-11-2016, 07:42 PM
[QUOTE=scoopyboy;4854317]A game I was at in the shed that springs to mind was a game up there when we beat them 1-0 and we were singing Happy Birthday to Franck Sauzee.

When McManus scored the bell end Utd Keeper Alan Combe(who is now our goalkeeping coach) kicked his Lucozade bottle into the crowd and it hit my son. I had a bit of red mist and had a go at him. He refused to apologise and was pretty abusive. Unbeknownes to him I stayed in Carnoustie at the time and bumped into him in the toilets in Brannigans in Dundee a few weeks later. I introduced myself and reminded him when we last had met. He was nearly in tears. Clown!!

I hate seeing him at Easter Road!!!

I think I was at that game. Was some wag not constantly shouting his name,'Alan! Alan! Alan! Alan!...' ad infinitum, and when Hibs scored he did the aforementioned and it might of been yourself, furious that he appeared to get away with assault that might have got arrested if a punter. Unless he has done this before at Tannadice to Hibs fans behind the goal.

The Green Goblin
09-11-2016, 08:24 PM
I always enjoyed heading to away games at Tannadeetchee. We usually won and it was usually a decent game.

But getting back to more important matters...where is the op? :cb

Viva_Palmeiras
09-11-2016, 08:48 PM
5/6k down at Motherwell midweek . Honestly

So Their away support out numbers their home average?

resident_Arab
09-11-2016, 10:19 PM
So Their away support out numbers their home average?

Best not to comment from a point of ignorance just like early delivery

Last night was a standard attendance against Dunfermline in the top flight, maybe 6500ish, so a cold Tues night in the 2nd tier that's a decent crowd, the decision to move the game from the Saturday lessened the attendance but 6th win in a row so glad it was

As for the averages quoted earlier, 1999-2009 when from 98-06 Utd were awful and barely won any games (no home wins in 17 at Tannadice during the calendar year of 2000), just two in the whole of 2002/03

Just shows how consistent and how much our crowds hold up during horrendous periods so backs up all the facts I've posted

And yes we did take 5-6k to Fir Park during that cup run, our average crowds were 8-9k so a very good backing as is always the case with us in the Scottish

Ringothedog
09-11-2016, 10:33 PM
Could not give a toss about them and what their average crowds are or have been. As long as we go up there and stuff them on the long and hard road to promotion is all that matters.