PDA

View Full Version : Rocky

Dashing Bob S
06-11-2016, 02:09 AM
Showed that he can stay awake through 90 mins of boredom and still pull a good save out the hat. I'm impressed.

NAE NOOKIE
06-11-2016, 02:10 AM
Showed that he can stay awake through 90 mins of boredom and still pull a good save out the hat. I'm impressed.

:agree: ..... Great save

Thecat23
06-11-2016, 07:30 AM
One of the hardest things to do as a keeper is keep switched on when the whole game you have barely touched the ball. That was a fantastic save and he deserves full credit for keeping a clean sheet.

Onion
06-11-2016, 09:07 AM
Top quality save as key time in match.

Heisenberg
06-11-2016, 10:10 AM
Missing for the Falkirk match :bitchy:

Mark Atkinson ‏@markratkinson (https://twitter.com/markratkinson) Looks like Hibs will be without Ofir Marciano for next weekend's match at home to Falkirk. Keeper has been called into Israel national squad

oneone73
06-11-2016, 10:11 AM

Mark Atkinson ‏@markratkinson (https://twitter.com/markratkinson) Looks like Hibs will be without Ofir Marciano for next weekend's match at home to Falkirk. Keeper has been called into Israel national squad

If Virtanen's also called up, we can postpone the game.

EdinMike
06-11-2016, 10:47 AM
Laidlaw is a fine keeper anyway no worries.

Wilson
06-11-2016, 10:55 AM

Is anyone a fan of postponements? For anyone that thinks it is a good idea check the moaning on the corresponding thread when the new date is announced.

Like the other poster said Laidlaw is a good keeper.

Football is a squad game - give Laidlaw his shot and get the game played!

Billy Whizz
06-11-2016, 10:59 AM

Their under 21's don't have a competitive game next week

O'Rourke3
06-11-2016, 11:02 AM
Is anyone a fan of postponements? For anyone that thinks it is a good idea check the moaning on the corresponding thread when the new date is announced.

Like the other poster said Laidlaw is a good keeper.

Football is a squad game - give Laidlaw his shot and get the game played!

Not me. We always seem to lose momentum and the re-arranged date is always a pain for us in among other fixture congestion. If SJM is an unused sub in the International and flies back up - shouldn't be a problem for us really.

Actually, SJM would only be a target for the "footballers" playing for Houston so our most combative midfield is probably required.

Heisenberg
06-11-2016, 11:07 AM

I would rather we played it. Just a bit of a pain that we've been on a very good defensive run and our first choice goalie is out.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-11-2016, 11:18 AM
One of the hardest things to do as a keeper is keep switched on when the whole game you have barely touched the ball. That was a fantastic save and he deserves full credit for keeping a clean sheet.

Best example of that recently is the goal that the Bristol City keeper gave away against Brighton last night.

Thecat23
06-11-2016, 11:18 AM
Best example of that recently is the goal that the Bristol City keeper gave away against Brighton last night.

Yeah exactly.

Allant1981
06-11-2016, 01:06 PM
Cracking save, if that had been saved by a keeper down south everyone would be raving about it

GreenCastle
06-11-2016, 03:16 PM

Just seen this and not ideal but Laidlaw has shown he's decent enough.

Vini1875
06-11-2016, 03:28 PM
Great save and gave us the platform to push on and put the game out of sight. The entire defence hve been solid. No worries about Laidlaw and bartley stepping in for Marciano and SJM against Falkirk

Enough said
06-11-2016, 03:36 PM
Great save and gave us the platform to push on and put the game out of sight. The entire defence hve been solid. No worries about Laidlaw and bartley stepping in for Marciano and SJM against Falkirk

Why would SJM not be playing? More than willing to come home Friday after international game

NAE NOOKIE
06-11-2016, 04:03 PM
Laidlaw is a fine keeper anyway no worries.

Agreed ..... I felt a bit sorry for him when he was dropped in favour of Marciano because he had been getting better and better. I don't think he will let us down if he plays

Keith_M
06-11-2016, 04:44 PM
Dundee Utd and Raith Rovers have both scored more than us but we've only conceded 6 goals in 12 league games, so our defence (and goalie) seem to be doing their job well.

EDIT: Actually, that was true about Raith two games back but not anymore. Maybe I should just shut up.... ;-)

Mr White
06-11-2016, 04:59 PM
Dundee Utd and Raith Rovers have both scored more than us but we've only conceded 6 goals in 12 league games, so our defence (and goalie) seem to be doing their job well.

EDIT: Actually, that was true about Raith two games back but not anymore. Maybe I should just shut up.... ;-)
It's a good point though. Our defending has been consistently good and after a lean spell there we've scored 8 now in our last 3 league games.

I think Lennon deserves credit for changing things around to good effect.