GreenCastle
05-11-2016, 10:01 PM
Falkirk home..hopefully a full home end

QOS home..hopefully a full home end

Dundee Utd away..hopefully a full away end

A massive possible 9 points!

The Spaceman
05-11-2016, 10:15 PM
Dare I say season defining...a chance to knock all three of our title rivals on the head and open up a proper gap. Lose these matches and we are into another long slog...luckily looks like the team is clicking big time.

Golden Bear
05-11-2016, 10:17 PM
Get intae them is the message. Who's going to be second?

Pete
06-11-2016, 02:55 AM
United have recently faced the test that we are about to face and passed with full marks so we simply have to do the same.

Falkirk will be trickier than QOS, who I believe are now being found out. They gave united a good game and will definitely give us one too.

Ironically, the one I'm least worried about is the one at Tannadice. From what I've seen we're better than anything in this league, including a full strength United and we have nothing to worry about, especially if they come at us.

I can't wait for them all. Bring it on!:thumbsup:

Libby Hibby
06-11-2016, 04:32 AM
Massive 3 games up next for us.

Bring them all on.

Let's have Easter Road bouncing for Falkirk & QoS and send a full travelling support to Dundee.

We could well be the difference in these 3 important fixtures.

Steve20
06-11-2016, 05:14 AM
We need to win the two home games before Tannadice. There's not much between us and Utd. Teams are about even so could go either way. Would like to go there with at least a three point lead.

HibbySpurs
06-11-2016, 06:43 AM
We need to win the two home games before Tannadice. There's not much between us and Utd. Teams are about even so could go either way. Would like to go there with at least a three point lead.

This, going to Tannadice with at least the lead we have now is massive as it will pile pressure on Utd to get a result, ideally we'll get 9/9 from these games but in all honesty 6 or 7 would not be a disaster at this stage.

GreenCastle
06-11-2016, 10:59 AM
Massive 3 games up next for us.

Bring them all on.

Let's have Easter Road bouncing for Falkirk & QoS and send a full travelling support to Dundee.

We could well be the difference in these 3 important fixtures.

How many tickets do we usually get for Dundee ? Can see us taking a massive following even on a Friday night.

calumhibee1
06-11-2016, 11:08 AM
This, going to Tannadice with at least the lead we have now is massive as it will pile pressure on Utd to get a result, ideally we'll get 9/9 from these games but in all honesty 6 or 7 would not be a disaster at this stage.

While 6 or 7 wouldn't be a disaster I'd be disappointed with anything but 9. We should ALWAYS take maximum points at home meaning the only debatable one is Tannadice. As a one off game I'd be disappointed not to beat them.

BonnieFitbaTeam
06-11-2016, 11:48 AM

Based on their performance at ER, I couldn't agree less. Utd were by some distance the worst team to pitch up at ER so far this season. Yet somehow they are only 3 points behind us.

Contrast that with St Mirren who, imo, have been probably the best side to visit this season. Came to play football and had a go with two up front. Rooted to the bottom and can't buy a win.

Go figure !

Thecat23
06-11-2016, 11:50 AM

Our squad is miles better. But I do think we should win our home games just in case.

Hermit Crab
06-11-2016, 01:50 PM
How many tickets do we usually get for Dundee ? Can see us taking a massive following even on a Friday night.

I think this season away teams are allocated the shed end only. Main stand kept as an overspill?

Including the main stand and shed end we can get a maximum of 3500 tickets. That's plenty to go around.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-11-2016, 10:34 AM
One at a time 😉

calumhibee1
07-11-2016, 10:49 AM
Based on their performance at ER, I couldn't agree less. Utd were by some distance the worst team to pitch up at ER so far this season. Yet somehow they are only 3 points behind us.

Contrast that with St Mirren who, imo, have been probably the best side to visit this season. Came to play football and had a go with two up front. Rooted to the bottom and can't buy a win.

Go figure !

While I'd agree St Mirren tried to play football they weren't any good at it, I thought it was pretty obvious why they're rooted to the bottom playing like that, teams will pick them off for fun. I would agree Dundee Utd were one of the poorer sides to come to ER this season though so I'm surprised they're as close to us as they are.

High-On-Hibs
07-11-2016, 10:50 AM
Lets take nothing for granted. These are going to be 3 massively testing games. The team will either show us that they want it, or the won't.

GreenCastle
12-11-2016, 09:13 AM
One at a time 😉

Game 1 today!

resident_Arab
12-11-2016, 12:49 PM
While I'd agree St Mirren tried to play football they weren't any good at it, I thought it was pretty obvious why they're rooted to the bottom playing like that, teams will pick them off for fun. I would agree Dundee Utd were one of the poorer sides to come to ER this season though so I'm surprised they're as close to us as they are.

That was a Utd side with no real midfield due to injuries, and as poor as we were (on the day) Hibs didn't impress, we were comfortable on the whole, I came away from that thinking we have nothing to fear this season given that's our toughest away fixture

Although I do realise Hibs are good on the road, undefeated etc

We have a couple tough games, Morton away (they are unbeaten at home like us) and Hibs home (undefeated away as stated)

Albanian Hibs
12-11-2016, 12:51 PM
That was a Utd side with no real midfield due to injuries, and as poor as we were (on the day) Hibs didn't impress, we were comfortable on the whole, I came away from that thinking we have nothing to fear this season given that's our toughest away fixture

We have a couple tough games, Morton away (they are unbeaten at home like us) and Hibs home (undefeated away as stated)

Yawn

Earlydelivery
12-11-2016, 01:13 PM

We have a couple tough games, Morton away (they are unbeaten at home like us) and Hibs home (undefeated away as stated)1 shot on target in the whole game ,and you scored . Thought you were very poor .

resident_Arab
12-11-2016, 01:20 PM
1 shot on target in the whole game ,and you scored . Thought you were very poor .

We were awful, Hibs were average, our worst showing of the season along with Dumbarton away, no first choice midfield at Easter rd though due to injury, new players still finding their feet too

SRHibs
12-11-2016, 01:29 PM
It's no coincidence that you had your worst showing vs the best team in the league!

resident_Arab
12-11-2016, 01:37 PM
It's no coincidence that you had your worst showing vs the best team in the league!

And came away with a comfortable draw! ;p

Ronniekirk
12-11-2016, 02:07 PM
1 shot on target in the whole game ,and you scored . Thought you were very poor .

They have now won seven games in a row We now need to go on a similiar run so beating Falkirk today would be three wins in s row
Agree we should of won that game v them but we didnt
I dont see them suddenly going into free fall the way Queen of The South did United s challenge poses a real threat to us getting promotion and we need to accept and deal with it by winning games Simple as that

Dundee Hibee
12-11-2016, 02:10 PM
They win again with only 3 players from the midweek starting team, they are genuine contenders.

Pete
12-11-2016, 04:16 PM
Frustrating today but Falkirk defended well and were organised.

Hoping to thrash a poor QOS and we've absolutely nothing to fear from the 1982 Brazil team when we travel up to the San Siro in Dundee.

Have faith.

Itsnoteasy
12-11-2016, 04:25 PM
We need to start a new next 3 games thread. As this one failed at first hurdle.

Hi Heid Yin
12-11-2016, 04:31 PM
We need to start a new next 3 games thread. As this one failed at first hurdle.

:greengrin

Hermit Crab
12-11-2016, 06:30 PM
And came away with a comfortable draw! ;p

Why don't you take yourself away to your own forum and talk about scotlands most pointless trophy completion that you're in and we'll see you in a few weeks.

Mr White
12-11-2016, 07:06 PM
Why don't you take yourself away to your own forum and talk about scotlands most pointless trophy completion that you're in and we'll see you in a few weeks.

Is there really any need for that?

resident_Arab
12-11-2016, 07:27 PM

Don't think any of our fans are fussed about the challenge cup tbh, anyway semi isn't until February now!

The last time we were down in 95/96, we didn't concede a single goal in our five games and lost the final on pens aet to Stenhousemuir at McDiarmid , quite funny

where'stheslope
13-11-2016, 09:38 AM
Our squad is miles better. But I do think we should win our home games just in case.

Careful!!!
Its not how much better our squad is, its how well we play on the park!!
Yesterday was an eye opener for the best squad in the league, play 65 minutes against 10 men and scrape a draw?
We are better than most in terms of players, but we have to play as a team to get results.
Falkirk were stuffy and at times brutal, but they wanted something from the game and played their plan to perfection!!!
They spent the game frustrating both the team and fans and in the end stole a point.

coldingham hibs
13-11-2016, 10:15 AM
I could be wrong but from memory we have only won 2 games this season against our challengers, Falkirk & Morton (correct me if I am wrong). In order to win this league we need to win all or the majority of the games against Dundee Utd, QOS, Morton, Raith & Falkirk, failure to do that will lead us to another season in this league.

Our next 2 games are must wins.

O'Rourke3
13-11-2016, 10:17 AM
I could be wrong but from memory we have only won 2 games this season against our challengers, Falkirk & Morton (correct me if I am wrong). In order to win this league we need to win all or the majority of the games against Dundee Utd, QOS, Morton, Raith & Falkirk, failure to do that will lead us to another season in this league.

Our next 2 games are must wins.

While you are not wrong,we have also yet to lose to any either...(in the league)

Broken Gnome
13-11-2016, 10:27 AM
While you are not wrong,we have also yet to lose to any either...(in the league)

And that's the line between winning this comfortably or having to fight for it. At home we've been one up and coasting at home to United and had an hour against ten men against Falkirk. Couldn't beat either.

No team is going to run away from us because we won't lose often, but we need to get a bit of comfort in these games when we merit it or else we're going through the wringer again.