PDA

View Full Version : Squirrel

Northernhibee
05-11-2016, 06:26 PM
Going to keep Jase on the bench for another couple of games at least. Good partnership with Holt, scoring goals, impeccable attitude and work ethic. Lennon bringing out the best in him.

Enough said
05-11-2016, 06:41 PM
Totally agree with that mate, let's not forget he has pace to burn and is very direct. Boyle will know any slip ups with result in being benched so keeping him on his toes is probaly doing wonders for him as well. Pleasing thing for him and us is he loves the club .

Itsnoteasy
05-11-2016, 06:53 PM
Glad he has sobered up. What a difference.

Borderhibbie76
05-11-2016, 07:44 PM
😂😂😂only took him 6.months...he partied as hard as any of us...fast becoming our new cult hero

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Scorrie
05-11-2016, 08:18 PM
We look so much better as a team with Boyle in the line up IMO

Billy Whizz
05-11-2016, 08:21 PM

Not just in the line up, but playing where he should be played, not as a winger

The Spaceman
05-11-2016, 08:24 PM
I am the only one who has always thought we have looked better whenever he is on the pitch...:confused:

Think both Boyle and Keatings are really underused/under appreciated, both are great wee players but doesn't help their cause when Jason has been red hot so both have had to wait their time! He gives us that pace we have lacked up front and allows us to stretch out these pishy little teams...think Jason is more of a big game player. Great that we have a couple of options up top now.

CRAZYHIBBY
05-11-2016, 08:39 PM
To think dundee gave him away

B.H.F.C
05-11-2016, 08:39 PM

Well as he's played I think Holt makes it easy for whoever plays up with him. Cummings scored every game they started together and Boyle now the same. Why he was dropped is a mystery to me.

Pretty Boy
05-11-2016, 08:41 PM
Well as he's played I think Holt makes it easy for whoever plays up with him. Cummings scored every game they started together and Boyle now the same. Why he was dropped is a mystery to me.

Very much this. Holt is a big player for us.

In saying that Boyles work rate and pace compliment Holt well. Absolutely no defender likes playing against pace and Boyle has it in spades. He's been a revelation in recent weeks.

Haymaker
05-11-2016, 08:42 PM

He was an inspiration to keep the party going for me. Every time I started flagging I saw a picture or video of him still out on the lash and I cracked on. What party and what a hero.

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-11-2016, 08:53 PM
Literally our new Ivan Sproule. Ridiculous pace, nobody knows what he's going to do next, massive cult hero, even wears the same number. What a man.

Itsnoteasy
05-11-2016, 08:53 PM
He was an inspiration to keep the party going for me. Every time I started flagging I saw a picture or video of him still out on the lash and I cracked on. What party and what a hero.

Hope he isnae oot the night celebrating his double. Hame Monday morning.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
05-11-2016, 09:10 PM
Going to keep Jase on the bench for another couple of games at least. Good partnership with Holt, scoring goals, impeccable attitude and work ethic. Lennon bringing out the best in him.

:agree: Great attitude and good to see him responding well to getting a run of games.

jarre1875
05-11-2016, 09:23 PM
Martin Boyle. Cult Hero and Drinker extrodinaire. I met him before the Motherwell friendly and asked him if he had sobered up all i got from was a massive grin an autograph and the quote of everyones asking me that the day. Squirrels on fire ..........

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Jack
06-11-2016, 11:24 AM
Good fun on Facebook, always seems to have plenty time for photos with fans. Now he's getting more time on the pitch and doing the business.

What's not to like?

I did think about wee while ago about getting a squirrel fancy dress costume to go to the match ... then I realised I was 59 and the costumes only went to age 14!

Maybe the next Hibs Kids day could be a squirrel appreciation day.

Viva_Palmeiras
06-11-2016, 11:32 AM
Good fun on Facebook, always seems to have plenty time for photos with fans. Now he's getting more time on the pitch and doing the business.

What's not to like?

I did think about wee while ago about getting a squirrel fancy dress costume to go to the match ... then I realised I was 59 and the costumes only went to age 14!

Maybe the next Hibs Kids day could be a squirrel appreciation day.

Pretty Boy
06-11-2016, 11:35 AM
What I also like about him is he genuinely seems to appreciate playing for Hibs.

Was desperate to come here, always seems to have a smile on his face and runs his socks off every time he is on the park.

Itsnoteasy
06-11-2016, 11:39 AM
What I also like about him is he genuinely seems to appreciate playing for Hibs.

Was desperate to come here, always seems to have a smile on his face and runs his socks off every time he is on the park.

Sounds a bit like Ivan Sproule.

Since90+2
06-11-2016, 11:52 AM
I thought he was 25/ 26 but a quick look at his wiki page he is only 23.

If he can add a few things to his game but retain his pace and work rate he could become a very very good player.

His contract is up in the summer so hopefully the club can get an extension agreed soon.

B.H.F.C
06-11-2016, 12:09 PM
I thought he was 25/ 26 but a quick look at his wiki page he is only 23.

If he can add a few things to his game but retain his pace and work rate he could become a very very good player.

His contract is up in the summer so hopefully the club can get an extension agreed soon.

Wouldn't be fussed about him signing an extension any time soon. Leave it well alone just now and let him go and earn a new deal.

southsider
06-11-2016, 12:10 PM
Very much this. Holt is a big player for us.

In saying that Boyles work rate and pace compliment Holt well. Absolutely no defender likes playing against pace and Boyle has it in spades. He's been a revelation in recent weeks.
IMHO it was just a mater of confidence. How many times was he through in on goal when he pace put him clear and he put it wide ? He is now tucking them away.

BH Hibs
06-11-2016, 12:16 PM

Got me thinking if we could play them both with Holt in a 433. Maybe JC's game wouldn't suit though.

Unseen work
06-11-2016, 07:59 PM
Martin is a good player with fantastic pace.

I'm no sure if he will manage to keep up the goals he has scored over the past couple of weeks though.

I think he lashes at shots a bit too often however when he doesn't it's normally very accurate and a good finish.

One thing is for certain though is that he will run all day and more than likely get a good couple of 1 vs 1 chances a game due to his pace and attitude.

He will also get a good couple of assists and most likely win penalties due to his pace and putting defenders under pressure.

A very good player for this league and you can tell the difference he makes to the team in terms of being able to stretch the pitch and give them an outball.

ancient hibee
06-11-2016, 08:04 PM
Lennon says they had to gee him up to stop himself getting knocked off the ball so easily.So credit where it's due,they've given him some steel and he looks a better player for it.

Billy Whizz
06-11-2016, 08:04 PM
He can strike a 🏀 as well

Zazu62
06-11-2016, 09:32 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/MartinBoyle9/status/795337520015962112

Marco G
06-11-2016, 10:11 PM
Maybe I am not getting you right here, but Jason started at Raith Rovers with Holt and had one off target shot in the whole game. I think his lack of input in that game when we were down to ten men is why he was dropped against Dunfermline.
He will be back and scoring again I am sure. But agree that Holt is great at holding the ball up as well as laying it off with the perfect strength and is forming a good partnership with Boyle.

B.H.F.C
06-11-2016, 10:19 PM
Maybe I am not getting you right here, but Jason started at Raith Rovers with Holt and had one off target shot in the whole game. I think his lack of input in that game when we were down to ten men is why he was dropped against Dunfermline.
He will be back and scoring again I am sure. But agree that Holt is great at holding the ball up as well as laying it off with the perfect strength and is forming a good partnership with Boyle.

Given we played the best part of an hour in that game with 10 men, I don't think it's surprising that Cummings only had one effort on goal. However, he scored in every other league game when Holt started up top with him. Boyle has now started up top with Holt twice and scored in both game. I was just making the point that as well as Boyle is doing at the moment, and he's doing really well, Holt makes it a lot easier for whoever is playing up with him and I still have absolutely no idea why he was dropped for a few games. For me, our upturn in form is more to do with him being back in the team than anyone else.

Marco G
06-11-2016, 10:45 PM
Given we played the best part of an hour in that game with 10 men, I don't think it's surprising that Cummings only had one effort on goal. However, he scored in every other league game when Holt started up top with him. Boyle has now started up top with Holt twice and scored in both game. I was just making the point that as well as Boyle is doing at the moment, and he's doing really well, Holt makes it a lot easier for whoever is playing up with him and I still have absolutely no idea why he was dropped for a few games. For me, our upturn in form is more to do with him being back in the team than anyone else.
Sorry, I had misunderstood your op. Agree completely!

IWasThere2016
06-11-2016, 10:48 PM
Not just in the line up, but playing where he should be played, not as a winger

:agree:

Montrose played him through the middle - Dundee didn't.. we initially followed Dundee. Bizarre as he had a good strike rate at Montrose IIRC

Northernhibee
06-11-2016, 10:59 PM
:agree:

Montrose played him through the middle - Dundee didn't.. we initially followed Dundee. Bizarre as he had a good strike rate at Montrose IIRC

Playing as a striker through the middle is his preferred position.

wookie70
06-11-2016, 11:17 PM
Martin is a good player with fantastic pace.

I'm no sure if he will manage to keep up the goals he has scored over the past couple of weeks though.

I think he lashes at shots a bit too often however when he doesn't it's normally very accurate and a good finish.

One thing is for certain though is that he will run all day and more than likely get a good couple of 1 vs 1 chances a game due to his pace and attitude.

He will also get a good couple of assists and most likely win penalties due to his pace and putting defenders under pressure.
A very good player for this league and you can tell the difference he makes to the team in terms of being able to stretch the pitch and give them an outball.

That would match my view. Quick, some decent skill, live wire and makes some great runs. He really needs to work on his finishing though as he seems to just go for power when faced with an easy chance. He was pretty lucky with both goals yesterday as they were both touched before hitting the back of the net. Saying that the composure may come if he starts and scores regularly. One thing is for sure and that is his enthusiasm seems to have lifted us when we were a wee bit down. Keep it up squirrel