PDA

View Full Version : Andy Murray World No1

Mikey09
05-11-2016, 01:38 PM
Raonic pulls out injured so oor Andy is THE BEST IN THE WORLD!!! Congrats Andy lad!

hibby6270
05-11-2016, 01:51 PM
:top marks :not worth :greengrin

Mikey09
05-11-2016, 02:05 PM
Admins could you delete or merge or do whatever it is you do... Someone beat me to it!!

jacomo
05-11-2016, 02:37 PM
Well done Andy. Terrific achievement.

Wee Effen Bee
05-11-2016, 02:59 PM
2016 turning out to be a vintage year in the history and manner of all things Hibernian.

G B Young
05-11-2016, 03:53 PM
Very well done Andy. A magnificent achievement and thoroughly deserved. Worth remembering that Jamie also hit the No 1 spot in doubles earlier this year so it's been some year for them. Andy is the greatest British sportsman of all time in my view.

Good to see Hibs make it a double day of celebration.

:flag:

emerald green
05-11-2016, 03:56 PM
Congratulations Andy. Yet another fantastic achievement. Well deserved.

Mikey09
05-11-2016, 03:57 PM
It's a magnificent achievement. Andy and Jamie have both hit the world No 1 spot this year and are both much admired members of the Hibernian family, so does this not deserve a bit of limelight on the main forum? Certainly doesn't deserve to be deleted!

Very well done Andy. The greatest British sportsman of all time - and good to see Hibs make it a double day of celebration.

:flag:

I just meant someone else had started a thread about it just before I did. :aok:

G B Young
05-11-2016, 03:58 PM
I just meant someone else had started a thread about it just before I did. :aok:

Yes, sorry I realised that and amended my post but you've beaten me with your reply!

Mikey09
05-11-2016, 04:00 PM
Yes, sorry I realised that and amended my post but you've beaten me with your reply!

:thumbsup:

G B Young
05-11-2016, 04:02 PM
Nice tweet from his mum...

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/624/cpsprodpb/13C66/production/_92289908_judy_murray_andy_number_one_twitter.jpgh ttp://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAIAAAAAAAP///yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7http://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAIAAAAAAAP///yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7

JohnM1875
05-11-2016, 04:06 PM
Seriously an unbelievably achievement. Especially when Djokovic was so far ahead at one point. Could not be happier for him. Never understand the hate he gets from a lot of people for being boring. He's actually hilarious if you get his humour.

mjhibby
05-11-2016, 05:37 PM
Seriously an unbelievably achievement. Especially when Djokovic was so far ahead at one point. Could not be happier for him. Never understand the hate he gets from a lot of people for being boring. He's actually hilarious if you get his humour.

Incredible that he wins Wimbledon,his second Olympics,the Davis cup and become no 1 the same year as hibs win the holy grail. It was written in the stars he would do it in this year
Massive congratulations to one of scotland best ever sportsman. Can't be bothered arguing over the Scots/ British nonsense on this momentous day. Go Andy.

oneone73
05-11-2016, 05:41 PM
Incredible that he wins Wimbledon,his second Olympics,the Davis cup and become no 1 the same year as hibs win the holy grail. It was written in the stars he would do it in this year
Massive congratulations to one of scotland best ever sportsman. Can't be bothered arguing over the Scots/ British nonsense on this momentous day. Go Andy.

Davis Cup was last year.

mjhibby
05-11-2016, 06:03 PM
Indeed it was. Still not a bad wee year for super Andy and our beloved team though.

Topographic Hibby
05-11-2016, 08:36 PM
Well done Andy.

Was at his luxury hotel Cromlix House outside Doune for our anniversary. Very plush and uber-expensive. Food was stunning and wine was going down a treat.

They were no very happy when I started the SJM song - lucky it wisnae the Warburton one.......:greengrin

BullsCloseHibs
05-11-2016, 08:48 PM
Difficult to get excited about this. Sorry!

Tricla
05-11-2016, 08:51 PM
difficult to get excited about this. Sorry!

ltyf

SquashedFrogg
05-11-2016, 09:11 PM

Sad individual :cb

05-11-2016, 09:16 PM

He's gotten better at interviews and being a bit more light hearted. He's just a shy guy that clearly isn't that comfortable being interviewed etc but he has gotten better at it as he's grown up. There was a documentary about him a wee while back that showed him kind of out of the spot light and in his home life and he's actually got a good sense of humour and quite good fun.

Fantastic achievement. A young laddie from the wee town of Dumblane to being world no1 in his sport, absolutely fantastic and I think it's brilliant that Dumblane now have something really positive to associate with it because before I bet most people associated it with that horrific school shooting. He's worked so hard, especially since he's grown up in an era of possibly some of the greatest male tennis players ever, the like of Federer, Djokovic etc.

05-11-2016, 09:17 PM

why waste your time and bother opening up and then writing on this thread then :confused:

Marco G
05-11-2016, 09:19 PM
No problem. Not everyone will appreciate the quality needed to become world number 1 in tennis and how big a deal it is throughout the world. Luckily a lot of folk here do know what it means given the Scotland and Hibs connection.

Phil MaGlass
06-11-2016, 05:44 AM
Big well done tae Andy, not a big tennis fan masel but can appreciate the amount of hardwork and dedication to become world No1, as someone else said, he has been up against some of the best players of this era ever, this is a great acheivement. Gaun yirsel Andy. :flag::saltireflag

nonshinyfinish
06-11-2016, 11:07 AM
An incredible achievement, even more so when he's up against arguably the greatest player ever.

Well done Andy: the second most decorated Hibby of his generation, after Lewis Stevenson.

GreenLake
06-11-2016, 11:16 AM

Excited enough to post a belter like that.

Thecat23
06-11-2016, 11:29 AM

So why comment?

Clearly haven't a clue how difficult it is to reach number 1 spot in any sport.

Killiehibbie
06-11-2016, 11:39 AM
Difficult to get excited about this. Sorry!Try standing opposite somebody firing missiles, sorry tennis balls, at you and find out how difficult it is to return them then you might appreciate his achievement.

Jdawg
06-11-2016, 09:27 PM

No one is asking you to get excited about it.

Baader
07-11-2016, 01:51 AM
Surprised to see that resident Murray family hater HalifaxHibby hasn't posted to call Andy a brat or a spoilt little clown or some other nonsense. :greengrin

Incredible achievement. A boy from Dunblane currently the best tennis player on the planet? Unbelievable. :aok:

G B Young
07-11-2016, 08:35 AM
Great to see Andy follow up his confirmation as world No 1 by winning the Paris Masters. The way he chased down Djokovic's massive points lead was incredible. The guy's a class act. I saw Chris Hoy interviewed yesterday saying that Andy is without doubt Scotland's greatest ever sportsman but I think he's more than than that. When you look at his achievements in a sport where Britain has achieved little since the days of Fred Perry he's also the greatest sportsman Britain has ever produced in my view. And for Jamie to have also reached the world No 1 spot in doubles, well, it makes them a quite remarkable familly. Here's hoping the legacy of the Murray brothers is something we can capitalise on. Far too many kids see football as the be all and end all yet as a nation we've been c*** at it for decades. Guys like Andy, Jamie and Chris Hoy are, in my opinion, the types the kids should be looking up to.

High-On-Hibs
07-11-2016, 08:42 AM
Was reading numerous comments on articles yesterday about this. They really really don't like him down there. Just makes it even more enjoyable imo.

Mikey09
07-11-2016, 09:02 AM
Getting the train on Friday morning to London. Going to Wembley Friday night, sightseeing Sat, Sun, Mon, then at the O2 Tues and Wed! Get 2 singles matches and 2 doubles each day. Then it's home Thurs. Cannae wait to see the world No1 playing! Never seen pro tennis before. Am excited like a kid!!

Oscar T Grouch
07-11-2016, 09:18 AM
Was reading numerous comments on articles yesterday about this. They really really don't like him down there. Just makes it even more enjoyable imo.

There was an article about him going for the No1 spot a week or so ago, some of the comments were ridiculous. I responded to one who said he hates Britain. I just said the same Murray who lead Britain to the Davis Cup, the same Murray who lead Britain out at the Olympics, the same Murray who was the first to win back to back Olympic titles for Britain? Aye he must really hate Britain, making us really successful at a sport we've stunk at for nearly 80 years :rolleyes:

The buy was more than likely a daily mail reader who believes the bile they printed about him after his joke with Henman about anyone but England and his subsequent support for Yes in the Indy ref. Never got a response from the OP, but I did get about 100 likes :greengrin

AltheHibby
07-11-2016, 09:25 AM
To be fair to the Mail journalist he has tried to tell people it was simply banter. The problem is that the haters on both sides of the border use Andy as an excuse to vent their bile.

Back to the story, it's fantastic that we have the world#1as a supporter.