PDA

View Full Version : Dodged a bullet?

Famous Fiver
04-11-2016, 06:20 PM
Looked up to see who is ref for tomorrow.

Kevin Clancy, not my favourite, is the ref but listed in the match next to ours on the fixture list , Dunfy vs Raith is our old pal Craig Thomson. Obviously alive and kicking and operating at our level.

Don't know how they pick them but I don't want him anywhere near any of our games. Gives me a chill down the spine. Hopefully we have dodged a bullet.

The Jambo linesman, Graeme Leslie, is on duty at Falkirk vs Morton. What's the chances of a Morton goal chalked off for offside or/and a Falkirk goal allowed even though it's offside?

Might sound paranoid but the treatment we've had from officials this season has really got to me.

truehibernian
04-11-2016, 07:12 PM
Kevin Clancy had a superb game recently at Hearts (v Dundee) - let the game flow and he's becoming less pedantic. Definitely improving as a ref. Had a blether with James McPake that day as well - still loves Hibs and interesting chat about Butcher !

H18 SFR
04-11-2016, 07:18 PM
Kevin Clancy had a superb game recently at Hearts (v Dundee) - let the game flow and he's becoming less pedantic. Definitely improving as a ref. Had a blether with James McPake that day as well - still loves Hibs and interesting chat about Butcher !

Do elaborate about Butcher?

Hibeewilly
04-11-2016, 07:21 PM
Have to say I would have Craig Thomson referee all of our games in this league compared to the absolute rubbish we have been subjected to this season and last!!

truehibernian
04-11-2016, 07:38 PM
Do elaborate about Butcher?

Nothing we don't already know mate (sadly) - ruined the club and dressing room.

It was interesting seeing JMcP and Hartley - it's clear (to me) that there's a big mutual respect and I can see James maybe moving into management soon depending on resumption from injury.

coco22
05-11-2016, 07:56 PM
I ended up going to the Pars v Raith game (with the local team I coach) and Thomson was equally as pish / inconsistent as always. Some ridiculous decisions and was booed off by the home fans

Famous Fiver
05-11-2016, 08:16 PM
Clancy denies us what sounds like a stonewall penalty, Falkirk get late, late equaliser, Raith get the refereeing breaks.

Do I detect a pattern here? We are playing 12 men every week.