PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming AGM Help Required

Mikeystewart
04-11-2016, 01:45 PM
My partner and I are planning to go to the upcoming AGM as proxies for my brother who is a shareholder and cant make it.

We filled out the proxy form best we can as its written in a legal language that I do not speak.

The proxy form has been posted to the club and we have an attendance card signed by the share holder.

Is there anything we need other than the attendance card to be allowed into the AGM?

I've emailed the club and haven't had a reply. To be fair to the club it has been a bit short notice so wasn't expecting an instant reply.

AGM first timer so not even sure if there is a dress code or anything?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

CropleyWasGod
04-11-2016, 01:57 PM
My partner and I are planning to go to the upcoming AGM as proxies for my brother who is a shareholder and cant make it.

We filled out the proxy form best we can as its written in a legal language that I do not speak.

The proxy form has been posted to the club and we have an attendance card signed by the share holder.

Is there anything we need other than the attendance card to be allowed into the AGM?

I've emailed the club and haven't had a reply. To be fair to the club it has been a bit short notice so wasn't expecting an instant reply.

You might need ID.

In saying that, I've never needed it. They just take my name and score it off a pre-printed list. The arrangements for proxies may be different.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

BSEJVT
04-11-2016, 03:12 PM
oops

I am a shareholder

Was I meant to register that I was planning to attend and /or do I need any attendance cards etc

I haven't been to an AGM for years and years.

Hibby D
04-11-2016, 03:22 PM
oops

I am a shareholder

Was I meant to register that I was planning to attend and /or do I need any attendance cards etc

There's a bit of bumf in the annual accounts. Did you get a copy sent?

Mikeystewart
04-11-2016, 03:35 PM
oops

I am a shareholder

My question only regards proxies (people going to AGM on behalf of a shareholder who cannot attend), i don't think anything has changed for shareholders.

Billy Whizz
04-11-2016, 03:55 PM
My question only regards proxies (people going to AGM on behalf of a shareholder who cannot attend), i don't think anything has changed for shareholders.

Think you just need the attendance card completed

Argylehibby
04-11-2016, 04:55 PM
oops

I am a shareholder

You don't need to register to attend if you are the shareholder. If you are representing a shareholder (i.e. you are their proxy) then the appointment of you as a proxy needs registered, usually 48 hours before the meeting, to enable you to attend.

GreenT
04-11-2016, 06:04 PM

i would advise that you phone the Club. I note you say you and your partner are intending to attend as proxies of your brother. One person can only attend as a proxy for a shareholder.

BSEJVT
04-11-2016, 07:00 PM
You don't need to register to attend if you are the shareholder. If you are representing a shareholder (i.e. you are their proxy) then the appointment of you as a proxy needs registered, usually 48 hours before the meeting, to enable you to attend.

Thanks

I didn't think I needed to register

Next question

Will I need the attendance card as I cant find it

Thanks

barcahibs
04-11-2016, 07:47 PM
Thanks

I didn't think I needed to register

Next question

Will I need the attendance card as I cant find it

Thanks

I've never needed ID or my attendance card (which I always lose about 5 minutes after it arrives). Just give your name and they score it off a sheet - bit like when you go to vote.

Might be different now there's all these new shareholders though? Might need a bigger room - and more pies :0 Rod'll have a fit.