PDA

View Full Version : Two Nil up, 10 mins to go, at home, special relationship and all...

Col2
03-11-2016, 10:12 AM
It must haunt them beyond belief.

They even had CraigThomson, industrial filed and conditions and Sam Nicolson's balls.

oneone73
03-11-2016, 10:13 AM

Don't forget the year ends on a 6.

JeMeSouviens
03-11-2016, 10:21 AM

They even had CraigThomson, industrial filed and conditions and Sam Nicolson's balls.

Doesn't matter how many times I see it, every time Darren McGregor challenges for that header that the goalie palms out to Hanlon, I still expect him to give a foul. Maybe he was in on the money-spinning-replay thing. :greengrin

Col2
03-11-2016, 10:25 AM
Doesn't matter how many times I see it, every time Darren McGregor challenges for that header that the goalie palms out to Hanlon, I still expect him to give a foul. Maybe he was in on the money-spinning-replay thing. :greengrin

Just been watching it. He doesn't even blow is whistle or use his right arm to signal a goal. He is itching to chalk it off.

Zazu62
03-11-2016, 10:28 AM
A boy I work with (a jambo) texted me at half time saying u are nothing but a championship club im afraid .. Woooops.

Mr White
03-11-2016, 10:32 AM
A boy I work with (a jambo) texted me at half time saying u are nothing but a championship club im afraid .. Woooops.

I'm on a whatsapp chat with some jambos that I deliberately stayed off durung the match. It was immensely pleasing to look through the comments afterwards, particularly the change in tone when jason scored and the silence at the equaliser.

"Afternoon gents, have I missed anything?" :hilarious

Salt N Sauzee
03-11-2016, 10:39 AM
The way they sarcastically sung "Stubbsy, Stubbsy" when they went 2-0 up just proved they genuinely thought it was game over. So so so pleasing. Love watching the highlights for this game on YouTube, class celebrations at the equaliser.

Earlydelivery
03-11-2016, 10:46 AM
Glad I stayed till final whistle now :thumbsup:

oneone73
03-11-2016, 10:52 AM
The way they sarcastically sung "Stubbsy, Stubbsy" when they went 2-0 up just proved they genuinely thought it was game over. So so so pleasing. Love watching the highlights for this game on YouTube, class celebrations at the equaliser.

You should see it on the DVD!

Bostonhibby
03-11-2016, 11:06 AM
Does the fact that we had such a spectacular result against them on the way to winning the cup mean we have a yam style "special relationship" with them, or is it Robbie "Replay"Neilson who should be celebrated Albert Kidd style every anniversary?

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using Tapatalk

InchHibby
03-11-2016, 11:06 AM
Easily one of the best days of my life, just looking at them after Hanlon
Equalised, they knew right at that moment they were beat.

Coults1875
03-11-2016, 11:21 AM
Still amazes me how henderson managed to find cummings and then for him to head the ball that high and dip perfectly in for the goal.

Craig_in_Prague
03-11-2016, 11:35 AM
Gunnarson's ball onto the bar + header off the line in the last seconds though; still gives me a fright when I watch it lol
Cup was well deserved, but plenty 'hairy' moments throughout, the 2x Derbies and the Semi in particular (thanks Conrad).

ACLeith
03-11-2016, 11:52 AM
And watching it again on the DVD I had forgotten that Jason's "goal" in the first half was wrongly chalked off for offside. Could have been another major decision to go against us - we could have been saying "see if that goal had stood, we might have got a replay, beaten them at ER and you never know, we might have gone on to make 2016 our year".

So, poetic justice that Jason's "lucky" header (his words, not mine!) started to right that wrong.

:flag:

Col2
03-11-2016, 12:30 PM
Still amazes me how henderson managed to find cummings and then for him to head the ball that high and dip perfectly in for the goal.

Yes and the finish from Hanlon while he was off balance and a defender was incredible.

snooky
03-11-2016, 12:43 PM
Gunnarson's ball onto the bar + header off the line in the last seconds though; still gives me a fright when I watch it lol
Cup was well deserved, but plenty 'hairy' moments throughout, the 2x Derbies and the Semi in particular (thanks Conrad).

It was moments like those that made you think, hmmm.... maybe this is meant to be.

Alex Trager
03-11-2016, 01:10 PM

This is a particularly poignant point of interest for me.

I enjoyed it thoroughly.

That is why the Stubbsy at the end is MEGA loud!

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
03-11-2016, 01:14 PM
It was moments like those that made you think, hmmm.... maybe this is meant to be.

Listening on the radio, i just thought those ******* have fluked it again. Commentators reaction made it sound like a goal

frazeHFC
03-11-2016, 01:18 PM
Still though we over-celebrated the equaliser, it's not as if we will go on and win the thing....... :faf:

surreyhibbie
03-11-2016, 01:38 PM
It annoys them immensely. they are raging that they could (should?) have stopped us in our tracks and they blew it.

Neilson is disliked for that result more than any other..

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

O'Rourke3
03-11-2016, 02:29 PM

TBF all I was thinking was GIRUY Jambos:lolyam:

JimBHibees
03-11-2016, 02:32 PM
What would have totally topped that was if Cummings had been able to collect the breakaway from the corner and smashed it into the top corner to make it 3-2 though like Robbie Neilson it was good that there was a money spinning replay after all. :greengrin

matty_f
03-11-2016, 02:34 PM
Mrs F had been in Glasgow with her mum the night before so I had to go and pick her up in the morning, we had the game on the radio heading back through and it was 2-0 by the time I had dropped off my mother in law. We got home to catch most of the second half, and I remember the celebration when Jason scored being relatively muted - it caught us by surprise a wee bit.

When Hanlon scored, I think the folk in the next street heard me and my son celebrating, we were jumping about the living room. It was a superb feeling!

Mr White
03-11-2016, 02:48 PM
When Hanlon scored, I think the folk in the next street heard me and my son celebrating, we were jumping about the living room. It was a superb feeling!

Ditto for us Matty, the best living room celebrations ever. Though Conrad's penalty saves came close :greengrin

southern hibby
03-11-2016, 06:35 PM
Remember the 4-4 game they score 2 in injury time just bought a house in gosport, Hampshire and spent a fortune on getting it done up. That day the plasterer was in plastering up a door way from living room to dinning room as my mrs ( at the time) needed the extra space for a huge range cooker.

When they scored 4th I lost it and put my foot through plasterwork, plasterboard and moved the wooden joist underneath.

Obviously told x Mrs I fell off ladder and it was an accident. Cost another fortune to fix. God I really do wonder how much hibs cost me over the years 😀😀😀 every penny worth it me thinks.

GGTTH

erin go bragh
03-11-2016, 06:51 PM

I got a boom text , then a fin boom boom 115 in a row text at half time .
I didn't notice till I got in after the game . Gave him a phone and he says " this will mean nothing unless you go on and win it "
O ya flucker .

Broken Gnome
03-11-2016, 06:57 PM

The follow up corner was even better, considering the shot before we eventually cleared it was blocked by a Hearts player. Think it was heading in with no one with a chance of stopping it.

Who's the Hearts legend that cleared one off the line for us in the 94th minute to keep Hibs in the cup?

CraigHibee
03-11-2016, 07:08 PM
To be fair, my pal who is a Jambo was at the replay at easter Road and he text me after the game to say " well deserved, that's the team that will win the cup" my response "no chance" lol how wrong could I have been :)

Topographic Hibby
03-11-2016, 07:08 PM
I couldn't watch or listen. I was keeping up date on my iPad via BBC sport match updates. At 2-1 down with minutes to go I thought, well that's that over.

When Hanlon equalised, their update was something like:
"Hanlon equalises for Hibs, its utter pandemonium here...!!!"

And their reporter was probably sitting in the deathtrap stand rather than the Hibs end........

Aldo
03-11-2016, 07:17 PM
They pretend it doesn't bother them but they are kidding themselves big time.

They have lost their comfort blanket over us and it hurts, its hurts them bad. What makes it worse is that they were part of a chain of events that could have prevented us lifting the Scottish Cup but with 9 minutes to go they blew it!!

Thanks to them we went into win the Scottish Cup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-11-2016, 07:20 PM
They had settled for 2-0, I knew if we got one we would get two and so it came to be! Quite a lively night in The Office as I recall.

JimBHibees
03-11-2016, 07:22 PM
Was out with workmates last week and a Hearts fan I hadn't seen in a while was making out he didn't know what the score was, big time denial. :flag:

Tobias Funke
03-11-2016, 07:25 PM
Was out with workmates last week and a Hearts fan I hadn't seen in a while was making out he didn't know what the score was, big time denial. :flag:

What a bellend! I love hearing stuff like this, our cup win has absolutely devastated them!

Col2
03-11-2016, 07:44 PM
One Jambo said to me recently that he is still in mourning and he says he and his yam mates can't get excited about battling with St Johnstone and Ross County for 4th.

He says atmosphere is terrible at tynecastle and fans are demanding a cup run 'or else' from Neilson.

Even Scot Wilson has lost his edge.

SouthMoroccoStu
03-11-2016, 08:00 PM
Didn't Scott Wilson say at half time..."welcome to the only Edinburgh Derby this season" (I paraphrase)

Hee hee

Pedantic_Hibee
03-11-2016, 08:08 PM
Watched it in their main stand surrounded but Jambos.

I know you all have wonderful stories of joy and smugness, but please picture me in Tynecastle's hospitality suite after Hanlon's equaliser, sinking pints and looking around at so many utterly depressed maroon faces. Joyous. And smug. Very smug.

johncrobertson@
03-11-2016, 08:10 PM
Didn't Scott Wilson say at half time..."welcome to the only Edinburgh Derby this season" (I paraphrase)

Hee hee

Never forget Neilsen when interviewed after the game - ' It will be even sweeter knocking them out in the replay on their patch' Aye your always entertaining Neilsen!!!

IWasThere2016
03-11-2016, 08:10 PM
My youngest has a match so I didn't see most of it.

However, got home and put it on with us 0-2 doon and with 15 mins to go .. and the rest is history :greengrin

3pm
03-11-2016, 08:40 PM
6'5 and 19st but knocked off my feet when the equaliser went in.

Good times.

3pm
03-11-2016, 08:43 PM
The mutants should never have been 2-0 up that day either.

Stax
03-11-2016, 08:58 PM
Remember the 4-4 game they score 2 in injury time just bought a house in gosport, Hampshire and spent a fortune on getting it done up. That day the plasterer was in plastering up a door way from living room to dinning room as my mrs ( at the time) needed the extra space for a huge range cooker.

When they scored 4th I lost it and put my foot through plasterwork, plasterboard and moved the wooden joist underneath.

Obviously told x Mrs I fell off ladder and it was an accident. Cost another fortune to fix. God I really do wonder how much hibs cost me over the years 😀😀😀 every penny worth it me thinks.

GGTTH
Brilliant post mate :thumbsup: must admit brought back a few mixed feelings for me. My son was born on New Year's Day & I was listening to the game on hospital radio. My good lady was getting annoyed & a wee bit hormonal asking where my priorities were. At 4-2 up I took the headphones off and basked in the glow of my 1st born and & 2003 getting of to a blinder. Cue my jambo father in law walking in to the hospital to deliver the news / take the piss & my missus going into meltdown because we were going on about the bloody football...

Brooster
03-11-2016, 09:10 PM

Good times.

You been loising weight big yin?

Jonnyboy
03-11-2016, 09:12 PM
Didn't notice it at the time, due to bedlam having taken over the stand but Martin Boyle's celebration is outstanding! My brother and I were sitting in line with the corner flag on the side the players rushed to after Hanlon's glorious equaliser. When the ball hit the net, Boyle was standing on the track near the corner flag and he just launched himself into the Hibs crowd :greengrin You can see him do it on the TV footage, if you can drag your eyes away from watching the ball hit the net :thumbsup:

marinello59
03-11-2016, 09:18 PM

Good times.

5'6" and 11 stone. I was off my feet and in severe danger of getting thrown on to the pitch. A brilliant moment. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
03-11-2016, 09:23 PM
That was a great day - my daughter's first away derby and my birthday.

One other memory of that day was the boy taking a header over the exit after the Nicholson goal. What a thud! I take it he fully recovered?

silverhibee
03-11-2016, 10:56 PM

Good times.

Hate to think what you weigh now. :greengrin

Cat Stanton
03-11-2016, 11:12 PM
You should see it on the DVD!

Don't spoil it FFS......

monktonharp
03-11-2016, 11:31 PM

GGTTH:faf::slipper: f/kin funny I was at that game bloody shocking to lose a 2 goal lead like that!

Baader
03-11-2016, 11:57 PM
Delusional fools. It's not over til its over. So have that.

Aged 40 and I've seen Hibs lift two of the three domestic honours. Nae Jambo my age can say that! :na na:

givescotlandfreedom
04-11-2016, 02:35 AM
Most pleasing. Good that one of their ex players (Grainger?) taunted Hibs when the draw was made about remembering the previous time Hibs had met Hearts in the cup. And forgetting they got papped out at Easter Road by the Spoonster.

Libby Hibby
04-11-2016, 05:21 AM
6ft and 17st...ended up in the row in front after the equaliser, our end was Bedlam and the loudest 'Stubbsy, Stubbsy' chant sure was rammed down their throats.

Also it was the 1st time the SJM song really took off and walking out of that *****hole at FT was all you could hear.

wookie70
04-11-2016, 06:56 AM
Apart from the bedlam at the goal the SJM chants walking out are my best memory. The joy on the faces was amazing to see. Little did we know then

CorrieHibs
04-11-2016, 08:09 AM
I was at the game with my mates and at half time we were all wondering how we were 2-0 down. The usual stuff, typical derby and they seem to do it to us time and time again.

Cummings scores with a looping header and I turned round to my mate and said "we're going to do this"

When hanlon scored the second the scenes in the roseburn were unbelievable. It was pure joy and euphoria. We hardly ever do that to them, especially at the PBS.

If we had even another 5 mins we would of win it there.

There are so many great memories from our Scottish cup win this year from malonga's screamer against Raith to the final.

Will never forget it.

Keith_M
04-11-2016, 10:11 AM
OK, I'll join in...

I'm 6' tall and weigh 14 stone... and fell over drunk.

:greengrin

Laurs
04-11-2016, 10:35 AM
I was supposed to come home from New York that day straight to the game but as we were delayed going out because of the snow there by 2 days we added them on at the end so I never made it. I was however up at the crack of dawn in some bizarre sports bar watching it on a dodgy stream and when the goal I about bounced off the ceiling. After a quick explanation to the barman of the significance of the goal i was presented with a celebratory tequila :) I was gutted I missed it :(

Cabbage East
04-11-2016, 10:37 AM
I left before the equaliser like an absolute fanny.

Keith_M
04-11-2016, 10:47 AM

:faf:

Sorry Bud but that's a classic!

ano hibby
04-11-2016, 10:48 AM
There were a number of iconic moments in the cup run. Coming from behind in a SCF V The Rangers obviously tops the lot but the Hanlon equaliser v them was a very close second.

It changed the psyche of the players, the entire club and the support. It showed that no longer should we feel nervous about them, about being behind against them. Fans and players for the foreseeable future will be imbued with a much greater sense of belief and confidence in games like this especially against them. It changed a pattern of results that had been in place for decades. Massive monkey off our back.

We've actually owned them for a few years now in our head to head games.

I'll forever be grateful I was at that game. Celebrated that goal like almost no other. It changed the course of history in so many ways.

Out****instanding it was.

Salt N Sauzee
04-11-2016, 11:59 AM

Sare yin

Craig_HFC
04-11-2016, 12:20 PM

:bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

Ringothedog
04-11-2016, 12:32 PM
There were a number of iconic moments in the cup run. Coming from behind in a SCF V The Rangers obviously tops the lot but the Hanlon equaliser v them was a very close second.

It changed the psyche of the players, the entire club and the support. It showed that no longer should we feel nervous about them, about being behind against them. Fans and players for the foreseeable future will be imbued with a much greater sense of belief and confidence in games like this especially against them. It changed a pattern of results that had been in place for decades. Massive monkey off our back.

We've actually owned them for a few years now in our head to head games.

I'll forever be grateful I was at that game. Celebrated that goal like almost no other. It changed the course of history in so many ways.

Out****instanding it was.

When we went up to Inverness and won the replay, after the weekend result we had just had, that was the moment I started to believe we could win it. The guts and determination we showed that night was first class.

haagsehibby
04-11-2016, 12:45 PM
I was over from Holland that weekend, staying at my brother's house in Corstorphine. No chance of a ticket, didn't fancy watching it in any of the local pubs so we went down to the Hibs club. What a great decision that was. The place was jumping at the end.

ano hibby
04-11-2016, 02:49 PM
When we went up to Inverness and won the replay, after the weekend result we had just had, that was the moment I started to believe we could win it. The guts and determination we showed that night was first class.

Agreed. And the iconic moment was Oxley time wasting or losing his contact lense & getting a yellow card. Leads to a suspension, leads to the Polar Bear in from the cold & surely one of the most iconic debuts ever. Rest = history:)

jingler1954
04-11-2016, 03:19 PM
One of the highlights of the day was the walk back to Princess Street after the game the singing and the atmosphere was amazing. That day came a very close second to the Cup Final.

linlithgowhibbie
04-11-2016, 03:36 PM

Was Warburton there too ?

shetlandhibee
04-11-2016, 04:44 PM
was it not kevin thompson that headed of the line in the dyeing seconds?:flag:

Craig_in_Prague
04-11-2016, 07:48 PM
was it not kevin thompson that headed of the line in the dyeing seconds?:flag:

Yes it was, didn't mean to write it that Gunnarson did both

Northernhibee
04-11-2016, 07:57 PM
I do wonder how we'll be speaking about this team in 30-40 years time. They're going to go down in Hibernian folklore, that's for certain, but it's like they're the sign that Hibs are back on the up after years of disappointment.

What makes the story of this team even more incredible that the story is more beautiful than just the cup run - you've got the years of pain under Calderwood, the 2012 and 2013 finals back to back, the following relegation, the failure to get promotion in season one, the optimism after the Raith game, the 2-2 comeback and the 1-0 game in front of a packed ER, the disappointment of the League Cup final, the brilliant story of Conrad Logan in the semi, the crushing play off against Falkirk followed by the ultimate saccharine sweet ending with a last minute goal. I can't have been the only one thinking of how I felt the previous three times we'd left Hampden when leaving this time around.

It's been a tough few years for the club but the years of misery and disappointment made 21st May 2016 all the more incredibly sweet. Promotion this year and the transformation from the 'old' Hibs to the 'new' Hibs back where they should be will be complete.

PatHead
04-11-2016, 08:25 PM
I love Hibs.

Fergos
04-11-2016, 08:34 PM
I do wonder how we'll be speaking about this team in 30-40 years time. They're going to go down in Hibernian folklore, that's for certain, but it's like they're the sign that Hibs are back on the up after years of disappointment.

What makes the story of this team even more incredible that the story is more beautiful than just the cup run - you've got the years of pain under Calderwood, the 2012 and 2013 finals back to back, the following relegation, the failure to get promotion in season one, the optimism after the Raith game, the 2-2 comeback and the 1-0 game in front of a packed ER, the disappointment of the League Cup final, the brilliant story of Conrad Logan in the semi, the crushing play off against Falkirk followed by the ultimate saccharine sweet ending with a last minute goal. I can't have been the only one thinking of how I felt the previous three times we'd left Hampden when leaving this time around.

It's been a tough few years for the club but the years of misery and disappointment made 21st May 2016 all the more incredibly sweet. Promotion this year and the transformation from the 'old' Hibs to the 'new' Hibs back where they should be will be complete.

Great post.

GLORY GLORY TO THE HIBEES

Sir David Gray
04-11-2016, 08:38 PM
One of the highlights of the day was the walk back to Princess Street after the game the singing and the atmosphere was amazing. That day came a very close second to the Cup Final.

It was a good day but it came nowhere near 21/05/16 for me.

PatHead
04-11-2016, 09:02 PM
Apart from the bedlam at the goal the SJM chants walking out are my best memory. The joy on the faces was amazing to see. Little did we know then

Like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEGezXTv--E

Northernhibee
04-11-2016, 09:33 PM
If they could hold a two goal lead against a lower league team with ten minutes to go we'd not even have had our DVD out recently.

SuperAllyMcleod
04-11-2016, 10:39 PM

WHY? We were only one down, anything can happen!

How far had you got? Did you hear the roar behind you?

Haymaker
05-11-2016, 12:49 AM
I love Hibs.

This.

Onion
05-11-2016, 01:13 AM

After trudging through to Hamdump for so many catastrophes and abject failures by many, very good Hibs sides, I never ever thought we'd with the thing. Even in my wildest dreams.

21 May was the calmest I've ever felt at a Hibs Cup Final - zero expectations and just hoping that we just for once stay in the match for longer than 20-30 mins. That's what made Stokes 3 min opener all the more crazy - no Hibs fan in living memory had seen anything like that, Hibs winning in a Scottish Cup Final. That first goal suggested things might not be going according to the usual script.The ref played a blinder. And the Huns capitulated. All as unexpected as it was glorious.

Haymaker
05-11-2016, 01:38 AM
After trudging through to Hamdump for so many catastrophes and abject failures by many, very good Hibs sides, I never ever thought we'd with the thing. Even in my wildest dreams.

21 May was the calmest I've ever felt at a Hibs Cup Final - zero expectations and just hoping that we just for once stay in the match for longer than 20-30 mins. That's what made Stokes 3 min opener all the more crazy - no Hibs fan in living memory had seen anything like that, Hibs winning in a Scottish Cup Final. That first goal suggested things might not be going according to the usual script.The ref played a blinder. And the Huns capitulated. All as unexpected as it was glorious.

This. I am usually pumped for hibs cup finals, having travelled up for the LC final, the play off result etc... It killed my "we're gonna do this" vibe. Stokes slipping that ball in early doors changed everything. We were going to do it.

I said "**** me, we'll win this on penalties." And my uncle Eddie said "Naw, we'll score here." When Liam Henderson stepped up and... Well I'm sure everyone knows the rest.

**** me, the emotions that day.

lapsedhibee
05-11-2016, 05:35 AM

*cough* Tony Higgins *cough* 1979 *cough* :nerd:

Springbank
05-11-2016, 06:07 AM
What would have totally topped that was if Cummings had been able to collect the breakaway from the corner and smashed it into the top corner to make it 3-2 though like Robbie Neilson it was good that there was a money spinning replay after all. :greengrin

You know it's the best cup run story of all time when...

....the boys were saving up the "3-2 victory with the injury time winner" for the final, not for the local derby (away)

:greengrin:flag::greengrin

AlbertK86
05-11-2016, 12:12 PM
Delusional fools. It's not over til its over. So have that. Aged 40 and I've seen Hibs lift two of the three domestic honours. Nae Jambo my age can say that! :na na:

To be fair they've seen their team blow all the major trophies in Scotland at the last hurdle !!! 😜👍

Seriously though the Roseburn stand was on the verge of collapse when Hanlon equalised and the noise was incredible as we left the stadium

05-11-2016, 01:13 PM
Make absolutely no mistake Ladies and Gentlemen, it absolutely sickens them rotten that they could have stopped us winning the cup and having that glorious day in May. 1902, big team big cup etc etc was their absolute favourite wind up patter and if they had just held on in the last minute or so at home after being 2-0 up with 10 minutes to go they would still have it and they wouldn't have had to suffer the misery of watching us finally go on to win it. How. ****ing. MARVELOUS :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

I was there that day and I remember the texts flooding in at half time from jambos and seeing the jambos on facebook giving it all the "oh dear maybe next year, 1902, 115 years, just a wee team etc". Also take great delight watching the highlights and hearing the tramps chant "stubbsy", "1902" etc etc :greengrin

They should neer have even been 2-0 up at HT anyway, that scoreline didn't tell a true story of the half. I remember turning to my dad at HT and we both agreed that 2-0 flattered hearts.

Hearts arrogance was there downfall that day IMO, they thought it was won by half time and obviously believed it was just same old hibs and we would fall to pieces. Which probably in fairness, most hibs teams of the past would have done. I mean can you imagine if that had been Butchers team 2-0 down at tynecastle at half time, we would have utterly fallen to bits and more than likely have gone on to get a battering in the second half. That day answered a lot of questions about our bottle and showed a very different hibs team, a team that just didn't know when they were beat. Something we later went on to prove again in the final.

They have the cheek to talk about "hibsing it" when the reality is that was the biggest bottle crash of the season :faf::giruy2:

Still, at least you got your money spinner though eh Robbie :greengrin

05-11-2016, 01:22 PM
The kickback thread is a thing of beauty. Very rarely will I read things on these message boards and genuinely laugh out loud but I did for that. The sheer smuggness and arrogance turning to despair then a few giving it "oh well we will give them a humilation on their own patch in the replay"

Some clown on twitter was even suggesting that this was a good thing for hearts and that he was delighted at this as now it meant they could give us a doing in front of our home fans at ER :faf:

Hahaha oh magic. Just magic :thumbsup:

Glory Lurker
05-11-2016, 01:23 PM
And then it was all over for them in only four minutes at ER. Pleasing.

High-On-Hibs
05-11-2016, 01:42 PM
#jambottlers :brokenyam:

05-11-2016, 09:08 PM
#jambottlers :brokenyam:

Haha in the season they came up with the oh so witty and hilarious (:rolleyes:) "hibsing it" phrase they go and produce that belter of a bottle crash on their own patch that results in us finally winning the SC. Oh so so sweet! :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Deansy
08-11-2016, 10:14 AM
They pretend it doesn't bother them but they are kidding themselves big time.

They have lost their comfort blanket over us and it hurts, its hurts them bad. What makes it worse is that they were part of a chain of events that could have prevented us lifting the Scottish Cup but with 9 minutes to go they blew it!!

Thanks to them we went into win the Scottish Cup

Yup. 'Playing within their means' is REALLY hurting them !! Wonder if the media will ever recognise/acknowledge the fact that their most successful period over us was also the same period they were playing 'Footloose & fancy free' with other people's money ??

Drumlanrig
08-11-2016, 10:50 AM
And then it was all over for them in only four minutes at ER. Pleasing.

Couldn't get to the game as I work in France, nae coverage on mainstream or Hibs TV as it was a chumpions league night! What to do?

So I ended up tuning into a periscope stream... but it was from the Manks end.!!!! I felt like was standing surrounded by three thousand mingin' Yam roasters, athough I was in my own flat in Paris.

Cummings scores and I didn't kow whether I could jump about going nuts or not?? ...... Really enjoyed listening i as the puddledrinkers were greetin for theest of the 90mins, specially with their 'goals' being chalked off!

I had a shower after being in the Yam end but I now have six fingers on each hand???

Aldo
08-11-2016, 02:56 PM
Yup. 'Playing within their means' is REALLY hurting them !! Wonder if the media will ever recognise/acknowledge the fact that their most successful period over us was also the same period they were playing 'Footloose & fancy free' with other people's money ??

Dream on if you think the media will have anything bad to say about the Club with no shame aka 'The Poppy Thieves'.

Swept under the carpet like the debt etc.

They might want to forget but i never will and will take every opportunity to rub it right in, including how they 'Hibsedit' that fateful day at the PBS with 9 minutes to go!