PDA

View Full Version : NHC Scotland squad

Stax
02-11-2016, 09:11 PM
Thoughts everyone? I thought Snodgrass was unavailable through injury and was surprised to see him included. Stephen Kingsley had a good debut against Arsenal at left back does he have a chance of starting ahead of Wallace? Central defence looks poor and what will cost us I fear. Good to see McGinn included but can't see him getting any game time. And is Strachan going to give Griffiths a start? Doubt it unfortunately.

blaikie
02-11-2016, 09:16 PM
Surprised Armstrong isn't in there to be honest.

Brightside
02-11-2016, 09:30 PM
Thoughts everyone? I thought Snodgrass was unavailable through injury and was surprised to see him included. Stephen Kingsley had a good debut against Arsenal at left back does he have a chance of starting ahead of Wallace? Central defence looks poor and what will cost us I fear. Good to see McGinn included but can't see him getting any game time. And is Strachan going to give Griffiths a start? Doubt it unfortunately.

Pointless even looking whilst Strachan still picks it.

pacorosssco
02-11-2016, 09:51 PM

We just dont have quality. Whoever in charge. Still hope for a miracle and support

Brightside
02-11-2016, 09:57 PM
We just dont have quality. Whoever in charge. Still hope for a miracle and support

Shinnie at Aberdeen. McCormack Armstrong.... all three should actually be playing never mind in the squad.

Sergey
02-11-2016, 10:03 PM

I'm not an avid Scotland fan, but I do have briefs for the match next week and will have to sit on my hands as I'm in with the home support, but I ask who you would have in charge rather that Strachan?

It's a God forsaken job that will scupper any managerial CV and I honestly believe he's the best man to get the best out of a pretty mediocre crock of shi!.

I'd be happy with a draw, but England are there for the taking and I hope we go out to win the match from the off.

My last Scotland match was in Paris when we won 0-1 when McFadden scored a screamer. Great night and I'm hoping for the same next Friday.

JDHibs
03-11-2016, 10:31 AM
I tend not to look too much into the squads anymore as i dont agree with the selections.

However, Griffiths wont start. He will start with Martin upfront as we will play defensive, plus Martin has been scoring goals at Fulham.

Thought Armstrong was in with a good shout, same with Shinnie for LB with Tierney and Robertson ruled out.

Central defence is our weak link at the back. Wing backs look ok, Hutton/ Paterson and several options at LB with Kingsley looking promising in a poor Swansea team. He wont move from Martin/Hanley in centre defence unless one is injured.

All good and well McGinn being called up, but with Brown a guaranteed starter and with Fletcher, McArthur and Bannan all vying for 2/3 positions in central midfield, i doubt he will get a shout. Bannan will drop to the bench as McArthur is in a bit of form.

Predicted line up -

Marshall

Hutton (Experience)
Martin
Hanley
Kingsley

Ritchie
Brown
McArthur
Fletcher
Snodgrass (If fit) or Burke (may need a bit of magic and an outball)

Martin

Steve20
03-11-2016, 10:39 AM

Not really. It would be far better if he was with us getting prepared for the Falkirk game. Hibs should always be priority over Scotland.

Blaster
03-11-2016, 10:52 AM
Shinnie at Aberdeen. McCormack Armstrong.... all three should actually be playing never mind in the squad.

I wouldn't have shinnie before the 4 left backs currently ahead of him

cabbageandribs1875
03-11-2016, 10:52 AM
Not really. It would be far better if he was with us getting prepared for the Falkirk game. Hibs should always be priority over Scotland.

every professional football player wants to represent his country, super john obviously agrees, and so do hibs

Rugy07
03-11-2016, 11:01 AM
I tend not to look too much into the squads anymore as i dont agree with the selections.

However, Griffiths wont start. He will start with Martin upfront as we will play defensive, plus Martin has been scoring goals at Fulham.

Thought Armstrong was in with a good shout, same with Shinnie for LB with Tierney and Robertson ruled out.

Central defence is our weak link at the back. Wing backs look ok, Hutton/ Paterson and several options at LB with Kingsley looking promising in a poor Swansea team. He wont move from Martin/Hanley in centre defence unless one is injured.

All good and well McGinn being called up, but with Brown a guaranteed starter and with Fletcher, McArthur and Bannan all vying for 2/3 positions in central midfield, i doubt he will get a shout. Bannan will drop to the bench as McArthur is in a bit of form.

Predicted line up -

Marshall

Hutton (Experience)
Martin
Hanley
Kingsley

Ritchie
Brown
McArthur
Fletcher
Snodgrass (If fit) or Burke (may need a bit of magic and an outball)

Martin

Hutton isn't in the squad. It's the first time in years he's actually playing club football and he gets dropped! FWIW I think he's always been massively overrated, but i'd still take him over Patterson.

CorrieHibs
03-11-2016, 11:28 AM
I don't think strachan has even put in any effort in to picking the squad. There is no surprises included.

He was forced to include Kingsley and Wallace.

Surprised he has Paterson as the only right back, unless he plays Martin there but doubt it. Hutton has actually be playing this time for villa.

No imagination, it is just the same squad more or less that drew against Lithuania and that were shocking against Slovakia.

Surprised Armstrong, Philips at West Brom, Bardsley Right back at Stoke and Charlie Adam haven't had a look in.

where'stheslope
03-11-2016, 06:21 PM
No wonder Scotland is in a very dark place at the moment!
Football fans just don't like players from other teams, like in the earlier post about Paterson and yet we as a club fan we want Griffiths to play as he played for us?
We totally give away our best players for next to nothing as they don't get a game for Scotland until they go south or take up with the Old Firm, and then they are selected as now good enough for Scotland some don't even need to play for their teams to get a game!!
Its all very sad, but until the nature of fans support changes we are going to stay a 3rd world football nation!!!

Zazu62
03-11-2016, 06:25 PM
I wouldn't have shinnie before the 4 left backs currently ahead of him

I'm sure Shinnie plays in central midfield now could be wrong

Blaster
03-11-2016, 06:39 PM
I'm sure Shinnie plays in central midfield now could be wrong

I think the key point is all posters have different views on who should be in or out which just shows how difficult it is for strachan. There will always be a case for lots of players who were not picked.

I wish we had the same number of choices to pick from at centre half which is far and away the weakest part of our team/squad

Brightside
04-11-2016, 09:44 AM
I'd rather have this pair as the Centre Backs. Probably too much mobility for Gordo.

WeeRussell
04-11-2016, 11:08 AM
Hutton isn't in the squad. It's the first time in years he's actually playing club football and he gets dropped! FWIW I think he's always been massively overrated, but i'd still take him over Patterson.

Agree with almost all of that, though I think I'd prefer to see Paterson play than Hutton.

WeeRussell
04-11-2016, 11:10 AM
No wonder Scotland is in a very dark place at the moment!
Football fans just don't like players from other teams, like in the earlier post about Paterson and yet we as a club fan we want Griffiths to play as he played for us?
We totally give away our best players for next to nothing as they don't get a game for Scotland until they go south or take up with the Old Firm, and then they are selected as now good enough for Scotland some don't even need to play for their teams to get a game!!
Its all very sad, but until the nature of fans support changes we are going to stay a 3rd world football nation!!!

I want Griffiths to play for Scotland as he is our best striker, and I haven't seen Chris Martin have anything more than an average game for us, ever. I want our best players available to be playing, regardless of which club they play for or used to play for.

Scotland fans have no issue getting behind the team in every game they play. The nature of the fans is nothing to do with our poor football nation.

Unseen work
04-11-2016, 12:51 PM
Shinnie and Armstrong should 100% be in the Scotland squad.

Young players who can play a number of positions and are mobile.

Time to get rid of the older players like Chris and Russel Martin, James Morrison, Alan Hutton and Darren fletcher that have failed recently.

Also think John Souttar will get up a call up soon.

JimBHibees
04-11-2016, 01:09 PM
Shinnie and Armstrong should 100% be in the Scotland squad.

Young players who can play a number of positions and are mobile.

Time to get rid of the older players like Chris and Russel Martin, James Morrison, Alan Hutton and Darren fletcher that have failed recently.

Also think John Souttar will get up a call up soon.

Surely not. The small bits I have seen of him he looks awful.

IvanSproule
04-11-2016, 01:19 PM
Bardsley being left out is criminal.

Played every minute of 3 consecutive EPL wins for stoke, MOM in one. But Strachan doesn't get on with him so we're stuck with a Hearts full back who just shipped 3 to Inverness Caley Thistle.

Up against Rashford or Sterling.......

Levein was rightly slated for letting personal stuff get in the way of selection. Strachan is just as bad.

Future17
04-11-2016, 01:42 PM
I don't think strachan has even put in any effort in to picking the squad. There is no surprises included.

He was forced to include Kingsley and Wallace.

Surprised he has Paterson as the only right back, unless he plays Martin there but doubt it. Hutton has actually be playing this time for villa.

No imagination, it is just the same squad more or less that drew against Lithuania and that were shocking against Slovakia.

Surprised Armstrong, Philips at West Brom, Bardsley Right back at Stoke and Charlie Adam haven't had a look in.

So there's no surprises except the things you're surprised about? :greengrin

erin go bragh
04-11-2016, 03:46 PM
Thread says NHC ! But what about SJM :) .Griffiths should be starting as he looked more likely than score in his 20 min cameo than Martin had in the previous 70 mins . SJM also played a lovely pass to put Griffitths through too .

leither17
05-11-2016, 01:29 PM
Bardsley being left out is criminal.

Played every minute of 3 consecutive EPL wins for stoke, MOM in one. But Strachan doesn't get on with him so we're stuck with a Hearts full back who just shipped 3 to Inverness Caley Thistle.

Up against Rashford or Sterling.......

Levein was rightly slated for letting personal stuff get in the way of selection. Strachan is just as bad.

Just coming on to this thread to say the exact same thing. Alan Hutton hasn't played anywhere near the levels he was 3-4 years ago

Bad Martini
08-11-2016, 11:29 AM
Thread says NHC ! But what about SJM :) .Griffiths should be starting as he looked more likely than score in his 20 min cameo than Martin had in the previous 70 mins . SJM also played a lovely pass to put Griffitths through too .

Correct. On both counts.

Griffiths and SJM should be playing from the start and shouldn't be taken off either unless injured.

Both will give England a torrid time, the worst England team in years. Lacking confidence, leadership and any direction...they were none to clever before they imploded with the Iceland game. They've gone backwards since. Go figure.

We've always been *****. We know this. We don't expect any more. We've certainly been more ***** than England. Therefore, we are not on a hiding to nothing. If they win, their press expects it. If they lose, their press loves it.

All we need to do is start brightly, sit in if absolutely needed but keep pressing. In all honesty, we have never had a better chance of qualifying in years. All the "top" teams have underperformed and the group is wide open. Far from waiting for England to pop up and win it, we should hae the balls to go for that ourselves and let them and the rest fight out for second. I genuinely mean that and haven't had any yam-esque narcotics that impair my judgement.

We'll be coming.

Tht said, bawbag will play the wrong team and it'll all go to **** sadly.

ENDOF

Betty Boop
08-11-2016, 11:38 AM
Charlie Mulgrew now been added to the squad.

CorrieHibs
08-11-2016, 11:47 AM
So there's no surprises except the things you're surprised about? :greengrin

If you read it properly. I said Strachan has no surprises.

CorrieHibs
08-11-2016, 11:49 AM
Charlie Mulgrew now been added to the squad.

Laughable. Strachan picks his favourites again.

greenlex
08-11-2016, 01:57 PM
Did anyone catch. Charlie Adam on the radio this morning? I was only half listening but what I caught and reading between the line he was moaning about not being picked whilst McGinn was in the squad. Did I pick that up right?

greenlex
10-11-2016, 12:16 AM
Did anyone catch. Charlie Adam on the radio this morning? I was only half listening but what I caught and reading between the line he was moaning about not being picked whilst McGinn was in the squad. Did I pick that up right?

Obviously I did.😂😂😂